- Around Town
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Lindabury McCormick
- The Guide 2014 - Paramount Oral Surgery
- Best Bet - Montage Decor Inc.
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Eats: The Colts Neck Inn
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Our Pick - Sofra Turkish Cuisine
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - L Furs
- Gift Guide - Marc Ecko Cut and Sew
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Lettuce for Life
- Health - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Elegant and Inviting, The Bellomos Home Offers Warmth to Friends and Family
- Life with an OCEAN VIEW
- The Coriolans - An Eclectic Estate
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Feels Like Home
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Pride Home Improvements
- The Home Gallery - Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- The Home - Creating A Home Office
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Advanced Surgical & Bariatrics of NJ
- Company Profile - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha
- Health - Caroline Glicksman, MD
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Kari Mentonis
- People On The Move - Reverend Monsignor Eugene M. Rebeck
- People On The Move - David S. Baker
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Troost Brothers, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- The Home Guide
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
- The Home - Giglio Builders
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™