- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Fashion Classes of NJ
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- Best Bet - DoubleTake
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Childrenís Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2013 - INDULGE Lounge & Food Bar
- Gift Guide - California Closets
- Gift Guide - Distinctive Pools
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - AMG Family Dentistry
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- Health - Absolute Vein Care
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Elegant and Inviting, The Bellomos Home Offers Warmth to Friends and Family
- A Combination of Relaxed Elegance
- The Kaplansí Home Base
- Living in Colts Neck
- It's All in the Details
- All The Pretty Horses
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home - KRFC
- WineZag - Choosing a Restaurant Wine List Over Food
- Our Picks
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- Our Pick - Ashford & Grace Fine Jewelers
- Company Profile - CareOne
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - James Yarosh
- People On The Move: Mark Malek
- People on the Move: Max Fried
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- Company Profile: RUMC - Dr. Philip E. Otterbeck
- The Guide 2015 - Kim's Jewelers
- The Guide 2015 - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™