- Around Town
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - John Coscia of AJC Advisors
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Ask The Expert - Karen Lozner of Karen’s School of Fashion
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Manfredi Auto Group
- The Guide 2014 - Male Ego Barber Spa
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Aspirin...please.
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Montage Decor Inc.
- Gift Guide - Spring Lake Kitchen & Bath
- The Guide 2014 - The Pine Tavern
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Brock Farms
- Health 2014 - Looking Good, Staying Healthy!
- Health - Pilates Space, LLC.
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- An International Flair - Govil
- Comfort & Function - Habbab-Karout
- The Coriolans - An Eclectic Estate
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- All The Pretty Horses
- Impeccable Style
- Newsletter Articles
- Federal Hall: A Historic Wonder
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Inn
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- Our Pick - Down to the Felt
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- People On The Move - Peter Caram
- People On The Move - Darrell Reid
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Company Profile - Steven A. Morgan, M.D.,F.A.C.O.G.
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Guide - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
05/01/2011 - By A.J. Perna
Photography by AK Photo / Al Kruper
The Daszkowskis Set Up House and Put Down Roots in Holmdel
It’s a story that has been told, time and again - young families originally from the five boroughs searching to start a life in Northern Monmouth County. For Staten Islanders Walter and Lauren Daszkowski, that was never the plan, but that was still the outcome.
After marrying in 2008, the Daszkowskis, with no intention of relocating to New Jersey, began to search high and low for a new home in Staten Island to house their soon- to-be-growing family. It made sense to stay there. Their parents were there, their friends were there, their jobs were there. It certainly would have been convenient. But, as Lauren explains, they soon grew tired of seeking out the perfect place amongst the cramped lifestyle and congestion that comes with living on Staten Island.
Walter’s father got the Jersey ball rolling by doing an Internet property search for his son and new daughter-in-law. He had family in the area and had always been a fan of Holmdel, in particular. After realizing what was available for them there, in the beautiful surroundings and neighborhoods, the relatively short commute to Staten Island, and the quality of the school system, Walter and Lauren’s interest was more than piqued; it didn’t take long before they had a realtor on board and had seen nearly 25 homes.
As long as it was in Holmdel, Walter was more than willing to move into an older home, but Lauren was holding out for a new construction. Their wait paid off when it led to a new home that had recently been completed by Riccardi Custom Homes of Holmdel, and which was now up for sale. Including a fully-finished basement, the home was a 7,500 sq-ft, move-in-ready dream, set on a one acre corner lot. Much to the Daszkowskis delight, in addition to the home being exactly what they were looking for in terms of size, layout, and location, it was evident that Riccardi Builders had cut no corners in its construction. From the choice of top-quality materials, down to the smallest details such as rounding every outside corner on the interior walls, it was all there.
In August of 2009, Walter and Lauren moved into their new home, and by the end of the year were expecting their first child – proving the choice of a fully completed new home to be the correct one. Because now, with their 9 month old son Chace just about to start tearing around the house, there will be very little time or opportunity for the Daszkowskis to deal with the inevitable repairs and upgrades that come with an older home – at least for the next 18 years!
The Daszkowskis worked, in conjunction with a designer, to add personal touches and flair to turn this house into their home. Custom, two-story long drapes on either side of the gas fireplace in the great room draw the eye upward toward the deep crown molding and across the chocolate brown accent walls with aqua details.
The most interesting feature of the foyer is the two-floor oak staircase with wrought iron spindles. The curved stairs lead up to the second floor and an exact duplicate, turned 180 degrees, leads down to the finished basement.
An arched entryway leads to the custom kitchen with tumbled tile, solid cherry cabinets and granite countertops. The center island features a convenient vegetable sink, and the entire kitchen is outfitted with top-of-the line Thermador® stainless steel appliances.
A Murano® chandelier, brought home from Italy, hangs above the cherry table with white ash burl inlay in the formal dining room.
The walls of the family room are covered in a dark, textured covering, which reflects in the gleaming black granite shelves and ledges perched atop the sapele wood cabinetry of the custom, built-in wall unit.
Double doors lead into the huge master suite where twin, plush, black chaise lounges flank the bed on either side.
Nautical-themed mementos brought home from various “beach” vacations can be found all around the master bath. Here, the Daszkowskis can relax in their Kohler® jetted tub with granite and wood surround or in their tiled 4-head walk in shower.
The theater room in the basement is a masterpiece in anigre and rift white oak – and is so new that it is still waiting on the delivery of the custom theater seating!
Travertine pavers lead from the pool to the custom 13’x16’ pool house, complete with full bar, for summertime refreshments and entertaining.
There are a total of seven bathrooms in the home – each decorated in a different style. The first floor powder room has a boldly patterned Roman shade and interesting art pieces that complement the faux-painted striped walls.
Powered by eDirectory™