- Around Town
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- Best Bet - The Healthy Palate
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Chandelier
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Vaccaro Brothers Flooring & Kitchens
- Gift Guide - The Channel Club
- Gift Guide - Entertain With Jane
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - ENERGY BALANCE
- Health - Toetique Foot Spa
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Full Circle - The Gamzas
- Living History On A Gentleman's Farm - The Griswolds
- Two Sides To Every Story: Donnelly-Bowler
- Newsletter Articles
- VNA Health Group Holiday Dinner Dance
- JMH Home Design Consultants - Gallery
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Precision Mirror and Glass, Inc.
- Our Pick - Monmouth St. Tile
- Company Profile - Mathnasium
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Kelly Pretz
- Pam Wood - Advocate For Special Needs Children And Their Parents
- People On The Move - Jeanne Patterson
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- The Guide 2014 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- The Guide 2014 - Denise L. Waldron, DMD
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™