- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Relief Source
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- Best Bet - Ryser’s Landcape Supply
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Energy Aide
- Gift Guide - Final Coat Exteriors
- Best Bet - DSM Enterprises Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health 2014 - Great Care, Close to Home
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- Q&A: Town & Country Kitchen and Bath
- Spotlight - Kitchens by Torrone
- Christmastime Dream Routes Through Eastern Germany
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Victoria Masters
- People On The Move - Bo Scannapieeco
- People On The Move - Carl Johnson
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- The Guide 2014 - Ski Barn
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™