- Around Town
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- AskThe Expert - Pauline Poyner
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Everafter Furniture
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- The Guide 2014 - Dearborn Market
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Who's Serving?
- Eat Beat - Bahrs Landing
- Eat Beat - Angelina’s Ristorante
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide: deJensen Salon & Spa
- The Guide 2013 - Sea Spa & Salon
- Gift Guide - John Kling Cutom Homes
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - db Orthopedic
- AMI…The Breast Imaging Specialists
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- The Home - Affordable Garage Doors
- Our Pick: Jaeger Lumber
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Yvette Bonfiglio
- People On The Move - Dr. Paul Lenz
- People On The Move - Rabbi Sally J. Priesand
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Dearborn Market
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- Company Profile - Rehability, LLC
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Monmouth Beach Plantation
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home Guide - Red Bank FrameWorks
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™