- Around Town
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Ask The Expert - Avra Karak
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- The Guide 2015 - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Guide 2015 - LPA Strategic Capital
- Cover Story
- Novel Ideas - Robin Friedman: Author, Journalist, and Jersey Girl
- John D'Leo - The Kid's Got Skills
- Twelve - The Hayes Family
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club
- Gift Guide - All-County Dermatology
- Gift Guide - J.Vincent Jewelers
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Premier Pediatric Care
- Health - Aroma Skin Care & Day Spa
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- Our Pick - Jeunesse Medical Spa
- The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Forefront Homes
- Company Profile - Steven A. Morgan, M.D.,F.A.C.O.G.
- Company Profile - Mathnasium
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Arthur Davey
- People On The Move - Jeanne Patterson
- Kids On The Move - Josh Gilstein
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - L Furs
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast Doreen DeMarco
- The Guide 2015 - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater NJ
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™