- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Pelican Shops
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Best Bet - Gerald Peter's Gold Mine
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- Gift Guide - Gold Coast Cadillac HUMMER Saab
- The Guide 2014 - The Pine Tavern
- Health Talk
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health - FOGLIA Skincare and Waxing Studio
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Federal Hall: A Historic Wonder
- Caring Heart Coronary Imaging Gives Families Hope
- Our Picks
- Braddock's Menswear
- Our Pick - Solace Day Spa and Salon-Gold’s Gym
- Company Profile - Surround Sound
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Peggy Karaban
- People On The Move: Anna Maria Mannarino
- People On The Move - Elizabeth Shea Arthur
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - Surv Kitchen & Lounge
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
Company Profile - Ballew Jewelers
36 Broad St.
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Freehold, NJ 07728
Brook 35 Plaza
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
For over 120 years and now four generations the Ballew family has been committed to delivering an unmatched selection of the highest quality jewelry at exceptional prices. Ballew Jewelers offers unique pieces that go far beyond what you are used to seeing at other jewelry stores. In addition to a large inventory of diamonds, precious colored gemstones, gold jewelry and estate jewelry, Ballew also carries some of the world’s finest timepieces including Rolex, Ebel, Tag Heuer, Movado, Cellini, Fendi and others. You’ll also find an extensive collection of giftware and sterling silver.
Ballew Jewelers and Reussilles’ Jewelers, two of the state’s oldest jewelry businesses, were founded in Monmouth County just one year apart by two brothers, Alphonse and Leon De La Reussille of Switzerland. The first Reussilles’ store, founded in Freehold in 1885, was purchased by James and Sarah Ballew in 1925 and renamed Ballew Jewelers. Sarah Ballew had been an English teacher and principal at a junior high school in Red Bank before she took over the management of the business in 1930. Not only was Sarah one of the few women to run her own business in the 1930s, but she was also New Jersey’s first female Gemologist. Sarah’s son James Ballew Jr., still active in the business, entered it in 1953 after graduating from Cornell University. He is one of the few Certified Gemologists in the state and an expert in estate jewelry. John Ballew, James’ son, joined the business after graduating from the University of New Hampshire in 1977. Kate Ballew, John’s daughter, recently joined the family business after graduating from Seton Hall in 2004.With three locations in Freehold, Red Bank and Sea Girt, Ballew Jewelers is well into its second century of serving the people of Monmouth County.
What sets Ballew Jewelers apart from its competitors?
The staff at Ballew is exceptional. Their strong product knowledge and uncanny ability to help customers make the right selection, regardless of budget, makes them a cut above most in the industry. They make you feel comfortable and at home the moment you walk through the door.
The Ballew Jewelers Philosophy
We believe in giving back to our community - starting with our customers. Every customer, regardless of price range, is looking for a special piece of jewelry at a really great value. We strive to deliver just that each and every time. We also give back to the community through our special programs. For instance, during the holiday season, we’re giving 20% off to anyone who donates $20 or more to the Foodbank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Earlier this year we raised over $10,000 for the Foodbank with this program.
Powered by eDirectory™