- Around Town
- AMI Foundation Donates More Than 500 lbs. of Food from 6th Annual Food Drive
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Ask The Expert - John Coscia of AJC Advisors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Guide 2015 - Sam Vera Restaurant
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- Cover Story
- Sheer Genius
- Kim Guadagno - New Jersey's First Lieutenant Governor
- Talking Family and Football with NFL Network’s Melissa Stark
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Surv Kitchen & Lounge
- Gift Guide - Chapel Hill Dental Arts
- The Guide 2015 - Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Health Talk
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Tara Gostovich, DMD Orthodontist
- HWB 2014 - Women's Center
- HWB 2014 - Improve Health Solutions
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Living in Colts Neck
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- The Home - JFS Interiors
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - LearningRx
- Our Pick - Jeunesse Medical Spa
- Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Bob Leibner
- People On The Move - Ken Davis
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - LPA Strategic Capital
- Dish - The Guide 2013
- Company Profile - Marshall P. Allegra
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that “aha” moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as “To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need.” Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is “Traveling Canvas.” Laura features Josignacio’s work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medical’s General Children’s Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Collier’s she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. “Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special,” she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for “Re-run,” an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Laura’s heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Laura’s art work and poetry please visit Laura’s website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™