- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Resources Real Estate announces their Award-winning Sales Agents
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - David Finkel
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Bain's Outdoor Living
- The Guide 2015 - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Staten Island EatBeat - Campania Coal Fired Pizza
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Gaetanos Restaurant
- The Guide 2015 - Richmond University Medical Center
- The Guide 2015 - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Blog - Lifestyles Medical
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2015 - Seaview Orthopaedic & Medical Associates
- Health 2014 - Your Smile Sends A Message
- Health - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Newsletter Articles
- Parker Family Health Center Named Beneficiary
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance - The Spa Experience
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Our Pick - The Manfredi Auto Group
- Our Pick: Monmouth Custom Builders
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Kari Mentonis
- Kids On The Move - Meredith Gallagher
- People On The Move - Kathy Poppe-Pullen
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Sandy Hook Yacht Sales
- The Guide 2015 - European Wax Center
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
Pelican Pool & Ski Center
East Brunswick, NJ 08888
Tel: (732) 254-5115
Pelican is the largest spa, pool, patio and grill dealer on the east coast. Family owned and operated, Pelican started small in rural Whitehouse in 1960. Through hard work and great service, the business grew. The original Pelican in Whitehouse, NJ is more than 30,000 square feet. Three generations of family members managing he five New Jersey/Pennsylvania locations strive to keep low prices, high quality and fast delivery.
People have regained hot tub consciousness for their back yards, decks/patios and even inside the home. Why the popularity of hot tubs?
Well, that might be a sign of the stressful times. Warm water massage has been shown to stimulate the body to release endorphins that help to naturally reduce a persons stress. A hot tubs hydrotherapy jets can dilate your bodys blood vessels, which increases blood flow and helps loosen and relax sore muscles and joints. The National Sleep Foundation states that soaking in hot water before going to bed can ease the transition into sleep and encourage a deeper sleep.
Hot tubs used to be considered only for high-income families. Is that still the case?
There are now hot tubs on the market for all income levels. The hot tub market has actually been competing against some segments of the in-ground and above ground pool market. In our area of the country, most people are lucky if they get five months of enjoyment from their pool. A hot tub can be enjoyed all year long. We have had customers originally in the market for a small in-ground pool, who ended up buying a swim-spa instead. Swim-spas have powerful jets that create a strong current for swimmers to swim against, they are larger than your traditional hot tub, and like all hot tubs they offer the possibility for year-round enjoyment.
Once you have a hot tub installed, is it necessary to hire someone to maintain it?
While we do offer the service, it is not something many people require. Most hot tubs are less than 500 gallons of water, so keeping the water clean isnt very difficult. Some brands of hot tubs offer features that reduce the amount of maintenance required to keep the water clean, such as salt water tubs. The concept is that by adding salt to the water the hot tub has the ability to use that salt to create either chlorine or bromine (most commonly used sanitizers) to maintain a clean and sanitary hot tub.
There are so many different manufacturers, models, sizes, options. Can you explain how to narrow your search when considering what to buy?
First and foremost, consumers should make sure they are buying from a reputable dealer with a long history in selling hot tubs and one that has service technicians on staff. Hot tubs are big appliances and from time to time they will need to be serviced. As far as options, I would say look to reduce the amount of time spent maintaining the hot tub, with features like the salt systems mentioned above. LED lighting and stereo systems can definitely add enjoyment to the hot tub experience.
What are some areas of concern to ensure your hot tub is child-safe?
Even though the hot tub isnt as deep as a pool, proper supervision of children in and around the tub is a must! The spa cover should have locking straps that will enable the user to lock the cover closed when not in use. The homeowner will want to make sure the electrical connection to the tub is done by a licensed professional, that all the proper permits are acquired and local codes are met.
Powered by eDirectory™