- Around Town
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Dearborn Market
- The Guide 2015 - Ama Ristorante at Driftwood
- Best Bet - Aqualand Pools
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Richmond University Medical Center
- Gift Guide - Contemporary Motor Cars
- Dearborn Market - Gift Guide
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Soho Studios for Hair
- Our Picks: Light FX
- Bentley Edison Vehicle Storage Special
- People On The Move
- Bob Zander Colts Neck Fire Marshal
- People on the Move: Michael Chirico
- People On The Move - Holli Eng
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast - Gerine A. Skamarak
- Company Profile - Atlantic Age Management
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™