- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Everafter Furniture
- The Guide 2015 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Cover Story
- Life's Canvas - Jay Alders
- Max Ehrich - Pursuing His Passion
- PIX11 Anchor Sukanya Krishnan
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Male Ego Barber and Spa
- Best Bet - Gables New York
- The Guide 2015 - Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Company Profile - fostermd
- Health Blog - Joseph T. Mormino, D.D.S.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health - Air Doctors, Inc.
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- Eats: Red
- The Home - Distinctive Custom Masonry Contractors
- The View: The Bereznyaks
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Hot Tubs by HotSpring
- Company Profile - Vascular & Interventional Specialists, PC
- Our Pick - AG&A
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Ken Davis
- People on the Move: Max Fried
- Rhoda Geller - A Coach For Life
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Family Focus Financial Group
- The Guide 2013 - Folio Art Glass
- 2016 Guide - DeMarcos Catering & Gourmet Deli
- The Home Guide
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you cant help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrezs main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal, says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall unfussy feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierezs have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a work in progress, we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™