- Around Town
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Angelina’s Ristorante
- The Guide 2015 - Page Plaza Diner
- The Guide 2015 - The Compounding Facility
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Aspirin...please.
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - John M. Young Jr., DDS
- The Guide 2013 - Poor Cat Designs
- Holiday Gift Guide - Forever Fusion
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- A Better You
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Health - Kensington Court
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health - Inferno Training
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Byford & Mills
- Our Pick - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater
- Eat Beat - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Monica Vermeulen
- People On The Move - Tamara Markowitz
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- The Guide 2015 - Victory Medical
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast Doreen DeMarco
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
Weigh In Marlboro: If you could live anywhere...?!
11/01/2007 - By Beth Burke
If you could live anywhere...?!
Did you ever think to yourself, “I really need to get out of this place?" If you could do that, what qualities would you look for when deciding where to move? Would it be the cost of living, the climate, the proximity to a city or to the country? And how much would the “fun factor” figure into the equation?
I recently had a high school reunion (I’m not telling which one!) where I had tracked down a schoolmate who grew up with me in central Jersey and now lives in Oregon. When I asked her how she had ended up there, she said that having moved to San Francisco (where her husband grew up) they decided to leave after being mugged and witnessing rampant homelessness. She and her husband took out a map, crossed out all the states they didn’t like for whatever reason, and Oregon was about the only one left! I thought, how brave a thing that was to do – to pick up and leave everything to start completely fresh someplace just because you wanted to, without having any particular ties, and not knowing whether it would work out for better or worse. Luckily, in Jenny’s case, it did work out. She loves her view of the mountains from every window, trees that surround her house, being able to enjoy four seasons again (one long fog season was something she didn’t mind “leaving” in San Francisco), and the clean, safe factor is a big plus. Sounds perfect for her, but what’s your dream?
LIM asked area residents where their ideal spot to live would be if they could pick any place – maybe a particular city, state, or country, somewhere in their imagination, or even a state of mind. Would it be somewhere they loved visiting, somewhere they always wanted to go, or would they even leave home at all? Read on to see what they had to say… —by Beth Burke
I’d stay here in Marlboro because Monmouth County is so convenient to the shore, entertainment, New York City, and even public transportation.
I would stay here in Marlboro because I like living close to my family, and because we are so close to New York City.
I would live in Arizona. We have family out there, and it’s just a beautiful part of the country.
I would live in Hawaii, because it’s got a crystal clean ocean with real waves, and I’d love to learn to surf there.
I’ve visited my cousins who go to
the University of Delaware, and I think that Delaware would be a beautiful place to live.
The water is the bluest I’ve ever seen, the beaches are clean and inviting, the shops are quaint, and the people are friendly. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have it right – Bermuda has to be the most magnificent place to live.
If I were able to live anywhere in the world it would be in L.A., to be able to see all the big stars walking the streets. Also, it is beautiful and warm there and you can go to the beach any day.
If I could live anywhere, I would still live somewhere in Monmouth County because that is where my family and friends are. This area will always feel like home to me.
I’d live in California so I could meet the cast of The OC!
Phoenix, Arizona is where I would pick to live. It has a great climate with 10 months of beautiful weather. It’s also a much more relaxed pace of life, but still only a couple of hours from skiing, the ocean, Las Vegas, and Disney.
I’d love to live in Margate, NJ. The Jersey shore is the best! I love the ocean, the seasons, and the close proximity to New York City and Philadelphia. I love visiting other countries, but the freedoms and the standard of living we enjoy in the United States are priceless.
I’d go back in time and live in the ‘60s when I was a teenager – it was a fun time and one with a lot less stress!
I would live in New York City because there is always something going on there!
I’d live in Barcelona, Spain. It’s one of the largest and busiest port cities in Europe, on the sunny Mediterranean Sea, with an energetic population and easygoing life style. I also speak the language, which would make me feel not so out of place.
I was born in California and would like to go back – it is gorgeous there!
I would head to San Diego, California. The weather is beautiful! It’s right on the ocean and within a half hour you can drive to the mountains or the desert…and in 20 minutes you can be in Mexico.
I would live in Boston, because it’s a clean city that has amazing shopping – especially Urban Outfitters!
If I could live anywhere it would be Montana. The open sky would inspire me to think about all the wonderful gifts we have. The night sky, filled with stars, would be the most inspiring scenery and a life-long dream.
I would live in Australia because even though I haven’t been there, I love new experiences and adventure.
I would like to stay in Marlboro. I love the small town feel here; we have a phenomenal first-aid squad, and I just got a new kitchen!
Brazil, so I could go to Carnivale, and dance in the streets. Also, the food there seems so exotic.
I would stay in Marlboro because all my friends are here and we have a good school system.
Definitely Asbury Park, because the people and beaches are beautiful.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™