- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- AMI Foundation Donates More Than 500 lbs. of Food from 6th Annual Food Drive
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Expert - Vincent Dicks CEO - Career Gaudium
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- The Guide 2015 - Gerald Peters Goldmine Jewelers
- Best Bet - Manfredi Auto Group
- Cover Story
- Dr. Maureen Murphy
- Forward Progress - Wayne Chrebet CN
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Lincroft Village Jewelers
- Gift Guide - The Perfect Smile
- The Guide 2014 - Orrico Realty
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- Company Profile - Cunningham Orthopaedics
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Our Picks
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Our Pick: Town and Country Kitchen and Bath
- Our Pick - Artisan Studio
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ann Yokum
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- Kids On The Move - Sharon Lin
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Rosen Decorators
- The Guide 2014 - Paramount Oral Surgery
- The Guide 2014 - Shrewsbury Wine and Liquors
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™