- Around Town
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- RCDS Hosts Jersey Shore Debate League Spring Tournament
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - St. Pauls School of Nursing
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Central Jersey EatBeat - JUST Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Annas Italian Kitchen
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Jos Serrano
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide -Grand Designs Doors, Inc.
- Gift Guide - Lincroft Kitchen & Bath
- Best Bet - Top Line Appliance Center
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Fertility
- Health 2015 - Bariatrics
- Health - Tender Smiles 4 Kids
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Shingle Sensation - Ray and Ali McCabe
- Elegant and Inviting, The Bellomos Home Offers Warmth to Friends and Family
- Defined By Good Design
- Newsletter Articles
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Carmine Visone
- People On The Move - Daniel J. Messina
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast - Gerine A. Skamarak
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- 2016 Guide - Alfonso's Pastry Shoppe
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodmans Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no magic potions. Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just dont know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™