- Around Town
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Karen Lozner of Karen’s School of Fashion
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - KryoLife Staten Island
- Best Bet - Family Focus Financial Group
- Cover Story
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Joshing Around
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Noble Productions - Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Town & Country Kitchen & Bath
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health 2014 - Health Screenings
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- WineZag - Choosing a Restaurant Wine List Over Food
- Health - Inferno Training
- The Home Gallery - Fuda Tile & Marble
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Elite Martial Arts Academy
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- Our Pick - Advanced Surgical & Bariatrics of NJ
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Darrell Reid
- People On The Move - Mindy Gollin
- People On The Move - Jennifer Jacobs
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- Company Profile - The Compounding Facility
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that “aha” moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as “To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need.” Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is “Traveling Canvas.” Laura features Josignacio’s work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medical’s General Children’s Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Collier’s she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. “Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special,” she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for “Re-run,” an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Laura’s heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Laura’s art work and poetry please visit Laura’s website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™