- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Home Living Furniture
- Best Bet - Montage Decor Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Visage Hair Studio
- Cover Story
- Stay Tooned - Keep an eye on Long Branch’s Michael Attardi – Animation’s New Maestro
- George Joynson: History Detective
- Flying HIgh
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Aspirin...please.
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Atlantic Medicine & Wellness
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Mancini Giuffre Salon and Spa
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Orthopaedics
- HWB 2014 - CareOne
- HWB 2014 - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Two Sides To Every Story: Donnelly-Bowler
- Romancing the Tudor - The Haverlins Brighten Tradition with a Personal Touch
- Life with an OCEAN VIEW
- Newsletter Articles
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Weigh In - What is the worst gift you ever received?
- Bill Britton-Director of Golf Instruction
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Space Odyssey USA
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- Our Pick - Castle Couture
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Kevin O’Malley
- People On The Move - Pete Davidson
- People On The Move - Sean Davis
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- Our Pick - Craft Master Builders Corporation
- The Guide 2015 - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home - JGS Insurance
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™