- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Oasis Backyard Garden
- The Guide 2015 - Gold Leaf Jewelers
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- Cover Story
- Calling The Shots
- Feature: Michael DiGiacomo
- Dylan Bryan – Playing the Best Hand in the World
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Daytripper: Hunter Mountain
- Eat Beat - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Eats: Tuscany Italian Specialty Food
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Nevada Exchange Trading Post Outlet
- Gift Guide: Brock Farms
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Dermatology
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - haircolorxperts
- Health - Rumson Therapeutic & Sports Massage Center
- Health 2014 - Taking your Workout Outside
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- Duffy Personal Training Q&A
- Our Pick: Marlboro Dental Arts, PC
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign®
- Company Profile - CareOne
- Our Pick - Jaguar Monmouth
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Peggy Karaban
- People On The Move - James Yarosh
- People On The Move - Roddy Wildeman
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Health Talk - GENESIS Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- The Guide 2015 - Town & Country Kitchen & Bath
- The Guide 2014 - The Pine Tavern
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™