- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Frank D'Aponte
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - World Jeep
- The Guide 2015 - Trade Mart Interiors
- Best Bet - By Design Landscapes, Inc
- Cover Story
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- A Story Like No Other - Jim Nantz
- Staten Island Borough President James S. Oddo
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Daytripper: Hunter Mountain
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Bill Arnold, President and CEO of Monmouth Medical Center
- Company Profile - Vascular & Interventional Specialists, PC
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Our Pick - Holmdel Periodontics & Implant Dentistry
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Living in Colts Neck
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- The Home Gallery - John Cortese Masons
- Christmastime Dream Routes Through Eastern Germany
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: ACD Custom Granite
- Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign
- Our Pick - Elevate Yoga
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cheryl Parker
- People On The Move: Frank Holmgren
- People On The Move - Rabbi Sally J. Priesand
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - World Subaru
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- The Guide 2015 - The Cracked Olive Market
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
- The Home - JGS Insurance
Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
"Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.
Steven R. Berkman, M.D., FACOG, FACS is both an inspired and inspiring obstetrician/gynecologist. I never had anything else in my mind other than to become a physician, says Dr. Berkman. I didnt come from a family of physicians but this is just what I always knew I wanted to do. Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.
Patients put their faith in you, their trust, says Dr. Berkman. They tell you their most intimate details. You are delivering their babies. You are helping to guide their health through the post-menopausal stage as they go through an important life transition. My rapport with patients can be lifelong.
Dr. Berkman, an Old Bridge resident, completed his medical education at Emory University, SUNY Downstate Medical Center and SUH-Kings County Hospital.
Always an educator, Dr. Berkman is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall University. He has also taught at HoHoKus School of Business and Medical Sciences and SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
As a physician, I love sharing the knowledge Ive accumulated over forty years, says Dr. Berkman. I also never stop learning. Medical education shouldnt just stop when you graduate from medical school. I am constantly learning new skills, new techniques, and new knowledge. Theres always something new on the horizon. Dr. Berkman serves as a mentor and guest lecturer to many medical students.
Just how many babies Dr. Berkman has delivered remains unknown. I stopped counting years ago but it must be up there in the thousands. I am an obstetrical grandfather, says Dr. Berkman. I have delivered babies of babies Ive delivered. I have seen my patients through marriages, divorces and widowhood. Many stay with me through their transition years after menopause. Dr. Berkman has been on staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center since 2005.
Dr. Berkman counts himself as one of the luckiest men alive. Call me at 3:00 a.m., says Dr. Berkman, and I am happy to go to work.
Powered by eDirectory™