- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- The Guide 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Best Bet - NY Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Health - The Wellness Center Pharmacy & Surgical
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- Health - Inferno Training
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey
- Company Profile - World Subaru
- Our Pick - Ralco Builders
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Karen Nealis
- People On The Move - Jon Hornik
- People On The Move - Jenn Lukowiak
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Hazlet Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - Brazen Bras Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater NJ
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
It's All in the Details
02/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande tours the Colts Neck home of interior designer Rob Hesslein and his wife Laurie.
What first attracted Rob and Laurie Hesslein of Colts Neck to their new house was that it reminded them of an old shingle style manor home. When they saw the inside for the first time with its extensive use of moldings, arches, pillars and double tray ceilings, they were sold. The interior had that ideal mix of sophistication and warmth. Perhaps what was most important was that the Hesslein home was comfortable and provided the perfect setting for family get-togethers.
The great room stands out with its fresh cream-colored walls and iced turquoise window treatments made of luxurious silk, which accents the room exceptionally well. The overall style of the home is eclectic, utilizing many different periods and styles. The Hessleins have collected art for over 15 years and continue to add to their collection. The house sits on almost six acres of land and is approximately 8,500 square feet.
Rob, an interior designer and the President of The H Group LLC, said “It was all in the details.” The charming moldings and soaring ceilings give the house an airy feel reminiscent of another time. They contracted on the house when it was about 70% completed, and were able to personalize and enhance the house to their liking.
Powered by eDirectory™