- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - The Cracked Olive Market
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- The Guide 2014 - Moonlight Complements
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - John Cortese Masons
- Gift Guide - Compact Auto Body
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Glenn Kolansky, M.D.
- Health - Studio 455 Hair Salon
- HWB 2014 - Relief Source, LLC
- Shore & Sweet - Barbara and Bill Duffy
- Inspired by the Arts
- Comfort & Function - Habbab-Karout
- Newsletter Articles
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- The Home Gallery - Colts Neck Manor House
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Our Picks
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Our Pick - Sparano Face and Nasal Institute
- Our Pick - Artistic Tile
- People On The Move
- James Mullevey Principal With Principles
- People On The Move - Sophie Garito
- Kids On The Move: Danielle DíElia
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Guide
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- The Guide 2014 - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath
- The Guide 2014 - Fashion Classes of NJ
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
655 Shrewsbury Avenue
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Joseph E. Cauda, M.D., F.A.C.S.
James S. Brock, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM - 4 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 1 PM
Overview of practice:
For many years the treatment of varicose veins was mostly ignored by surgeons. They commonly believed the field to be uninteresting and the treatment to be barbaric. We have seen how patients suffer from the debilitating effects of venous disease, just as much as our patients with arterial problems suffer. The treatment of varicose veins was commented upon in ancient times by Hippocrates and, until recently, had not advanced very much. We are now able to employ 21st Century techniques to its treatment.
If someone were to consider treatment for their varicose veins, what key information should they know about their doctor?
They should verify that their doctor is a board certified surgeon. A surgeon is able to competently utilize all of the treatment modalities available. We are able to not only use the latest non-invasive techniques, but in severe situations we use hospital-based surgical procedures.
What should patients themselves know about the treatments?
The whole spectrum of varicose vein disease and treatment options can be quite confusing. They may range from simple injections for spider veins to radio frequency closure of saphenous vein disease. Unfortunately, most of those who suffer from this problem are unaware of modern treatments. Those suffering may have painful ulcers or just ugly embarrassing veins. We hold free informational seminars and vein screenings several times a year for just this reason. Our office will gladly provide the dates of our next free informational seminar on vein screening.
How has your specialty changed over the past decade?
In years past, all patients with varicose veins were treated with the same centuries old method of stripping and ligation. It used to be difficult to determine the cause of an individualís varicose vein disease. Today, prior to deciding on a treatment, all patients undergo a sophisticated ultrasound examination by our registered vascular technician. We have new and improved minimally invasive methods, as well as newer chemicals for sclerotherapy of spider veins. Downtime for the patient is now almost non-existent.
Powered by eDirectory™