- Around Town
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Fertility
- Best Bet - Whole Foods Market
- The Guide 2015 - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Cover Story
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Dutchess of Dearborn
- Sally Ann Mosey: Little Miss Sunshine
- Day Tripper - Whitesbog Village
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Restorative Health Alliance
- The Guide 2015 - Audi Freehold
- Gift Guide - Master Park’s Black Belt America
- Health Talk
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - db Orthopedic
- HWB 2015 - Saint Peter’s Sports
- Health - Pilates Space, LLC.
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - The Real Estate Boutique
- Michael Hurst Named Managing Director of Two River Theater Company
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Federico’s Landscape Design
- Our Pick - Ultimate Fitness Equipment
- Our Pick - LPA Strategic Capital
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Roddy Wildeman
- Kids On The Move: Danielle D’Elia
- Kids On The Move: John Blakeslee
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign®
- The Guide 2015 - CheckMate Communications
- The Guide 2014 - femme by ashley
- The Home Guide
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - AW Eurostile
New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
05/01/2011 - By A.J. Perna
Photography by AK Photo / Al Kruper
The Daszkowskis Set Up House and Put Down Roots in Holmdel
It’s a story that has been told, time and again - young families originally from the five boroughs searching to start a life in Northern Monmouth County. For Staten Islanders Walter and Lauren Daszkowski, that was never the plan, but that was still the outcome.
After marrying in 2008, the Daszkowskis, with no intention of relocating to New Jersey, began to search high and low for a new home in Staten Island to house their soon- to-be-growing family. It made sense to stay there. Their parents were there, their friends were there, their jobs were there. It certainly would have been convenient. But, as Lauren explains, they soon grew tired of seeking out the perfect place amongst the cramped lifestyle and congestion that comes with living on Staten Island.
Walter’s father got the Jersey ball rolling by doing an Internet property search for his son and new daughter-in-law. He had family in the area and had always been a fan of Holmdel, in particular. After realizing what was available for them there, in the beautiful surroundings and neighborhoods, the relatively short commute to Staten Island, and the quality of the school system, Walter and Lauren’s interest was more than piqued; it didn’t take long before they had a realtor on board and had seen nearly 25 homes.
As long as it was in Holmdel, Walter was more than willing to move into an older home, but Lauren was holding out for a new construction. Their wait paid off when it led to a new home that had recently been completed by Riccardi Custom Homes of Holmdel, and which was now up for sale. Including a fully-finished basement, the home was a 7,500 sq-ft, move-in-ready dream, set on a one acre corner lot. Much to the Daszkowskis delight, in addition to the home being exactly what they were looking for in terms of size, layout, and location, it was evident that Riccardi Builders had cut no corners in its construction. From the choice of top-quality materials, down to the smallest details such as rounding every outside corner on the interior walls, it was all there.
In August of 2009, Walter and Lauren moved into their new home, and by the end of the year were expecting their first child – proving the choice of a fully completed new home to be the correct one. Because now, with their 9 month old son Chace just about to start tearing around the house, there will be very little time or opportunity for the Daszkowskis to deal with the inevitable repairs and upgrades that come with an older home – at least for the next 18 years!
The Daszkowskis worked, in conjunction with a designer, to add personal touches and flair to turn this house into their home. Custom, two-story long drapes on either side of the gas fireplace in the great room draw the eye upward toward the deep crown molding and across the chocolate brown accent walls with aqua details.
The most interesting feature of the foyer is the two-floor oak staircase with wrought iron spindles. The curved stairs lead up to the second floor and an exact duplicate, turned 180 degrees, leads down to the finished basement.
An arched entryway leads to the custom kitchen with tumbled tile, solid cherry cabinets and granite countertops. The center island features a convenient vegetable sink, and the entire kitchen is outfitted with top-of-the line Thermador® stainless steel appliances.
A Murano® chandelier, brought home from Italy, hangs above the cherry table with white ash burl inlay in the formal dining room.
The walls of the family room are covered in a dark, textured covering, which reflects in the gleaming black granite shelves and ledges perched atop the sapele wood cabinetry of the custom, built-in wall unit.
Double doors lead into the huge master suite where twin, plush, black chaise lounges flank the bed on either side.
Nautical-themed mementos brought home from various “beach” vacations can be found all around the master bath. Here, the Daszkowskis can relax in their Kohler® jetted tub with granite and wood surround or in their tiled 4-head walk in shower.
The theater room in the basement is a masterpiece in anigre and rift white oak – and is so new that it is still waiting on the delivery of the custom theater seating!
Travertine pavers lead from the pool to the custom 13’x16’ pool house, complete with full bar, for summertime refreshments and entertaining.
There are a total of seven bathrooms in the home – each decorated in a different style. The first floor powder room has a boldly patterned Roman shade and interesting art pieces that complement the faux-painted striped walls.
Powered by eDirectory™