- Around Town
- Resources Real Estate Receives Nominations For Excellence
- The Cardiovascular Care Group Announces New JUST WALK Program
- DermOne Welcomes Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD
- Ask The Experts
- Jim ONeill - Event Sales Director
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - The Real Estate Boutique
- The Guide 2015 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Best Bet - Relief Source
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - S DeCenzo Designs, LLC
- Gift Guide - Dr. Robert Korwin, DMD
- Best Bet - Merry Mutts
- Health Talk
- HWB 2016 - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Fitness
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- HWB 2014 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Newsletter Articles
- Eats: Red
- The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
- The Home - Millenium Stone Works
- Our Picks
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- Our Pick: Monmouth Custom Builders
- Company Profile - Lifestyles Medical
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Daniel J. Messina
- People on the Move: Maureen Doloughty
- People On The Move - Monica Vermeulen
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
Sunrise to Sunset - The Bonfiglio's
06/27/2010 - By Michael Berman
Photography by: AK Photo / Al Kruper
The Bonfiglio's Oceanfront and Bayfront Jersey Shore Paradise
Tommy Bonfiglio had no intention of meeting the love of his life when his administrative assistant was planning a dinner out with one of her friends, named Yvette, after work. The friend just happened to walk in and catch Tommys eye. Tommy, a tax attorney and CPA, was working for Sony in 1990 and living in Manhattan at the time. He invited himself to join the party that night and offered to drive both young ladies home to Brooklyn after dinner.
The month of Tommy and Yvettes first meeting over dinner was January and by September they were married. Tommy moved to Brooklyn, Yvettes home town and opened his own law firm in Bay Ridge. Tommys life was transformed, practically overnight, from a swinging singles in the Big Apple kind of vibe to a grounded life in Brooklyn surrounded byYvettes close knit Italian family. The Bonfiglio family was growing by 1997, when the family moved to a larger home in Holmdel, New Jersey.
The Bonfiglio family wanted a change of scene in 2004, and since Tommys mature and successful law practice could be managed from a remote location the family purchased a beautiful home in Florida on the water. Tommy stayed in New Jersey and Yvette moved with their daughters, Andrea and Christina, to enjoy a new waterfront life in Florida. The year 2004 was one of the most active hurricane seasons in Florida on record. Tommy was logging some major frequent flier miles back and forth to stay connected and help get the family adjusted. That and the unwelcome weather made the familys decision to return to New Jersey an easy one.
The family home in Holmdel had been sold so they needed to find a place to live in a hurry. The weather may have been a negative in Florida, but they all really enjoyed the waterfront living and hoped they could find a place at the Jersey Shore to call home. They ended up purchasing a small cottage in Monmouth Beach originally designed by Jim Monteforte and connected with him to do a major renovation and expansion to increase the size of the home.
The end result is a magnificent 7,300 square foot waterfront classic with views of the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the beautiful Shrewsbury River to the west. The family loves the small town feel of Monmouth Beach and have realized Yvettes dream of owning a restaurant when the Bonfiglios purchased the Dockside in Monmouth Beach in 2008.Yvette is a wonderful cook and has been instrumental in creating a new menu and attracting new customers to one of Monmouth Beachs destination restaurants.
The purchase of the Dockside inspired Tommy to realize his own dream of creating an eatery that reflects his passion for coal fired pizza and his connection to his old world Italian roots. Tommys Coal Fired Pizza opened in Red Bank in the Galleria in late 2009 and just recently a second location has opened in Oakhurst on Rte.35. Tommy loves a challenge and in a county filled with a pizza loving public he cant wait to share his passion for great ingredients and Tuscan-inspired hospitality with every one of them.
The magnificent redesign and expansion of the Bonfiglio home takes full advantage of the incredible views and serene natural beauty of waterfront living inMonmouth Beach.The spacious porch, in the back of the Bonfiglios redesigned home, is the perfect place to tak e inbreathtakingviews and sunsets on the Shrewsbury River.The striking infinity edge pool with circular hot tub is enjoyed by all and integrates with the surrounding flora seamlessly.
The accent is on comfort, family and friends in all aspects of the Bonfiglios waterfront home. The piano room features a beautiful mahogany Steinway grand piano and the dining room allows for plenty of seating and family conversation over holiday meals.
Color and light with a splash of whimsy find a home in the Bonfiglios family playroom.The fully tiledspace includes a championship-sized billiards table and fully appointed bar area making this room a natural gathering space for friends and family.The rich wall color and shutters by Monmouth Beach Plantation Shutters set the architectural stage for this much enjoyed play space.
The see-through marine fish tank seems like a natural from any angle in a home somuch a part of its surroundings.
The fully redesigned kitchen is the heart of this expanded waterfront home and the custom cabinetry is made from salvaged Mississippi wormwood.
The magnificent tile work found throughout this elegant home incorporates tumbled marble, glass mosaic and solid onyx materials, among others, to create unique and artful patterns throughout.The designs and installation are by AWEurostile Tile & Stone of Shrewsbury and Ocean.
The attention to detail in every corner of the Bonfiglio home is apparent in themaster bedroom. The French doors open to a covered private seating area with stunning views of the Shrewsbury River.The expanded master closet allowsYvette and Tommy plenty of room to organiz eand coordinate their wardrobe. The Bonfiglio home is truly a fine example of waterfront living that combines their love of family, friends and the zest for life that is so much a part of who they are.
Powered by eDirectory™