- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- The Guide 2015 - Casale Jewelers
- Cover Story
- Dana Canedy - A Gift For Jordan
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- Peter Criss - Nine Lives & Counting
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Design Line Kitchens
- The Guide 2015 - Ray Catena Maserati
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- Health Talk
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Kensington Court
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Shabby Chic & Chandeliers - The Brillers
- Continuing Stories - The Bianchinos
- A Labor of Love - The Salems
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- It's All in the Details
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- JOHN DIAS ANNOUNCED AS ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF TWO RIVER THEATER CO.
- Caring Heart Coronary Imaging Gives Families Hope
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Sparano Face & Nasal Institute
- Company Profile - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Our Pick - Home Living Furniture
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sophie Garito
- People On The Move: Ken Schwartz
- People On The Move - Jeffrey Morgan
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Red Bank River Center
- The Guide 2015 - CoCo Pari
- The Guide 2014 - Avanti Day Resort
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™