- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Ask The Experts: Dr. Manolis G. Manolakakis
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- The Guide 2015 - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign®
- Gift Guide - Chapel Hill Dental Arts
- Cover Story
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- Carol Stillwell
- Going Solo - Cathy Mumford
- Eats: Grape Beginnings
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Holmdel Orthodontics
- Holiday Gift Guide - West End Confection Co.
- Gift Guide: Add-On Pools & Patio
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Freehold Radiology Group
- AMI…The Breast Imaging Specialists
- HWB 2014 - Relief Source, LLC
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- The Home - Distinctive Custom Masonry Contractors
- The Home - Ideal Tile Gallery
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Sports Zone Bar and Grill
- Company Profile - glow
- Our Pick - Brookdale Community College
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ralph Blumenthal
- People On The Move - Taralynn Vecchio
- People On The Move - Desiree Rose Zaslow
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- Company Profile - AJC Advisors
- The Guide 2014 - Holmdel Orthodontics
- The Guide 2015 - DeMarco’s Catering & Gourmet Deli
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™