- Around Town
- RCDS Hosts Jersey Shore Debate League Spring Tournament
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Cover Story
- The Ultimate Fighter: Renzo Gracie
- Nicholas Harary - The Essential Ingredients
- Colts Neck's Jacquie Lee
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Wild West City
- Popular Daily Specials Return to AMA Ristorante
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- Staten Island EatBeat - Chinar On The Island
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Jos Serrano
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- The Guide 2014 - Denise L. Waldron, DMD
- SB Furniture Design - Gift Guide
- Health Talk
- Company Profile - fostermd
- Health Blog - Michael Mortensen, Visage Hair Studio NYC
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Company Profile - Medimorphosis Physician Assisted Weight Loss
- Health - Fitness
- HWB 2014 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Living in Colts Neck
- All The Pretty Horses
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- It's All in the Details
- Newsletter Articles
- RCDS Committee Expands Teacher Learning
- The Home - Select Technology Group
- The Home - Millenium Stone Works
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Addison Park
- Our Pick - Hot Concepts Fireplaces & Barbeques
- Our Pick - Artistic Tile
- People On The Move
- Larry Fink caring, focused, and concerned environmentalist
- People On The Move - Mary Spadea
- People On The Move - SuzAnne and Gabor Barabas
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Massage Envy Spa - Holmdel
- The Guide 2015 - Casale Jewelers
- The Guide 2015 - AW Eurostile
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
"Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.
Steven R. Berkman, M.D., FACOG, FACS is both an inspired and inspiring obstetrician/gynecologist. I never had anything else in my mind other than to become a physician, says Dr. Berkman. I didnt come from a family of physicians but this is just what I always knew I wanted to do. Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.
Patients put their faith in you, their trust, says Dr. Berkman. They tell you their most intimate details. You are delivering their babies. You are helping to guide their health through the post-menopausal stage as they go through an important life transition. My rapport with patients can be lifelong.
Dr. Berkman, an Old Bridge resident, completed his medical education at Emory University, SUNY Downstate Medical Center and SUH-Kings County Hospital.
Always an educator, Dr. Berkman is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall University. He has also taught at HoHoKus School of Business and Medical Sciences and SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
As a physician, I love sharing the knowledge Ive accumulated over forty years, says Dr. Berkman. I also never stop learning. Medical education shouldnt just stop when you graduate from medical school. I am constantly learning new skills, new techniques, and new knowledge. Theres always something new on the horizon. Dr. Berkman serves as a mentor and guest lecturer to many medical students.
Just how many babies Dr. Berkman has delivered remains unknown. I stopped counting years ago but it must be up there in the thousands. I am an obstetrical grandfather, says Dr. Berkman. I have delivered babies of babies Ive delivered. I have seen my patients through marriages, divorces and widowhood. Many stay with me through their transition years after menopause. Dr. Berkman has been on staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center since 2005.
Dr. Berkman counts himself as one of the luckiest men alive. Call me at 3:00 a.m., says Dr. Berkman, and I am happy to go to work.
Powered by eDirectory™