- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Ask The Expert - Karen Lozner of Karenís School of Fashion
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Hot Tubs by HotSpring, LLC
- Best Bet - Troost Brothers, Inc
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- Cover Story
- Hunter Baker
- Jim Babjak - Blow to Smithereens
- Perfectly Pitched For Success - Charlie Puth
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- Gift Guide - Jersey Shore Arena
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Health - Fitness
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- The Triple Crown
- Home at Last
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Peoples Home Loans
- HWB 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra
- Our Pick: Jonathan Salon Red Bank
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Mamie Amato Weiss
- People On The Move: Joe Hsia
- People On The Move - Kyle Galante
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Pier Village
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™