- Around Town
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Avra Karak
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - B and A Jewelers
- The Guide 2014 - Male Ego Barber Spa
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Cover Story
- A Commanding Presence
- The Art of Fencing with Thomas Hearne
- John Green - ABC News Award-Winning Producer
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Wegmans Food Market
- The Guide 2014 - Maserati of Central New Jersey
- Gift Guide: JMH Home Design Consultants
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Hammer House
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Health - Radiology
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- Shore & Sweet - Barbara and Bill Duffy
- Living In History - Sgroi
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- La Bella Vita!
- Newsletter Articles
- Federal Hall: A Historic Wonder
- The Home Gallery - CMS Construction Group
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - A Perfect Gift by Marilyn
- Our Pick - Premier Pediatric Care
- Our Pick - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jackie Mercandetti
- People on the Move: Brian Nelson
- People On The Move - Cecil Lear
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Avanti Day Resort
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- The Guide 2014 - Cortez Cigars
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- The Home Guide - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
Colts Neck Chiropractic Center
420 Route 34, Suite 331 (next to Buy-Rite Liquor)
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
As a former director of Healthquest, in Brooklyn,NY,which incorporated chiropractic care, neurology, orthopedics, physical therapy and acupuncture together, John Panicali, D.C. has over 25 years experience working first hand with other healthcare professionals to provide the patient with the best possible treatment options.
At Colts Neck Chiropractic Center, he has incorporated the knowledge acquired throughout those years to provide the best, most state-of-art healthcare available, and to measure success one patient at a time.
For readers who have never visited a chiropractor, could you share a bit about your specialty?
Over the past 25 years I have seen chiropractic care provide miraculous results for patients suffering from acute (new) and chronic (old) conditions. Chiropractic care is safe and natural and has helped millions of patients throughout the world.
The reason that chiropractic care works so well is that it simply helps your body to function at its full potential; it allows your body to heal itself.
Chiropractic care helps to restore communication between the brain and the body. The spinal column is made up of 24 movable bones called vertebrae. A misalignment of one or more vertebrae can interfere with the messages being transmitted between the brain and the body resulting in muscle spasm, pain and a general feeling of fatigue.
By restoring motion to misaligned vertebrae, either by hand or instrument, communication is restored, allowing your body to naturally heal itself.
As far as back/spinal pain – which many of us may suffer from - when is it treated by a chiropractor as opposed to, let's say, an orthopedic surgeon?
As the general population is becoming more aware of the benefits of chiropractic care for headaches, neck/back pain, and arm and leg pain, chiropractic doctors are often being consulted first right at the onset of pain.
Most orthopedists recognize the benefits of chiropractic care and often refer to chiropractors for conservative care before considering surgery. I have been fortunate over the years to have had a great referral relationship with orthopedic surgeons, whereby the patient's best interest was always the top priority.
Chiropractors are much more dynamic today than years ago when our parents would seek treatment. Can you share what the specialty means to a patient in "today’s times"?
My father went to a chiropractor for lower back pain when I was a young boy. I remember him coming home and sharing his animated experience about the treatment called "an adjustment" and how he would arrive in pain and walk out feeling great. From that day forward I knew I wanted to dedicate my life to helping patients regain health naturally through chiropractic care.
Although the adjustment remains the cornerstone to the success of chiropractic care, my office provides many complimentary services that aid in a more rapid and complete recovery.
To start, I offer two methods of joint manipulation, one by hand and the other by instrument. Instrument manipulation has gained popularity amongst patients who want the benefit that chiropractic care offers, without the popping or cracking sound experienced from hand manipulation.
In addition to joint manipulation, active release technique helps to restore muscle function by reducing painful trigger points and muscle spasm, allowing a patient to get back to the things they enjoy much quicker. Therapeutic ultrasound and electrical muscle stimulation also aid in reducing muscle tightness and increasing flexibility. Flexion distraction is a gentle stretching technique to reduce the pressure on the discs of the lower back, helping to alleviate radiating leg pain.
Nutrition and in-office as well as home exercises help to support muscle strength, reducing the odds of a future reoccurrence. In summary, the human body has not changed but the demands placed upon it have.A treatment program must be designed to meet those demands and get a patient back in the game.
Are chiropractors mainly used when acute pain or issues occur? Or is there a benefit to regular visits?
Most people who have experienced severe pain will tell you that they would do anything to avoid ever feeling like that again. A large percentage of my patients return for monthly care whether they are in pain or not to maintain good health.
The human body is a very unique machine. It has the ability to mask a problem for months and sometimes years until it can no longer compensate and symptoms appear. Spinal misalignments can occur from an accident or fall, a sporting activity, poor posture, and/or sleeping in a twisted position. But you may not feel pain for quite sometime. Periodic adjustments help to restore motion to misaligned segments before symptoms appear, avoiding unnecessary pain and suffering.
To quote the old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Powered by eDirectory™