- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Voyagers' Community School - Open House
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Avra Karak
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Maserati - The Key to an Extraordinary Life
- The Guide 2015 - Atlantic Medicine & Wellness
- The Guide 2015 - Lincroft Village Jewelers
- Cover Story
- Jessica Silverman - Model Behavior
- Nina Sophia Waga Mojares
- PIX11 Anchor Sukanya Krishnan
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Reproductive Science Center of NJ
- Gift Guide - Illusion Steakhouse
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Avanti Day Resort
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Health 2015 - Vision
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- A Big House That Lives Small - Garofolo
- Turn-Key Comfort For The Canaricks
- Victorian Splendor - Eaton
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - The Real Estate Boutique
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- The Home Gallery - Fuda Tile & Marble
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Reverend Monsignor Eugene M. Rebeck
- People On The Move: Jesse Greenberg
- People On The Move - Sean Davis
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Orrico Realty
- The Guide 2015 - Merry Mutts
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™