- Around Town
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Oasis Backyard Garden
- Best Bet - The Healthy Palate
- Best Bet - John M. Young Jr., DDS
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Day Tripper - Lakota Wolf Preserve
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - East Coast Fitness Store
- Health - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health - Radiology
- A Combination of Relaxed Elegance
- The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- A Seductive Re-Imaging - The Keeleys
- The Home - Red Bank FrameWorks
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Crystal Point
- Company Profile - American Antiques Company
- Builders Architectural Millwork, Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Ester Kluge
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- Kids On The Move: Shannon Bauer
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Sunkissed Airbrush Tanning
- The Guide 2014 - Coastal Plumbing Supply Co.
- Company Profile - The Hart Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of organs and structures inside the body.
During pregnancy, doctors use ultrasound to examine the fetus and mother. Unlike x-rays, ultrasound does not involve exposure to radiation. Ultrasounds also aid diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic issues.
OB/GYN Steven C. Goldberg, M.D., FACOG says that the on-site ultrasound at Bay Practices makes it very convenient for our obstetric and gynecologic patients. We are a certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and offer ultrasound procedures performed by a certified ultrasound technician right here at our office. Procedures can be scheduled conveniently for our patients. They know exactly where we are located, and the majority of patients receive their results right away. This is especially comforting for patients who may have pregnancy complications or a family history of ovarian cancer, adds Dr. Goldberg.
I read my patients results and report them to the patient during the same visit, says Dr. Goldberg. By the time a patient leaves our office, she has a potential diagnosis and a plan of action. Patients appreciate knowing their results immediately and being able to determine next steps in their plan of care.
During pregnancy, ultrasound can be used to:
Determine gestational age
Document the viability of the fetus
Confirm a visible heartbeat
Survey the anatomy of the fetus, measure its size and observe its growth
Confirm multiple pregnancies
Monitor the health of the fetus in later pregnancy
Check amniotic fluid levels, fetal movement and breathing
Screen for physical and chromosomal abnormalities such as birth defects
Investigate vaginal bleeding and concern for miscarriage
And of course, help answer the question that Dr. Goldberg says ninety-five percent of parents want to know, Is the baby a boy or a girl?
Gynecologic ultrasounds are used to:
Help diagnose pelvic or abdominal pain
Diagnose and examine ovarian cysts and fibroid tumors
Investigate irregular bleeding
Investigate heavy menstrual bleeding
Examine suspected pelvic or abdominal abnormality found on physical exam.
Powered by eDirectory™