- Around Town
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Closettec "UGLY CLOSET" Contest
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection Presents Party Flicks
- The Guide 2014 - Vovo Clinic
- The Guide 2014 - Thompson Center for Plastic Surgery
- Cover Story
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Life's Canvas - Jay Alders
- Fearless - Eric Casaburi
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Gift Guide - Dr. Steven P. Stern D.M.D., P.A
- The Guide 2014 - Coastal Plumbing Supply Co.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- HWB 2014 - Atlantic Age Management
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Cortez Cigars
- Architectural Accents Kitchen Showcase
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- LOWER YOUR PROPERTY TAXES
- Company Profile - Clothing & Style Consulting
- People On The Move
- Helping Our Youth Through The Hardest Times
- People On The Move - Daniel J. Messina
- People On The Move - Sean Davis
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- The Guide 2014 - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Company Profile - Dearborn Market
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™