- Around Town
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Dr. Manolis G. Manolakakis
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- AskThe Expert - Pauline Poyner
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Merry Mutts
- Best Bet - SMB Studio Arts Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Cover Story
- Twelve - The Hayes Family
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Arts & Scientist - Ilya Raskin, Ph.D.
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Staten Island EatBeat - Chinar On The Island
- Monmouth EatBeat - TAPEO
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Ama Ristorante
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Chakra Salon & Spa
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Completely Custom - The Campillays
- Tres Charmant - A French Cottage
- Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
- Newsletter Articles
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Forefront Homes Builds Homes That Welcome, Comfort And Inspire
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S., P.A.
- Our Pick - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Company Profile - JGS Insurance
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Reverend Thomas J. Triggs
- People On The Move - John Nies
- People On The Move - Robert Jaeger
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Downtown Tile
Great Estate: Areta Bendo
A Grand Custom Home Designed for Living
In 1997, Areta Bendos patience had been handsomely rewarded. It was then that she was finally able to move her family from Middletown into her dream estate, nestled on a cul-de-sac in the Whispering Woods section of Holmdel.
From initial concept to completion, her nearly 8,000-square-foot custom brick and stone colonial was 31/2 years in the making. The final result was a magnificent California-inspired home, perfect for entertaining, with a spacious, open floor plan and an abundance of natural light. At every turn, Aretas personality and attention to detail is reflected in her home. She carefully planned every aspect of the design from the 14-zone radiant heating system to the 140 recessed graphic-eye lights to the dumbwaiter and laundry chute with the comfort of her family in mind. The dcor is a direct reflection of her aesthetic sense and awareness of social trends, and she has successfully integrated them all into her home and her life.
Even in the design and planning stages, Areta developed a deep, emotional attachment to her home. During that time, she never anticipated divorce, but over the past 7 1/2 years, she feels that she has successfully maintained a very loving, thriving, and happy home for herself and her two daughters (who are now in college), Christina and Alexis. Not wanting to leave her beautiful community that is filled with many close friends who have all been there to support her, Areta is thrilled that she has had the fortitude to remain in Holmdel and continue to enjoy all of the things that brought her here in the first place the country landscapes, the nearby beaches, the top-notch educational system, the easy commute to New York City. This was her top priority.
Areta and her daughters never missed a beat and continue to share their home, celebrating good times with family and friends.
The stately feel of the homes 120-foot, full brick and stone exterior is highlighted by blue slate steps with tiered, concrete balusters, Belgian block curbing, stunning landscaping with ornamental lighting, and a circular courtyard driveway.
Aretas attraction to grandness and greatness is demonstrated by the foyers circular dome ceiling, featuring a custom medallion and chandelier, with an electric winch for easy accessibility.
A long, wide gallery with marble stone flooring and an arched 9-foot ceiling connects the east and west wings of the home.
Passing though the 8-foot custom double mahogany entry doors, guests are greeted in the grand foyer by a free-floating, curved staircasealso mahogany.
Aretas daughters took lessons on this Steinway Boston Baby Grand Piano, that makes its home in the sunken library. It still gets plenty of use during holidays and gatherings.
In keeping with Aretas flair for entertaining, special artisans and craftsmen were contracted to build the great rooms multi-level mahogany bar with granite top and walk-in wine room, as well as the recessed entertainment center that houses her 70-inch Mitsubishi television.
Walls of oversized windows that flood the room with natural light flank the large limestone fireplace.
This antique, goldleafed mirror, topped with a hand-painted cameo, is just one of a number of design elements that once belonged to Aretas grandparents.
Each of the homes six bedrooms is a suite. Aretas suite is the crown jewel, with a sitting room and two walk-in closets. The master bath features marble tile floor and walls, an Aquatic Jacuzzi-style tub in a marble platform, and a walk-in shower room with five Jado body sprayers.
The large, open kitchen and adjoining breakfast area truly make up the homes hub. Family and friends gather for food and fun around the granite-topped center island, while the meals are prepared using professional-grade Sub-Zero and Dacor appliances.
Powered by eDirectory™