- Around Town
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Decorating Den Interiors
- The Guide 2015 - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Best Bet - Aqualand Pools
- Cover Story
- Dana Canedy - A Gift For Jordan
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Still Strumming: Steve Forbert
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Day Tripper - Wild West City
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Eats: Mangia Mangia
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Cruise Holidays of Marlboro
- Best Bet - Top Line Appliance Center
- Gift Guide - The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Bonavita Laser Centers
- Health - Avatar Spa
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Victorian Splendor - Eaton
- Riverwind - A Little Bit of Iowa on the Navesink
- Colonial Comfy Cozy
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
- The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
- Our Picks
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- Our Pick - GloBar SkinArt Studio
- Our Pick: Woodloch Resort
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- People On The Move - Christina Nelson
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Bear and Birch
- Company Profile - The Compounding Facility
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
Beth Thomas- Edwards
Mack-Morris Beth Thomas-Edwards, Inc. Realtors
Beth Thomas-Edwards is Broker of Record and President of Mack-Morris Beth Thomas-Edwards, Inc. ealtors, an independent and full-service real estate agency. Beth founded Mack-Morris 23 years ago. The firm has remained #1 in total sales and listing volume for Holmdel and Colts Neck combined for the past 9 years, as shown in Multiple Listing Service statistics. Mack-Morris is a unique boutique, successfully competing with national franchises. Beth still enjoys working with clients and remains extremely successful and highly respected in the real estate industry.
What is the biggest myth about the real estate industry?
The real estate industry has its ups and downs. We are presently in a down market, also called a buyers’ market; home prices have been plummeting. There have been many bank foreclosures and short sales due to the adjustable-rate mortgages and homeowners over-improving their properties. The positive aspect is that interest rates have dropped to an all-time low. This is the time to invest! Home sellers might lose some profit, but they gain lower interest rates in purchasing a new home. Prospective home buyers have a lot of inventory, low prices, and great interest rates to choose from.
What are the key criteria one should use when hiring a listing agent?
Call three real estate professionals, look at each agency’s website, check your local newspaper, and ask each agent to do a thorough inspection of your property. They will recommend any repairs. Have them do a market analysis using the past 6 months’ comparable sales in your immediate area. Ask for a marketing program. Does that agent invest his own money for a virtual tour, pictures, and a color brochure? Does he/she arrange for open houses? The agent you choose should call you weekly, present all written offers in person, make sure the prospective buyer is qualified, and guide you through contract negotiations. They will confirm inspections, additional deposits, and the buyer’s mortgage process, and should accompany you to the closing.
What are the key criteria in hiring someone as a buyer’s agent?
A buyer’s agent works strictly for the buyer. The agent should know current market conditions, show all homes in the area that meet the buyer’s criteria, and obey the buyer’s instructions. All relevant information should be disclosed to the buyer, including known facts affecting the property value, the length of time the property has been listed, the seller’s need to sell, the willingness of the seller to accept a lower price, and the buyer’s ability to obtain the property at the lowest price. After an offer is made, a market analysis should be provided using comparison sales in the immediate area over the past 6 months. The buyer’s agent must give their undivided loyalty to the buyer but deal fairly and honestly with the seller.
What makes for a smooth closing?
Every seller and buyer should use a real estate attorney. Once attorney review has ended, three contingencies have to be met in a timely process: the buyer’s second deposit, inspections, and a mortgage commitment. If there are any issues on inspections from a licensed inspector, those must be renegotiated through the attorneys. The seller must obtain a certificate of occupancy. The buyer’s attorney will do a title search and survey. On the day of closing, the selling agent will do a walk-through with the buyer to make sure maintenance of the property has been kept up, all included items are intact, and all appliances are in working order. Both listing and selling agents should attend the closing in case any problems should arise.
Powered by eDirectory™