- Around Town
- Is an independent school the right fit for your child?
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Ask The Expert - Total Vein and Rejuvenation Center
- Ask The Expert - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Guide 2014 - Shrewsbury Wine and Liquors
- The Guide 2015 - Anemos Greek
- Cover Story
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- Life on the Strip
- Passion for Pop - Joe Petruccio
- Day Tripper - Turtle Back Zoo
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Eats: Delfini Italian Gourmet
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Circle BMW
- The Guide 2014 - XCEL Club
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection Presents Party Flicks
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - Joseph T. Mormino, D.D.S.
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health - haircolorxperts
- Health Blog - Michael Mortensen, Visage Hair Studio NYC
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- A Hanukkah Story
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Viscon Builders
- Duffy Personal Training Q&A
- The Home - Monmouth St Tile
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Manfredi Auto Group
- Company Profile - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Our Pick: Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Alexander Wolkomir
- Kids On The Move - Matthew Sawaged
- People on the Move: Lieutenant Ross Licitra
- Summer Guide
- Gateway National Park at Sandy Hook
- Best Bet - The Burr Law Group
- Our Pick 2016 - Hot Tubs by HotSpring
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Schneider & Nelson Porsche
- Our Pick - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2015 - Home Living Furniture
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that aha moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need. Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is Traveling Canvas. Laura features Josignacios work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medicals General Childrens Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Colliers she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special, she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for Re-run, an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Lauras heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Lauras art work and poetry please visit Lauras website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™