- Around Town
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Operation Provide Comfort
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- Best Bet - Atlantic Architectural Millwork
- Cover Story
- Model Citizen
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Nina Sophia Waga Mojares
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Staje The Boutique
- Gift Guide - Northshore Menswear
- Gift Guide - Mercedes-Benz of Freehold
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Health - Associated Pain Specialists
- HWB 2014 - Retina Consultants
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Inn
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- The Home - Red Bank FrameWorks
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Vianney Institute of Learning
- Our Pick - Capital Paint Centers
- Our Pick - Tommy’s Coal Fired Pizza
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sam Fieramosca
- People On The Move - Chris Dell
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- The Guide 2014 - CoCo Pari Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™