- Around Town
- Eagle Oaks Country Club Hosts 8th Annual Honor Day
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - The Brielle at Seaview
- Best Bet - Grand Design Doors
- 2016 Guide - Piero's Restaurant & Banquet Hall
- Cover Story
- Jim Babjak - Blow to Smithereens
- Jersey Boy - Jim Florentine
- Bob Ojeda - An Extra Inning
- Central Jersey EatBeat - JUST Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Surv Kitchen & Lounge
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Ama Ristorante
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Health Talk
- Health - Atrium Post Acute Care
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Blog - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Health 2015 - Radiology
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick: Visual Impact Decorating
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- The View: The Bereznyaks
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Serena DiMaso
- People On The Move - Chris Wood
- People on the Move: Barry Mohr
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Li Greci's Staaten
- The Guide 2014 - AnA Custom Closets
- The Guide 2014 - Miles Ahead Sports
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home - JGS Insurance
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™