- Around Town
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Cover Story
- Felicia Stoler: Spreading Health With A Little TLC
- Fly Like An Eagle - Howie Roseman
- JoAnn Kairys
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - ClockWorks Development Group
- Gift Guide - Reliable Construction Services of New Jersey
- Gift Guide - Grounds Keeper, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Atlantic Age Management
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Newsletter Articles
- Red Bank Gastroenterology - Advertorial
- Dr. Peter Staats - Physician of the Year
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- Our Picks
- Health - NJ Shore Fit
- Our Pick: Folio Art Glass
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Bruce Baron
- People On The Move - Glenn Harbour
- People On The Move: Ester Kluge
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Cracked Olive Market
- The Guide 2014 - We Got Lites
- The Guide 2014 - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
- The Home Guide - King Remodeling
- The Home Guide - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™