- Around Town
- Is an independent school the right fit for your child?
- Hubbard Park Real Estate Becomes Exclusive Leverage Global Partner for Rumson, NJ
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Devine Creations Design Center
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- Best Bet - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Gift Guide - Ralco Builders
- Gift Guide - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Health Talk
- HWB 2015 - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Orthopedics
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health - The Solace Day Spa & Salon
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- Our Pick - Cortez Cigars
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite, Inc.
- Our Picks
- Oceanic Capital Management, LLC
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- Our Pick - Waste Management of NJ, Inc.
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Dave Burke
- Kids On The Move - Spencer Krug
- People On The Move: Julie Baron
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Hazlet Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - Crown Elegance Bridal
- The Guide 2015 - Skin And Bones Day Spa
- The Home Guide
- Our Pick - The Real Estate Boutique
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™