- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Holmdel Orthodontics
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Fertility
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- DayTripper: Northlandz
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Architectural Accents Past and Present
- The Guide 2014 - Ski Barn
- SB Furniture Design - Gift Guide
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health - AMG Family Dentistry
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Elegant and Inviting, The Bellomos Home Offers Warmth to Friends and Family
- Shore & Sweet - Barbara and Bill Duffy
- Flight OF Fancy - The Berbers
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- The Triple Crown
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home - Artistic Tile
- Travel Feature - DESTINATION: BELIZE
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Cabitron Fine Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry
- Our Pick: ACS Automation
- Our Pick - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Tom Martini
- People On The Move - Linette Reeman
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Company Profile - The Hart Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Chandelier
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™