- Around Town
- DermOne Welcomes Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Voyagers Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - John Coscia of AJC Advisors
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Appliance Brokers Ltd.
- Best Bet - Eurowax
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Staten Island EatBeat - Maxs Es-Ca
- Popular Daily Specials Return to AMA Ristorante
- Eat Beat - Sam Vera Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- Gift Guide - Gingers Day Spa
- The Guide 2016 - Visage Hair Studio NYC
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Kristin Belen, M.D.
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Health - Institute for Weight Loss
- Joslin Diabetes Center, Affliate at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Living In History - Sgroi
- Riverwind - A Little Bit of Iowa on the Navesink
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- Living in Colts Neck
- All The Pretty Horses
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Atlantic Medical Imaging - Musculoskeletal Imaging
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite, Inc.
- Parker Family Health Center Named Beneficiary
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Morgan Steinhacker
- People On The Move - Dennis Dayan
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath
- 2016 Guide - Massage Envy Spa - Holmdel
- The Guide 2015 - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™