- Around Town
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Business Information
- Ranney’s Middle School Honored with National Literary Awards
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Schneider+Nelson Audi
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Elite Martial Arts Academy
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - European Wax Center
- Cover Story
- His Honor - Patrick Impreveduto
- Carol Stillwell - Business Leader, Philanthropist, Equestrian
- A Commanding Presence
- DayTripper: Princeton
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- DayTripper: NJ Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Solace Day Spa
- The Guide 2013 - femme by ashley
- Gift Guide - All-County Dermatology
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Health - Bonavita Laser Centers
- Health - Absolute Vein Care
- Traditions - Monteforte
- Two Sides To Every Story: Donnelly-Bowler
- ROHALLION - The Mostafa Family
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Red Bank FrameWorks
- The Home - Design Trends
- The Home - Artistic Tile
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jeanne Patterson
- People on the Move: Maureen Doloughty
- People On The Move - Niki Popyer
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Atlantic Age Management
- The Guide 2013 - Avanti Day Resort
- The Guide 2013 - Folio Art Glass
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - S DeCenzo Designs, LLC
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™