- Around Town
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Oceanfront Restaurants New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Fast Break Basketball Center
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- The Guide 2015 - The Cracked Olive Market
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Turkey Day
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Jos Serrano
- Gift Guide
- 2016 Guide - Alfonso's Pastry Shoppe
- Gift Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- Gift Guide - East Coast Fitness Store
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Integrative Health Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Associated Pain Specialists
- Health - Premier Pain Centers
- Health Talk - Medimorphosis Physician Assisted Weight Loss
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - School Answers
- Company Profile - Medimorphosis Physician Assisted Weight Loss
- Resources Real Estate announces their Award-winning Sales Agents
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Dr. Tricia Gilbert
- People On The Move - Sophie Garito
- People On The Move - Mary Connell Gaynor
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Compounding Facility
- The Guide 2014 - Essential Elements Dance Studio
- The Guide 2015 - Gold Leaf Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
TURNING A SIMPLE IDEA INTO REALITY
Watch out Holmdel! Two local entrepreneurs are about to put you on the map. Meet Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips, designers and creators of the disposable toothbrush holder. If youve ever wondered where to keep your toothbrush while traveling then keep reading. This invention promises to keep your toothbrush bristles clean and dry. You havent seen their product in hotels or amenity stores yet, but keep your eyes open; pretty soon itll be just as popular as disposable utensils.
Wendy and Stephanie, two Holmdel moms (with two children each) have been living in Holmdel for more than two decades combined. Both ambitious women had successful careers, as a speech therapist and meeting planner, respectively, at McGraw Hill, until they had children and took on their next important rolesplaying mom. When their kids started getting older and advancing in the Holmdel school district, these stay-at home moms were ready to move forward with their careers again, only this time they wanted to try something different. With full force, Wendy and Stephanie ventured into the world of business. What better time to do it than in this economy? They are guaranteed to hold onto their jobs, since they are the only two people in the company.
These leading ladies didnt start their business yesterday. It has been 2 years since their adventure began, and the road has been filled with bumps and turns. The idea came to Wendy and Stephanie since they are both avid travelersalways on the go. When they stayed in hotels, they wondered where to keep their toothbrushes without resting them on a dirty counter or in a glass. The idea for a disposable toothbrush holder hit them while discussing the issue on a long walk for Breast Cancer in New York City.
First, Wendy and Stephanie needed to put their product idea on paper, find a lawyer, patent it, and finally, secure a manufacturer willing to make the prototype at a reasonable cost. United States manufacturers wanted to overcharge for the sample toothbrush holders, so Wendy and Stephanie found resources in China where their creation could be made at a low enough cost to be profitable. If youve never invented something this may sound like a nightmare, but it wasnt for these two determined women. Their biggest obstacle wasnt even creating a name for their company (W & S Designs). That was simple, Stephanie says, pointing to the monogram logo where her initial appears second to Wendys. Theres already a company name that is S &W, so W & S would suffice.
The most complicated part of the process, they said, came at The Javits Center showcase last November, when they argued over throwing out a carpet or not. So far, that argument has been the roughest part of their journey as entrepreneurs. Wouldnt everyone wish for that to be their biggest issue? Wendy and Stephanie did say that there were times they wanted to throw in the towel, but their hard work, persistence, time, and effort kept them going. As they like to put it, Nothing comes easy.
Thats a lesson theyve taught their [collective] four children in these past 2 years. Their kids have watched as their mothers spent countless hours writing, researching, and making business phone calls. Wendy and Stephanies persistence has taught their kids to keep trying, and eventually good fortune will follow. Their success has already inspired other Holmdel residents to follow their dreams. Wendy and Stephanie said that some other friends are now working on creating businesses, too.
Right now, W & S Designs is pitching the disposable toothbrush holder, meeting with hotel management leaders and amenity distributors. So, look out hotel housekeeping your carts will soon be filled with W & S Designs!
Wendy Bay Avenue Trattoria,Highlands
Stephanie Copper Canyon,Atlantic Highlands
Wendy Eric Clapton
Stephanie Billy Joel
Wendy Bridget Jones Diary
Stephanie Pretty Woman
Wendy no place to keep your toothbrush at a hotel;
Stephanie cars that take up two parking spaces
THREE PEOPLE YOUD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Wendy Zadie Smith,Ina Gardner, and Al Gore;
Stephanie Ellen Degeneres, Oprah Winfrey, and Jim Carrey
Powered by eDirectory™