- Around Town
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Dr. Manolis G. Manolakakis
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Experts: Dr. John M. Young
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Troost Brothers, Inc
- The Guide 2014 - Orrico Realty
- Best Bet - Richmond Chandelier
- Cover Story
- A Story Like No Other - Jim Nantz
- The Art of Fencing with Thomas Hearne
- Eric Casaburi - Fearless
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Turkey Day
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Encompass Outdoors
- The Guide 2014 - Crown Elegance Bridal
- Best Bet - American Repertory Ballet
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Adnan F. Danish, M.D.
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Bariatrics
- Health - Air Doctors, Inc.
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Timeless Classicism - Flancbaum
- Family First Country Estate - McGee
- There's No Place Like Home
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Wine Academy Superstores
- Our Picks
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- The Grove at Shrewsbury and Grove West
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Mitchell Remig
- People On The Move - Kyle Galante
- Eric Ginsberg - Bringing People Together Through Music
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Gold Leaf Jewelers
- The Guide 2015 - Il Sogno Ristorante Italiano
- The Guide 2014 - Ferrari of Central New Jersey
- The Home Guide
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
01/30/2007 - By Michael Berman
Michael Berman interviews Darlean and Tom Drogaris in their Marlboro home.
Darlean Drogaris and her husband Tom met during an aerobics class at Tom’s company. Tom likes to say he “married his aerobics instructor.”
Tom had lived in the Freehold area years before, when farmland was plentiful, but the excellent reputation of the school system and the family-oriented neighborhoods of Marlboro attracted the Drogarios family to move from the more urban setting of
to a new subdivision of Marlboro.
Darlean has a natural touch when it comes to decorating her home and her home office is a tribute to her talent; Tom’s focus on comfort over “strictly for show” design choices are evident everywhere you look. Darlean jokes that, “Tom quite particular and opinionated” when it comes to decorating their family home. Tom, born in
, brought a number of furniture pieces with him and has integrated them seamlessly throughout their home. Darlean focuses on color; she is a gifted faux painter and tends to approach things “backwards,” starting first with wall colors and then bringing it all together from there. Their living room was the most recent design project, having just been completed much to the delight of the entire family.
The most used space in this comfortable home is the kitchen. Darlean says, “We live in our kitchen.” She loves to cook and bake and always makes extra for her neighbors. “Marlboro has been a great place to raise our children and put down our roots. The mayor lives across the street and our neighbors are always there if you need something. What more could you look for in a family town?”
Although planning a move to a warmer climate in the next year or so, the Drogaris family speaks highly of their experience in Marlboro. Their youngest son Nicolas participates in the Marlboro Youth Association football league. TJ, their oldest, showed a gift for painting early on and is currently an active high school junior. The boys’ rooms reflect their personality, but with an organized focus; their father believes that “being organized in your space makes you organized in your life.”
Powered by eDirectory™