- Around Town
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- DermOne Welcomes Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Pauline Poyner
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Elite Dental of Staten Island
- Best Bet - Fuzziwigs Candy Factory
- Best Bet - California Closets
- Cover Story
- Susan Wigenton - United States District Judge
- Jon DAgostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Eric Casaburi - Fearless
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- Gift Guide - Ski Barn
- 2016 Guide - Pinot's Palette
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Company Profile - fostermd
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Joslin Diabetes Center, Affliate at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health - Kensington Court
- Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine - Serving Our Veterans Program
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Yellow Brook Farm - A Post and Beam Approach Leads a Path to Timeless Design
- Out of the Park - Masucci
- A Grand Home For Entertaining
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- It's All in the Details
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite, Inc.
- Christmastime Dream Routes Through Eastern Germany
- The Home - KRFC
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- Our Pick - Devine Creations
- Company Profile - Cabitron Fine Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ralph Blumenthal
- People On The Move - Rabbi Michelle D. Pearlman
- People On The Move - Dr. Susan Field
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Coastal Plumbing Supply Co.
- The Guide 2014 - Monmouth Street Tile
- The Guide 2015 - Alycia's Bistro
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
Our Pick: Duffy Personal Training
Duffy Personal Training
273 Route 34
Colts Neck, NJ 07722
For many people the idea of working out and exercising seems like a chore. Pat Duffy is trying to change that at Duffy Personal Training. We really try to create a fun atmosphere, says Pat, who has been in the fitness business for 10 years. Lets be honest. Most peoples perception of working out is that its hard and not fun. We try to make our workouts challenging, yet energizing and fun, so that the experience is something youll want to repeat because you enjoyed yourself and you see results.
When clients first visit they are given an assessment of their health history and a detailed workout regimen that encompasses weight training, cardio, and stretching. Pat promises that you will sweat and be challenged. He relies on his staff to make sure clients are reaching their goals and to provide suggestions on how to improve the facility.
Pat had always done weight training and workouts; playing sports all his life lent itself to that lifestyle. He decided to make a change in his life that incorporated something he enjoyed while helping people reach their fitness goals, so he started an in-home personal training business. There is nothing more satisfying than helping someone get healthier, whether their goal is weight loss, post rehabilitation, or gaining a competitive edge in a sport, says Pat, whose family members are also in the fitness business. I feel very lucky to be a part of that evolution and help make that happen.
Pat loves what he does and credits patience, an ability to motivate, a good attitude, and a fun vibe as keys to running a successful fitness studio. In the end, though, its all about his clients enjoying the experience of getting in shape. I want them to feel good when they are here, like they belong, and are not intimidated or apprehensive. I always say that I want my place to be like Cheers, where everyone knows your name. Clients, however, will have to settle for lifting weights instead of mugs of beer.
Powered by eDirectory™