- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- The Guide 2014 - Zio Toto Italian Restaurant
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Aspirin...please.
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - East Coast Pool Concepts
- Best Bet - Federico’s Landscape Design
- Best Bet - DSM Enterprises Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Health - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S., P.A.
- Living in Colts Neck
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Feels Like Home
- Newsletter Articles
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Eats: The Colts Neck Inn
- The Home - Distinctive Custom Masonry Contractors
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Advanced Surgical & Bariatrics of NJ
- Our Pick - Federico’s Landscape Design
- Wine Academy Superstores
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Dennis Dayan
- People On The Move - Chad Clayton
- People On The Move: Jackie Mercandetti
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Kitchen & Bath Station
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Total Sound Entertainment
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™