- Around Town
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Rumson Country Day School Celebrates the Class of 2012
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Expert - Vincent Hager
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Cover Story
- Arts & Scientist - Ilya Raskin, Ph.D.
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- A Commanding Presence
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- ETC - Beach Bias
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - SMB Studio Arts Inc.
- Gift Guide: Affordable Garage Doors
- Gift Guide - Maserati of Central NJ
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Blog - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Looking Good, Staying Healthy!
- Health - Restorative Health Alliance
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Impeccable Style
- Cobble Close Farm
- Yellow Brook Farm - A Post and Beam Approach Leads a Path to Timeless Design
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Home at Last
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- Our Pick: Jaeger Lumber
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Healthy Way
- Our Pick - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jim Quirk
- People On The Move - John Nies
- People On The Move - Glenn Harbour
- Summer Guide
- Best Bet - Audi Eatontown
- Gateway National Park at Sandy Hook
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - It's Greek To Me
- 2016 Guide - Massage Envy Spa - Holmdel
- Company Profile - Saint Peters National Gianna Center for Womens Health & Fertility
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of organs and structures inside the body.
During pregnancy, doctors use ultrasound to examine the fetus and mother. Unlike x-rays, ultrasound does not involve exposure to radiation. Ultrasounds also aid diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic issues.
OB/GYN Steven C. Goldberg, M.D., FACOG says that the on-site ultrasound at Bay Practices makes it very convenient for our obstetric and gynecologic patients. We are a certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and offer ultrasound procedures performed by a certified ultrasound technician right here at our office. Procedures can be scheduled conveniently for our patients. They know exactly where we are located, and the majority of patients receive their results right away. This is especially comforting for patients who may have pregnancy complications or a family history of ovarian cancer, adds Dr. Goldberg.
I read my patients results and report them to the patient during the same visit, says Dr. Goldberg. By the time a patient leaves our office, she has a potential diagnosis and a plan of action. Patients appreciate knowing their results immediately and being able to determine next steps in their plan of care.
During pregnancy, ultrasound can be used to:
Determine gestational age
Document the viability of the fetus
Confirm a visible heartbeat
Survey the anatomy of the fetus, measure its size and observe its growth
Confirm multiple pregnancies
Monitor the health of the fetus in later pregnancy
Check amniotic fluid levels, fetal movement and breathing
Screen for physical and chromosomal abnormalities such as birth defects
Investigate vaginal bleeding and concern for miscarriage
And of course, help answer the question that Dr. Goldberg says ninety-five percent of parents want to know, Is the baby a boy or a girl?
Gynecologic ultrasounds are used to:
Help diagnose pelvic or abdominal pain
Diagnose and examine ovarian cysts and fibroid tumors
Investigate irregular bleeding
Investigate heavy menstrual bleeding
Examine suspected pelvic or abdominal abnormality found on physical exam.
Powered by eDirectory™