- Around Town
- School-Wide Coding Event at Rumson Country Day
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Jeweled Studio
- Best Bet - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- The Guide 2015 - Northern Valley Affairs
- Cover Story
- Chef Dominick Tesoriero
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Mike Scotti - From the Front Line to the Screen
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Gateway National Park at Sandy Hook
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Eats: TEAK Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Gold Coast Cadillac HUMMER Saab
- Gift Guide - Artisan Studio
- Best Bet - Leather & Fur Ranch
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility of Delco Drugs & Specialty Pharmacy
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - All-County Dermatology
- HWB 2014 - Relief Source, LLC
- HWB 2016 - Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- A Hanukkah Story
- Newsletter Articles
- A Notable Man: Jim Cirronella
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- Our Pick - The Colts Neck Inn Ballroom
- Our Picks
- Health - Retina Consultants
- Our Pick - Wine Academy Superstores
- Our Pick - Avanti Day Resort
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Desiree Rose Zaslow
- People On The Move - Sergio and Zen Rizzuto-Flancbaum
- People On The Move - Peggy Karaban
- Summer Guide
- Our Pick 2016 - George Wall Lincoln
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Best Bet - Audi Eatontown
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Circle Infiniti
- 2016 Guide - Cibo e Vino
- 2016 Guide - Alfonso's Pastry Shoppe
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
Weigh In Marlboro: If you could live anywhere...?!
11/01/2007 - By Beth Burke
If you could live anywhere...?!
Did you ever think to yourself, I really need to get out of this place?" If you could do that, what qualities would you look for when deciding where to move? Would it be the cost of living, the climate, the proximity to a city or to the country? And how much would the fun factor figure into the equation?
I recently had a high school reunion (Im not telling which one!) where I had tracked down a schoolmate who grew up with me in central Jersey and now lives in Oregon. When I asked her how she had ended up there, she said that having moved to San Francisco (where her husband grew up) they decided to leave after being mugged and witnessing rampant homelessness. She and her husband took out a map, crossed out all the states they didnt like for whatever reason, and Oregon was about the only one left! I thought, how brave a thing that was to do to pick up and leave everything to start completely fresh someplace just because you wanted to, without having any particular ties, and not knowing whether it would work out for better or worse. Luckily, in Jennys case, it did work out. She loves her view of the mountains from every window, trees that surround her house, being able to enjoy four seasons again (one long fog season was something she didnt mind leaving in San Francisco), and the clean, safe factor is a big plus. Sounds perfect for her, but whats your dream?
LIM asked area residents where their ideal spot to live would be if they could pick any place maybe a particular city, state, or country, somewhere in their imagination, or even a state of mind. Would it be somewhere they loved visiting, somewhere they always wanted to go, or would they even leave home at all? Read on to see what they had to say by Beth Burke
Id stay here in Marlboro because Monmouth County is so convenient to the shore, entertainment, New York City, and even public transportation.
I would stay here in Marlboro because I like living close to my family, and because we are so close to New York City.
I would live in Arizona. We have family out there, and its just a beautiful part of the country.
I would live in Hawaii, because its got a crystal clean ocean with real waves, and Id love to learn to surf there.
Ive visited my cousins who go to
the University of Delaware, and I think that Delaware would be a beautiful place to live.
The water is the bluest Ive ever seen, the beaches are clean and inviting, the shops are quaint, and the people are friendly. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have it right Bermuda has to be the most magnificent place to live.
If I were able to live anywhere in the world it would be in L.A., to be able to see all the big stars walking the streets. Also, it is beautiful and warm there and you can go to the beach any day.
If I could live anywhere, I would still live somewhere in Monmouth County because that is where my family and friends are. This area will always feel like home to me.
Id live in California so I could meet the cast of The OC!
Phoenix, Arizona is where I would pick to live. It has a great climate with 10 months of beautiful weather. Its also a much more relaxed pace of life, but still only a couple of hours from skiing, the ocean, Las Vegas, and Disney.
Id love to live in Margate, NJ. The Jersey shore is the best! I love the ocean, the seasons, and the close proximity to New York City and Philadelphia. I love visiting other countries, but the freedoms and the standard of living we enjoy in the United States are priceless.
Id go back in time and live in the 60s when I was a teenager it was a fun time and one with a lot less stress!
I would live in New York City because there is always something going on there!
Id live in Barcelona, Spain. Its one of the largest and busiest port cities in Europe, on the sunny Mediterranean Sea, with an energetic population and easygoing life style. I also speak the language, which would make me feel not so out of place.
I was born in California and would like to go back it is gorgeous there!
I would head to San Diego, California. The weather is beautiful! Its right on the ocean and within a half hour you can drive to the mountains or the desertand in 20 minutes you can be in Mexico.
I would live in Boston, because its a clean city that has amazing shopping especially Urban Outfitters!
If I could live anywhere it would be Montana. The open sky would inspire me to think about all the wonderful gifts we have. The night sky, filled with stars, would be the most inspiring scenery and a life-long dream.
I would live in Australia because even though I havent been there, I love new experiences and adventure.
I would like to stay in Marlboro. I love the small town feel here; we have a phenomenal first-aid squad, and I just got a new kitchen!
Brazil, so I could go to Carnivale, and dance in the streets. Also, the food there seems so exotic.
I would stay in Marlboro because all my friends are here and we have a good school system.
Definitely Asbury Park, because the people and beaches are beautiful.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™