- Around Town
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert - David Finkel
- Ask The Expert - Luis Pereira of Stone World
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- 2016 Guide - Tuscany Italian Specialty Foods
- Best Bet - Gerald Peter's Gold Mine
- Cover Story
- Mike Petke - New York Red Bulls Head Coach
- Mary Higgins Clark
- The Ultimate Fighter: Renzo Gracie
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Day Tripper - Snug Harbor
- Day Tripper - South Street Seaport NYC
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Sam Vera Restaurant
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2016 - Gerald Peters Jewelers
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- Gift Guide - ACS Home Theater
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - Michael Mortensen, Visage Hair Studio NYC
- HWB 2016 - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- AMI Providing Free Screening Mammograms
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Elegant Transformation - The Rinaldi's
- Easy Living On A Grand Scale - Alyson and Keith Arnott
- Mediterranean Splendor with International Flair
- Newsletter Articles
- Bentley Edison Vehicle Storage Special
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Compounding Facility
- Health - Test Sports Clubs
- Company Profile - TCLA Enrichment Center
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
- Kids On The Move - Michael and Ally Baratta,and Sally Carden
- People On The Move - Kathy Poppe-Pullen
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Company Profile - School Answers
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- The Guide 2015 - Ama Ristorante at Driftwood
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
Pelican Pool & Ski Center
East Brunswick, NJ 08888
Tel: (732) 254-5115
Pelican is the largest spa, pool, patio and grill dealer on the east coast. Family owned and operated, Pelican started small in rural Whitehouse in 1960. Through hard work and great service, the business grew. The original Pelican in Whitehouse, NJ is more than 30,000 square feet. Three generations of family members managing he five New Jersey/Pennsylvania locations strive to keep low prices, high quality and fast delivery.
People have regained hot tub consciousness for their back yards, decks/patios and even inside the home. Why the popularity of hot tubs?
Well, that might be a sign of the stressful times. Warm water massage has been shown to stimulate the body to release endorphins that help to naturally reduce a persons stress. A hot tubs hydrotherapy jets can dilate your bodys blood vessels, which increases blood flow and helps loosen and relax sore muscles and joints. The National Sleep Foundation states that soaking in hot water before going to bed can ease the transition into sleep and encourage a deeper sleep.
Hot tubs used to be considered only for high-income families. Is that still the case?
There are now hot tubs on the market for all income levels. The hot tub market has actually been competing against some segments of the in-ground and above ground pool market. In our area of the country, most people are lucky if they get five months of enjoyment from their pool. A hot tub can be enjoyed all year long. We have had customers originally in the market for a small in-ground pool, who ended up buying a swim-spa instead. Swim-spas have powerful jets that create a strong current for swimmers to swim against, they are larger than your traditional hot tub, and like all hot tubs they offer the possibility for year-round enjoyment.
Once you have a hot tub installed, is it necessary to hire someone to maintain it?
While we do offer the service, it is not something many people require. Most hot tubs are less than 500 gallons of water, so keeping the water clean isnt very difficult. Some brands of hot tubs offer features that reduce the amount of maintenance required to keep the water clean, such as salt water tubs. The concept is that by adding salt to the water the hot tub has the ability to use that salt to create either chlorine or bromine (most commonly used sanitizers) to maintain a clean and sanitary hot tub.
There are so many different manufacturers, models, sizes, options. Can you explain how to narrow your search when considering what to buy?
First and foremost, consumers should make sure they are buying from a reputable dealer with a long history in selling hot tubs and one that has service technicians on staff. Hot tubs are big appliances and from time to time they will need to be serviced. As far as options, I would say look to reduce the amount of time spent maintaining the hot tub, with features like the salt systems mentioned above. LED lighting and stereo systems can definitely add enjoyment to the hot tub experience.
What are some areas of concern to ensure your hot tub is child-safe?
Even though the hot tub isnt as deep as a pool, proper supervision of children in and around the tub is a must! The spa cover should have locking straps that will enable the user to lock the cover closed when not in use. The homeowner will want to make sure the electrical connection to the tub is done by a licensed professional, that all the proper permits are acquired and local codes are met.
Powered by eDirectory™