- Around Town
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Male Ego Barber Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Colts Neck Inn
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Eats: Grape Beginnings
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Who's Serving?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Red Bank Radiologists
- Gift Guide - Staje The Boutique
- Gift Guide - The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
- Health Talk
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Odyssey Land Design Group
- AMI’s Dr. Hiren Patel Honored by A Time For ME
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Rabbi Sally J. Priesand
- Kids On The Move: Shannon Bauer
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Fencing Academy
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
01/30/2007 - By Michael Berman
Michael Berman interviews Darlean and Tom Drogaris in their Marlboro home.
Darlean Drogaris and her husband Tom met during an aerobics class at Tom’s company. Tom likes to say he “married his aerobics instructor.”
Tom had lived in the Freehold area years before, when farmland was plentiful, but the excellent reputation of the school system and the family-oriented neighborhoods of Marlboro attracted the Drogarios family to move from the more urban setting of
to a new subdivision of Marlboro.
Darlean has a natural touch when it comes to decorating her home and her home office is a tribute to her talent; Tom’s focus on comfort over “strictly for show” design choices are evident everywhere you look. Darlean jokes that, “Tom quite particular and opinionated” when it comes to decorating their family home. Tom, born in
, brought a number of furniture pieces with him and has integrated them seamlessly throughout their home. Darlean focuses on color; she is a gifted faux painter and tends to approach things “backwards,” starting first with wall colors and then bringing it all together from there. Their living room was the most recent design project, having just been completed much to the delight of the entire family.
The most used space in this comfortable home is the kitchen. Darlean says, “We live in our kitchen.” She loves to cook and bake and always makes extra for her neighbors. “Marlboro has been a great place to raise our children and put down our roots. The mayor lives across the street and our neighbors are always there if you need something. What more could you look for in a family town?”
Although planning a move to a warmer climate in the next year or so, the Drogaris family speaks highly of their experience in Marlboro. Their youngest son Nicolas participates in the Marlboro Youth Association football league. TJ, their oldest, showed a gift for painting early on and is currently an active high school junior. The boys’ rooms reflect their personality, but with an organized focus; their father believes that “being organized in your space makes you organized in your life.”
Powered by eDirectory™