- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - The Rug Mall
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - World Jeep Subaru
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- Gift Guide - Artisan Studio
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- Health - Glenn Kolansky, M.D.
- Health - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Feels Like Home
- La Bella Vita!
- Newsletter Articles
- Lynn's Speech Therapy Center
- Caring Heart Coronary Imaging Gives Families Hope
- The Home - Vizzini & Company
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Open MRI and Diagnostic Imaging of Wall
- Our Pick - Circle Infiniti
- Our Pick - Community Appliance
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Ada Unachukwu
- People On The Move - Peter Priolo
- People On The Move: Sue Princitto
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Sleep Shoppe
- The Guide 2013 - Sunkissed Airbrush Tanning
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Richmond Tile & Bath
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
8 Tindall Road
Middletown, NJ 07748
Rockwell Dentistry provides all of the services you would expect from a full service dental practice in one office. Alexander Rockwell, D.M.D., and Dawn Rockwell, D.M.D. are experienced dentists who take pride in providing gentle and affordable care to their patients in a friendly environment.They provide everything from cosmetic, general, and emergency dentistry to surgery and periodontal care. They do it all, and they do it painlessly! Dr.Alex Rockwell is a second generation dentist and a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University College of Dental Medicine. There, he was trained in the latest cosmetic, surgical, and restorative techniques. In addition, he was recognized with citations and awards for his research and skill in the dental field. Since graduation, he has given back to the community by volunteering in the Dental Clinic at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch.
What are the latest trends in cosmetic dentistry and what can we look forward to in the future?
The latest trends in cosmetic dentistry have to do more with treating patients ’ smiles as just a part of the whole aesthetics of the face.
As cosmetic dentists, we are trained and able to combine many skills, specialties and products to achieve the most complete, pleasing, and lasting aesthetic results for our patients. We have amazing new materials available to us which can restore your smile such as all porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, dental implants, and clear braces. A modern cosmetic dentist is called upon to bring in other specialty procedures for complete treatment. Cosmetic gum and bone recontouring surgery help those who have a “gummy” smile, short teeth, or sunken cheeks. These procedures help bring perfect symmetry and balance to these supporting structures. We are also using dermal fillers such as Restylane® and Juvederm® to recontour lips and areas around the mouth to frame that new smile or to accentuate your old one. Botox® is used to eliminate wrinkles and give the face a more rested and youthful look. Everything is geared toward achieving maximum dental and facial cosmetic result. . If you have decided to transform your smile, it is important to choose a highly trained and experienced cosmetic dentist. Many aesthetic dentistry treatments require not only technical skill but an artistic touch.
In the future, as soon as the American Dental Association (ADA) approves lasers for use in dentistry, we are hoping they will become a part of every practice, along with silent “drills” and painless injections.
What are the advantages to bonding teeth?
Bonding is a procedure to repair and/or change the color or shape of a tooth. A tooth-colored composite resin (similar to an enamel) is attached to the tooth surface, then sculpted into shape, hardened, and polished. When teeth are chipped or slightly decayed, bonded composite resins may be the material of choice.
People often say that they had bonding done, but it did not last long before it started to chip and discolor. Why does that happen and what are some other cosmetic options that patients have today?
Bonding is a porous material that, when seen under a microscope, actually looks like a sponge. This makes it susceptible to staining and breaking. Many times, a patient’s expectations for cosmetic changes in the mouth are too great for simple bonding. This is when porcelain laminate veneers may be used. Porcelain veneer laminates can change an entire smile. Porcelain veneers are quick, painless, and dramatic. Veneers can change shape, color, size, and arrangement of teeth or any combination of these factors. Porcelain veneers are often used as an alternative for orthodontic treatment. The best part about porcelain laminate veneers is that they can be placed in two visits and never stain.
Knowing that we are in a tough economy, if you were to guide our readers to a procedure to create a prettier smile, what would you recommend?
In some instances, simple reshaping (contouring) of the front teeth, even without anesthesia, may produce a dramatic result to correct jagged, chipped, or slightly uneven teeth. Ask your dentist about tooth recontouring, as this is often done for little or no cost, as a courtesy and as a practice builder tool.
Light-activated whitening performed in your dentist’s office, such as ZOOM, is another affordable cosmetic procedure. It can make your teeth up to eight shades lighter. It often takes several months of over-the-counter whitening strips to achieve similar results, so when you compare the cost, it is really not much more expensive to have your teeth whitened by a dental professional.
People often think that if you do not have dental insurance you can not afford quality dental. Is that a true perception?
Many people do not seek regular dental care because they do not have dental insurance coverage or the budget to pay for complex dental procedures. If you're in this situation, don't worry; there are many resources available that can help you to receive affordable dental care. Modern dentistry offers many treatment options which are more affordable than people realize. Your first step should be to consult with your dentist and ask if a monthly payment schedule can be worked out. If a dental office participates with programs such as Care Credit, then, in most cases, patients can be set up with longterm and interest- free financing.
Powered by eDirectory™