- Around Town
- Voyagers' Community School - Open House
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - The Cracked Olive Market
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- Best Bet - The Rug Mall
- Cover Story
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- Jim Babjak - Blow to Smithereens
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Day Tripper - South Street Seaport NYC
- DayTripper: NJ Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health Talk
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health 2015 - Hearing Loss
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- WineZag - Choosing a Restaurant Wine List Over Food
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- Company Profile - Cunningham Orthopaedics
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Only Perfect Parties
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Our Pick - Lauren Leo, Agent State Farm Insurance Company
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Ken Schwartz
- People On The Move - Daryl Schwenck
- Carmine Visone teaching important lessons
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- The Guide 2015 - Vovo Clinic
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™