- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Green Life Designs
- Best Bet - Lifestyles Medical
- The Guide 2014 - The Pine Tavern
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Linda LePre Interiors - Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Samra Group
- Gift Guide - Doors & More
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Hammer House
- Health - Old Bridge Center PT
- Health - IVF New Jersey
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Home at Last
- La Bella Vita!
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Gallery - Instone
- JDRF 12th Annual Need for Speed Gala
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Premier Pain Centers
- Company Profile - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha
- David Burke Fromagerie
- People On The Move
- Suzanne Pease, Jill-Of-All-Trades
- People On The Move - Daniel J. Messina
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- The Guide 2013 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™