- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Devine Creations Design Center
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond University Medical Center
- Cover Story
- Dr. Maureen Murphy
- Talking Family and Football with NFL Network’s Melissa Stark
- A Little Bit Country - Corey Wagar
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Health - Advanced Medical Imaging
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Kensington Court
- HWB 2014 - Atlantic Age Management
- Health - Professional Behavioral Center of New Jersey, P.A.
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Affordable Garage Doors
- Bill Britton-Director of Golf Instruction
- The Home Q&A - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Green Technology
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Northern Monmouth County Medical Associates
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - James Yarosh
- People on the Move: Max Fried
- People On The Move: Tom Martini
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™