- Around Town
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - CheckMate Communications
- Best Bet - Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- The Guide 2014 - Nina Ferrer Design
- Cover Story
- Acing It All - Michael Lippens
- Carol Stillwell - Business Leader, Philanthropist, Equestrian
- Precious Metals - Jim Gary
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Perfect Smile
- Gift Guide - Appliance Brokers Ltd.
- The Guide 2014 - Ski Barn
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Health - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Health - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S., P.A.
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Design Trends
- The Home - Rosen Decorators
- Tracking James - James Gregorio
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Only Perfect Parties
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- Our Pick - Everafter Furniture
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Adam Lowy
- People On The Move: Peggy Gamza
- Kids On The Move: Danielle DíElia
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womenís Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Downtown Tile
- The Guide 2014 - L Furs
- The Guide 2015 - Family Focus Financial Group
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Rodmanís Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Joey Dís
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™