- Around Town
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- The Guide 2015 - Vik’s Fine Jewelry
- Cover Story
- Nina Sophia Waga Mojares
- Scores Big In His Field - Rich Russo
- John D'Leo - The Kid's Got Skills
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - Whitesbog Village
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - L.A. Dance Center of the Arts
- Gift Guide - The Channel Club
- The Guide 2015 - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- Health Talk
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - The Compounding Facility
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- The Triple Crown
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Caring Heart Coronary Imaging Gives Families Hope
- The Home: Paradise Stone & Tile
- The Home - KRFC
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
- People On The Move - Chris Wood
- People On The Move - Chris Dell
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Fit for Life
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
An Eclectic Colonial Gives a Nod to the Sunshine State
It was only 3 years ago when Jeff and Mary Schulsinger began spending every autumn and winter living in warm, sun-splashed Florida, but their love of the tropical lifestyle was something they’d felt for many years in their nearly 6,000-square-foot Marlboro home.
In 1976, the Schulsingers and their two oldest daughters, Gina and Sari, traded the streets of Brooklyn for the restful, open country feel of then rural Marlboro. Now, living in a perfect place in which to raise their children, Jeff and Mary added to their family with two more arrivals – daughters Jennifer and Rochelle. As one might imagine, having four girls also meant having plenty of friends stopping by, lots of sleepovers, and many parties. Jeff and Mary always made sure to provide a safe, caring, and fun place for it all, providing plenty of space inside for entertaining friends, as well as a large backyard and oversized heated pool (with spa) for summer fun.
Over the years, some rooms were added and some remodeled, with more than a few of them sporting a tropical, contemporary, Palm Beach style look. Their first project was a garden room, which just as easily could be referred to as a Florida room or a Lanai. The Schulsinger kitchen was remodeled to include modern angles and curves with granite and glass. Jeff and Mary also added a Miami-inspired master suite, featuring curved walls with glass blocks. If you close your eyes, you can almost smell the ocean.
While many of the rooms retained a more traditional style and feel, there are little clues throughout the home that seem to have foreshadowed Jeff and Mary’s snowbird plans for after the girls had all moved out of the family home.
Perfect for entertaining, the garden room is covered, floor to ceiling, with tongue and groove light mahogany. A water fountain in the back corner is surrounded by lush plants and greenery, and features a built-in bar with sink, cooktop, and wine rack.
The oak hardwood entertainment center and fireplace surround were both built 4 years ago by a custom cabinetmaker during the remodeling of the living and family rooms. They give the rooms, separated by an arch above two faux-painted columns, a warm, cozy feel.
The downstairs lavatory sparkles with mirrors, modern lighting, and a black lacquer clamshell pedestal sink.
The dining room is a traditional space. The Schulsinger family enjoys sharing holiday meals around the oval, banded flame mahogany table.
The huge gourmet kitchen had its makeover 15 years ago. While it is perfect for preparing a family feast, it is still a feast for the eyes. Black countertops and floors, white cabinets with unexpected curves, glass accents, and an occasional splash of turquoise are some of the most visually interesting parts of the home. The breakfast area looks out over the backyard and is anchored by a contemporary, 10-person marble-top table.
Twenty years ago Jeff and Mary decided to add the master suite above the existing three-car garage. The lighted tray ceiling and muted peach tones on sweeping, curved walls enhance the Floridian feel they love so much.
The master bath features a sauna, a steam shower, and a sunken spa tub under a wall of light-diffusing glass blocks.
Powered by eDirectory™