- Around Town
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Staten Island Mall
- The Guide 2014 - Colts Neck Inn
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Dr. Steven P. Stern D.M.D., P.A
- The Guide 2014 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Glenn Kolansky, M.D.
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Aroma Skin Care & Day Spa
- Newsletter Articles
- The View: The Bereznyaks
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- The Home - Penterman Kitchens
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Red Bank Gastroenterology
- Our Pick: Warshauer Electric
- Our Pick: Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jill McCracken
- Kids On The Move: John Blakeslee
- Kids On The Move - Lisa Zhang
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Pier Village
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- Company Profile - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
"Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.‘‘
Steven R. Berkman, M.D., FACOG, FACS is both an inspired and inspiring obstetrician/gynecologist. “I never had anything else in my mind other than to become a physician,” says Dr. Berkman. “I didn’t come from a family of physicians but this is just what I always knew I wanted to do. Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.”
“Patients put their faith in you, their trust,” says Dr. Berkman. “They tell you their most intimate details. You are delivering their babies. You are helping to guide their health through the post-menopausal stage as they go through an important life transition. My rapport with patients can be lifelong.”
Dr. Berkman, an Old Bridge resident, completed his medical education at Emory University, SUNY Downstate Medical Center and SUH-Kings County Hospital.
Always an educator, Dr. Berkman is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall University. He has also taught at HoHoKus School of Business and Medical Sciences and SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
“As a physician, I love sharing the knowledge I’ve accumulated over forty years,” says Dr. Berkman. “I also never stop learning. Medical education shouldn’t just stop when you graduate from medical school. I am constantly learning new skills, new techniques, and new knowledge. There’s always something new on the horizon.” Dr. Berkman serves as a mentor and guest lecturer to many medical students.
Just how many babies Dr. Berkman has delivered remains unknown. “I stopped counting years ago but it must be up there in the thousands. I am an obstetrical grandfather,” says Dr. Berkman. “I have delivered babies of babies I’ve delivered. I have seen my patients through marriages, divorces and widowhood. Many stay with me through their transition years after menopause.” Dr. Berkman has been on staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center since 2005.
Dr. Berkman counts himself as one of the luckiest men alive. “Call me at 3:00 a.m.,” says Dr. Berkman, “and I am happy to go to work.”
Powered by eDirectory™