- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Ask The Expert - Wine Academy Superstores
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- Best Bet - Modern Elegance Kitchen & Bath Studio
- Cover Story
- Passion for Pop - Joe Petruccio
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide - The Couture Exchange
- Gift Guide - Alfano Kitchen & Bath Renovations
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - All-County Dermatology
- Health - Sports Care & Physical Rehabilitation
- A Better You
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance - The Spa Experience
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Elevate Yoga
- Our Pick - Floor Coverings International
- HWB 2014 - Retina Consultants
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cecil Lear
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- People On The Move: Jesse Greenberg
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond County Country Club
- Company Profile - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™