- Around Town
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- AskThe Experts - Frank D'Aponte
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Essential Elements Dance Studio
- The Guide 2014 - Maserati of Central New Jersey
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- Cover Story
- Felipe Rose: Village People's Macho Man
- The Q Factor - Quincy Mumford
- Dutchess of Dearborn
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Ginger’s Day Spa
- Gift Guide - Tee Time Golf
- Gift Guide - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- Health Talk
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Cabitron
- The Home Gallery - Logan Construction
- The Home - Sunshine Solar Systems Inc.
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Cutrupi Calderaro Group
- Our Pick - Physicians for Alternative Medicine
- Our Pick: DCH Freehold Nissan
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Gayle Eggan Aanensen
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- People on the Move: Reverend Thomas J. Triggs
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Company Profile - Air Doctors
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™