- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Avra Karak
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Aquaspa Day Spa & Nail Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- Best Bet - Artistic Tile
- Cover Story
- Colts Neck's Jacquie Lee
- John D'Leo - The Kid's Got Skills
- Mike Scotti - From the Front Line to the Screen
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Just Restaurant
- The Guide 2014 - Federico’s Landscaping
- Gift Guide - Bark Avenue Puppy Boutique
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Great Care, Close to Home
- Health - Dr. Pamela Levy
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick: Lighting Expo
- The Home Gallery - Monmouth St. Tile
- Rich Ideas- Dos and Don’ts
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - James Yarosh
- People On The Move - Bill Mack
- Kids On The Move - Jacqueline Sodano
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Craft Master Builders Corporation
- The Guide 2014 - Miles Ahead Sports
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Dermatology
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- Our Pick - The Real Estate Boutique
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™