- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- The Guide 2014 - InHaus Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast - Gerine A. Skamarak
- Cover Story
- Going Solo - Cathy Mumford
- Barry Habib - Creative Entrepreneur
- A Story Like No Other - Jim Nantz
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Awning Design
- The Guide 2015 - Staten Island Furrier
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health - Chips Salon
- Health - Toetique Foot Spa
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Steven A. Morgan, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
- Our Picks - Visual Impact Decorating
- Our Pick - Artisan Studio
- People On The Move
- Suzanne Pease, Jill-Of-All-Trades
- People On The Move - Adam Lowy
- People On The Move: Fern Esposito
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- The Guide 2015 - Bedford Tax Services
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™