- Around Town
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Operation Provide Comfort
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond County Country Club
- Cover Story
- Felipe Rose: Village People's Macho Man
- Paul Pilcz - Marlboro's Gleek
- Paul Parmar: A man of the world
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Marina Café
- Eat Beat - Sam Vera Restaurant
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Turkey Day
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Doors & More
- Gift Guide - femme - by ashley
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Fencing Academy
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Lettuce for Life
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Newsletter Articles
- European Wax Center
- LOWER YOUR PROPERTY TAXES
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Ken Licata and Trisha Licata
- Our Pick - Gramercy Pain Center
- Company Profile - Avanti Day Resort
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
- Kids On The Move: Ada Unachukwu
- People on the Move: Dorothee Volpini de Maestri-Gerberding
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Sleep Shoppe
- The Guide 2014 - Pelican Shops
- The Guide 2014 - Federico’s Landscaping
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™