- Around Town
- Resources Real Estate announces their Award-winning Sales Agents
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Oceana Designs
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - The Loft at Arianas Grand
- 2016 Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2015 - Tuscany Italian Specialty Foods
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Day Tripper - Wild West City
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- Popular Daily Specials Return to AMA Ristorante
- Staten Island EatBeat - Ninos Restaurant
- ETC - Beach Bias
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Jos Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Chelsea Kitchen & Bath Design Studio
- The Guide 2015 - Home Living Furniture
- Gift Guide - The Perfect Smile
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Health - Advanced Surgical Health Associates
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - All-County Dermatology
- Health - Spine and Pain Centers
- Health - Holmdel Periodontics
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Elegance in Style and Substance
- A Place for Family - The Castelluccis
- Award-Winning Country Estate
- Our Picks
- Buy Rite Wine & Liquor at the Marketplace
- Our Pick - Richmond Tile & Bath
- Our Pick: Visual Impact Decorating
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sophie Garito
- People on the Move: Michael Chirico
- People on the Move: Ann Yokum
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Tuscany Italian Specialty Foods
- The Guide 2015 - Zio Toto Italian Restaurant
- Our Pick - Marshall P. Allegra, MD
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
A Grand Redesign
04/26/2010 - By Michael Berman
Photography by: AK Photo / Al Kruper
The Finellis musical inspiration sparks a symphony of redecorating
Len and Ursula Finelli purchased their home in Marlboro in 1984 and enjoyed living there until 1993 when they decided they needed a bigger home for their growing family. They were interested in a slightly over two acre building lot in Colts Neck that had a terrific private feel, although it was located in a small subdivision of sorts. The topography, an old historic logging trail, made for an interesting landscape contour and gave the homes site a dramatic backyard grade.
The majestic 5,800 square foot brick and stucco colonial was designed in a classical style and served the family quite well until the Finellis decided to purchase a grand piano for their daughter Danielle, a dance student, to learn to play on. Their son Eric participated in sports such as soccer, baseball and basketball while growing up in Colts Neck, but a piano seemed like a good choice for Danielle to build on her musical interests. A magnificent flame mahogany grand piano found a home in the Finellis living room. Not long afterward Len and Ursula began to look for some new furnishings to complement their great-sounding and elegant looking new purchase.
The Finellis found themselves in Zaksons of Bricktown and Red Bank doing a little browsing and soon met Jolinda Lee, a senior interior designer on staff, and asked her to come over and take a look at their home and make some design suggestions. Well, as so often happens one thing led to another and Ursula and Len were well on their way to composing a symphony of redecorating with the guidance of Jolinda and her assistant Alison Junda. The results are classically inspired with a European twist. Custom furnishings, fabrics, wall finishes and fine art pieces combine with exacting architectural details, such as custom moldings, to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Comfortable, yet elegant in every way, the work accomplished has given the Finelli home a truly rich and inviting character - while not losing a bit of the warmth and comfort that the family enjoys sharing with friends and family whenever possible. The familys grand piano now has a grand, newly redecorated interior to fill with cheerful beautiful music for all to enjoy.
The Finellis designer, Jolinda Lee - working closely with her clients - utilized the considerable design capabilities of Zaksons to create a custom, elegant, yet comfortably inviting design landscape inspired by the purchase of a new mahogany grand piano. Custom fabric selections and fine art pieces as well as faux finishing paint techniques and carefully chosen lighting fixtures all help to create a fresh, warm and intimate interior.
Whats New is a classic song fromthe great American songbook , but could also be the theme playing in the background of any of the Finellis rooms that have been re imagined over the two year time period of their most recent home redesign. Len had always wanted a getaway space to work and relax in.The room adjoining the living room was the perfect place to create this comfort zone for him. Classically inspired built ins are richly stained and finished. Custom moldings (courtesy of Peter Veteska from Architectural Detailing), richly patterned furnishings and architectural details combine to create a masculine yet comfortable getaway space.
The Finelli foyer is grand and quite a bit more interesting with the addition of box moldings accenting the staircase, a glittering crystal chandelier, fine art pieces and ornamental moldings throughout - all adding up to elegance personified. Jolinda describes her design approach to the Finelli home as classical and traditional with European accents without a hint of stiffness.
A view from above reveals balance and elegance in the Finelli great room. Lush fabrics soften the large window and decorative moldings add architectural interest. The Oriental rug grounds the room and the custom plush sofas makes the overall feeling of the space most welcoming.
The redecorated powder room reflects the same attention to detail that the rest of the Finelli home illustrates. A beautiful paint finish, gilded framed mirror along with new bathroom fixtures and just the right accent pieces create an elegantly redesigned private space.
The formal dining room has plenty of seating and has vintage style. The table, chairs, breakfront and sideboard feature classic Chippendale elements and the ceiling detail and chandelier pull the room together with style and grace.
Powered by eDirectory™