- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2014 - Fashion Classes of NJ
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Design Doors
- Cover Story
- Arts & Scientist - Ilya Raskin, Ph.D.
- Dr. Dinosaur ...aka Dr. Paul Kovalski
- Sheer Genius
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Ralco Builders
- Best Bet - John M. Young Jr., DDS
- Tiles Unlimited - Gift Guide
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Dermatology Associates of Central New Jersey
- Health - IVF New Jersey
- Health - Skyn
- Newsletter Articles
- Behind The Red Door
- The Home - H2O Bath and Kitchen Elegance
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - BMW of Freehold
- Our Pick - Mike’s We Buy Gold
- Company Profile - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ibrahim Naboulsi
- People On The Move - Bill McDonald
- People On The Move - Alexandra Kerenyi Augustyn
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Grape Beginnings
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond County Country Club
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™