- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Expert - Wine Academy Superstores
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2014 - Colts Neck Inn
- The Guide 2014 - Maserati of Central New Jersey
- Cover Story
- Still Strumming: Steve Forbert
- Making The Grade: Ross Kasun
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - FRENCHTOWN
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Delicious Orchards
- Gift Guide - Jay’s Shoebox
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Lettuce for Life
- Health - Chips Salon
- Redefining Rooms - The Abrams
- A Combination of Relaxed Elegance
- A Diamond in the Rough - Habib
- Newsletter Articles
- Parker Family Health Center Named Beneficiary
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- Eats: Red
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Wellness Center Pharmacy
- Our Pick - Coldwell Banker Residential Mortgage
- Our Pick: Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Dr. Gerardo Goldberger
- People On The Move - Elizabeth Shea Arthur
- Kids On The Move - Sharon Lin
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- The Guide 2014 - 2 Chicks With Chocolate
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™