- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- Best Bet - Atlantic Medicine & Wellness
- Best Bet - Homeclick Lighting
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Bonavita Laser Centers
- Health - Soul Focus
- Health - East Coast Fitness Store
- Living in Colts Neck
- The Triple Crown
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- It's All in the Details
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Odyssey Land Design Group
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sergio and Zen Rizzuto-Flancbaum
- People On The Move - Jarrett Engel
- People On The Move: Lianne Brock
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Coastal Plumbing Supply Co.
- The Guide 2014 - Avanti Day Resort
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- The Home Guide
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™