- Around Town
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Karen Lozner of Karen’s School of Fashion
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Paramount Oral Surgery
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- Best Bet - NY Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
- Cover Story
- Scott Rasmussen
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Bob Ojeda - An Extra Inning
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Thompson Center for Plastic Surgery
- Gift Guide - Tommy’s Coal Fired Pizza
- Gift Guide - DiamondCastle
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Specialized Care
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - ABL
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Our Picks
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- Company Profile - Thompson Center for Plastic Surgery
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Mary Weir
- People on the Move: Bob Gassaway
- People On The Move - Ken Davis
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Red White and Blue Contracting, Inc.
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Total Sound Entertainment
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
- The Home Guide - Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
01/30/2007 - By Michael Berman
Michael Berman interviews Darlean and Tom Drogaris in their Marlboro home.
Darlean Drogaris and her husband Tom met during an aerobics class at Tom’s company. Tom likes to say he “married his aerobics instructor.”
Tom had lived in the Freehold area years before, when farmland was plentiful, but the excellent reputation of the school system and the family-oriented neighborhoods of Marlboro attracted the Drogarios family to move from the more urban setting of
to a new subdivision of Marlboro.
Darlean has a natural touch when it comes to decorating her home and her home office is a tribute to her talent; Tom’s focus on comfort over “strictly for show” design choices are evident everywhere you look. Darlean jokes that, “Tom quite particular and opinionated” when it comes to decorating their family home. Tom, born in
, brought a number of furniture pieces with him and has integrated them seamlessly throughout their home. Darlean focuses on color; she is a gifted faux painter and tends to approach things “backwards,” starting first with wall colors and then bringing it all together from there. Their living room was the most recent design project, having just been completed much to the delight of the entire family.
The most used space in this comfortable home is the kitchen. Darlean says, “We live in our kitchen.” She loves to cook and bake and always makes extra for her neighbors. “Marlboro has been a great place to raise our children and put down our roots. The mayor lives across the street and our neighbors are always there if you need something. What more could you look for in a family town?”
Although planning a move to a warmer climate in the next year or so, the Drogaris family speaks highly of their experience in Marlboro. Their youngest son Nicolas participates in the Marlboro Youth Association football league. TJ, their oldest, showed a gift for painting early on and is currently an active high school junior. The boys’ rooms reflect their personality, but with an organized focus; their father believes that “being organized in your space makes you organized in your life.”
Powered by eDirectory™