- Around Town
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Ask The Expert - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- Best Bet - Red Bank Radiologists
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- Cover Story
- Twelve - The Hayes Family
- Pete Harnisch - Bringing It Home
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Lincroft Village Jewelers - Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - David Burke Fromagerie
- Gift Guide -Grand Designs Doors, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health 2014 - Looking Good, Staying Healthy!
- Health - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S., P.A.
- Anthony Marchese - In Prime Style
- Out of the Park - Masucci
- Homes: Classically Inspired - A family’s heritage and traditions guide a dramatic interior
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- Judy Serhus - NJAR Circle of Excellence Gold Award Winner
- Asbury Park
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Ashford & Grace Fine Jewelers
- Our Pick - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Our Pick - Coldwell Banker Residential Mortgage
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sophie Garito
- People On The Move - Sal Guastella
- People On The Move - Dr. Gerardo Goldberger
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - XCEL Club
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- The Home - Giglio Builders
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™