- Around Town
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Meridian Weightless
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- The Guide 2015 - Gerald Peters Goldmine Jewelers
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Health Talk
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Feels Like Home
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- What Finishes a Room?
- The Home Gallery - Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- The Home - Cabitron
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Express Limo
- Company Profile - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- Our Pick - Top Line Appliance Center
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Liz Leonardis
- People On The Move - Jon Hornik
- Larry Fink caring, focused, and concerned environmentalist
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- The Guide 2015 - Bark Avenue Puppies
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
- The Home Guide - Downtown Tile
- The Home Guide - triSpace interiors
Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
08/22/2010 - By Gayle Davis
AN ACTOR’S PERFECT HARMONY
If it weren’t for a friend’s inspiration when Zach was only 9 years old, this college freshman from Marlboro may have never known that he had such a powerful voice - and acting talent, too! Zach says his friend Tyler Fallon convinced the sports enthusiast to partake in community theater with him. Miller says, “Ever since that day, I haven’t stopped performing!” In fact, looking back, Zach says, “I used to be really bad, too…I kind of grew into myself over the years.” He credits his vocal coach, at the time, Mona Greenberg, for working with him to develop his voice into what it is today.
Zach recently graduated from Howell High School’s Fine and Performing Arts Center and gained invaluable experience while there. Miller says, “I don’t know where I would be without spending the last four years at Howell. They have helped me so much in terms of acting, music and dance. The faculty is so strong, they changed my entire vision in performing.” He gives tribute to Regina McAllen, the vocal teacher at the school. Zach says he would have never dreamed of singing “classical” music if he hadn’t worked with her. McAllen tapped Miller to audition for All Shore Choir; not only was he accepted, but was also named the “All Shore Scholarship Recipient for 2010.” In addition to All Shore Chorus, he was only one of three kids to make it into All State Chorus his freshman year! Through his experience with both choirs he mastered “site singing” (seeing a piece of music and being able to sing it on the spot). The Howell High Grad certainly has left his mark; Miller was named the most accomplished singer in the High School’s history!
Zach is also the recipient of the Algonquin Arts Theatre Rising Stars Award. He says, “After hundreds of vocal submissions from around the state were received by the Theatre in Manasquan, five were chosen, and I was one of them. It was awesome because I got to meet many prominent classical singers, musicians and pianists and I learned so much.” The Cabaret for Life Organization is a non profit singing group that Zach is also involved with that helps to raise money for specific diseases such as AIDS and Cancer. He adds, “It’s really exciting to be a part of something that gives back to people who aren’t as fortunate.” Another way the Marlboro resident gives back is by being involved in the Challenger Theatre Program where he works with kids who have Autism.
For the last year and half, the 16 year old has been studying with Jay Winston, an alumni of Northwestern University’s School of Music, based in Matawan. Pop, Classical and Musical Theater are the three styles of music that Zach really enjoys, and he dabbles in Opera, too! He says, “I really focus on trying to sing each type of music, but my favorite style to sing or perform is pop music. I love to put on a Jason Mraz CD in my car and just belt it out!”
Believe it or not, Zach says he considered himself more of an actor than a singer before he entered Howell High School. He has always wanted to act and was granted many opportunities to participate in all the shows he was able to audition for.
Finding the balance between his love for sports along with acting and singing is something that Miller makes sure he saves time for. He says, “It’s still fun to break away and play baseball with my friends and other sports that I love.” Zach also likes to play the piano, chess and ping pong and also enjoys going to the beach and hanging out by the pool.
Zach is excited about furthering his craft at Penn State University where he is majoring in Musical Theatre and was lucky enough to have secured a couple of vocal-related scholarships. Miller hopes after graduating college that he will have a career that will include performing, writing, composing and directing.
To see and hear Zach Miller perform log onto www.youtube.com and search for zachattack56.
“My Cousin Vinny”
Driving while texting or talking on the cell phone
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Luciano Pavarotti, Michael Buble, Gerard Butler
Powered by eDirectory™