- Around Town
- Ranney’s Middle School Honored with National Literary Awards
- Relief News
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- The Guide 2013 - Falco’s Catering
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Circle Infiniti
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Tee Time Golf
- Cover Story
- Sally Ann Mosey: Little Miss Sunshine
- Fly Like An Eagle - Howie Roseman
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Mark Joseph's
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Elite Martial Arts Academy
- Gift Guide - John Kling Cutom Homes
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- Health - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Kitchen and Bath Showroom
- Health - DeForte Dentistry
- JMH Home Design Consultants - Gallery
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Alyssa Staats
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- People On The Move - Carmine Visone
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Sea Spa & Salon
- The Guide 2013 - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- The Guide 2013 - Lincroft Village Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
- The Home Guide - New Jersey Best Lawns
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™