- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Career Gaudium
- Best Bet - The Healthy Palate
- The Guide 2014 - Zio Toto Italian Restaurant
- Cover Story
- Feature: Shaun Golden
- Stay Tooned - Keep an eye on Long Branch’s Michael Attardi – Animation’s New Maestro
- George Joynson: History Detective
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- Gift Guide - The Sport Spot
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Restorative Health Alliance
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Health - Lettuce for Life
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- A Seductive Re-Imaging - The Keeleys
- Completely Custom - The Campillays
- Menikheim: Homespun Elegance
- Newsletter Articles
- Company Profile - BMW of Freehold
- Our Pick: Visual Impact Decorating
- Weigh In - What is the worst gift you ever received?
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Our Pick: Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Company Profile - Cabitron Fine Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Serena DiMaso
- Brad Greenberg - Caretaker For A Town
- People On The Move - Tracey Dell
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - JOE HURLEY INC.
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™