- Around Town
- Resources Real Estate Receives Nominations For Excellence
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Luis Pereira of Stone World
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Capelli's Nursery
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- Cover Story
- Brittany Eyres - On the Track to Success
- Dave Scotti - Originality Is The Name of The Game
- Breaking News - Brian Thompson
- Staten Island EatBeat - Campania Coal Fired Pizza
- Eat Beat - Angelinas Ristorante
- Eats: Mangia Mangia
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- Best Bet - Lure Lash of Metuchen
- The Guide 2014 - ClockWorks Development Group
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- Health Blog - Tom Walsh, Owner European Wax Center Shrewsbury
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Jonathan Salon
- HWB 2015 - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Our Pick - Riverview Medical Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- It's All in the Details
- Impeccable Style
- Newsletter Articles
- Lynn's Speech Therapy Center
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- The Home - Agostino Antiques Gallery
- Our Picks
- New Multi-Disciplinary Cancer Clinic at Bayshore Community Hospital
- HWB 2014 - Victory Medical Associates
- Our Pick - Richmond Chandelier
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Dorothee Volpini de Maestri-Gerberding
- Kids On The Move: Danielle DElia
- People On The Move - Sal Guastella
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Vovo Clinic
- 2016 Guide - Pelican Shops
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- The Home Guide
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- The Home Guide - Rodmans Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
Colts Neck Chiropractic Center
420 Route 34, Suite 331 (next to Buy-Rite Liquor)
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
As a former director of Healthquest, in Brooklyn,NY,which incorporated chiropractic care, neurology, orthopedics, physical therapy and acupuncture together, John Panicali, D.C. has over 25 years experience working first hand with other healthcare professionals to provide the patient with the best possible treatment options.
At Colts Neck Chiropractic Center, he has incorporated the knowledge acquired throughout those years to provide the best, most state-of-art healthcare available, and to measure success one patient at a time.
For readers who have never visited a chiropractor, could you share a bit about your specialty?
Over the past 25 years I have seen chiropractic care provide miraculous results for patients suffering from acute (new) and chronic (old) conditions. Chiropractic care is safe and natural and has helped millions of patients throughout the world.
The reason that chiropractic care works so well is that it simply helps your body to function at its full potential; it allows your body to heal itself.
Chiropractic care helps to restore communication between the brain and the body. The spinal column is made up of 24 movable bones called vertebrae. A misalignment of one or more vertebrae can interfere with the messages being transmitted between the brain and the body resulting in muscle spasm, pain and a general feeling of fatigue.
By restoring motion to misaligned vertebrae, either by hand or instrument, communication is restored, allowing your body to naturally heal itself.
As far as back/spinal pain which many of us may suffer from - when is it treated by a chiropractor as opposed to, let's say, an orthopedic surgeon?
As the general population is becoming more aware of the benefits of chiropractic care for headaches, neck/back pain, and arm and leg pain, chiropractic doctors are often being consulted first right at the onset of pain.
Most orthopedists recognize the benefits of chiropractic care and often refer to chiropractors for conservative care before considering surgery. I have been fortunate over the years to have had a great referral relationship with orthopedic surgeons, whereby the patient's best interest was always the top priority.
Chiropractors are much more dynamic today than years ago when our parents would seek treatment. Can you share what the specialty means to a patient in "todays times"?
My father went to a chiropractor for lower back pain when I was a young boy. I remember him coming home and sharing his animated experience about the treatment called "an adjustment" and how he would arrive in pain and walk out feeling great. From that day forward I knew I wanted to dedicate my life to helping patients regain health naturally through chiropractic care.
Although the adjustment remains the cornerstone to the success of chiropractic care, my office provides many complimentary services that aid in a more rapid and complete recovery.
To start, I offer two methods of joint manipulation, one by hand and the other by instrument. Instrument manipulation has gained popularity amongst patients who want the benefit that chiropractic care offers, without the popping or cracking sound experienced from hand manipulation.
In addition to joint manipulation, active release technique helps to restore muscle function by reducing painful trigger points and muscle spasm, allowing a patient to get back to the things they enjoy much quicker. Therapeutic ultrasound and electrical muscle stimulation also aid in reducing muscle tightness and increasing flexibility. Flexion distraction is a gentle stretching technique to reduce the pressure on the discs of the lower back, helping to alleviate radiating leg pain.
Nutrition and in-office as well as home exercises help to support muscle strength, reducing the odds of a future reoccurrence. In summary, the human body has not changed but the demands placed upon it have.A treatment program must be designed to meet those demands and get a patient back in the game.
Are chiropractors mainly used when acute pain or issues occur? Or is there a benefit to regular visits?
Most people who have experienced severe pain will tell you that they would do anything to avoid ever feeling like that again. A large percentage of my patients return for monthly care whether they are in pain or not to maintain good health.
The human body is a very unique machine. It has the ability to mask a problem for months and sometimes years until it can no longer compensate and symptoms appear. Spinal misalignments can occur from an accident or fall, a sporting activity, poor posture, and/or sleeping in a twisted position. But you may not feel pain for quite sometime. Periodic adjustments help to restore motion to misaligned segments before symptoms appear, avoiding unnecessary pain and suffering.
To quote the old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Powered by eDirectory™