- Around Town
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- The Guide 2015 - Home Living Furniture
- The Guide 2015 - Audi Freehold
- Cover Story
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Forward Progress - Wayne Chrebet JS
- Making Headlines - Jim Driscoll
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Great Atlantic Porch Company
- Gift Guide - The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
- Best Bet - The Real Estate Boutique
- Health Talk
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Caroline Glicksman, MD
- Health - Pilates Space, LLC.
- Health 2014 - LIVING Pain-Free
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Cortez Cigars
- The Home Gallery - Kitchen and Bath Showroom
- A Notable Man: Jim Cirronella
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tracey Dell
- People On The Move - Chris Dell
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- The Guide 2015 - 732-Express
- The Guide 2015 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™