- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- The Guide 2014 - Trek Bicycle Store of Middletown
- Best Bet - Moonlight Complements
- Cover Story
- Racing Royalty - Joe Bongiorno
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Day Tripper - Peddlers Village
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Cracked Olive Market
- Gift Guide - Just Restaurant
- Gift Guide - Energy Aide
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- HWB 2014 - Victory Medical Associates
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- Dr. Peter Staats - Physician of the Year
- The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Asahi
- Our Pick - Shrewsbury Volkswagen
- Our Pick - Cosmetic & Dermatologic Surgery Associates
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Lieutenant Ross Licitra
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- People On The Move: Lianne Brock
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- The Guide 2013 - Sea Spa & Salon
- The Guide 2014 - Ferrari of Central New Jersey
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
08/30/2011 - By A.J. Perna
Leah Passafiume - Self Portraits and Fortune Cookies
While preparing for the portfolio review portion of the application and interview process for acceptance into the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, recent Wall Township High School graduate and National Arts Honor Society Member Leah Passafiume was leaving nothing to chance. While other applicants pick and choose some of their favorite pieces, Leah stacked the deck in her favor and presented every single project that she had completed throughout her high school art career, and then some. That turned out to be the right move. Leah’s entire portfolio spans multiple mediums and genres, but one thing is evident in each and every piece: Talent.
Throughout high school, Leah had received numerous awards and accolades for her artistic talents, but during her senior year, one piece garnered her some serious attention. Every year, Brookdale College hosts a Teen Arts Show, featuring the best and brightest at the Jersey Shore, naming just a handful of entries as “Best in Show”. This past year, the TeenArts Competition chose John Lennon’s “Imagine” as the central theme. Leah’s lone entry was an interactive sculpture, titled “Imagine Tree”. Her sculpture started with Leah making a life-size tape casting of herself that she then plastered over. From there, she expanded and morphed her self-casting into the trunk and branches of a tree. The leaves were fashioned from 200 tags, with “I imagine…” hand written on each one. One hundred of these tags were completed by Leah and a pen was left near the sculpture to allow visitors to the Teen Arts Show to finish the other one hundred tags with things that they imagine.
Leah has always had a passion for art and cannot imagine doing anything else with her life. Starting this fall, Leah will be attending her dream school on a scholarship. She is enormously excited to learn all she can at the University of the Arts and to immerse herself completely into the Philadelphia art scene and community. But, it’s not just a future full of fine art and gallery showings that Leah envisions for herself. In addition to expressing herself and beautifying the world, her art studies will have another purpose and goal. After four years at the University of the Arts, Leah plans to move on to graduate school and earn a doctorate in art therapy.
Perusing Leah’s portfolio, two motifs crop up time and again - self portraits and fortune cookies. Makes perfect sense, considering Leah is a very self-aware young lady who knows what she wants out of life and considers herself fortunate to have her talent recognized and be afforded these wonderful opportunities.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™