- Around Town
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- The Guide 2014 - Pelican Shops
- Cover Story
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- A Town Turned Around
- Bob Ojeda - An Extra Inning
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2013 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Guide 2014 - Colts Neck Inn
- Gift Guide: The Wine Loft
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Hospitals
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health 2014 - LIVING Pain-Free
- Living in Colts Neck
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- The Triple Crown
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Heritage Deck
- The Home Gallery - California Closets
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Inn
- Our Picks
- Health - NJ Shore Fit
- Our Pick - JEM Breast & Women's Imaging Center
- Our Pick - Freedom Boat Club
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Frank Holmgren
- People On The Move - Larissa Shulman
- Kids On The Move - Matthew Welch
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- The Guide 2014 - Thompson Center for Plastic Surgery
- The Guide 2014 - Moonlight Complements
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - S DeCenzo Designs, LLC
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that “aha” moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as “To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need.” Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is “Traveling Canvas.” Laura features Josignacio’s work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medical’s General Children’s Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Collier’s she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. “Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special,” she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for “Re-run,” an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Laura’s heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Laura’s art work and poetry please visit Laura’s website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™