- Around Town
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Essential Elements Dance Studio
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond University Medical Center
- Cover Story
- Felicia Stoler: Spreading Health With A Little TLC
- Eric Casaburi - Fearless
- Michael Smolanoff
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - FRENCHTOWN
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Atlantic Age Management
- Gift Guide: Marlboro Tennis & Training Center
- Gift Guide - Gaetanoís Restaurant
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health - DeForte Dentistry
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - John Cortese Masons
- The Home - Penterman Kitchens
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - School Answers
- Our Pick - Mikeís We Buy Gold
- Our Pick - ACD Custom Granite, Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Julie Baron
- Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
- Kids On The Move - Matthew Welch
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Design Doors
- The Guide 2014 - Tuscany Italian
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
655 Shrewsbury Avenue
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Joseph E. Cauda, M.D., F.A.C.S.
James S. Brock, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM - 4 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 1 PM
Overview of practice:
For many years the treatment of varicose veins was mostly ignored by surgeons. They commonly believed the field to be uninteresting and the treatment to be barbaric. We have seen how patients suffer from the debilitating effects of venous disease, just as much as our patients with arterial problems suffer. The treatment of varicose veins was commented upon in ancient times by Hippocrates and, until recently, had not advanced very much. We are now able to employ 21st Century techniques to its treatment.
If someone were to consider treatment for their varicose veins, what key information should they know about their doctor?
They should verify that their doctor is a board certified surgeon. A surgeon is able to competently utilize all of the treatment modalities available. We are able to not only use the latest non-invasive techniques, but in severe situations we use hospital-based surgical procedures.
What should patients themselves know about the treatments?
The whole spectrum of varicose vein disease and treatment options can be quite confusing. They may range from simple injections for spider veins to radio frequency closure of saphenous vein disease. Unfortunately, most of those who suffer from this problem are unaware of modern treatments. Those suffering may have painful ulcers or just ugly embarrassing veins. We hold free informational seminars and vein screenings several times a year for just this reason. Our office will gladly provide the dates of our next free informational seminar on vein screening.
How has your specialty changed over the past decade?
In years past, all patients with varicose veins were treated with the same centuries old method of stripping and ligation. It used to be difficult to determine the cause of an individualís varicose vein disease. Today, prior to deciding on a treatment, all patients undergo a sophisticated ultrasound examination by our registered vascular technician. We have new and improved minimally invasive methods, as well as newer chemicals for sclerotherapy of spider veins. Downtime for the patient is now almost non-existent.
Powered by eDirectory™