- Around Town
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Wine Academy Superstores
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - ClosetTec
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- Best Bet - Kukulina Jewelers
- Cover Story
- A Town Turned Around
- The Ultimate Fighter: Renzo Gracie
- Spirits For The Spirit: The Legacy of Laird & Co.
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Compact Auto Body
- Gift Guide - Air Doctors, Inc.
- Gift Guide - The Samra Group
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Fitness & Exercise
- Meridian Weightless
- Health - Retina Consultants
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- The Home - Ideal Tile Gallery
- The Home Gallery - Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Crystal Point
- Our Pick - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Eesha Ramanujam
- Eric Ginsberg - Bringing People Together Through Music
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Atlantic Age Management
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Guide 2014 - Brazen Bras Boutique
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
03/04/2010 - By Tobi D. Tesoriero
AN ARTFUL ANGEL
Laura Brunetti has combined her passion for art and her passion for helping children. Owner of the Laura Brunetti Gallery and L'Estrella Studio in Colts Neck, Laura found her passion for art in 2002 while on vacation in Massachusetts. It was while she was hiking and painting that she had that “aha” moment and knew that art was her passion and calling. Upon her return home Laura nurtured her new love by taking water painting classes at the Art Alliance in Red Bank with Marge Fister on Friday mornings.
Laura continued expressing herself through art. She was dedicated to following her passion. In 2003, Laura took the next step in her artistic journey opening her studio at 5 Lake Drive in Colts Neck. During that same year she met with 15 other artists in Spain. They traveled through the country and painted scenes in that country. Then, in December 2003, at the urging of a friend she entered the Colts Neck Library Art Show. She sold her first piece at that show!
Next, Laura attended and graduated from the Western School of Feng Shui. She utilizes the skills and knowledge she attained through that program to place art in her clients' homes to the utmost advantage. As part of the program students were asked to find their life purpose. Laura pondered and defined her life purpose as “To utilize my good fortune and positive energy to help those in need.” Laura says after she defined her purpose it caused her to focus on how she could use art to help others. She decided she would use her art to give to charity.
Laura is certainly remaining true to her mission and purpose. She has two galleries, one in New Jersey and the other in Florida. She has partnered with artist Josignacio in the galleries and in her charity endeavors. One such program is “Traveling Canvas.” Laura features Josignacio’s work at charity functions. He was featured in art shows at 629 Asbury and at Pier Village. The events raised money for Prevention First and for Monmouth Medical’s General Children’s Psychiatric Section. Laura sells the artwork at shows such as these and asks patrons to make the check out to charity. Laura has held events and art shows for many different charities. She has raised funds for Colliers Youth Service. She also will create programs and participate in activities with the children. For instance, at Collier’s she had the children do fabric painting, then the next year she arranged for African drummers to perform there, and then she made instruments with the children. “Those kinds of programs make the kids feel so special,” she shares.
At other times and events Laura has arranged for yoga teachers to come in for the kids as well as hired DJs for fun times. She tries to stay hands on and does not only do fund raising. She also opens her studio up to children.
Laura also started an art camp. She has conducted programs at many locations, such as the beach, and invites the children to her studio and even set up parades for the children. She has worked with Monmouth Cares. She also volunteers at the School of Social Work at her alma mater, Monmouth University. She has orchestrated a mural program for an international youth group and runs a fund raising golf outing for the cause.
This dynamo is truly involved in so many organizations and charitable initiatives that we cannot possibly detail them all! She has worked with kids in placing art installations at train stations, has hosted park programs...the list just goes on and on.
And, if her work with children was not enough, Laura is also involved with horse charities. She volunteers for “Re-run,” an organization that finds homes for retired race horses. She has arranged a golf tournament for them and also events for the art created by the horses themselves where they (the horses) paint with their tails!
She also paints angels to aid people in their healing. The angels are particularly near and dear to Laura’s heart.
To check in on upcoming events and fundraisers as well as view some of Laura’s art work and poetry please visit Laura’s website at www.lestrellastudio.com.
The Palm, Miami
not giving a child a chance
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Bono, my mother, and father
Powered by eDirectory™