- Around Town
- RBMC Foundation - Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort
- The Atlantic Fencing Academy Announces District Winners
- Relief News
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Harbor Lights Financial Group
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - ClosetTec
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Wine Academy Superstores
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Wine Concierge
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Hand & Stone
- Gift Guide - Thompson Center for Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Studio 455 Hair Salon
- Health - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- Health - The Dermatology Center
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Impeccable Style
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Clothing & Style Consulting
- Our Pick - Home Video Studio
- United Teletech Financial Federal Credit Union
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd
- People On The Move: Liz Leonardis
- People On The Move - Major Gregory Penczak
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- The Guide 2013 - Sea Spa & Salon
- The Guide 2013 - Terrazza Restaurant
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of organs and structures inside the body.
During pregnancy, doctors use ultrasound to examine the fetus and mother. Unlike x-rays, ultrasound does not involve exposure to radiation. Ultrasounds also aid diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic issues.
OB/GYN Steven C. Goldberg, M.D., FACOG says that the on-site ultrasound at Bay Practices makes it very convenient for our obstetric and gynecologic patients. We are a certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and offer ultrasound procedures performed by a certified ultrasound technician right here at our office. Procedures can be scheduled conveniently for our patients. They know exactly where we are located, and the majority of patients receive their results right away. This is especially comforting for patients who may have pregnancy complications or a family history of ovarian cancer, adds Dr. Goldberg.
I read my patients results and report them to the patient during the same visit, says Dr. Goldberg. By the time a patient leaves our office, she has a potential diagnosis and a plan of action. Patients appreciate knowing their results immediately and being able to determine next steps in their plan of care.
During pregnancy, ultrasound can be used to:
Determine gestational age
Document the viability of the fetus
Confirm a visible heartbeat
Survey the anatomy of the fetus, measure its size and observe its growth
Confirm multiple pregnancies
Monitor the health of the fetus in later pregnancy
Check amniotic fluid levels, fetal movement and breathing
Screen for physical and chromosomal abnormalities such as birth defects
Investigate vaginal bleeding and concern for miscarriage
And of course, help answer the question that Dr. Goldberg says ninety-five percent of parents want to know, Is the baby a boy or a girl?
Gynecologic ultrasounds are used to:
Help diagnose pelvic or abdominal pain
Diagnose and examine ovarian cysts and fibroid tumors
Investigate irregular bleeding
Investigate heavy menstrual bleeding
Examine suspected pelvic or abdominal abnormality found on physical exam.
Powered by eDirectory™