- Around Town
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- AskThe Expert - Pauline Poyner
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- The Guide 2014 - Home Living Furniture
- The Guide 2014 - Above
- Cover Story
- Breaking News - Brian Thompson
- Carol Stillwell - Business Leader, Philanthropist, Equestrian
- Going Solo - Cathy Mumford
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S.
- Gift Guide - Red Bank Sleep Shoppe
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Solace Day Spa & Salon
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health - Retina Consultants
- Easy Living On A Grand Scale - Alyson and Keith Arnott
- Redefining Rooms - The Abrams
- East Meets West
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.®
- Our Pick - Open Hearts Matchmaking
- Our Pick - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Sue Princitto
- People On The Move - Gayle Eggan Aanensen
- People On The Move - Cheryl A. Krause-Parello
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- Company Profile - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- The Guide 2014 - 2 Chicks With Chocolate
- The Guide 2013 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - New Jersey Best Lawns
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™