- Around Town
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Beach Tavern
- Best Bet - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Cover Story
- Precious Metals - Jim Gary
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Dr. Yvonne Thornton
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- Day Tripper - Lakota Wolf Preserve
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Brown’s Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
- Gift Guide - Shelter Home
- Gift Guide - Bonnie Cake
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Health - Ocean County Retina, PC
- Health - The Samra Group
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance Gallery
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- “A Night In Oz” Gala
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Hazlet Pharmacy
- Our Pick - Creative Design Center
- Our Pick - The Original Oyster
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- Kids On The Move: Dave Burke
- People on the Move: Christine Schultz
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- Our Pick - Quality Healthcare & Wellness Center
- The Guide 2015 - Merry Mutts
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™