- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Resources Real Estate Receives Nominations For Excellence
- Voyagers Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - The Law Firm of Kevin P. McKernan
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- Best Bet - Rysers Landcape Supply
- Cover Story
- Precious Metals - Jim Gary
- Peter Criss - Nine Lives & Counting
- Racing Royalty - Joe Bongiorno
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - School Daze
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health - Medimorphosis Medical
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Health - Red Bank Gastroenterology Associates
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Our Picks
- Health - DeeAnna Merz Nagel
- Our Pick - Lighting World
- Our Pick - Ken Licata and Trisha Licata
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Darrell Reid
- People On The Move - Lillie Hendry
- People On The Move - Mitchell Remig
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Our Pick 2016 - George Wall Lincoln
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Malvern School
- The Guide 2014 - Redhead Photography
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you cant help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrezs main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal, says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall unfussy feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierezs have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a work in progress, we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™