- Around Town
- AMI Foundation Donates More Than 500 lbs. of Food from 6th Annual Food Drive
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Count Basie Theatre Announces Board Members
- Ask The Experts
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Ask The Expert - Kathleen Nolan of Family Focus Financial Group
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Eats: Sickles Market
- Monmouth Eat Beat - It’s Greek to Me
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- Gift Guide - Ganga Asian Bistro
- The Guide 2015 - The Cracked Olive Market
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- Health - Soul Focus
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- A Hanukkah Story
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- Riverwind - A Little Bit of Iowa on the Navesink
- Hartshorne Mansion
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Pride Home Improvements
- The Home - Distinctive Custom Masonry Contractors
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Butch’s Lube N Wash
- Avanti Day Resort
- Our Pick: Nevada Exchange Trading Post Outlet
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Christina Nelson
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- Colts Neck Member Of Jack & Jill Monmouth County Chapter
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Rosen Decorators
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™