- Around Town
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- AskThe Experts - Frank D'Aponte
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Mark Lauria Associates
- Best Bet - Woodhaven Lumber & Millwork
- The Guide 2015 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- Cover Story
- Jersey Boy - Jim Florentine
- Nicholas Harary - The Essential Ingredients
- Jim Babjak - Blow to Smithereens
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Baymar Farms
- Gift Guide - Clothing & Style Consulting
- Gift Guide - Circle Infiniti
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health Talk - Mancini Giuffre Salon and Spa
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health 2014 - ah Spa!
- Health - Brock Farms
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- Behind The Red Door
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance - The Spa Experience
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Center for Aesthetic Medicine
- Our Pick - Wine Academy Superstores
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Premise Martin
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- Kids On The Move: Ada Unachukwu
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - The Compounding Facility
- The Guide 2014 - Avanti Day Resort
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
Great Estate: Areta Bendo
A Grand Custom Home Designed for Living
In 1997, Areta Bendo’s patience had been handsomely rewarded. It was then that she was finally able to move her family from Middletown into her dream estate, nestled on a cul-de-sac in the Whispering Woods section of Holmdel.
From initial concept to completion, her nearly 8,000-square-foot custom brick and stone colonial was 31/2 years in the making. The final result was a magnificent California-inspired home, perfect for entertaining, with a spacious, open floor plan and an abundance of natural light. At every turn, Areta’s personality and attention to detail is reflected in her home. She carefully planned every aspect of the design – from the 14-zone radiant heating system to the 140 recessed graphic-eye lights to the dumbwaiter and laundry chute – with the comfort of her family in mind. The décor is a direct reflection of her aesthetic sense and awareness of social trends, and she has successfully integrated them all into her home and her life.
Even in the design and planning stages, Areta developed a deep, emotional attachment to her home. During that time, she never anticipated divorce, but over the past 7 1/2 years, she feels that she has successfully maintained a very loving, thriving, and happy home for herself and her two daughters (who are now in college), Christina and Alexis. Not wanting to leave her beautiful community that is filled with many close friends who have all been there to support her, Areta is thrilled that she has had the fortitude to remain in Holmdel and continue to enjoy all of the things that brought her here in the first place – the country landscapes, the nearby beaches, the top-notch educational system, the easy commute to New York City. This was her top priority.
Areta and her daughters never missed a beat and continue to share their home, celebrating good times with family and friends.
The stately feel of the home’s 120-foot, full brick and stone exterior is highlighted by blue slate steps with tiered, concrete balusters, Belgian block curbing, stunning landscaping with ornamental lighting, and a circular courtyard driveway.
Areta’s attraction to “grandness and greatness” is demonstrated by the foyer’s circular dome ceiling, featuring a custom medallion and chandelier, with an electric winch for easy accessibility.
A long, wide gallery with marble stone flooring and an arched 9-foot ceiling connects the east and west wings of the home.
Passing though the 8-foot custom double mahogany entry doors, guests are greeted in the grand foyer by a free-floating, curved staircase…also mahogany.
Areta’s daughters took lessons on this Steinway Boston Baby Grand Piano, that makes its home in the sunken library. It still gets plenty of use during holidays and gatherings.
In keeping with Areta’s flair for entertaining, special artisans and craftsmen were contracted to build the great room’s multi-level mahogany bar with granite top and walk-in wine room, as well as the recessed entertainment center that houses her 70-inch Mitsubishi television.
Walls of oversized windows that flood the room with natural light flank the large limestone fireplace.
This antique, goldleafed mirror, topped with a hand-painted cameo, is just one of a number of design elements that once belonged to Areta’s grandparents.
Each of the home’s six bedrooms is a suite. Areta’s suite is the crown jewel, with a sitting room and two walk-in closets. The master bath features marble tile floor and walls, an Aquatic® Jacuzzi-style tub in a marble platform, and a walk-in shower room with five Jado body sprayers.
The large, open kitchen and adjoining breakfast area truly make up the home’s hub. Family and friends gather for food and fun around the granite-topped center island, while the meals are prepared using professional-grade Sub-Zero and Dacor appliances.
Powered by eDirectory™