- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Voyagers' Community School - Open House
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Expert - Vincent Dicks CEO - Career Gaudium
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- Best Bet - Design Line Kitchens
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Eats: Local Smoke BBQ
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Ama Ristorante
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- Gift Guide - Male Ego Barber and Spa
- Gift Guide: deJensen Salon & Spa
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Health Screenings
- HWB 2014 - Women's Center
- Health - NJ Shore Fit
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
- Our Pick - Baymar Farms
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Sharon Lin
- People On The Move - Tony Sloan
- People on the Move: Ibrahim Naboulsi
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- Company Profile - JGS Insurance
- Company Profile - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that “aha” moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as “To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need.” Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is “Traveling Canvas.” Laura features Josignacio’s work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medical’s General Children’s Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Collier’s she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. “Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special,” she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for “Re-run,” an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Laura’s heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Laura’s art work and poetry please visit Laura’s website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™