- Around Town
- Monmouth Medical Center Receives $1 Million Gift from Tigger House
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Karens School of Fashion Creates and Collects Donations for Local High School Kids
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Wine Academy Superstores
- Ask The Expert - Karen Lozner of Karens School of Fashion
- Ask the Expert - Donna Davis, COO Sportika Freehold
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Best Bet - Rysers Landcape Supply
- The Guide 2016 - Jimmy's Fine Jewelry
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Day Tripper - Koziars Christmas Village
- Day Tripper - South Street Seaport NYC
- Eats: Cake Bake & Roll
- Staten Island EatBeat - Campania Coal Fired Pizza
- Eat Beat - Puglia of Red Bank
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Red Bank Sleep Shoppe
- Gift Guide - Restorative Health Alliance
- Gift Guide - Drews Bayshore Bistro
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Medimorphosis Physician Assisted Weight Loss
- Health - High Performance Foot and Ankle Center
- Health - Atrium Post Acute Care
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- ProFysio Physical Therapy
- Health - Freehold Radiology Group
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance - The Spa Experience
- The Home - Artistic Tile
- Atlantic Medical Imaging - Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Lighting World
- Our Pick - LPA Strategic Capital
- Our Pick - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Karen Nealis
- People On The Move - Chris Dell
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- Summer Guide
- Best Bet - The Burr Law Group
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- 2016 Guide - Galaxy Toyota
- The Guide 2014 - Brazen Bras Boutique
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you cant help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrezs main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal, says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall unfussy feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierezs have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a work in progress, we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™