- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Dearborn Market
- The Guide 2015 - Brock Farms
- Best Bet - The Spine and Pain Institute of New York
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Ray Catena Auto Group
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Best Bet - Cozmos Hair Color Studio
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Victory Medical Associates
- Health - Red Bank Gastroenterology Associates
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- Michael Hurst Named Managing Director of Two River Theater Company
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- Tracking James - James Gregorio
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - SeaStreak LLC
- Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Rabbi Donald Weber
- Kids On The Move - Meredith Gallagher
- People On The Move - Elizabeth Shea Arthur
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- Company Profile: RUMC - Dr. Philip E. Otterbeck
- The Guide 2014 - AnA Custom Closets
- Company Profile - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™