- Around Town
- Eagle Oaks Country Club Hosts 8th Annual Honor Day
- Hubbard Park Real Estate Becomes Exclusive Leverage Global Partner for Rumson, NJ
- Karens School of Fashion Creates and Collects Donations for Local High School Kids
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Expert - Joe Adelfio of Closettec NJ
- Ask the Expert - Richard W. Clift
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- 2016 Guide - Jovi's Fine Jewelry
- Best Bet - Elite Dental of Staten Island
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Massage Envy
- Gift Guide - Chapel Hill Dental Arts
- Gift Guide - Bayshore Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Health - Medimorphosis Medical
- Health Talk - Adnan F. Danish, M.D.
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Company Profile - Vito Mazza Hair & Scalp Wellness
- HWB 2015 - Vein Institute of New Jersey
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- A Hanukkah Story
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Instone
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Eats: Red
- Our Picks
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Our Pick - Colonial Nursery
- Our Pick: Red Restaurant & Lounge
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Terry and Faye Zealand
- People On The Move - Holli Eng
- People On The Move - Barbara Marro
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Guide 2014 - InHaus Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
- 2016 Guide - Karen's School of Fashion
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
Our Pick - Cortez Cigars
794 Broad Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Cigars. Renowed to be a penchant of luxury, an elegant conversation between the smoker and the cigar, an appreciation of the endeavor of constructing a masterpiece. The tobacco leaf, traveling from the rich soil, to the aging barn, to fermentation, to selection, to deveining, to the blending with other tobacco leaves making its way towards the progression in becoming the cigar you dream about. Its a long journey till that cigar sits so eloquently awaiting a crisp cut and tall flame.
At Cortez Cigars in Shrewsbury we honor dedication, tradition and quality in making our unique blends of cigars. A legacy of passion for crafting the best cigars in the world from the beginning to the end is our focus. The Cortez brothers, Luis and Kristian, grew up in the tobacco business, in all phases of growing, curing, fermenting and production. Growing up in parts of Cuba and parts of Central America throughout their young life their passion has always been cigar making. Luis, after an intense apprenticeship at La Corona Factory in Havana, Cuba and later on coming to US working for industry leaders such as General Cigars, Swiss Match, Nat Sherman, Miami Cigars and La Gloria Cubana.
Luis traveled nationwide representing Macanudo and promoted with special sales events with fine tobacco retailers. Kris was a top district sales manager for DC/MD/VA/NC area for many years for Miami Cigars, La Aurora is their most prestigious brand.
In 2006 we opened our first location Cortez Cigars on White Road, small 375 square foot space, in Shrewsbury, NJ. Through word of mouth and commitment to providing our customers with the great customer service which enabled us to move to our current location on Highway 35. In November 2008 we opened up our factory, Cortez Tabacalera, in the tobacco-rich town on the outskirts of Santiago, Dominican Republic. We then introduced Cortez (Cortez Seleccion Especial) to fine tobacco retail shops in the East Coast and Mid-West. Our retail store list has steadily grown to include 35 stores currently.
In June, 2011 we opened up an area to relax and enjoy your Cortez, feel free to stop to indulge and relax. Comfortable ambiance, with TVs and comfy chairs to sit back, converse and be at peace to enjoy your cigar.
Cortez Seleccion Especial Mild-Medium Blend Connecticut- seed wrapper grown in Ecuador and Cuban-seed, Dominican Republic Criollo 98 gives this cigar an earthy characteristic, creamy, undertones of rich coffee.
Cortez Seleccion Especial Med-Full Blend- Natural Maduro Brazil and Dominican Republic Criollo 98. Customer favorite! This cigars fine construction is just one attribute that can be highly attested. Undertones of rich chocolate and expresso.
Cortez Edicion Limitada, debuted in June 2011, which is 7 year aged 100% Dominican Puro, Habana-Seed. This blend is derived from the finest leaves from the island of Dominican Republic to evoke a complex palate of oak and anise, at moments a touch of spice, with a full-bodied character.
In each cigar we guarantee the smoker will not only enjoy the aroma and taste but also notice the passion and dedication we observe when making our cigars.
Sizes: Robusto (50 x5) - Toro Grande (54 x 6 ) - Torpedo (52 x 6 )
2012 will be introducing two new blends! Ask to be added to our email list : email@example.com
Cortez specializes in art of cigar making at private functions adding elegance, education and a great conversation piece to your special event. Perfect for weddings, corporate functions or promos, wine tastings, golf tournaments , charity events, birthdays, bachelor parties, tailgating, etc.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries on event pricing.
We travel anywhere in the US.
A collection of some of our clients include: Makers Mark, Audi of America, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, BMW, Bacardi USA, Facebook, AOL, Fox News, HBO.
Trademarked and registered with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Powered by eDirectory™