- Around Town
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Fertility
- The Guide 2015 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- 2016 Guide - The Beer Garden
- Cover Story
- The Journeyman - Dan Grimaldi
- Twelve - The Hayes Family
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the American Dream in Colts Neck
- Day Tripper - Sterling Hill Mining Museum
- Day Tripper - Snug Harbor
- Day Tripper - South Street Seaport NYC
- Staten Island EatBeat - Campania Coal Fired Pizza
- Eats: Sam Vera
- Staten Island EatBeat - Da Nico Ristorante
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Guide 2015 - Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- The Guide 2016 - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Medimorphosis Physician Assisted Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility of Delco Drugs & Specialty Pharmacy
- HWB 2015 - Seaview Orthopaedic & Medical Associates
- Health 2014 - Great Care, Close to Home
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Newsletter Articles
- AMI Honored As NJ BIZ Healthcare Hero
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Duffy Personal Training Q&A
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Company Profile - BMW of Freehold
- Our Pick - Sparano Face and Nasal Institute
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Darrell Reid
- People On The Move - Mindy Gollin
- People On The Move - Anjelica Chickara
- Summer Guide
- Our Pick 2016 - George Wall Lincoln
- Best Bet - The Boondocks Fishery Red Bank
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Our Pick - Gerald Peters Goldmine
- The Guide 2015 - Il Sogno Ristorante Italiano
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
05/01/2011 - By A.J. Perna
Photography by AK Photo / Al Kruper
The Daszkowskis Set Up House and Put Down Roots in Holmdel
Its a story that has been told, time and again - young families originally from the five boroughs searching to start a life in Northern Monmouth County. For Staten Islanders Walter and Lauren Daszkowski, that was never the plan, but that was still the outcome.
After marrying in 2008, the Daszkowskis, with no intention of relocating to New Jersey, began to search high and low for a new home in Staten Island to house their soon- to-be-growing family. It made sense to stay there. Their parents were there, their friends were there, their jobs were there. It certainly would have been convenient. But, as Lauren explains, they soon grew tired of seeking out the perfect place amongst the cramped lifestyle and congestion that comes with living on Staten Island.
Walters father got the Jersey ball rolling by doing an Internet property search for his son and new daughter-in-law. He had family in the area and had always been a fan of Holmdel, in particular. After realizing what was available for them there, in the beautiful surroundings and neighborhoods, the relatively short commute to Staten Island, and the quality of the school system, Walter and Laurens interest was more than piqued; it didnt take long before they had a realtor on board and had seen nearly 25 homes.
As long as it was in Holmdel, Walter was more than willing to move into an older home, but Lauren was holding out for a new construction. Their wait paid off when it led to a new home that had recently been completed by Riccardi Custom Homes of Holmdel, and which was now up for sale. Including a fully-finished basement, the home was a 7,500 sq-ft, move-in-ready dream, set on a one acre corner lot. Much to the Daszkowskis delight, in addition to the home being exactly what they were looking for in terms of size, layout, and location, it was evident that Riccardi Builders had cut no corners in its construction. From the choice of top-quality materials, down to the smallest details such as rounding every outside corner on the interior walls, it was all there.
In August of 2009, Walter and Lauren moved into their new home, and by the end of the year were expecting their first child proving the choice of a fully completed new home to be the correct one. Because now, with their 9 month old son Chace just about to start tearing around the house, there will be very little time or opportunity for the Daszkowskis to deal with the inevitable repairs and upgrades that come with an older home at least for the next 18 years!
The Daszkowskis worked, in conjunction with a designer, to add personal touches and flair to turn this house into their home. Custom, two-story long drapes on either side of the gas fireplace in the great room draw the eye upward toward the deep crown molding and across the chocolate brown accent walls with aqua details.
The most interesting feature of the foyer is the two-floor oak staircase with wrought iron spindles. The curved stairs lead up to the second floor and an exact duplicate, turned 180 degrees, leads down to the finished basement.
An arched entryway leads to the custom kitchen with tumbled tile, solid cherry cabinets and granite countertops. The center island features a convenient vegetable sink, and the entire kitchen is outfitted with top-of-the line Thermador stainless steel appliances.
A Murano chandelier, brought home from Italy, hangs above the cherry table with white ash burl inlay in the formal dining room.
The walls of the family room are covered in a dark, textured covering, which reflects in the gleaming black granite shelves and ledges perched atop the sapele wood cabinetry of the custom, built-in wall unit.
Double doors lead into the huge master suite where twin, plush, black chaise lounges flank the bed on either side.
Nautical-themed mementos brought home from various beach vacations can be found all around the master bath. Here, the Daszkowskis can relax in their Kohler jetted tub with granite and wood surround or in their tiled 4-head walk in shower.
The theater room in the basement is a masterpiece in anigre and rift white oak and is so new that it is still waiting on the delivery of the custom theater seating!
Travertine pavers lead from the pool to the custom 13x16 pool house, complete with full bar, for summertime refreshments and entertaining.
There are a total of seven bathrooms in the home each decorated in a different style. The first floor powder room has a boldly patterned Roman shade and interesting art pieces that complement the faux-painted striped walls.
Powered by eDirectory™