- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Jayne S. Carmody School Dedication
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert - Dr. John W. Griffith of Ranney School
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Cover Story
- Mike Scotti - From the Front Line to the Screen
- Mike Petke - New York Red Bulls Head Coach
- Flying HIgh
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - Whitesbog Village
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Its Greek to Me
- Central Jersey EatBeat - JUST Restaurant
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Holmdel Orthodontics
- The Guide 2015 - Lindabury McCormick
- Best Bet - Lure Lash of Metuchen
- Health Talk
- AMI Womens Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Advanced Body Rehabilitation Center
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- HWB 2015 - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Living History On A Gentleman's Farm - The Griswolds
- Victorian Splendor - Eaton
- Homes: Classically Inspired - A familys heritage and traditions guide a dramatic interior
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- The Home - Agostino Antiques Gallery
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Lianne Brock
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- People On The Move - Chris Wood
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Jaguar Land Rover of Monmouth
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- The Guide 2015 - It's Greek To Me
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Joey Ds
Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
08/22/2010 - By Gayle Davis
AN ACTORS PERFECT HARMONY
If it werent for a friends inspiration when Zach was only 9 years old, this college freshman from Marlboro may have never known that he had such a powerful voice - and acting talent, too! Zach says his friend Tyler Fallon convinced the sports enthusiast to partake in community theater with him. Miller says, Ever since that day, I havent stopped performing! In fact, looking back, Zach says, I used to be really bad, tooI kind of grew into myself over the years. He credits his vocal coach, at the time, Mona Greenberg, for working with him to develop his voice into what it is today.
Zach recently graduated from Howell High Schools Fine and Performing Arts Center and gained invaluable experience while there. Miller says, I dont know where I would be without spending the last four years at Howell. They have helped me so much in terms of acting, music and dance. The faculty is so strong, they changed my entire vision in performing. He gives tribute to Regina McAllen, the vocal teacher at the school. Zach says he would have never dreamed of singing classical music if he hadnt worked with her. McAllen tapped Miller to audition for All Shore Choir; not only was he accepted, but was also named the All Shore Scholarship Recipient for 2010. In addition to All Shore Chorus, he was only one of three kids to make it into All State Chorus his freshman year! Through his experience with both choirs he mastered site singing (seeing a piece of music and being able to sing it on the spot). The Howell High Grad certainly has left his mark; Miller was named the most accomplished singer in the High Schools history!
Zach is also the recipient of the Algonquin Arts Theatre Rising Stars Award. He says, After hundreds of vocal submissions from around the state were received by the Theatre in Manasquan, five were chosen, and I was one of them. It was awesome because I got to meet many prominent classical singers, musicians and pianists and I learned so much. The Cabaret for Life Organization is a non profit singing group that Zach is also involved with that helps to raise money for specific diseases such as AIDS and Cancer. He adds, Its really exciting to be a part of something that gives back to people who arent as fortunate. Another way the Marlboro resident gives back is by being involved in the Challenger Theatre Program where he works with kids who have Autism.
For the last year and half, the 16 year old has been studying with Jay Winston, an alumni of Northwestern Universitys School of Music, based in Matawan. Pop, Classical and Musical Theater are the three styles of music that Zach really enjoys, and he dabbles in Opera, too! He says, I really focus on trying to sing each type of music, but my favorite style to sing or perform is pop music. I love to put on a Jason Mraz CD in my car and just belt it out!
Believe it or not, Zach says he considered himself more of an actor than a singer before he entered Howell High School. He has always wanted to act and was granted many opportunities to participate in all the shows he was able to audition for.
Finding the balance between his love for sports along with acting and singing is something that Miller makes sure he saves time for. He says, Its still fun to break away and play baseball with my friends and other sports that I love. Zach also likes to play the piano, chess and ping pong and also enjoys going to the beach and hanging out by the pool.
Zach is excited about furthering his craft at Penn State University where he is majoring in Musical Theatre and was lucky enough to have secured a couple of vocal-related scholarships. Miller hopes after graduating college that he will have a career that will include performing, writing, composing and directing.
To see and hear Zach Miller perform log onto www.youtube.com and search for zachattack56.
My Cousin Vinny
Driving while texting or talking on the cell phone
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Luciano Pavarotti, Michael Buble, Gerard Butler
Powered by eDirectory™