- Around Town
- Holiday Buzz: Get Out of Town - NYC & PHL
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- The Atlantic Fencing Academy Announces District Winners
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Fred Astaire Dance Studio
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Mercedes-Benz of Freehold
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Restaurant Nicholas
- Cover Story
- Dr. Yong and Moon Choo…On a Fascinating Life Journey.
- Karen Polle
- Taylor Totland – The Shotmaker
- Daytripper: Hunter Mountain
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Restorative Health Alliance
- Health - Body N Balance Massage Therapy
- Health - Hospitals
- Newsletter Articles
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- Our Pick - The Colts Neck Inn Ballroom
- The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - World Subaru
- Wine Academy Superstores
- Company Profile - J Vincent Jewelers
- People On The Move
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- People On The Move: Bethany McGovern
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - femme by ashley
- The Guide 2013 - Poor Cat Designs
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
655 Shrewsbury Avenue
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Joseph E. Cauda, M.D., F.A.C.S.
James S. Brock, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM - 4 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 1 PM
Overview of practice:
For many years the treatment of varicose veins was mostly ignored by surgeons. They commonly believed the field to be uninteresting and the treatment to be barbaric. We have seen how patients suffer from the debilitating effects of venous disease, just as much as our patients with arterial problems suffer. The treatment of varicose veins was commented upon in ancient times by Hippocrates and, until recently, had not advanced very much. We are now able to employ 21st Century techniques to its treatment.
If someone were to consider treatment for their varicose veins, what key information should they know about their doctor?
They should verify that their doctor is a board certified surgeon. A surgeon is able to competently utilize all of the treatment modalities available. We are able to not only use the latest non-invasive techniques, but in severe situations we use hospital-based surgical procedures.
What should patients themselves know about the treatments?
The whole spectrum of varicose vein disease and treatment options can be quite confusing. They may range from simple injections for spider veins to radio frequency closure of saphenous vein disease. Unfortunately, most of those who suffer from this problem are unaware of modern treatments. Those suffering may have painful ulcers or just ugly embarrassing veins. We hold free informational seminars and vein screenings several times a year for just this reason. Our office will gladly provide the dates of our next free informational seminar on vein screening.
How has your specialty changed over the past decade?
In years past, all patients with varicose veins were treated with the same centuries old method of stripping and ligation. It used to be difficult to determine the cause of an individual’s varicose vein disease. Today, prior to deciding on a treatment, all patients undergo a sophisticated ultrasound examination by our registered vascular technician. We have new and improved minimally invasive methods, as well as newer chemicals for sclerotherapy of spider veins. Downtime for the patient is now almost non-existent.
Powered by eDirectory™