- Around Town
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Ask The Experts
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Renaissance Pilates Red Bank
- Best Bet - IVF New Jersey
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Lifestyles Medical
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- The Guide 2015 - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health - Dr. Pamela Levy
- Health - Chips Salon
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Elegant Transformation - The Rinaldi's
- Yellow Brook Farm - A Post and Beam Approach Leads a Path to Timeless Design
- Old World Charm: The Lowys
- Newsletter Articles
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- The Home - Monmouth St Tile
- Architectural Accents Kitchen Showcase
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Liz Leonardis
- People On The Move: Joe Hsia
- People On The Move - Melissa Ziobro
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Pine Tavern
- The Guide 2015 - Red White & Blue Contracting
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™