- Around Town
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Ryser’s Landcape Supply
- Best Bet - Devine Creations Design Center
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Design Doors
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - World Class Kitchen & Bath Design Center
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- Gift Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Union Family Eyecare
- Health - Chips Salon
- HWB 2014 - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- Modern Family - Tufaro
- All in the Details
- Homes: Classically Inspired - A family’s heritage and traditions guide a dramatic interior
- Newsletter Articles
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- The Home Gallery - Heritage Deck
- Eats: The Colts Neck Inn
- People On The Move
- Canine on the Move: The Therapy Dog
- People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
- People On The Move - Tony Sloan
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
Home Fashion center
520 Route 9 North
Manalapan, New Jersey 07726
(732) 536-1111 -Fax: (732) 536-1470
Cabitron Kitchen and Bath is a full service remodeling company which has been in business for over 30 years.
Dave McKendrick of Cabitron Kitchen and Bath offers the following renovation and redecorating advice.They represent many semi-custom and custom cabinet manufacturers such as Sie Matic, Starmark, Habersham, Craftmaid, Ultracraft and their own custom brand of cabinets, as well as any type of countertop available. Their showroom is conveniently located on the Route 9 corridor in Manalapan, where they have many displays which range in style from ultra sleek con temporary to old world traditional and everything in between.
Their kitchens, bathrooms and built-in's are designed with your needs first and foremost. Most of their business is based on client referrals; attention to details, customer service and beautifully finished projects are their trademark.
What questions should the consumer ask their contractor before remodeling a kitchen?
The consumer needs to ask their contractor about their experience in this field, exactly what to expect in a time line, and what will be included. The contractor should have everything specifically listed on a scaled layout plan and in a detailed contract showing specific payment schedules. Consumers also need to let the contractor know their preferred expectations and be certain the contractor can fulfill their wishes. And, the contractor should be able to provide references to the client.
What is the kitchen "work triangle" and why is it important?
The typical kitchen triangle places the three most important work areas at the most efficient distance at each point of the triangle – not too close and not too far apart – minimizing traffic through the work area (sink, range, refrigerator). However, in many of the new and larger kitchens it is often difficult to maintain the ideal triangle and considerations need to be adjusted – perhaps adding a second prep area with a sink and refrigerator drawer in an island, which eases the distance between those points.
What is GFCI and does the client need it?
AGFCI is a type of electrical outlet which is an abbreviation for ground fault circuit interrupter. Its purpose is to protect people from electrical shock. It will trip the circuit and cut off electricity if there is any imbalance in the amount of current flowing, such as an improperly working appliance, or water near electricity. The GFCI is absolutely needed and you only require one in the kitchen or bathroom; the rest of the outlets in those rooms would be covered by a single GFCI outlet.
What are the latest trends today?
We are seeing a trend toward ultra sleek contemporary wood kitchens, as well as traditionally styled, perhaps with Old World details. Beautiful woods such as rich Cherry, and exotic woods like Teak, Wenge, and Rosewood – as well as painted and hand glazed finishes and techniques - are very popular.
If a client wants to sell their home, is it beneficial to choose a latest trend or should a consumer choose a traditional style?
When a client mentions that they are renovating their home for resale I always advise them to go with a neutral style and finish for their cabinetry - make it beautiful but not too extreme. Select midrange granite for the countertops and appropriate appliances – you do not need to invest in top of the line for resale. Keep the look transitional so prospective buyers can personalize their style by accessorizing in a more contemporary or traditional feel if that’s where their taste takes them. Many clients come back and tell me that the kitchen or bath I designed for them sold their home! What a nice feeling that is...
Powered by eDirectory™