- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- Cover Story
- Susan Wigenton - United States District Judge
- Kim Guadagno - New Jersey's First Lieutenant Governor
- A Commanding Presence
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- Gift Guide - The Towne Florist
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- The Triple Crown
- It's All in the Details
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Artistic Tile
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance Gallery
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Pilates Space LLC
- Our Pick - Lowy’s Moving Service
- Our Pick - Fred Astaire Red Bank
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Kendall Valentin
- People On The Move - Melissa Ziobro
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- The Guide 2014 - Physicians For Alternative Medicine
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - King Remodeling
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™