- Around Town
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Voyagers' Community School - Open House
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- The Guide 2015 - Manfredi Auto Group
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide: Marlboro Tennis & Training Center
- Park Avenue Bistro - Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Max's Es-Ca
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Dr. Pamela Levy
- Bayshore Community Health Services
- AMI Offering Free Mammograms This October
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Living in Colts Neck
- All The Pretty Horses
- It's All in the Details
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Viscon Builders
- Travel Feature - DESTINATION: BELIZE
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Our Picks
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Company Profile - AJC Advisors
- Pine Belt Nissan of Keyport
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Peggy Karaban
- People On The Move: Cara Smith
- People On The Move - John Nies
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- The Guide 2015 - Troost Brothers, Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™