- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- Best Bet - Aqualand Pools
- 2016 Guide - Northern Valley Affairs
- Cover Story
- Dana Canedy - A Gift For Jordan
- Barry Habib - Creative Entrepreneur
- Dave Scotti - Originality Is The Name of The Game
- Day Tripper - National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Colts Neck Inn
- Best Bet - DSM Enterprises Inc.
- Gift Guide - Restorative Health Alliance
- Health Talk
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health Talk - GENESIS Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Studio 455 Hair Salon
- Health - haircolorxperts
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- La Bella Vita!
- All The Pretty Horses
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick: Visual Impact Decorating
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- Our Pick: Marlboro Dental Arts, PC
- Our Picks
- Best Bet - Curated Home
- Our Pick - Kol Marble & Granite
- HWB 2015 - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Bob Cutrupi
- People On The Move: Mark Malek
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Anemos Greek
- 2016 Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- 2016 Guide - Northshore Menswear & Womenswear
- The Home Guide
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
4 Swimming River Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Sea Girt Office:
548 Washington Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
The age-old question for all parents out there: When is the appropriate time or age for my son or daughter to wear braces?
The Cuozzo Orthodontic approach is to start treatment at the correct time, which is when the patient has lost the majority of their baby teeth. This gives our patients the fastest treatment time possible with the least amount of office visits. You should expect a beautiful smile and your orthodontic treatment completed ON TIME. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation at age 7 or 8. This does NOT mean that all children need intervention at this age. However, there are instances where early orthodontic treatment is indicated.
For parents reading this, what do you think are the most common misconceptions that you run into on a regular basis, and can you help clarify?
One of the most common misconceptions I hear in my office is that braces cause staining or marks on the teeth. Braces do not cause staining and marks. Poor brushing habits during orthodontic treatment are the cause of irreversible staining and marks on your teeth. In my office, we recommend that our patients brush for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times per day. It is also recommended that patients see their dentist every 6 months for hygiene visits to check for cavities.
If you were advising someone about selecting an orthodontist, what would be some of the criteria or things you might look for to narrow down the search?
First, you want to make sure he or she is truly a board certified orthodontist. An orthodontist has two or three years of special training after dental school. To find a board certified orthodontist or to check for board certification, you can visit www.AmericanBoardOrtho.com.
With the economy being what it is, are there any payment terms and plans available to patients who may need a little help?
In my office, we offer a plan that requires a small down payment followed by interest-free monthly payments over the course of 18 or 24 months.
Can you share some of the new advances in technology or inroads made over the last 10 to 15 years?
One of the most effective new advancements that technology has provided is the ability to take 3D X-rays in our office. Having a 3D image is a valuable diagnostic tool that aids in seeing the exact position of an impacted tooth or the level of bone for the placement of an implant.
Dr. Patrick Cuozzo graduated from the University of Maryland and went on to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Pat joined his family-owned practice in 1997 and has two state-of-the-art offices located in Lincroft and Sea Girt. Dr. Pat continues to keep up on the latest technology and techniques by teaching in the Orthodontics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
Powered by eDirectory™