- Around Town
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Ask The Expert - Avra Karak
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- Best Bet - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- Best Bet - Carlo's Bakery
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Clothing & Style Consulting
- Best Bet - Staten Island Fencing Center
- Gift Guide - Seasonal World
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- The Triple Crown
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick: Marlboro Dental Arts, PC
- The Home Gallery - Ralco Builders
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- Our Picks
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- Company Profile - Gianna’s Italian Restaurant
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Ken Davis
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- People On The Move - Tali Axelrod
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brazen Bras Boutique
- Company Profile - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- The Guide 2014 - Reproductive Science Center of NJ
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home - JGS Insurance
Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
Colts Neck Chiropractic Center
420 Route 34, Suite 331 (next to Buy-Rite Liquor)
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
As a former director of Healthquest, in Brooklyn,NY,which incorporated chiropractic care, neurology, orthopedics, physical therapy and acupuncture together, John Panicali, D.C. has over 25 years experience working first hand with other healthcare professionals to provide the patient with the best possible treatment options.
At Colts Neck Chiropractic Center, he has incorporated the knowledge acquired throughout those years to provide the best, most state-of-art healthcare available, and to measure success one patient at a time.
For readers who have never visited a chiropractor, could you share a bit about your specialty?
Over the past 25 years I have seen chiropractic care provide miraculous results for patients suffering from acute (new) and chronic (old) conditions. Chiropractic care is safe and natural and has helped millions of patients throughout the world.
The reason that chiropractic care works so well is that it simply helps your body to function at its full potential; it allows your body to heal itself.
Chiropractic care helps to restore communication between the brain and the body. The spinal column is made up of 24 movable bones called vertebrae. A misalignment of one or more vertebrae can interfere with the messages being transmitted between the brain and the body resulting in muscle spasm, pain and a general feeling of fatigue.
By restoring motion to misaligned vertebrae, either by hand or instrument, communication is restored, allowing your body to naturally heal itself.
As far as back/spinal pain – which many of us may suffer from - when is it treated by a chiropractor as opposed to, let's say, an orthopedic surgeon?
As the general population is becoming more aware of the benefits of chiropractic care for headaches, neck/back pain, and arm and leg pain, chiropractic doctors are often being consulted first right at the onset of pain.
Most orthopedists recognize the benefits of chiropractic care and often refer to chiropractors for conservative care before considering surgery. I have been fortunate over the years to have had a great referral relationship with orthopedic surgeons, whereby the patient's best interest was always the top priority.
Chiropractors are much more dynamic today than years ago when our parents would seek treatment. Can you share what the specialty means to a patient in "today’s times"?
My father went to a chiropractor for lower back pain when I was a young boy. I remember him coming home and sharing his animated experience about the treatment called "an adjustment" and how he would arrive in pain and walk out feeling great. From that day forward I knew I wanted to dedicate my life to helping patients regain health naturally through chiropractic care.
Although the adjustment remains the cornerstone to the success of chiropractic care, my office provides many complimentary services that aid in a more rapid and complete recovery.
To start, I offer two methods of joint manipulation, one by hand and the other by instrument. Instrument manipulation has gained popularity amongst patients who want the benefit that chiropractic care offers, without the popping or cracking sound experienced from hand manipulation.
In addition to joint manipulation, active release technique helps to restore muscle function by reducing painful trigger points and muscle spasm, allowing a patient to get back to the things they enjoy much quicker. Therapeutic ultrasound and electrical muscle stimulation also aid in reducing muscle tightness and increasing flexibility. Flexion distraction is a gentle stretching technique to reduce the pressure on the discs of the lower back, helping to alleviate radiating leg pain.
Nutrition and in-office as well as home exercises help to support muscle strength, reducing the odds of a future reoccurrence. In summary, the human body has not changed but the demands placed upon it have.A treatment program must be designed to meet those demands and get a patient back in the game.
Are chiropractors mainly used when acute pain or issues occur? Or is there a benefit to regular visits?
Most people who have experienced severe pain will tell you that they would do anything to avoid ever feeling like that again. A large percentage of my patients return for monthly care whether they are in pain or not to maintain good health.
The human body is a very unique machine. It has the ability to mask a problem for months and sometimes years until it can no longer compensate and symptoms appear. Spinal misalignments can occur from an accident or fall, a sporting activity, poor posture, and/or sleeping in a twisted position. But you may not feel pain for quite sometime. Periodic adjustments help to restore motion to misaligned segments before symptoms appear, avoiding unnecessary pain and suffering.
To quote the old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Powered by eDirectory™