- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Relief Source
- The Guide 2014 - B and A Jewelers
- Best Bet - Mr Paul's Custom Cabinetry
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- DayTripper: Northlandz
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Gift Guide - The Channel Club
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- Health Talk
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Improve Health Solutions
- Health - Glenn Kolansky, M.D.
- Health - Tara Gostovich, DMD Orthodontist
- Forsaking Formal - Garito
- That's Entertainment - The Pathakars'
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Eats: The Colts Neck Inn
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Zach Miller
- People On The Move - Cheryl A. Krause-Parello
- People On The Move: Bob Mackler
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - AnA Custom Closets
- Company Profile - The Curvy Bride
- Our Pick - Craft Master Builders Corporation
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- The Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
Weigh In Marlboro: If you could live anywhere...?!
11/01/2007 - By Beth Burke
If you could live anywhere...?!
Did you ever think to yourself, “I really need to get out of this place?" If you could do that, what qualities would you look for when deciding where to move? Would it be the cost of living, the climate, the proximity to a city or to the country? And how much would the “fun factor” figure into the equation?
I recently had a high school reunion (I’m not telling which one!) where I had tracked down a schoolmate who grew up with me in central Jersey and now lives in Oregon. When I asked her how she had ended up there, she said that having moved to San Francisco (where her husband grew up) they decided to leave after being mugged and witnessing rampant homelessness. She and her husband took out a map, crossed out all the states they didn’t like for whatever reason, and Oregon was about the only one left! I thought, how brave a thing that was to do – to pick up and leave everything to start completely fresh someplace just because you wanted to, without having any particular ties, and not knowing whether it would work out for better or worse. Luckily, in Jenny’s case, it did work out. She loves her view of the mountains from every window, trees that surround her house, being able to enjoy four seasons again (one long fog season was something she didn’t mind “leaving” in San Francisco), and the clean, safe factor is a big plus. Sounds perfect for her, but what’s your dream?
LIM asked area residents where their ideal spot to live would be if they could pick any place – maybe a particular city, state, or country, somewhere in their imagination, or even a state of mind. Would it be somewhere they loved visiting, somewhere they always wanted to go, or would they even leave home at all? Read on to see what they had to say… —by Beth Burke
I’d stay here in Marlboro because Monmouth County is so convenient to the shore, entertainment, New York City, and even public transportation.
I would stay here in Marlboro because I like living close to my family, and because we are so close to New York City.
I would live in Arizona. We have family out there, and it’s just a beautiful part of the country.
I would live in Hawaii, because it’s got a crystal clean ocean with real waves, and I’d love to learn to surf there.
I’ve visited my cousins who go to
the University of Delaware, and I think that Delaware would be a beautiful place to live.
The water is the bluest I’ve ever seen, the beaches are clean and inviting, the shops are quaint, and the people are friendly. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have it right – Bermuda has to be the most magnificent place to live.
If I were able to live anywhere in the world it would be in L.A., to be able to see all the big stars walking the streets. Also, it is beautiful and warm there and you can go to the beach any day.
If I could live anywhere, I would still live somewhere in Monmouth County because that is where my family and friends are. This area will always feel like home to me.
I’d live in California so I could meet the cast of The OC!
Phoenix, Arizona is where I would pick to live. It has a great climate with 10 months of beautiful weather. It’s also a much more relaxed pace of life, but still only a couple of hours from skiing, the ocean, Las Vegas, and Disney.
I’d love to live in Margate, NJ. The Jersey shore is the best! I love the ocean, the seasons, and the close proximity to New York City and Philadelphia. I love visiting other countries, but the freedoms and the standard of living we enjoy in the United States are priceless.
I’d go back in time and live in the ‘60s when I was a teenager – it was a fun time and one with a lot less stress!
I would live in New York City because there is always something going on there!
I’d live in Barcelona, Spain. It’s one of the largest and busiest port cities in Europe, on the sunny Mediterranean Sea, with an energetic population and easygoing life style. I also speak the language, which would make me feel not so out of place.
I was born in California and would like to go back – it is gorgeous there!
I would head to San Diego, California. The weather is beautiful! It’s right on the ocean and within a half hour you can drive to the mountains or the desert…and in 20 minutes you can be in Mexico.
I would live in Boston, because it’s a clean city that has amazing shopping – especially Urban Outfitters!
If I could live anywhere it would be Montana. The open sky would inspire me to think about all the wonderful gifts we have. The night sky, filled with stars, would be the most inspiring scenery and a life-long dream.
I would live in Australia because even though I haven’t been there, I love new experiences and adventure.
I would like to stay in Marlboro. I love the small town feel here; we have a phenomenal first-aid squad, and I just got a new kitchen!
Brazil, so I could go to Carnivale, and dance in the streets. Also, the food there seems so exotic.
I would stay in Marlboro because all my friends are here and we have a good school system.
Definitely Asbury Park, because the people and beaches are beautiful.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™