- Around Town
- Creating A Company Culture - Resources Real Estate
- Eagle Oaks Country Club Hosts 8th Annual Honor Day
- Sportika Ground Breaking Ceremony
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask The Experts: Dr. John M. Young
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Lure Lash of Metuchen
- The Guide 2015 - Lighting World
- The Guide 2015 - Staten Island Furrier
- Cover Story
- Retired Mets Pitcher John Franco
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- No Horsing Around
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- HWB 2016 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Maximum Performance Fitness
- Health - Tara Gostovich, DMD Orthodontist
- Health - DeeAnna Merz Nagel
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Riverwind - A Little Bit of Iowa on the Navesink
- Elegant Transformation - The Rinaldi's
- Victorian Splendor
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
- Our Pick - The Manfredi Auto Group
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sean Davis
- People On The Move - Matthew Craw
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Lighting World
- The Guide 2015 - Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club
- The Guide 2015 - LPA Strategic Capital
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you cant help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrezs main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal, says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall unfussy feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierezs have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a work in progress, we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™