- Around Town
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - SeaStreak
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Monmouth Beach Shutters
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Red Bank Radiologists
- Gift Guide - Capital Paint Centers
- The Guide 2013 - INDULGE Lounge & Food Bar
- Health Talk
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Spine and Pain Centers
- Health - East Coast Fitness Store
- Health - Avatar Spa
- Living in Colts Neck
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Home at Last
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Duffy Personal Training Q&A
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Max Fried
- Kids On The Move: Dave Burke
- People On The Move - Serena DiMaso
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Lincroft Village Jewelers
- Company Profile - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- The Guide 2013 - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - S DeCenzo Designs, LLC
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™