- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Creating A Company Culture - Resources Real Estate
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Vincent Hager
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- 2016 Guide - Style Bar Spa and Salon
- The Guide 2014 - Crown Elegance Bridal
- Best Bet - The Spine and Pain Institute of New York
- Cover Story
- A Major League Success - John Valentin
- Passion for Pop - Joe Petruccio
- John D'Leo - The Kid's Got Skills
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Day Tripper - Whitesbog Village
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Everafter Furniture
- Best Bet - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Gift Guide - David Burke Fromagerie
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Our Pick - Riverview Medical Center
- Health 2014 - Your Smile Sends A Message
- Health - Dr. Louis B. Conte
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Affordable Garage Doors
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Gallery - ABL
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Yvette Bonfiglio
- Kids On The Move - Matthew Welch
- People On The Move - Arthur Davey
- Summer Guide
- Our Pick 2016 - George Wall Lincoln
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Best Bet - The Burr Law Group
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Auto Exotica Inc
- The Guide 2014 - Pelican Shops
- 2016 Guide - SMB Studio Arts Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™