- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Joe Adelfio of Closettec NJ
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Spas
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Instone
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- The Home Q&A - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Mathnasium
- Company Profile - Gianna’s Italian Restaurant
- Our Pick - Monmouth Dental Group
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Wendy Lasater
- Kids On The Move: Danielle D’Elia
- People On The Move - Gayle Eggan Aanensen
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- Company Profile - Rosen Decorators
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™