- Around Town
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Luis Pereira of Stone World
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Ink Couture NYC
- 2016 Guide - Remedi Spa
- 2016 Guide - Fuzziwigs Candy Factory
- Cover Story
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Alex Asfar - Getting His Kicks
- Feature: Shaun Golden
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- The Guide 2014 - Orrico Realty
- Gift Guide - Colts Neck Dance
- Health Talk
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health Blog - Joseph T. Mormino, D.D.S.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health 2014 - ah Spa!
- Health - Holmdel Periodontics
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Riverwind - A Little Bit of Iowa on the Navesink
- Timeless Classicism - Flancbaum
- Driven to Excellence - Bobby Ciasulli
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- Eats: Asahi
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Stone World at Red Bank
- Our Pick - My Greener Dry Cleaner
- Company Profile - Male Ego Barber Spas
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Ester Kluge
- People On The Move - Kari Mentonis
- People On The Move: Anna Maria Mannarino
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Nina Ferrer
- The Guide 2015 - iPlay America
- The Guide 2015 - Dr. Abraham Biegeleisen
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
08/22/2010 - By Gayle Davis
AN ACTORS PERFECT HARMONY
If it werent for a friends inspiration when Zach was only 9 years old, this college freshman from Marlboro may have never known that he had such a powerful voice - and acting talent, too! Zach says his friend Tyler Fallon convinced the sports enthusiast to partake in community theater with him. Miller says, Ever since that day, I havent stopped performing! In fact, looking back, Zach says, I used to be really bad, tooI kind of grew into myself over the years. He credits his vocal coach, at the time, Mona Greenberg, for working with him to develop his voice into what it is today.
Zach recently graduated from Howell High Schools Fine and Performing Arts Center and gained invaluable experience while there. Miller says, I dont know where I would be without spending the last four years at Howell. They have helped me so much in terms of acting, music and dance. The faculty is so strong, they changed my entire vision in performing. He gives tribute to Regina McAllen, the vocal teacher at the school. Zach says he would have never dreamed of singing classical music if he hadnt worked with her. McAllen tapped Miller to audition for All Shore Choir; not only was he accepted, but was also named the All Shore Scholarship Recipient for 2010. In addition to All Shore Chorus, he was only one of three kids to make it into All State Chorus his freshman year! Through his experience with both choirs he mastered site singing (seeing a piece of music and being able to sing it on the spot). The Howell High Grad certainly has left his mark; Miller was named the most accomplished singer in the High Schools history!
Zach is also the recipient of the Algonquin Arts Theatre Rising Stars Award. He says, After hundreds of vocal submissions from around the state were received by the Theatre in Manasquan, five were chosen, and I was one of them. It was awesome because I got to meet many prominent classical singers, musicians and pianists and I learned so much. The Cabaret for Life Organization is a non profit singing group that Zach is also involved with that helps to raise money for specific diseases such as AIDS and Cancer. He adds, Its really exciting to be a part of something that gives back to people who arent as fortunate. Another way the Marlboro resident gives back is by being involved in the Challenger Theatre Program where he works with kids who have Autism.
For the last year and half, the 16 year old has been studying with Jay Winston, an alumni of Northwestern Universitys School of Music, based in Matawan. Pop, Classical and Musical Theater are the three styles of music that Zach really enjoys, and he dabbles in Opera, too! He says, I really focus on trying to sing each type of music, but my favorite style to sing or perform is pop music. I love to put on a Jason Mraz CD in my car and just belt it out!
Believe it or not, Zach says he considered himself more of an actor than a singer before he entered Howell High School. He has always wanted to act and was granted many opportunities to participate in all the shows he was able to audition for.
Finding the balance between his love for sports along with acting and singing is something that Miller makes sure he saves time for. He says, Its still fun to break away and play baseball with my friends and other sports that I love. Zach also likes to play the piano, chess and ping pong and also enjoys going to the beach and hanging out by the pool.
Zach is excited about furthering his craft at Penn State University where he is majoring in Musical Theatre and was lucky enough to have secured a couple of vocal-related scholarships. Miller hopes after graduating college that he will have a career that will include performing, writing, composing and directing.
To see and hear Zach Miller perform log onto www.youtube.com and search for zachattack56.
My Cousin Vinny
Driving while texting or talking on the cell phone
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Luciano Pavarotti, Michael Buble, Gerard Butler
Powered by eDirectory™