- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Nina Ferrer Design
- Best Bet - NY Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Cover Story
- Dave Scotti - Originality Is The Name of The Game
- Dr. Yong and Moon Choo…On a Fascinating Life Journey.
- Taylor Totland – The Shotmaker
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Mikes - We Buy Gold
- Gift Guide - McKay Imaging Photography Studio & Gallery
- Gift Guide - Pine Belt Nissan
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - NJ Shore Fit
- Health - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Health - Avatar Spa
- Newsletter Articles
- Company Profile - BMW of Freehold
- The Home Gallery - Kitchen and Bath Showroom
- The Home - Affordable Garage Doors
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jackie Mercandetti
- People On The Move - Rabbi Donald Weber
- People On The Move - Dr. Tricia Gilbert
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Seasonal World
- The Guide 2014 - Physicians For Alternative Medicine
- The Guide 2014 - Rosen Decorators
- The Home Guide
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - Monmouth Beach Plantation
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™