- Around Town
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- Tigger House Foundation Fights Heroin and Prescription Opioid Epidemic
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Ask The Experts
- Jim ONeill - Event Sales Director
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Ashford & Grace Fine Jewelers
- Best Bet - StyleBar Spa and Salon
- The Guide 2015 - Contemporary Motor Cars
- Cover Story
- John D'Leo - The Kid's Got Skills
- Mike Petke - New York Red Bulls Head Coach
- PIX11 Anchor Sukanya Krishnan
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Staten Island EatBeat - Campania Coal Fired Pizza
- Eats: Branches Catering
- Staten Island EatBeat - Da Nico Ristorante
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - AnA Custom Closets
- Gift Guide - Sport Honda
- Best Bet - StyleBar Spa and Salon
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - Tom Walsh, Owner European Wax Center Shrewsbury
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- ProFysio Physical Therapy
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2016 - Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- HWB 2016 - CareOne at Holmdel
- Health - Institute for Weight Loss
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Elegant Transformation - The Rinaldi's
- A Combination of Relaxed Elegance
- The Niedzielski Family
- Newsletter Articles
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Dermatology Centers of NJ
- Home Away From Home Academy
- Health Talk - Bill Arnold, President and CEO of Monmouth Medical Center
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Maureen Doloughty
- People On The Move: Tony Abbatiello
- People on the Move: Reverend Thomas J. Triggs
- Summer Guide
- Best Bet - The Boondocks Fishery Red Bank
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Best Bet - The Burr Law Group
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Galaxy Toyota
- 2016 Guide - Piero's Restaurant & Banquet Hall
- The Guide 2015 - Daszkowski, Tompkins, Weg & Carbonella CPA PC
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™