- Around Town
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Gerald Peter's Gold Mine
- Best Bet - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Best Bet - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- Cover Story
- Susan Wigenton - United States District Judge
- His Honor - Patrick Impreveduto
- Feature: Michael DiGiacomo
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Day Tripper - Whitesbog Village
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Our Pick - Sofra Turkish Cuisine
- Eats: Branches Catering
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health - Radiology
- HWB 2014 - Atlantic Age Management
- Newsletter Articles
- Eats: Mumford's Culinary Center
- The Home Gallery - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- A Seductive Re-Imaging - The Keeleys
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Manfredi Auto Group
- Our Pick - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater
- Our Pick - Wine Academy Superstores
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
- People On The Move - Robert “Bobby” Taylor
- People On The Move - Mary Spadea
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - 2 Chicks With Chocolate
- The Guide 2014 - Redhead Photography
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™