- Around Town
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Artistic Tile
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Eats: Mangia Mangia
- Oceanfront Restaurant’s New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Lindabury McCormick
- The Guide 2015 - Staten Island Furrier
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Chandelier
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Toetique Foot Spa
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- Michael Hurst Named Managing Director of Two River Theater Company
- Caring Heart Coronary Imaging Gives Families Hope
- The Home - Select Technology Group
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Grape Beginnings
- Our Pick - Avanti Day Resort
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Christine Schultz
- People On The Move - Tracey Dell
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Fashion Classes of NJ
- The Guide 2015 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
8 Tindall Road
Middletown, NJ 07748
Rockwell Dentistry provides all of the services you would expect from a full service dental practice in one office. Alexander Rockwell, D.M.D., and Dawn Rockwell, D.M.D. are experienced dentists who take pride in providing gentle and affordable care to their patients in a friendly environment.They provide everything from cosmetic, general, and emergency dentistry to surgery and periodontal care. They do it all, and they do it painlessly! Dr.Alex Rockwell is a second generation dentist and a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University College of Dental Medicine. There, he was trained in the latest cosmetic, surgical, and restorative techniques. In addition, he was recognized with citations and awards for his research and skill in the dental field. Since graduation, he has given back to the community by volunteering in the Dental Clinic at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch.
What are the latest trends in cosmetic dentistry and what can we look forward to in the future?
The latest trends in cosmetic dentistry have to do more with treating patients ’ smiles as just a part of the whole aesthetics of the face.
As cosmetic dentists, we are trained and able to combine many skills, specialties and products to achieve the most complete, pleasing, and lasting aesthetic results for our patients. We have amazing new materials available to us which can restore your smile such as all porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, dental implants, and clear braces. A modern cosmetic dentist is called upon to bring in other specialty procedures for complete treatment. Cosmetic gum and bone recontouring surgery help those who have a “gummy” smile, short teeth, or sunken cheeks. These procedures help bring perfect symmetry and balance to these supporting structures. We are also using dermal fillers such as Restylane® and Juvederm® to recontour lips and areas around the mouth to frame that new smile or to accentuate your old one. Botox® is used to eliminate wrinkles and give the face a more rested and youthful look. Everything is geared toward achieving maximum dental and facial cosmetic result. . If you have decided to transform your smile, it is important to choose a highly trained and experienced cosmetic dentist. Many aesthetic dentistry treatments require not only technical skill but an artistic touch.
In the future, as soon as the American Dental Association (ADA) approves lasers for use in dentistry, we are hoping they will become a part of every practice, along with silent “drills” and painless injections.
What are the advantages to bonding teeth?
Bonding is a procedure to repair and/or change the color or shape of a tooth. A tooth-colored composite resin (similar to an enamel) is attached to the tooth surface, then sculpted into shape, hardened, and polished. When teeth are chipped or slightly decayed, bonded composite resins may be the material of choice.
People often say that they had bonding done, but it did not last long before it started to chip and discolor. Why does that happen and what are some other cosmetic options that patients have today?
Bonding is a porous material that, when seen under a microscope, actually looks like a sponge. This makes it susceptible to staining and breaking. Many times, a patient’s expectations for cosmetic changes in the mouth are too great for simple bonding. This is when porcelain laminate veneers may be used. Porcelain veneer laminates can change an entire smile. Porcelain veneers are quick, painless, and dramatic. Veneers can change shape, color, size, and arrangement of teeth or any combination of these factors. Porcelain veneers are often used as an alternative for orthodontic treatment. The best part about porcelain laminate veneers is that they can be placed in two visits and never stain.
Knowing that we are in a tough economy, if you were to guide our readers to a procedure to create a prettier smile, what would you recommend?
In some instances, simple reshaping (contouring) of the front teeth, even without anesthesia, may produce a dramatic result to correct jagged, chipped, or slightly uneven teeth. Ask your dentist about tooth recontouring, as this is often done for little or no cost, as a courtesy and as a practice builder tool.
Light-activated whitening performed in your dentist’s office, such as ZOOM, is another affordable cosmetic procedure. It can make your teeth up to eight shades lighter. It often takes several months of over-the-counter whitening strips to achieve similar results, so when you compare the cost, it is really not much more expensive to have your teeth whitened by a dental professional.
People often think that if you do not have dental insurance you can not afford quality dental. Is that a true perception?
Many people do not seek regular dental care because they do not have dental insurance coverage or the budget to pay for complex dental procedures. If you're in this situation, don't worry; there are many resources available that can help you to receive affordable dental care. Modern dentistry offers many treatment options which are more affordable than people realize. Your first step should be to consult with your dentist and ask if a monthly payment schedule can be worked out. If a dental office participates with programs such as Care Credit, then, in most cases, patients can be set up with longterm and interest- free financing.
Powered by eDirectory™