- Around Town
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Marlboro Medical Arts Building
- Ask The Experts
- Oceana Designs
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Eastpointe Health & Fitness
- The Guide 2015 - DeMarcos Catering & Gourmet Deli
- The Guide 2015 - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign
- Cover Story
- Jersey Boy - Jim Florentine
- Passion for Pop - Joe Petruccio
- Dr. Yong and Moon ChooOn a Fascinating Life Journey.
- Day Tripper - National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- Day Tripper - Momouth Park
- Eats: Grape Beginnings
- Eat Beat - Zio Toto Ristorante
- Staten Island EatBeat - Chinar On The Island
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- The Guide 2014 - InHaus Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
- Custom Photo and Framing - Gift Guide
- Health Talk
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Mancini Giuffre Salon and Spa
- Health Blog - CareOne at King James
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Our Pick - Sports Care & Physical Rehabilitation
- Health - Skyn
- Health - Dr. Louis B. Conte
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- An International Twist on Tradition - Sucharitha Reddy
- East Meets West
- Victorian Splendor - Eaton
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - John Cortese Masons
- AMI Honored As NJ BIZ Healthcare Hero
- The Home Gallery - Kitchen and Bath Showroom
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - European Wax Center
- Our Pick - Ray Catena Maserati
- Our Pick - Valina Salon & Day Spa
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Major Gregory Penczak
- Nick Mishoe - Dancing In The National Spotlight
- People On The Move - Lillie Hendry
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Our Pick 2016 - George Wall Lincoln
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Bentley Edison
- The Guide 2015 - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Our Pick - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
08/22/2010 - By Gayle Davis
AN ACTORS PERFECT HARMONY
If it werent for a friends inspiration when Zach was only 9 years old, this college freshman from Marlboro may have never known that he had such a powerful voice - and acting talent, too! Zach says his friend Tyler Fallon convinced the sports enthusiast to partake in community theater with him. Miller says, Ever since that day, I havent stopped performing! In fact, looking back, Zach says, I used to be really bad, tooI kind of grew into myself over the years. He credits his vocal coach, at the time, Mona Greenberg, for working with him to develop his voice into what it is today.
Zach recently graduated from Howell High Schools Fine and Performing Arts Center and gained invaluable experience while there. Miller says, I dont know where I would be without spending the last four years at Howell. They have helped me so much in terms of acting, music and dance. The faculty is so strong, they changed my entire vision in performing. He gives tribute to Regina McAllen, the vocal teacher at the school. Zach says he would have never dreamed of singing classical music if he hadnt worked with her. McAllen tapped Miller to audition for All Shore Choir; not only was he accepted, but was also named the All Shore Scholarship Recipient for 2010. In addition to All Shore Chorus, he was only one of three kids to make it into All State Chorus his freshman year! Through his experience with both choirs he mastered site singing (seeing a piece of music and being able to sing it on the spot). The Howell High Grad certainly has left his mark; Miller was named the most accomplished singer in the High Schools history!
Zach is also the recipient of the Algonquin Arts Theatre Rising Stars Award. He says, After hundreds of vocal submissions from around the state were received by the Theatre in Manasquan, five were chosen, and I was one of them. It was awesome because I got to meet many prominent classical singers, musicians and pianists and I learned so much. The Cabaret for Life Organization is a non profit singing group that Zach is also involved with that helps to raise money for specific diseases such as AIDS and Cancer. He adds, Its really exciting to be a part of something that gives back to people who arent as fortunate. Another way the Marlboro resident gives back is by being involved in the Challenger Theatre Program where he works with kids who have Autism.
For the last year and half, the 16 year old has been studying with Jay Winston, an alumni of Northwestern Universitys School of Music, based in Matawan. Pop, Classical and Musical Theater are the three styles of music that Zach really enjoys, and he dabbles in Opera, too! He says, I really focus on trying to sing each type of music, but my favorite style to sing or perform is pop music. I love to put on a Jason Mraz CD in my car and just belt it out!
Believe it or not, Zach says he considered himself more of an actor than a singer before he entered Howell High School. He has always wanted to act and was granted many opportunities to participate in all the shows he was able to audition for.
Finding the balance between his love for sports along with acting and singing is something that Miller makes sure he saves time for. He says, Its still fun to break away and play baseball with my friends and other sports that I love. Zach also likes to play the piano, chess and ping pong and also enjoys going to the beach and hanging out by the pool.
Zach is excited about furthering his craft at Penn State University where he is majoring in Musical Theatre and was lucky enough to have secured a couple of vocal-related scholarships. Miller hopes after graduating college that he will have a career that will include performing, writing, composing and directing.
To see and hear Zach Miller perform log onto www.youtube.com and search for zachattack56.
My Cousin Vinny
Driving while texting or talking on the cell phone
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Luciano Pavarotti, Michael Buble, Gerard Butler
Powered by eDirectory™