- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Around Town - Red Bank RiverCenter Announces 2013 Holiday Events
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Distinctive Pools Inc.
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Restaurant Nicholas
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Central Jersey Security Cameras
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Fred Astaire Dance Studio
- Gift Guide - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Atlantic Fencing Academy
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Jonathan Salon
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Vein Institute of New Jersey
- Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
- On Water's Edge - The Boyle House
- Country Living - Bullivant
- Living in Colts Neck
- Home at Last
- The Triple Crown
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Ralco Builders
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - Penterman Kitchens
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- Our Pick - Creative Design Center
- Our Pick - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Terry and Faye Zealand
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - femme by ashley
- The Guide 2013 - The Couture Exchange
- The Guide 2013 - Mark Joseph's
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™