- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Casale Jewelers
- The Guide 2014 - Thompson Center for Plastic Surgery
- Best Bet - Merry Mutts
- Cover Story
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the “American Dream” in Colts Neck
- Lights, Camera...Cooper!
- James Livengood
- Day Tripper - Momouth Park
- Day Tripper - Lakota Wolf Preserve
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Centercourt of Marlboro
- Gift Guide - Holiday Pools
- Gift Guide - Anvil Studio
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Professional Behavioral Center of New Jersey, P.A.
- Health - Caring for our Seniors
- Health - DOCSMILE
- Newsletter Articles
- Dr. Peter Staats - Physician of the Year
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- The Home - Sunshine Solar Systems Inc.
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- Company Profile - Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists
- Our Pick - Danielle Benanti
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Ada Unachukwu
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- People on the Move: Tim McDonnell
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
01/09/2008 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
2 Stadium Way
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Spring has officially sprung and that means only one thing…baseball season is here! Bask in a day of sun and fun and watch “America’s greatest pastime” at FirstEnergy Park, designated as the #1 choice for New Jersey day trips. While there, you can watch the Lakewood BlueClaws defend their South Atlantic League Championship title. FirstEnergy Park features a state-of-the-art scoreboard, three large picnic areas, an expanded Kid's Zone, arcade, miniature golf area, and entertainment between innings — all sure to bring a smile to your face. Last season the BlueClaws welcomed their 2 millionth fan, reaching that mark faster than any professional baseball team in all of New Jersey and the South Atlantic League. They have led the league in attendance every year since their inception in 2001, adding 448,310 fans just last year. The team was also awarded the Bob Freitas Award in their first year of eligibility for overall excellence in minor league baseball. Their success is only possible because of the great support they have received from “the best fans in baseball” over the last half-a-decade. Those of you who have attended games over the last 5 years have seen some amazing players don a BlueClaws jersey — players that you can now watch on a daily basis playing for their parent club, the Philadelphia Phillies. Believe it or not, there are things to do at FirstEnergy Park in addition to watching electrifying BlueClaws baseball games. On the days the team takes their hard-hitting game on the road, the park schedules attractions and family-fun activities that appeal to a wide range of people. The annual Lakewood BlueClaws Coach’s Clinic, for instance, has become a huge hit with area coaches. The clinic features instruction in the areas of hitting, pitching, fielding, base running, and game preparation strategies. Also, the BlueClaws Youth Baseball Camp has been a big draw for future all-stars who want to learn the game from the pros. The camp covers all phases of the game, and the staff for the camp is made up of current Lakewood BlueClaws players and coaching staff. Campers participate in a variety of drills and activities as well as learn about and experience game situations and strategies. You Say it’s Your Birthday? FirstEnergy Park offers party options for everyone — from kid’s birthday parties to corporate event-planning resources. Birthday parties for children take on a whole new meaning while celebrating them at FirstEnergy Park. Treat the kids to an exciting baseball game and commemorate their special day while watching exciting BlueClaws minor league baseball. Thrilling Ways to Enjoy the Game Are you one of those people who have dreamt about throwing out a first pitch at a professional baseball game? At FirstEnergy Park fans can do just that! The Lakewood BlueClaws “First Pitch Package” is available to any fan and provides an opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a game. In addition, fans will have their pictures taken and placed in the Fan Photos section of the team’s website. All participants’ names will appear in lights on the message board center at the game and, of course, fans will get to keep the souvenir baseball they throw to home plate. The first 20 folks to sign up for each of the BlueClaws 70 home games will get to enjoy this priceless opportunity. Quickly becoming one of the most beloved Jersey Shore events and New Jersey attractions overall, the Kimball Medical Center Future BlueClaws hold a ceremony at each Lakewood BlueClaws home game, offering a chance for a special moment in the lives of participating little leaguers. Here’s how it works: At each home game the BlueClaws provide an opportunity for a little league team of boys or girls to take the field with the pros as the official “Kimball Medical Center Future BlueClaws” team. Your little league team is recognized over the public address system and takes the field — in uniform — along with the BlueClaws for the singing of the National Anthem. All you need to do is select the date of your choice and purchase a minimum of 50 reserved seat tickets. Luxury Suites — Sweet! Enjoy the exciting action of Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball in style in one of their lavishly furnished luxury suites. The private setting of a luxury suite makes it a perfect business meeting facility for entertaining clients, corporate team-building events, or just sharing exciting baseball action with good friends. The BlueClaws have one suite, which is available for rent on a nightly basis. Each suite includes: • 16 tickets • wait service • cable television • climate-controlled room • indoor and outdoor seating Game Day Promotions Game day promotions at FirstEnergy Park include exciting family activities that are not to be missed. The following represents a partial list of activities involving game day promotions. Scout Nights: ticket includes a pre-game parade and a scout patch for all scouts who attend Camp Days: reduced ticket prices for campers and counselors, with food vouchers available; ClawStars: on-field acknowledgement for up to 20 people for special in-game recognition of achievements; Grandparent’s Day: special incentive for group leader, discounted food vouchers available, special Grandparent’s Day post-game catch on the field; Fundraiser Programs: discounted tickets are available for resale to family and friends to raise money for new uniforms, equipment, senior prom, and more. So the next time you’re looking for an activity the entire family can enjoy, “take them out to the ballgame, take them out with the crowd, buy them some peanuts and crackerjacks…” they won’t care if they never come back! For more information on other minor league baseball teams in New Jersey visit www.nj.com/minors Boxes (side notes): Lakewood BlueClaws 2 Stadium Way Lakewood, NJ 08701 732.901.7000 www.lakewoodblueclaws.com General Admission 1st Base (Sections 101-105) $9.00 Home Plate (Sections 106-110) $9.00 3rd Base (Sections 111-115) $9.00 Junior and Senior rates available in these sections Getting there: From North Jersey: Take the Garden State Parkway South to Exit 89. At the end of the exit, bear right toward Brick and Lakewood. Make a left turn onto Cedar Bridge Avenue (Route 528 West). Proceed 1.4 miles through 3 traffic lights to FirstEnergy Park entrance. From South Jersey: Take the Garden State Parkway North to exit 90, onto Chambers Bridge Road. Follow Chambers Bridge Road for 1.3 miles and turn right onto Route 70 West. Proceed to the first light and turn right onto Cedar Bridge Avenue (Route 528). Continue 2.4 miles to FirstEnergy Park; entrance is on the left.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™