- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Expert - David Finkel
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Ski Barn
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Chandelier
- The Guide 2015 - Everafter Furniture
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Day Tripper - National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- Gift Guide - Surround Sound
- Best Bet - Relief Source
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Company Profile - Advanced Surgical Health Associates
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- Health - Kensington Court
- Health - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Newsletter Articles
- Architectural Accents Kitchen Showcase
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Home Staging
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - TCLA Enrichment Center
- Our Pick - Castle Couture
- Our Pick - Bayshore Community Hospital
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Tom Martini
- Kids On The Move: Danielle DElia
- People On The Move: Lianne Brock
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - European Wax Center
- Company Profile - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- 2016 Guide - Tuscany Italian Specialty Foods
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons Sunrooms
Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
01/30/2007 - By Michael Berman
Michael Berman interviews Darlean and Tom Drogaris in their Marlboro home.
Darlean Drogaris and her husband Tom met during an aerobics class at Toms company. Tom likes to say he married his aerobics instructor.
Tom had lived in the Freehold area years before, when farmland was plentiful, but the excellent reputation of the school system and the family-oriented neighborhoods of Marlboro attracted the Drogarios family to move from the more urban setting of
to a new subdivision of Marlboro.
Darlean has a natural touch when it comes to decorating her home and her home office is a tribute to her talent; Toms focus on comfort over strictly for show design choices are evident everywhere you look. Darlean jokes that, Tom quite particular and opinionated when it comes to decorating their family home. Tom, born in
, brought a number of furniture pieces with him and has integrated them seamlessly throughout their home. Darlean focuses on color; she is a gifted faux painter and tends to approach things backwards, starting first with wall colors and then bringing it all together from there. Their living room was the most recent design project, having just been completed much to the delight of the entire family.
The most used space in this comfortable home is the kitchen. Darlean says, We live in our kitchen. She loves to cook and bake and always makes extra for her neighbors. Marlboro has been a great place to raise our children and put down our roots. The mayor lives across the street and our neighbors are always there if you need something. What more could you look for in a family town?
Although planning a move to a warmer climate in the next year or so, the Drogaris family speaks highly of their experience in Marlboro. Their youngest son Nicolas participates in the Marlboro Youth Association football league. TJ, their oldest, showed a gift for painting early on and is currently an active high school junior. The boys rooms reflect their personality, but with an organized focus; their father believes that being organized in your space makes you organized in your life.
Powered by eDirectory™