- Around Town
- Meridian Weightless
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Shrewsbury Wine and Liquors
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- Best Bet - Angelina’s Ristorante
- Cover Story
- Dana Canedy - A Gift For Jordan
- Al Golden - The Golden Boy
- A Story Like No Other - Jim Nantz
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Maserati of Central NJ
- Gift Guide - Pietra Bella
- Best Bet - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Colts Neck Hot Yoga
- HWB 2014 - Joslin Diabetes Center
- Health - Pain
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- Health - DeForte Dentistry
- Tracking James - James Gregorio
- Our Pick: Jaeger Lumber
- Our Picks
- HWB 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra
- Our Pick - Game Truck
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - SuzAnne and Gabor Barabas
- People On The Move - Cheryl A. Krause-Parello
- Kids On The Move - Eleanor Phipps
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Trade Mart Interiors
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- The Guide 2015 - Hot Tubs by HotSpring
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™