- Around Town
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Family Focus Financial Group
- Best Bet - The Real Estate Boutique
- Cover Story
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Carol Stillwell - Business Leader, Philanthropist, Equestrian
- Kelly Breen
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Giglio Builders
- The Guide 2015 - Northern Valley Affairs
- The Guide 2014 - We Got Lites
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- HWB 2014 - Women's Center
- Health - Caring Dental
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Visual Impact Decorating Gallery
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Cracked Olive Market
- Our Pick - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater
- Company Profile - Lotus Health & Wellness Spa
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jennifer Jacobs
- Valerie Niess - Raising Environmental And Political Awareness
- People On The Move: Kevin O’Malley
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Ashford & Grace Fine Jewelers
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- The Guide 2015 - K9 Resorts Daycare & Luxury Hotel
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™