- Around Town
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Wine Academy Superstores
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Circle Infiniti
- Best Bet - Ryser’s Landcape Supply
- The Guide 2015 - Vik’s Fine Jewelry
- Cover Story
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Pete Harnisch - Bringing It Home
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Noble Productions - Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Perfect Smile
- Gift Guide - The Great Atlantic Porch Company
- Health Talk
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Chakra Salon & Spa
- Health 2015 - Hospitals
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Inn
- Dr. Peter Staats - Physician of the Year
- The Home: Decorating Den
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Jeunesse Medical Spa
- Our Pick - Fashion Classes of New Jersey
- Our Pick - The Wellness Center Pharmacy
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Cara Smith
- Bob Zander Colts Neck Fire Marshal
- People On The Move - Chris Dell
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- The Guide 2015 - Massage Envy Spa - Holmdel
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
Company Profile - Wine Academy Superstores
Wine Academy Superstores
2996 Route 35 South (Bethany Road)
Hazlet, NJ 07730
1900 Route 70 South (Home Depot Shopping Center)
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Wine Academy Superstores exists because of one simple idea: There are too many delicious wines, beers and liquors available at all price points for anyone to drink anything they don’t love. Too often people are forced to drink what they do because there are no other options. However, we aim to supply you with the best products and offer you expert service, to allow you to find among them those that you love.
What do you feel sets you apart from your competition?
Our competition is satisfied with offering the same old wines that everyone carries and stopping there. Our competition doesn’t take the time to discover what else is out there that may be better and cheaper. We live in an era of unsurpassed selection of quality beverage products at all price points from around the world. But, the good stuff is almost impossible to find in New Jersey! We make the extra effort to find the special wines and offer them to an unsuspecting public.
As important as product selection is, we also realize that getting the right item into the customer’s hands is key. That is why we have, in all of our stores, tasting machines offering 16 wines to taste at all times. There are two main benefits of the tasting machines. First, it allows customers to try individual wines and determine whether or not they like that wine. Second, it allows the customers to try, at no cost, different grapes, regions and styles of wine. In short, it allows customers to discover the multitude of styles and tastes out there so that they can best find what they want.
Why would a current customer tell a friend or family member they should shop with you?
The difference is that we care. We care about the products we sell and the people to whom we sell them. When you enter one of our stores, we are not there simply to sell you something; we are there to sell you what you are looking for. Sometimes, the customer doesn’t really know what they are looking for. This is where we shine: Education and discovery!
What kind of customer service philosophy do you have and would like to share with our readers?
Our philosophy is simple: Choosing what to drink on a certain occasion is not rocket science, so we offer good product, knowledgeable service and no pressure. Knowledgeable service and a no pressure, comfortable environment are the keys to our customer service philosophy and the reason why our customers come back again and again.
Powered by eDirectory™