- Around Town
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Carolyn Welsh
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- Best Bet - Voyagers' Community School
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- Cover Story
- James Livengood
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Scott Rasmussen
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - CoCo Pari
- Gift Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Guide 2014 - Interiors by Decorating Den
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Aroma Skin Care & Day Spa
- Health - AMG Family Dentistry
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Following the Natural Progression - The Edelman Family
- Inspired by the Arts
- A Grand Home for Living - Harris
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
- People On The Move: Keith Stephens Buff
- People On The Move - Nick Blanchard
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2013 - Merri-Makers Catering
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Richmond Tile & Bath
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™