- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Gift Guide - Chapel Hill Dental Arts
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health Talk
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health 2014 - Overcoming Infertility
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- A Notable Man: Jim Cirronella
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Victory Medical Associates
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- Company Profile - Bayshore Community Hospital
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - David S. Baker
- People On The Move: Bethany McGovern
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- The Guide 2014 - Seasonal World
- The Guide 2015 - 732-Express
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™