- Around Town
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - The Spine and Pain Institute of New York
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Day Tripper - Peddlers Village
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Mercedes-Benz of Freehold
- The Guide 2013 - Monmouth Stereo
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- Health - StudioV Mind, Body and Soul
- Health - Union Family Eyecare
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- La Bella Vita!
- Newsletter Articles
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- Bill Britton-Director of Golf Instruction
- The Home Gallery - Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Galaxy Toyota
- Our Pick - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- Our Pick - Falco’s Catering
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jesse Greenberg
- Kids On The Move - Lisa Zhang
- People On The Move: Mary Weir
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- The Guide 2014 - Tuscany Italian
- Company Profile -Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- The Home Guide
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
- The Home Guide - Red Bank FrameWorks
- The Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
Health - DeForte Dentistry
4 Swimming River Road
We Care About You, Not Just Your Teeth!
After 15 years of being part of a group practice in Holmdel, Dr. Carolyn DeForte decided it was time to venture out on her own and in July of 2011 opened the practice that she gives her name to, DeForte Dentistry. And she could not be happier with her decision. "I felt a need not only for my patients, but for myself as well, to go out solo," says the Little Silver resident. "I love working in my own practice because it enables me to really develop the patient relationship. I know their needs better than when I was in a group." I was overwhelmed and honored at how many patients immediately joined me at DeForte Dentistry.
Dr. DeForte is a 1996 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In addition to her work as a dentist, she also taught at Staten Island University Hospital's residency program for 10 years and continues to train as a participant of the Seattle Study Club as well as the prestigious Pankey Institute. Dr. DeForte emphasizes a "Tell, Show, Do" philosophy when it comes to treating her patients. "I show them everything so they can understand everything," she says. "They can see it, understand it, and accept it. Patient understanding the process is an important part of good patient rapport."
Dr. DeForte treats patients of all ages. She has a fondness for helping children as well as those who are getting a bit older, citing pediatric and geriatric patients as two of her passions. The older generation appreciates her honesty and respect since she doesn't try to change what they are comfortable with.
When patients enter Dr. DeForte's office, they will find a beautiful office that feels like home. Patients can help themselves to a cup of coffee or tea or bottled water while they settle in. She personally meets them in the waiting room as well, helping to create an immediate level of trust that patients value. "I wanted to make the office a very comfortable place with a personal touch yet also include the hi-tech equipment necessary in this progressive field, "says the mother of three. "I listen to all my patients but I don't do anything they don't want me to do. There is no pressure to undergo treatment they are not ready for. It's just plain old honest, ethical, good dentistry at the highest level."
Whether performing preventive, specialized, or cosmetic work, Dr. DeForte makes her patients' complete well-being a priority. Since there are proven links between a healthy mouth and overall health, Dr. DeForte checks her patients for oral cancer, high blood pressure and has them undergo blood and saliva assessments to test for diabetes and other diseases. She also helps the patients to understand that plaque in the mouth can lead to plaque in the arteries. "It's about healthy smiles and healthy living," she says. "We care about you, not just your teeth." At DeForte Dentistry, patients can be assured that they are getting a practice and a dentist that remembers the true essence of family dentistry while embracing the technology and modern needs of today.
Powered by eDirectory™