- Around Town
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- Oceanfront Restaurants New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Jim ONeill - Event Sales Director
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Bain's Outdoor Living
- The Guide 2015 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- 2016 Guide - Vito Mazza Salon
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Its Greek to Me
- Eats: Tuscany Italian Specialty Food
- Monmouth EatBeat - Beach Tavern Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Neighborhood Lit
- Best Bet - Aquaspa Day Spa & Nail Boutique
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Company Profile - Vascular & Interventional Specialists, PC
- South Shore Animal Hospital
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- Out of the Park - Masucci
- New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Cabitron - Design Trends
- Our Pick - Sal ScialloState Farm
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Our Pick: Golf Greens Fore U
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tali Axelrod
- People on the Move: Rabbi Shira Stern
- People On The Move: Lin Fong-O'Neill
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- Our Pick - CareOne
- The Guide 2015 - Daszkowski, Tompkins, Weg & Carbonella CPA PC
- 2016 Guide - Pinot's Palette
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons Sunrooms
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
Pelican Pool & Ski Center
East Brunswick, NJ 08888
Tel: (732) 254-5115
Pelican is the largest spa, pool, patio and grill dealer on the east coast. Family owned and operated, Pelican started small in rural Whitehouse in 1960. Through hard work and great service, the business grew. The original Pelican in Whitehouse, NJ is more than 30,000 square feet. Three generations of family members managing he five New Jersey/Pennsylvania locations strive to keep low prices, high quality and fast delivery.
People have regained hot tub consciousness for their back yards, decks/patios and even inside the home. Why the popularity of hot tubs?
Well, that might be a sign of the stressful times. Warm water massage has been shown to stimulate the body to release endorphins that help to naturally reduce a persons stress. A hot tubs hydrotherapy jets can dilate your bodys blood vessels, which increases blood flow and helps loosen and relax sore muscles and joints. The National Sleep Foundation states that soaking in hot water before going to bed can ease the transition into sleep and encourage a deeper sleep.
Hot tubs used to be considered only for high-income families. Is that still the case?
There are now hot tubs on the market for all income levels. The hot tub market has actually been competing against some segments of the in-ground and above ground pool market. In our area of the country, most people are lucky if they get five months of enjoyment from their pool. A hot tub can be enjoyed all year long. We have had customers originally in the market for a small in-ground pool, who ended up buying a swim-spa instead. Swim-spas have powerful jets that create a strong current for swimmers to swim against, they are larger than your traditional hot tub, and like all hot tubs they offer the possibility for year-round enjoyment.
Once you have a hot tub installed, is it necessary to hire someone to maintain it?
While we do offer the service, it is not something many people require. Most hot tubs are less than 500 gallons of water, so keeping the water clean isnt very difficult. Some brands of hot tubs offer features that reduce the amount of maintenance required to keep the water clean, such as salt water tubs. The concept is that by adding salt to the water the hot tub has the ability to use that salt to create either chlorine or bromine (most commonly used sanitizers) to maintain a clean and sanitary hot tub.
There are so many different manufacturers, models, sizes, options. Can you explain how to narrow your search when considering what to buy?
First and foremost, consumers should make sure they are buying from a reputable dealer with a long history in selling hot tubs and one that has service technicians on staff. Hot tubs are big appliances and from time to time they will need to be serviced. As far as options, I would say look to reduce the amount of time spent maintaining the hot tub, with features like the salt systems mentioned above. LED lighting and stereo systems can definitely add enjoyment to the hot tub experience.
What are some areas of concern to ensure your hot tub is child-safe?
Even though the hot tub isnt as deep as a pool, proper supervision of children in and around the tub is a must! The spa cover should have locking straps that will enable the user to lock the cover closed when not in use. The homeowner will want to make sure the electrical connection to the tub is done by a licensed professional, that all the proper permits are acquired and local codes are met.
Powered by eDirectory™