Central Jersey Pools - Swim Spas vs. Swimming Pools
Central Jersey Pools
4235 Route 9 North
Freehold, NJ 07728
Both swimming pools and swim spas (also called exercise spas) have their benefits.
If you’ve been looking for a way to escape the heat of the summer, perhaps you’ve considered a swimming pool. Not only is this a great way to cool off, it’s a perfect place to come together with family and friends in the warm weather. However, there’s another possibility when considering a refreshing pool and that’s a swim spa. Ideal for those who swim competitively and need a space to practice, a swim spa looks like a giant hot tub or a small pool. A constant active current allows just enough pressure for you to swim against and simulate the feel of swimming yet without all the wasted space of a lap pool. Both swimming pools and swim spas (also called exercise spas) have their benefits. Let’s take a look at them:
Many people are loyal to swimming pools. After all, they provide a large space in which to splash around in, are great for families with children, and afford a great gathering place for big barbecues in the summer. Here are some top reasons to invest in a swimming pool:
- They’re larger than swim spas
- Everyone can spread out in a pool and have their own space
- There’s plenty of room for pool toys and rafts
- You can install slides, diving boards and other fun accessories
Swim spas are much smaller than your typical inground or above ground pool, which is perfect if you have a small back yard and can’t afford to give up any extra space. This type of spa is ideal for those who need to train for swimming competitions, yet don’t have the space to install a full pool for laps. You can stay in the same place and simply swim against the current. For a gentler therapy, those who have muscle injuries, arthritis, or other joint pain can easily walk against the current to provide just the right amount of resistance.
Here are some reasons why a swim spa or exercise spa may be best for you:
- Provides a current of resistance ideal for swimming laps or gaining muscle and joint strength
- More productive exercise experience
- Smaller unit takes up less space in small backyards
- They can be modular in nature and can therefore be brought indoors
- More affordable than a full inground pool because no site excavation is required.
- Provides relaxation of a hot tub yet in a function swim spa setting
As you can see, swim spas and swimming pools have many benefits. It’s up to your unique situation to decide which one would be better for you.