- Around Town
- The Atlantic Fencing Academy Announces District Winners
- Ranney’s Middle School Honored with National Literary Awards
- Relief News
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Total Vein and Rejuvenation Center
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Ask the Experts: DicksteinAssociatesAgency, LLC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - The Prince & The Pawper
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Massage Envy Spa
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Miller Buick GMC
- Cover Story
- Bob Kaldor: More than Surviving
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- The Ultimate Fighter: Renzo Gracie
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Holiday Pools
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Medimorphosis Weight Loss
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Bonavita Laser Centers
- Health - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - John Cortese Masons
- Our Pick - Baymar Farms
- 2012 Meridian Health Foundation Gala Success
- Our Picks
- Health - Retina Consultants
- Health - The Dermatology Center
- Our Pick - Kitchen and Bath Station
- People On The Move
- Suzanne Pease, Jill-Of-All-Trades
- People On The Move: Cara Smith
- People On The Move - Dr. Susan Field
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - The Pine Tavern of Old Bridge
- The Guide 2013 - Avanti Day Resort
- Company Profile - Atlantic Age Management
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - S DeCenzo Designs, LLC
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™