- Around Town
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Bentley Edison
- The Guide 2014 - Vovo Clinic
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Erik Kitchen Design
- Gift Guide - The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
- Gift Guide - Denise L. Waldron DMD
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Health - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Turn-Key Comfort For The Canaricks
- New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
- Yellow Brook Farm - A Post and Beam Approach Leads a Path to Timeless Design
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Millenium Stone Works
- Spotlight - Caring Heart & Brain Imaging
- The Home - Seaside Materials
- People On The Move
- James Mullevey Principal With Principles
- People On The Move - Sean Davis
- People On The Move - Mindy Gollin
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- The Guide 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Company Profile - Rosen Decorators
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home - Giglio Builders
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™