- Around Town
- Closettec "UGLY CLOSET" Contest
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - We Got Lites
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- Best Bet - Cozmos Hair Color Studio
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Associated Pain Specialists
- Gift Guide - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- The Guide 2014 - Moonlight Complements
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - ENERGY BALANCE
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Health - Arch Brow
- Newsletter Articles
- Four Seasons® Sunrooms & Windows
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jenn Lukowiak
- People On The Move: Bob Leibner
- People On The Move - Sam Fieramosca
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Atlantic Age Management
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- Company Profile - The Hart Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™