- Around Town
- Karen’s School of Fashion Creates and Collects Donations for Local High School Kids
- AMI Foundation Donates More Than 500 lbs. of Food from 6th Annual Food Drive
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Carlo's Bakery
- The Guide 2015 - Red Bank River Center
- The Guide 2015 - 732-Express
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Health Talk
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Blog - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Integrative Health Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health - The Wellness Center Pharmacy & Surgical
- Health - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Driven to Excellence - Bobby Ciasulli
- Shore & Sweet - Barbara and Bill Duffy
- A Regal Invitation - Gracie
- Newsletter Articles
- Lynn's Speech Therapy Center
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Forefront Homes Builds Homes That Welcome, Comfort And Inspire
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: The Back Relief and Comfort Store
- Oceanfront Restaurant’s New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tracey Dell
- People On The Move - Kelly Pretz
- People On The Move: Julie Baron
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Company Profile - School Answers
- The Guide 2015 - Home Living Furniture
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
Beth Thomas- Edwards
Mack-Morris Beth Thomas-Edwards, Inc. Realtors
Beth Thomas-Edwards is Broker of Record and President of Mack-Morris Beth Thomas-Edwards, Inc. ealtors, an independent and full-service real estate agency. Beth founded Mack-Morris 23 years ago. The firm has remained #1 in total sales and listing volume for Holmdel and Colts Neck combined for the past 9 years, as shown in Multiple Listing Service statistics. Mack-Morris is a unique boutique, successfully competing with national franchises. Beth still enjoys working with clients and remains extremely successful and highly respected in the real estate industry.
What is the biggest myth about the real estate industry?
The real estate industry has its ups and downs. We are presently in a down market, also called a buyers’ market; home prices have been plummeting. There have been many bank foreclosures and short sales due to the adjustable-rate mortgages and homeowners over-improving their properties. The positive aspect is that interest rates have dropped to an all-time low. This is the time to invest! Home sellers might lose some profit, but they gain lower interest rates in purchasing a new home. Prospective home buyers have a lot of inventory, low prices, and great interest rates to choose from.
What are the key criteria one should use when hiring a listing agent?
Call three real estate professionals, look at each agency’s website, check your local newspaper, and ask each agent to do a thorough inspection of your property. They will recommend any repairs. Have them do a market analysis using the past 6 months’ comparable sales in your immediate area. Ask for a marketing program. Does that agent invest his own money for a virtual tour, pictures, and a color brochure? Does he/she arrange for open houses? The agent you choose should call you weekly, present all written offers in person, make sure the prospective buyer is qualified, and guide you through contract negotiations. They will confirm inspections, additional deposits, and the buyer’s mortgage process, and should accompany you to the closing.
What are the key criteria in hiring someone as a buyer’s agent?
A buyer’s agent works strictly for the buyer. The agent should know current market conditions, show all homes in the area that meet the buyer’s criteria, and obey the buyer’s instructions. All relevant information should be disclosed to the buyer, including known facts affecting the property value, the length of time the property has been listed, the seller’s need to sell, the willingness of the seller to accept a lower price, and the buyer’s ability to obtain the property at the lowest price. After an offer is made, a market analysis should be provided using comparison sales in the immediate area over the past 6 months. The buyer’s agent must give their undivided loyalty to the buyer but deal fairly and honestly with the seller.
What makes for a smooth closing?
Every seller and buyer should use a real estate attorney. Once attorney review has ended, three contingencies have to be met in a timely process: the buyer’s second deposit, inspections, and a mortgage commitment. If there are any issues on inspections from a licensed inspector, those must be renegotiated through the attorneys. The seller must obtain a certificate of occupancy. The buyer’s attorney will do a title search and survey. On the day of closing, the selling agent will do a walk-through with the buyer to make sure maintenance of the property has been kept up, all included items are intact, and all appliances are in working order. Both listing and selling agents should attend the closing in case any problems should arise.
Powered by eDirectory™