- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- Best Bet - Everafter Furniture
- Best Bet - Ember Fireplaces
- Cover Story
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- Red Bank's Mike Petke
- Talking Family and Football with NFL Network’s Melissa Stark
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond County Country Club
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2013 - INDULGE Lounge & Food Bar
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health - Chips Salon
- Health - Red Bank Gastroenterology Associates
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Baymar Farms
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite, Inc.
- Federal Hall: A Historic Wonder
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - A Perfect Gift by Marilyn
- Our Pick - Delicious Orchards
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Kaleigh Brendle
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Helping Our Youth Through The Hardest Times
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- The Guide 2014 - The Cracked Olive Market
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of organs and structures inside the body.
During pregnancy, doctors use ultrasound to examine the fetus and mother. Unlike x-rays, ultrasound does not involve exposure to radiation. Ultrasounds also aid diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic issues.
OB/GYN Steven C. Goldberg, M.D., FACOG says that the on-site ultrasound at Bay Practices “makes it very convenient for our obstetric and gynecologic patients. We are a certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and offer ultrasound procedures performed by a certified ultrasound technician right here at our office. Procedures can be scheduled conveniently for our patients. They know exactly where we are located, and the majority of patients receive their results right away.” This is especially comforting for patients who may have pregnancy complications or a family history of ovarian cancer, adds Dr. Goldberg.
“I read my patient’s results and report them to the patient during the same visit,” says Dr. Goldberg. “By the time a patient leaves our office, she has a potential diagnosis and a plan of action. Patients appreciate knowing their results immediately and being able to determine next steps in their plan of care.”
During pregnancy, ultrasound can be used to:
• Determine gestational age
• Document the viability of the fetus
• Confirm a visible heartbeat
• Survey the anatomy of the fetus, measure its size and observe its growth
• Confirm multiple pregnancies
• Monitor the health of the fetus in later pregnancy
• Check amniotic fluid levels, fetal movement and breathing
• Screen for physical and chromosomal abnormalities such as birth defects
• Investigate vaginal bleeding and concern for miscarriage
• And of course, help answer the question that Dr. Goldberg says ninety-five percent of parents want to know, “Is the baby a boy or a girl?”
Gynecologic ultrasounds are used to:
• Help diagnose pelvic or abdominal pain
• Diagnose and examine ovarian cysts and fibroid tumors
• Investigate irregular bleeding
• Investigate heavy menstrual bleeding
• Examine suspected pelvic or abdominal abnormality found on physical exam.
Powered by eDirectory™