- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Ask The Expert - Total Vein and Rejuvenation Center
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- Best Bet - Maserati - The Key to an Extraordinary Life
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - J.Vincent Jewelers
- Gift Guide - Penterman Kitchens & Baths
- Gift Guide - Bayshore Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - haircolorxperts
- AMI…The Breast Imaging Specialists
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Newsletter Articles
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Gallery - Kitchen and Bath Showroom
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - A Perfect Gift by Marilyn
- Our Pick - Hart Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Our Pick - Select Basement Waterproofing
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Dennis Dayan
- People On The Move - Premise Martin
- People On The Move - Carl Johnson
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Rehability, LLC
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Dearborn Market
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
- The Home Guide - JOE HURLEY INC.
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that “aha” moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as “To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need.” Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is “Traveling Canvas.” Laura features Josignacio’s work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medical’s General Children’s Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Collier’s she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. “Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special,” she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for “Re-run,” an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Laura’s heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Laura’s art work and poetry please visit Laura’s website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™