- Around Town
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - L Furs
- Best Bet - NY Chiropractic & Physical Therapy
- Best Bet - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Cover Story
- Scott Rasmussen
- Brittany Eyres - On the Track to Success
- Jon D’Agostino - A Little Bit City, A Lot Bit Country
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Noble Productions - Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Maserati of Central New Jersey
- The Guide 2014 - Downtown Tile
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pietro Carpenito, M.D.
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Back 2 Health Family Wellness Center
- Health - IVF New Jersey
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Green Technology
- The Home Gallery - Ralco Builders
- The Home Gallery - ABL
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Ada Unachukwu
- People On The Move: Mary Weir
- Kids On The Move - Brayden Donnelly
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- The Guide 2014 - Circle Infiniti
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
RBMC’s Perth Amboy hospital celebrated the opening of its newly expanded and renovated 3,530 sq. ft. Emergency Department, part of the medical center’s ongoing growth and renewal program, Vision 2011.
“This new expansion is making a tremendous difference in how we serve our community during a medical emergency,” says Dane Clarke, M.D., FACHPE, medical director of emergency services at RBMC. “In addition to adding new life-saving technologies, we have created a more modern and comfortable facility, improving the environment of care for our patients and their families and loved ones.”
Ten additional treatment areas, more space for family members and loved ones, new state-of-the art patient monitoring, “see thru CPR” defibrillator equipment which analyzes a patient's heart rhythm during continuous CPR, and an expanded Fast Track area for less serious emergencies complete the comprehensive expansion.
The new defibrillators may be used in conjunction with RBMC’s Thermosuits, inflatable cocoon-like, non-invasive devices which reduce body temperature rapidly in patients experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. This constitutes an extremely effective resuscitation bundle, enhancing Emergency Department clinicians’ ability to save lives.
The expansion also includes a dedicated elevator for rapid transfer of patients to patient floors, and to cardiac catheterization and stroke units. New bedside monitoring equipment standardizes patient data and, in the near future,will allow caregivers to share 12-lead EKG data with the cardiology department through RBMC’s computer-based Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Powered by eDirectory™