- Around Town
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - AnA Custom Closets
- The Guide 2015 - Bentley Edison
- The Guide 2015 - Family Focus Financial Group
- Day Tripper - Snug Harbor
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - Lakota Wolf Preserve
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Health Talk
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Health Talk - Kristin Belen, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Everything Old is New Again - A Monmouth Beach Classic Shore Colonial Reinvented
- Pretty as a Picture
- Impeccable Style
- Living in Colts Neck
- La Bella Vita!
- Home at Last
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Wine Academy Superstores
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- VNA Health Group Holiday Dinner Dance
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Cabitron Fine Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry
- Our Pick - Country Clean Paper Supplies
- HWB 2015 - CareOne
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- People On The Move - Taralynn Vecchio
- Kids On The Move - Eesha Ramanujam
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Nina Ferrer
- Company Profile - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- The Guide 2015 - Alycia's Bistro
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™