- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Sharon Robinson Addresses Middle Schoolers at RCDS Diversity Summit
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Everafter Furniture
- Best Bet - American Repertory Ballet
- Best Bet - Career Gaudium
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Its Greek to Me
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- Eat Beat - Antoinette Boulangerie
- Etc - Aspirin...please.
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Massage Envy Spa
- The Guide 2015 - Sam Vera Restaurant
- The Guide 2015 - Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health Blog - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- South Shore Animal Hospital
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- HWB 2015 - Saint Peters Sports
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Mathnasium of Staten Island
- Our Pick - The Vovo Clinic
- Our Pick - St. George Theatre
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Gerry Viggiani
- Kids On The Move - Brayden Donnelly
- Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- 2016 Guide - Sandy Hook Yacht Sales
- The Guide 2015 - Liberty Homes of Staten Island, Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
Great Estate: Areta Bendo
A Grand Custom Home Designed for Living
In 1997, Areta Bendos patience had been handsomely rewarded. It was then that she was finally able to move her family from Middletown into her dream estate, nestled on a cul-de-sac in the Whispering Woods section of Holmdel.
From initial concept to completion, her nearly 8,000-square-foot custom brick and stone colonial was 31/2 years in the making. The final result was a magnificent California-inspired home, perfect for entertaining, with a spacious, open floor plan and an abundance of natural light. At every turn, Aretas personality and attention to detail is reflected in her home. She carefully planned every aspect of the design from the 14-zone radiant heating system to the 140 recessed graphic-eye lights to the dumbwaiter and laundry chute with the comfort of her family in mind. The dcor is a direct reflection of her aesthetic sense and awareness of social trends, and she has successfully integrated them all into her home and her life.
Even in the design and planning stages, Areta developed a deep, emotional attachment to her home. During that time, she never anticipated divorce, but over the past 7 1/2 years, she feels that she has successfully maintained a very loving, thriving, and happy home for herself and her two daughters (who are now in college), Christina and Alexis. Not wanting to leave her beautiful community that is filled with many close friends who have all been there to support her, Areta is thrilled that she has had the fortitude to remain in Holmdel and continue to enjoy all of the things that brought her here in the first place the country landscapes, the nearby beaches, the top-notch educational system, the easy commute to New York City. This was her top priority.
Areta and her daughters never missed a beat and continue to share their home, celebrating good times with family and friends.
The stately feel of the homes 120-foot, full brick and stone exterior is highlighted by blue slate steps with tiered, concrete balusters, Belgian block curbing, stunning landscaping with ornamental lighting, and a circular courtyard driveway.
Aretas attraction to grandness and greatness is demonstrated by the foyers circular dome ceiling, featuring a custom medallion and chandelier, with an electric winch for easy accessibility.
A long, wide gallery with marble stone flooring and an arched 9-foot ceiling connects the east and west wings of the home.
Passing though the 8-foot custom double mahogany entry doors, guests are greeted in the grand foyer by a free-floating, curved staircasealso mahogany.
Aretas daughters took lessons on this Steinway Boston Baby Grand Piano, that makes its home in the sunken library. It still gets plenty of use during holidays and gatherings.
In keeping with Aretas flair for entertaining, special artisans and craftsmen were contracted to build the great rooms multi-level mahogany bar with granite top and walk-in wine room, as well as the recessed entertainment center that houses her 70-inch Mitsubishi television.
Walls of oversized windows that flood the room with natural light flank the large limestone fireplace.
This antique, goldleafed mirror, topped with a hand-painted cameo, is just one of a number of design elements that once belonged to Aretas grandparents.
Each of the homes six bedrooms is a suite. Aretas suite is the crown jewel, with a sitting room and two walk-in closets. The master bath features marble tile floor and walls, an Aquatic Jacuzzi-style tub in a marble platform, and a walk-in shower room with five Jado body sprayers.
The large, open kitchen and adjoining breakfast area truly make up the homes hub. Family and friends gather for food and fun around the granite-topped center island, while the meals are prepared using professional-grade Sub-Zero and Dacor appliances.
Powered by eDirectory™