- Around Town
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert - Joe Adelfio of Closettec NJ
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Vovo Clinic
- The Guide 2015 - The Malvern School
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Baker Marine Group
- Best Bet - Moonlight Complements
- The Guide 2014 - XCEL Club
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Health - Freehold Radiology Group
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - John Cortese Masons
- Colts Neck Resident Co-Chairs Centre State MS Event
- The Home Gallery - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Bacarella Interiors
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- M&S Waste Services
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- Pam Wood - Advocate For Special Needs Children And Their Parents
- People On The Move - Mimi Chang
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- Company Profile - The Compounding Facility
- Company Profile - AJC Advisors
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - JOE HURLEY INC.
- The Home - Giglio Builders
Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
01/30/2007 - By Michael Berman
Michael Berman interviews Darlean and Tom Drogaris in their Marlboro home.
Darlean Drogaris and her husband Tom met during an aerobics class at Tom’s company. Tom likes to say he “married his aerobics instructor.”
Tom had lived in the Freehold area years before, when farmland was plentiful, but the excellent reputation of the school system and the family-oriented neighborhoods of Marlboro attracted the Drogarios family to move from the more urban setting of
to a new subdivision of Marlboro.
Darlean has a natural touch when it comes to decorating her home and her home office is a tribute to her talent; Tom’s focus on comfort over “strictly for show” design choices are evident everywhere you look. Darlean jokes that, “Tom quite particular and opinionated” when it comes to decorating their family home. Tom, born in
, brought a number of furniture pieces with him and has integrated them seamlessly throughout their home. Darlean focuses on color; she is a gifted faux painter and tends to approach things “backwards,” starting first with wall colors and then bringing it all together from there. Their living room was the most recent design project, having just been completed much to the delight of the entire family.
The most used space in this comfortable home is the kitchen. Darlean says, “We live in our kitchen.” She loves to cook and bake and always makes extra for her neighbors. “Marlboro has been a great place to raise our children and put down our roots. The mayor lives across the street and our neighbors are always there if you need something. What more could you look for in a family town?”
Although planning a move to a warmer climate in the next year or so, the Drogaris family speaks highly of their experience in Marlboro. Their youngest son Nicolas participates in the Marlboro Youth Association football league. TJ, their oldest, showed a gift for painting early on and is currently an active high school junior. The boys’ rooms reflect their personality, but with an organized focus; their father believes that “being organized in your space makes you organized in your life.”
Powered by eDirectory™