- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Moonlight Complements
- The Guide 2015 - KryoLife Staten Island
- The Guide 2016 - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Cover Story
- Dr. Fredrik Oberkehr
- Joshing Around
- Woman on a Mission, Senator Ellen Karcher: Wife, Mother and Senator of NJ
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide: Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- Gift Guide - Shelter Home
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- South Shore Animal Hospital
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- Our Pick Parallel Architectural Group
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Rehability, LLC
- Our Pick - Lauren Leo, Agent State Farm Insurance Company
- Our Pick - Monmouth County School of Rock
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Dr. Phillipa Woodriffe
- People On The Move - Chris Wood
- Kids On The Move - Sharon Lin
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- The Guide 2014 - Redhead Photography
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
Beth Thomas- Edwards
Mack-Morris Beth Thomas-Edwards, Inc. Realtors
Beth Thomas-Edwards is Broker of Record and President of Mack-Morris Beth Thomas-Edwards, Inc. ealtors, an independent and full-service real estate agency. Beth founded Mack-Morris 23 years ago. The firm has remained #1 in total sales and listing volume for Holmdel and Colts Neck combined for the past 9 years, as shown in Multiple Listing Service statistics. Mack-Morris is a unique boutique, successfully competing with national franchises. Beth still enjoys working with clients and remains extremely successful and highly respected in the real estate industry.
What is the biggest myth about the real estate industry?
The real estate industry has its ups and downs. We are presently in a down market, also called a buyers market; home prices have been plummeting. There have been many bank foreclosures and short sales due to the adjustable-rate mortgages and homeowners over-improving their properties. The positive aspect is that interest rates have dropped to an all-time low. This is the time to invest! Home sellers might lose some profit, but they gain lower interest rates in purchasing a new home. Prospective home buyers have a lot of inventory, low prices, and great interest rates to choose from.
What are the key criteria one should use when hiring a listing agent?
Call three real estate professionals, look at each agencys website, check your local newspaper, and ask each agent to do a thorough inspection of your property. They will recommend any repairs. Have them do a market analysis using the past 6 months comparable sales in your immediate area. Ask for a marketing program. Does that agent invest his own money for a virtual tour, pictures, and a color brochure? Does he/she arrange for open houses? The agent you choose should call you weekly, present all written offers in person, make sure the prospective buyer is qualified, and guide you through contract negotiations. They will confirm inspections, additional deposits, and the buyers mortgage process, and should accompany you to the closing.
What are the key criteria in hiring someone as a buyers agent?
A buyers agent works strictly for the buyer. The agent should know current market conditions, show all homes in the area that meet the buyers criteria, and obey the buyers instructions. All relevant information should be disclosed to the buyer, including known facts affecting the property value, the length of time the property has been listed, the sellers need to sell, the willingness of the seller to accept a lower price, and the buyers ability to obtain the property at the lowest price. After an offer is made, a market analysis should be provided using comparison sales in the immediate area over the past 6 months. The buyers agent must give their undivided loyalty to the buyer but deal fairly and honestly with the seller.
What makes for a smooth closing?
Every seller and buyer should use a real estate attorney. Once attorney review has ended, three contingencies have to be met in a timely process: the buyers second deposit, inspections, and a mortgage commitment. If there are any issues on inspections from a licensed inspector, those must be renegotiated through the attorneys. The seller must obtain a certificate of occupancy. The buyers attorney will do a title search and survey. On the day of closing, the selling agent will do a walk-through with the buyer to make sure maintenance of the property has been kept up, all included items are intact, and all appliances are in working order. Both listing and selling agents should attend the closing in case any problems should arise.
Powered by eDirectory™