- Around Town
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Liberty Homes of Staten Island, Inc.
- Best Bet - Lotus Health & Wellness Spa
- The Guide 2015 - Visage Hair Studio
- Cover Story
- Jessica Silverman - Model Behavior
- Joe Boyle – on the Road to Exceptional
- Carol Stillwell
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Ink Couture NYC
- Gift Guide - Seeview Remodeling
- Gift Guide - Getting In Shape For Women
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Kristin Belen, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Arch Brow
- Health - Ocean County Retina, PC
- Health - Tender Smiles 4 Kids
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- A Notable Man: Jim Cirronella
- JOHN DIAS ANNOUNCED AS ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF TWO RIVER THEATER CO.
- The Home - Design Trends
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Cabitron Fine Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry
- Our Pick - Joe Leone’s
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Lisa Zhang
- Canine on the Move: The Therapy Dog
- People on the Move: Michael Chirico
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
Duffy Personal Training Q&A
03/10/2010 - By Pat Duffy
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
Pat, with all the media talk about fitness, wellness, diet and any other "magic potions" to help improve health and looks--is there anything from a fundamental point of view that you would recommend to our readers who want to get "healthier"?
First of all, there are no “magic potions.” Its very fundamental but difficult at the same time. Dieting and hard work are the only ways to become physically fit. I would just encourage people to be more active and try to eat healthier For the most of us, the stress of everyday life makes it very difficult to find the time or the motivation to start a fitness program. The truth is, the thing we keep putting off the very thing that would help relieve some of that daily stress.
I would suggest starting slowly by walking 3-5 days a week. Start with a 30-45 minute walk. Also you should start a structured nutrition program. Keep it simple. Balanced diet and portion control. Cut out bad habits (eg. Soda,sweets and sodium). This simple health and fitness regimen will start you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The key is consistency. You have to make it a priority, for now. After awhile it will be routine and much easier to work with.
Why personal training?
From my experience, two types of people generally to to visit me. First are those who just don’t know what to do. Second are those who need an appointment to workout, they need a structured schedule.
If you are a beginner, it is very important to receive the proper guidance in order to achieve to optimum goals and to prevent injury. Your trainer will give you proper mechanics, nutritional guidance and structured programs to follow.
If you are the kind of person that is experienced but lets the daily grind keep your from your fitness program, then having a set appointment every week would be a way to keep you on track.
Powered by eDirectory™