- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Best Bet - Kukulina Jewelers
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- Best Bet - Whole Foods Market
- The Guide 2014 - Pelican Shops
- Health Talk
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Vein Institute of New Jersey
- Health - Premier Pediatric Care
- HWB 2014 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Serpentine Splendor - Miriam and Ahron Jundef
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- Family First Country Estate - McGee
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Viscon Builders Gallery
- The Home - Rosen Decorators
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Company Profile - Monmouth St. Tile
- Our Pick - Neighborhood Lit.
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Sarah Milne
- People on the Move: Tim McDonnell
- People on the Move: Karen Nealis
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Red Bank Cabinet Company
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™