- Around Town
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Colts Neck Inn
- Best Bet - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- The Guide 2014 - EXIT Realty East Coast
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- Whole Foods Market-Middletown - Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Orthopaedics
- HWB 2014 - Improve Health Solutions
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Q&A - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Green Technology
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Linette Reeman
- People On The Move: Bob Cutrupi
- People On The Move - Jennifer Jacobs
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - We Got Lites
- The Guide 2014 - Nina Ferrer Design
- The Guide 2013 - Bear and Birch
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Red Bank Cabinet Company
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™