- Around Town
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - CoCo Pari Boutique
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Care One at Jackson
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath
- Cover Story
- Still Strumming: Steve Forbert
- Jessica Silverman - Model Behavior
- Bob Kaldor: More than Surviving
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Chapel Hill Dental Arts
- Gift Guide - All-County Dermatology
- Gift Guide - Best Buy
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- Our Picks
- The Home - Top Line Appliance Center
- Our Pick: Cavallo Construction Company
- Great Date Now
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- People On The Move - Chad Clayton
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Guide 2013 - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- The Guide 2013 - Merri-Makers Catering
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™