- Around Town
- Business Information
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- The Atlantic Fencing Academy Announces District Winners
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Decorating Den Interiors
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Distinctive Pools Inc.
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Black Friday Gift Guide - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- Gift Guide - Bonnie Cake
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Living in Colts Neck
- It's All in the Details
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Picks: H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- Business Information
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- People On The Move - Mary Connell Gaynor
- People On The Move: Lin Fong-O'Neill
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Diamond Castle
- The Guide 2013 - Anna's Italian Kitchen
- The Guide 2013 - Poor Cat Designs
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Piazza di Roma
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™