- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- The Guide 2014 - Moonlight Complements
- Best Bet - Voyagers' Community School
- Cover Story
- Dylan Bryan – Playing the Best Hand in the World
- Fly Like An Eagle - Howie Roseman
- Max Ehrich - Pursuing His Passion
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Day Tripper - Whitesbog Village
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - ah Spa!
- Health - Rumson Therapeutic & Sports Massage Center
- Health - DeeAnna Merz Nagel
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- Our Pick: Marlboro Dental Arts, PC
- Health - Inferno Training
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Curvy Bride
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- Our Pick - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- People On The Move
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- People on the Move: Brian Nelson
- People on the Move: Bernadette Rogoff
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Turning Point
- The Guide 2014 - Physicians For Alternative Medicine
- The Guide 2013 - Monmouth Stereo
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- The Home Guide - Total Sound Entertainment
- The Home - Giglio Builders
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™