- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Meridian Weightless
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Carolyn Welsh
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Daszkowski, Tompkins, Weg & Carbonella CPA PC
- Best Bet - Cruise Holidays of Marlboro
- The Guide 2015 - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Cover Story
- Feature: Shaun Golden
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the “American Dream” in Colts Neck
- The Ultimate Fighter: Renzo Gracie
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - Momouth Park
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Staten Island Mall
- The Guide 2015 - Gerald Peters Goldmine Jewelers
- Gift Guide - DiamondCastle
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Joslin Diabetes Center
- Health - East Coast Fitness Store
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Living in Colts Neck
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Our Pick - The Center for Aesthetic Medicine
- Company Profile - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Danielle D’Elia
- People on the Move: Ibrahim Naboulsi
- People On The Move - Alexandra Kerenyi Augustyn
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Physicians for Alternative Medicine
- The Guide 2015 - Liberty Homes of Staten Island, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™