- Around Town
- School-Wide Coding Event at Rumson Country Day
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Atlantic Age Management
- The Guide 2014 - Fashion Classes of NJ
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- Cover Story
- Spirits For The Spirit: The Legacy of Laird & Co.
- And Then There Was Pat Light
- Colts Neck's Jacquie Lee
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - Wild West City
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- 2016 Guide - Dearborn Market
- The Shoppes at Old Bridge - Gift Guide
- Best Bet - The Loft at Arianas Grand
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health - Atrium Post Acute Care
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Integrative Health Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health - Richmond University Medical Center
- Our Pick - Healthy Way
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Gallery - Ralco Builders
- The Home: Town & Country Gallery
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Sun National Bank
- Our Pick: Bacarella Interiors
- Our Pick - Moonlight Complements
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Dr. Tricia Gilbert
- Kids On The Move - Sarah Milne
- Larry Fink caring, focused, and concerned environmentalist
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- OP - Ski Barn
- The Guide 2014 - Crown Elegance Bridal
- Company Profile - Thoroughbred Dental Arts
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home - Rysers Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
01/09/2008 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
2 Stadium Way
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Spring has officially sprung and that means only one thingbaseball season is here! Bask in a day of sun and fun and watch Americas greatest pastime at FirstEnergy Park, designated as the #1 choice for New Jersey day trips. While there, you can watch the Lakewood BlueClaws defend their South Atlantic League Championship title. FirstEnergy Park features a state-of-the-art scoreboard, three large picnic areas, an expanded Kid's Zone, arcade, miniature golf area, and entertainment between innings all sure to bring a smile to your face. Last season the BlueClaws welcomed their 2 millionth fan, reaching that mark faster than any professional baseball team in all of New Jersey and the South Atlantic League. They have led the league in attendance every year since their inception in 2001, adding 448,310 fans just last year. The team was also awarded the Bob Freitas Award in their first year of eligibility for overall excellence in minor league baseball. Their success is only possible because of the great support they have received from the best fans in baseball over the last half-a-decade. Those of you who have attended games over the last 5 years have seen some amazing players don a BlueClaws jersey players that you can now watch on a daily basis playing for their parent club, the Philadelphia Phillies. Believe it or not, there are things to do at FirstEnergy Park in addition to watching electrifying BlueClaws baseball games. On the days the team takes their hard-hitting game on the road, the park schedules attractions and family-fun activities that appeal to a wide range of people. The annual Lakewood BlueClaws Coachs Clinic, for instance, has become a huge hit with area coaches. The clinic features instruction in the areas of hitting, pitching, fielding, base running, and game preparation strategies. Also, the BlueClaws Youth Baseball Camp has been a big draw for future all-stars who want to learn the game from the pros. The camp covers all phases of the game, and the staff for the camp is made up of current Lakewood BlueClaws players and coaching staff. Campers participate in a variety of drills and activities as well as learn about and experience game situations and strategies. You Say its Your Birthday? FirstEnergy Park offers party options for everyone from kids birthday parties to corporate event-planning resources. Birthday parties for children take on a whole new meaning while celebrating them at FirstEnergy Park. Treat the kids to an exciting baseball game and commemorate their special day while watching exciting BlueClaws minor league baseball. Thrilling Ways to Enjoy the Game Are you one of those people who have dreamt about throwing out a first pitch at a professional baseball game? At FirstEnergy Park fans can do just that! The Lakewood BlueClaws First Pitch Package is available to any fan and provides an opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a game. In addition, fans will have their pictures taken and placed in the Fan Photos section of the teams website. All participants names will appear in lights on the message board center at the game and, of course, fans will get to keep the souvenir baseball they throw to home plate. The first 20 folks to sign up for each of the BlueClaws 70 home games will get to enjoy this priceless opportunity. Quickly becoming one of the most beloved Jersey Shore events and New Jersey attractions overall, the Kimball Medical Center Future BlueClaws hold a ceremony at each Lakewood BlueClaws home game, offering a chance for a special moment in the lives of participating little leaguers. Heres how it works: At each home game the BlueClaws provide an opportunity for a little league team of boys or girls to take the field with the pros as the official Kimball Medical Center Future BlueClaws team. Your little league team is recognized over the public address system and takes the field in uniform along with the BlueClaws for the singing of the National Anthem. All you need to do is select the date of your choice and purchase a minimum of 50 reserved seat tickets. Luxury Suites Sweet! Enjoy the exciting action of Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball in style in one of their lavishly furnished luxury suites. The private setting of a luxury suite makes it a perfect business meeting facility for entertaining clients, corporate team-building events, or just sharing exciting baseball action with good friends. The BlueClaws have one suite, which is available for rent on a nightly basis. Each suite includes: 16 tickets wait service cable television climate-controlled room indoor and outdoor seating Game Day Promotions Game day promotions at FirstEnergy Park include exciting family activities that are not to be missed. The following represents a partial list of activities involving game day promotions. Scout Nights: ticket includes a pre-game parade and a scout patch for all scouts who attend Camp Days: reduced ticket prices for campers and counselors, with food vouchers available; ClawStars: on-field acknowledgement for up to 20 people for special in-game recognition of achievements; Grandparents Day: special incentive for group leader, discounted food vouchers available, special Grandparents Day post-game catch on the field; Fundraiser Programs: discounted tickets are available for resale to family and friends to raise money for new uniforms, equipment, senior prom, and more. So the next time youre looking for an activity the entire family can enjoy, take them out to the ballgame, take them out with the crowd, buy them some peanuts and crackerjacks they wont care if they never come back! For more information on other minor league baseball teams in New Jersey visit www.nj.com/minors Boxes (side notes): Lakewood BlueClaws 2 Stadium Way Lakewood, NJ 08701 732.901.7000 www.lakewoodblueclaws.com General Admission 1st Base (Sections 101-105) $9.00 Home Plate (Sections 106-110) $9.00 3rd Base (Sections 111-115) $9.00 Junior and Senior rates available in these sections Getting there: From North Jersey: Take the Garden State Parkway South to Exit 89. At the end of the exit, bear right toward Brick and Lakewood. Make a left turn onto Cedar Bridge Avenue (Route 528 West). Proceed 1.4 miles through 3 traffic lights to FirstEnergy Park entrance. From South Jersey: Take the Garden State Parkway North to exit 90, onto Chambers Bridge Road. Follow Chambers Bridge Road for 1.3 miles and turn right onto Route 70 West. Proceed to the first light and turn right onto Cedar Bridge Avenue (Route 528). Continue 2.4 miles to FirstEnergy Park; entrance is on the left.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™