- Around Town
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Male Ego Barber Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- Cover Story
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- The Ultimate Fighter: Renzo Gracie
- Dr. Dinosaur ...aka Dr. Paul Kovalski
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Bahrs Landing
- Our Pick - Sofra Turkish Cuisine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Devine Creations Design Center
- Gift Guide - Soul Focus
- Gift Guide - Bayshore Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health Talk - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health - Caring Dental
- Health - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- The Home Q&A - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Green Technology
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Our Pick - Gramercy Pain Center
- Our Pick - Hart Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Sue Princitto
- Suzanne Pease, Jill-Of-All-Trades
- People On The Move - Mimi Chang
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Pier Village
- Company Profile -Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™