- Around Town
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Total Vein and Rejuvenation Center
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - SI Cruise Club & My Going Places Travel
- Best Bet - By Design Landscapes, Inc
- Best Bet - Homeclick Lighting
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Day Tripper - Momouth Park
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- Monmouth Eat Beat - It’s Greek to Me
- Eats: Mumford's Culinary Center
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Gift Guide - Encompass Outdoors
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Air Doctors, Inc.
- Health - Mosaic Day Spa
- Health - haircolorxperts
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Home at Last
- Newsletter Articles
- Company Profile - Cunningham Orthopaedics
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Gallery - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- People On The Move - Tracey Dell
- People on the Move: Karen Nealis
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™