- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Montage Decor Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Staten Island Mall
- Best Bet - Artistic Tile
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- DayTripper: Princeton
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Aroma Skin Care & Day Spa
- HWB 2014 - Relief Source, LLC
- Health - Dr. Louis B. Conte
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Paradise Found - The Cannizzaros
- Easy Living On A Grand Scale - Alyson and Keith Arnott
- The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- JMH Home Design Consultants - Gallery
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Lombardi Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center
- OurPick - Carpet Yard
- Our Pick - Baymar Farms
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jeffrey Morgan
- People On The Move - Sophie Garito
- People On The Move - Daryl Schwenck
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - World Jeep Subaru
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™