- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Two River Theatre Annouces 20th Anniversary Season
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Design Doors
- The Guide 2014 - Coastal Plumbing Supply Co.
- Cover Story
- Max Ehrich - Pursuing His Passion
- Life on the Strip
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Golf Greens “Fore” U
- The Guide 2013 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Guide 2014 - Ink Couture NYC
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Mosaic Day Spa
- Health - Ocean County Retina, PC
- Shabby Chic & Chandeliers - The Brillers
- A Grand Home for Living - Harris
- Flight OF Fancy - The Berbers
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Paradise Stone & Tile
- Colts Neck Resident Co-Chairs Centre State MS Event
- WineZag - Choosing a Restaurant Wine List Over Food
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - JCC of Staten Island
- Company Profile - Sparano Face & Nasal Institute
- Our Pick: Monmouth Custom Builders
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cheryl Ann Cook
- People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
- People On The Move: Bob Cutrupi
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Marshall P. Allegra
- DISH - 2014 Monmouth County Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater NJ
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home Guide - Total Sound Entertainment
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™