- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Ask The Expert - John Coscia of AJC Advisors
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Cover Story
- Loud & Clear - Jim Hickey
- The Art of Fencing with Thomas Hearne
- Al Golden - The Golden Boy
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Holmdel Orthodontics
- The Guide 2014 - World Jeep Subaru
- Best Bet - Oasis Backyard Garden
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - DeeAnna Merz Nagel
- Health - StudioV Mind, Body and Soul
- Health - AMG Family Dentistry
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick Parallel Architectural Group
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jenn Lukowiak
- People On The Move - Linette Reeman
- People On The Move - Rabbi Sally J. Priesand
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- The Guide 2014 - JGS Insurance
- The Guide 2014 - Staten Island Mall
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
"Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.‘‘
Steven R. Berkman, M.D., FACOG, FACS is both an inspired and inspiring obstetrician/gynecologist. “I never had anything else in my mind other than to become a physician,” says Dr. Berkman. “I didn’t come from a family of physicians but this is just what I always knew I wanted to do. Forty years later, for me, the miracle of birth never ceases to amaze and I enjoy the lifelong relationships I have formed with many of my patients.”
“Patients put their faith in you, their trust,” says Dr. Berkman. “They tell you their most intimate details. You are delivering their babies. You are helping to guide their health through the post-menopausal stage as they go through an important life transition. My rapport with patients can be lifelong.”
Dr. Berkman, an Old Bridge resident, completed his medical education at Emory University, SUNY Downstate Medical Center and SUH-Kings County Hospital.
Always an educator, Dr. Berkman is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall University. He has also taught at HoHoKus School of Business and Medical Sciences and SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
“As a physician, I love sharing the knowledge I’ve accumulated over forty years,” says Dr. Berkman. “I also never stop learning. Medical education shouldn’t just stop when you graduate from medical school. I am constantly learning new skills, new techniques, and new knowledge. There’s always something new on the horizon.” Dr. Berkman serves as a mentor and guest lecturer to many medical students.
Just how many babies Dr. Berkman has delivered remains unknown. “I stopped counting years ago but it must be up there in the thousands. I am an obstetrical grandfather,” says Dr. Berkman. “I have delivered babies of babies I’ve delivered. I have seen my patients through marriages, divorces and widowhood. Many stay with me through their transition years after menopause.” Dr. Berkman has been on staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center since 2005.
Dr. Berkman counts himself as one of the luckiest men alive. “Call me at 3:00 a.m.,” says Dr. Berkman, “and I am happy to go to work.”
Powered by eDirectory™