- Around Town
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Ask The Experts: Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- The Guide 2014 - Fashion Classes of NJ
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Pier Village
- The Guide 2014 - Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Jonathan Salon
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Newsletter Articles
- Weigh In - What is the worst gift you ever received?
- Tracking James - James Gregorio
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- People On The Move
- Larry Fink caring, focused, and concerned environmentalist
- People On The Move: Glen J. Dalakian
- People On The Move - Melissa Ziobro
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Orrico Realty
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - The Cracked Olive Market
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Red Bank Cabinet Company
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
Our Pick - Cortez Cigars
794 Broad Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Cigars. Renowed to be a penchant of luxury, an elegant conversation between the smoker and the cigar, an appreciation of the endeavor of constructing a masterpiece. The tobacco leaf, traveling from the rich soil, to the aging barn, to fermentation, to selection, to deveining, to the blending with other tobacco leaves making its way towards the progression in becoming the cigar you dream about. It’s a long journey till that cigar sits so eloquently awaiting a crisp cut and tall flame.
At Cortez Cigars in Shrewsbury we honor dedication, tradition and quality in making our unique blends of cigars. A legacy of passion for crafting the best cigars in the world from the beginning to the end is our focus. The Cortez brothers, Luis and Kristian, grew up in the tobacco business, in all phases of growing, curing, fermenting and production. Growing up in parts of Cuba and parts of Central America throughout their young life their passion has always been cigar making. Luis, after an intense apprenticeship at La Corona Factory in Havana, Cuba and later on coming to US working for industry leaders such as General Cigars, Swiss Match, Nat Sherman, Miami Cigars and La Gloria Cubana.
Luis traveled nationwide representing Macanudo and promoted with special sales events with fine tobacco retailers. Kris was a top district sales manager for DC/MD/VA/NC area for many years for Miami Cigars, La Aurora is their most prestigious brand.
In 2006 we opened our first location Cortez Cigars on White Road, small 375 square foot space, in Shrewsbury, NJ. Through word of mouth and commitment to providing our customers with the great customer service which enabled us to move to our current location on Highway 35. In November 2008 we opened up our factory, Cortez Tabacalera, in the tobacco-rich town on the outskirts of Santiago, Dominican Republic. We then introduced Cortez (Cortez Seleccion Especial) to fine tobacco retail shops in the East Coast and Mid-West. Our retail store list has steadily grown to include 35 stores currently.
In June, 2011 we opened up an area to relax and enjoy your Cortez, feel free to stop to indulge and relax. Comfortable ambiance, with TVs and comfy chairs to sit back, converse and be at peace to enjoy your cigar.
Cortez Seleccion Especial Mild-Medium Blend – Connecticut- seed wrapper grown in Ecuador and Cuban-seed, Dominican Republic Criollo ‘98 gives this cigar an earthy characteristic, creamy, undertones of rich coffee.
Cortez Seleccion Especial Med-Full Blend- Natural Maduro Brazil and Dominican Republic Criollo ’98. Customer favorite! This cigar’s fine construction is just one attribute that can be highly attested. Undertones of rich chocolate and expresso.
Cortez Edicion Limitada, debuted in June 2011, which is 7 year aged 100% Dominican Puro, Habana-Seed. This blend is derived from the finest leaves from the island of Dominican Republic to evoke a complex palate of oak and anise, at moments a touch of spice, with a full-bodied character.
In each cigar we guarantee the smoker will not only enjoy the aroma and taste but also notice the passion and dedication we observe when making our cigars.
Sizes: Robusto (50 x5) - Toro Grande (54 x 6 ½) - Torpedo (52 x 6 ¼)
2012 will be introducing two new blends! Ask to be added to our email list : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cortez specializes in art of cigar making at private functions adding elegance, education and a great conversation piece to your special event. Perfect for weddings, corporate functions or promos, wine tastings, golf tournaments , charity events, birthdays, bachelor parties, tailgating, etc.
Contact us at email@example.com for inquiries on event pricing.
We travel anywhere in the US.
A collection of some of our clients include: Makers Mark, Audi of America, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, BMW, Bacardi USA, Facebook, AOL, Fox News, HBO.
Trademarked and registered with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Powered by eDirectory™