- Around Town
- RCDS Partners with Level Up Village (LUV) to Offer STEAM Courses
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Ask The Expert - Joseph Abbate of Richmond Appliance
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- Best Bet - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Best Bet - Hot Tubs by HotSpring, LLC
- Cover Story
- Staten Island Borough President James S. Oddo
- Dana Canedy - A Gift For Jordan
- JoAnn Kairys
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - Dr. Wayne A. Aldredge, Holmdel Periodontics
- HWB Profile 2016 - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- HWB 2016 - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - NJ Shore Fit
- Health - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Health Blog - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
- Fit for a King - The Klings
- Valerie Schwab - Home Sweet Home
- Newsletter Articles
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- Our Pick Parallel Architectural Group
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Our Pick - Decorating Den Interiors
- Our Pick - Meet Over Drinks
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jesse Greenberg
- Kids On The Move: John Blakeslee
- People On The Move: Anna Maria Mannarino
- Summer Guide
- Best Bet - Audi Eatontown
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- Company Profile - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Downtown Tile
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no magic potions. Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just dont know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™