- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Ask The Expert - Vincent Hager
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Quality Healthcare & Wellness Center
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- Best Bet - Trademart Interiors
- Cover Story
- Colts Neck's Jacquie Lee
- Woman on a Mission, Senator Ellen Karcher: Wife, Mother and Senator of NJ
- John Green - ABC News Award-Winning Producer
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Medieval Times
- Eat Beat - Puglia of Red Bank
- Staten Island EatBeat - Marioís Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Tee Time Golf
- Gift Guide: Marlboro Tennis & Training Center
- Gift Guide - Gaetanoís Restaurant
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Mancini Giuffre Salon and Spa
- Health Blog - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Associated Pain Specialists
- Health 2014 - Creating Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Home at Last
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Weigh In - What is the worst gift you ever received?
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Community Appliance
- Our Pick - Carrie Gold Events
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Ada Unachukwu
- People On The Move - Ray Andersen
- People on the Move: Max Fried
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Company Profile -Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- 2016 Guide - Joe Leoneís Italian Specialties
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
Pelican Pool & Ski Center
East Brunswick, NJ 08888
Tel: (732) 254-5115
Pelican is the largest spa, pool, patio and grill dealer on the east coast. Family owned and operated, Pelican started small in rural Whitehouse in 1960. Through hard work and great service, the business grew. The original Pelican in Whitehouse, NJ is more than 30,000 square feet. Three generations of family members managing he five New Jersey/Pennsylvania locations strive to keep low prices, high quality and fast delivery.
People have regained hot tub consciousness for their back yards, decks/patios and even inside the home. Why the popularity of hot tubs?
Well, that might be a sign of the stressful times. Warm water massage has been shown to stimulate the body to release endorphins that help to naturally reduce a personís stress. A hot tubís hydrotherapy jets can dilate your bodyís blood vessels, which increases blood flow and helps loosen and relax sore muscles and joints. The National Sleep Foundation states that soaking in hot water before going to bed can ease the transition into sleep and encourage a deeper sleep.
Hot tubs used to be considered only for high-income families. Is that still the case?
There are now hot tubs on the market for all income levels. The hot tub market has actually been competing against some segments of the in-ground and above ground pool market. In our area of the country, most people are lucky if they get five months of enjoyment from their pool. A hot tub can be enjoyed all year long. We have had customers originally in the market for a small in-ground pool, who ended up buying a swim-spa instead. Swim-spas have powerful jets that create a strong current for swimmers to swim against, they are larger than your traditional hot tub, and like all hot tubs they offer the possibility for year-round enjoyment.
Once you have a hot tub installed, is it necessary to hire someone to maintain it?
While we do offer the service, it is not something many people require. Most hot tubs are less than 500 gallons of water, so keeping the water clean isnít very difficult. Some brands of hot tubs offer features that reduce the amount of maintenance required to keep the water clean, such as ďsalt water tubs.Ē The concept is that by adding salt to the water the hot tub has the ability to use that salt to create either chlorine or bromine (most commonly used sanitizers) to maintain a clean and sanitary hot tub.
There are so many different manufacturers, models, sizes, options. Can you explain how to narrow your search when considering what to buy?
First and foremost, consumers should make sure they are buying from a reputable dealer with a long history in selling hot tubs and one that has service technicians on staff. Hot tubs are big appliances and from time to time they will need to be serviced. As far as options, I would say look to reduce the amount of time spent maintaining the hot tub, with features like the salt systems mentioned above. LED lighting and stereo systems can definitely add enjoyment to the hot tub experience.
What are some areas of concern to ensure your hot tub is child-safe?
Even though the hot tub isnít as deep as a pool, proper supervision of children in and around the tub is a must! The spa cover should have locking straps that will enable the user to lock the cover closed when not in use. The homeowner will want to make sure the electrical connection to the tub is done by a licensed professional, that all the proper permits are acquired and local codes are met.
Powered by eDirectory™