- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - L’Acqua Ristorante
- The Guide 2014 - femme by ashley
- Gift Guide - A and J Landscaping
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Lettuce for Life
- Health - Sports Care & Physical Rehabilitation
- HWB 2014 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Viscon Builders Gallery
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite, Inc.
- The Home - JFS Interiors
- Our Picks
- Pine Belt Nissan of Keyport
- Our Pick - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Bernadette Rogoff
- Valerie Niess - Raising Environmental And Political Awareness
- People on the Move: Bob Gassaway
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Ski Barn
- The Guide 2014 - Trek Bicycle Store of Middletown
- The Guide 2014 - Redhead Photography
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
01/30/2007 - By Michael Berman
Michael Berman interviews Darlean and Tom Drogaris in their Marlboro home.
Darlean Drogaris and her husband Tom met during an aerobics class at Tom’s company. Tom likes to say he “married his aerobics instructor.”
Tom had lived in the Freehold area years before, when farmland was plentiful, but the excellent reputation of the school system and the family-oriented neighborhoods of Marlboro attracted the Drogarios family to move from the more urban setting of
to a new subdivision of Marlboro.
Darlean has a natural touch when it comes to decorating her home and her home office is a tribute to her talent; Tom’s focus on comfort over “strictly for show” design choices are evident everywhere you look. Darlean jokes that, “Tom quite particular and opinionated” when it comes to decorating their family home. Tom, born in
, brought a number of furniture pieces with him and has integrated them seamlessly throughout their home. Darlean focuses on color; she is a gifted faux painter and tends to approach things “backwards,” starting first with wall colors and then bringing it all together from there. Their living room was the most recent design project, having just been completed much to the delight of the entire family.
The most used space in this comfortable home is the kitchen. Darlean says, “We live in our kitchen.” She loves to cook and bake and always makes extra for her neighbors. “Marlboro has been a great place to raise our children and put down our roots. The mayor lives across the street and our neighbors are always there if you need something. What more could you look for in a family town?”
Although planning a move to a warmer climate in the next year or so, the Drogaris family speaks highly of their experience in Marlboro. Their youngest son Nicolas participates in the Marlboro Youth Association football league. TJ, their oldest, showed a gift for painting early on and is currently an active high school junior. The boys’ rooms reflect their personality, but with an organized focus; their father believes that “being organized in your space makes you organized in your life.”
Powered by eDirectory™