- Around Town
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- AMI Foundation Donates More Than 500 lbs. of Food from 6th Annual Food Drive
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Family Focus Financial Group
- Best Bet - Staten Island Fencing Center
- The Guide 2015 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- Cover Story
- Carol Stillwell - Business Leader, Philanthropist, Equestrian
- Red Bank's Mike Petke
- Dutchess of Dearborn
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - DoubleTake
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Gift Guide - La Cashina Ristorante
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - DeeAnna Merz Nagel
- Health Blog - Dr. Wayne A. Aldredge, Holmdel Periodontics
- HWB 2016 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- A Place for Family - The Castelluccis
- Paradise Found In Holmdel
- Legacy Meets Love in a Historic Middletown Home
- Newsletter Articles
- A Seductive Re-Imaging - The Keeleys
- What Finishes a Room?
- The Home Gallery - ABL
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Ray Andersen
- People On The Move - Doreen Catena
- Kids On The Move - Sharon Lin
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Best Bet - The Boondocks Fishery Red Bank
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Liberty Homes of Staten Island, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - The Malvern School
- 2016 Guide - Sandy Hook Yacht Sales
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you cant help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrezs main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal, says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall unfussy feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierezs have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a work in progress, we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™