- Around Town
- The Cardiovascular Care Group Announces New “JUST WALK™” Program
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Meridian Weightless
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Joe Adelfio of Closettec NJ
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Pinot's Palette
- The Guide 2015 - Gerald Peters Goldmine Jewelers
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Medieval Times
- Day Tripper - South Street Seaport NYC
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Eats: McDonagh’s Pub
- Eats: Rosalia Italian Marketplace
- Popular Daily Specials Return to AMA Ristorante
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Bayshore Veterinary Hospital
- Health - Advanced Medical Imaging
- Best Bet - Ace Home Improvements
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Falguni Patel, MD
- Health Blog - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- Health - Skyn
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Agostino Antiques Gallery
- Eats: Julia’s
- The Home - Viscon Builders Gallery
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Vovo Clinic
- Company Profile - Cuozzo Orthodontic Specialists
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Andrew Cerullo
- Eric Ginsberg - Bringing People Together Through Music
- People On The Move - Holli Eng
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Company Profile - KryoLife Staten Island, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Galaxy Toyota
- The Guide 2014 - Fit for Life
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™