- Around Town
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Ask The Expert - Carolyn Welsh
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Dearborn Market
- Best Bet - Mr Paul's Custom Cabinetry
- Best Bet - Carlo's Bakery
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Ama Ristorante
- Eats: Local Smoke BBQ
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Vein Center for Women, P.C.
- The Guide 2013 - The Couture Exchange
- Gift Guide - Distinctive Pools
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health - haircolorxperts
- Health - Test Sports Clubs
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home - Visual Impact Decorating Gallery
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- Our Picks
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- Our Pick - Bayshore Community Hospital
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Nick Blanchard
- People On The Move - Kyle Galante
- People On The Move: Frank Holmgren
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Physicians for Alternative Medicine
- The Guide 2014 - Jeweled Studio
- The Guide 2014 - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
The Bay - A Body In Motion
A Body In Motion
The experts and technology available at the new Human Motion Institute at Raritan Bay Medical Center will get you back to work, out on the playing field, teeing off at the golf course, down on the floor playing with your grandchildren, or just doing the things you love.
This unique new program offers a comprehensive continuum of musculoskeletal care through a highly integrated orthopedic healthcare delivery network. Patients benefit through streamlined access to education, assessment, treatment and therapy services, as well as preventative services that help them achieve maximum functionality and mobility as quickly and safely as possible.
Using RBMC’s Patient Family Centered Care Model as its model, the “team approach” at the Human Motion Institute combines the clinical excellence of highly trained technicians, skilled surgeons, interventional pain management physicians, specialist physicians, Magnet status nurses, and other experienced health care professionals. in a wide range of orthopedic areas. HMI’s clinical professionals are committed to achieving the highest standards of excellence through diagnostic and treatment technologies, state-of-the-art medical procedures, rehabilitation and overall patient care.
“We care for you throughout your surgical experience and work together as a team to deliver excellent service,” says orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon Abdel Masih Bakhos, M.D.
“Thanks to advances in orthopedic care such as hip, knee and shoulder replacement and repair, people are enjoying longer, more active lives. Our network at HMI brings together a wide range of comprehensive services and skilled health care providers focused on the prevention and correction of injuries and disorders of the skeletal system and associated muscles, joints and ligaments,” says Dr. Bakhos.
Fausto J. Ramos, D.P.M., a board-qualified podiatrist and surgical specialist of the foot and ankle, agrees. “It is extremely beneficial for patients to have all of their care integrated under one roof, so to speak,” says Dr. Ramos. “We are able to track the care of each patient in a very effective, very comprehensive way. Each patient has special needs, and the HMI takes this into account. A high school athlete with an ankle injury may require podiatric assessment and surgical intervention followed by physical therapy. The diabetic patient with a foot wound requires very specialized treatment and rehabilitation that takes into account this chronic health condition. Elderly patients require thorough assessment, treatment, and perhaps physical therapy to improve their balance and range of motion. With our integrated approach, each of these patients will receive the very best care.”
An alarming number of people are living in pain. A study conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics in 2006 projected that nearly 800,000 New Jersey residents may be suffering from chronic pain. The Human Motion Institute provides central New Jersey residents with a destination that can help them improve, says Kashif Siddiqi, M.D., who is board certified in pain management and anesthesiology.
“Pain management takes an interdisciplinary approach,” says Dr. Siddiqi. “Apatient may start with their family physician, perhaps seeking relief from back pain. Following an MRI or a CAT scan, they may seek help from a specialist; perhaps initiate physical therapy, use medication to relieve pain. If these therapies are not successful, the patient will be referred to a pain management specialist. Based on symptoms and imaging results, we will evaluate if the patient is a candidate for interventional procedures, including joint injections and epidurals on to spinal cord stimulation and other sophisticated treatments. We work very collaboratively with each patient and their medical team.”
Douglas Pitchford, M.D., who is also board certified in pain management and anesthesiology, believes in being an advocate for the patients he cares for at the Human Motion Institute. “Apatient may arrive with an injury but we also need to take into consideration pre-existing chronic conditions or health issues. Our HMI team takes the whole patient into consideration. We want our patients to enjoy life. We want to help them in every way possible. Working together with other health care professionals, we can manage their pain and get them on the road to recovery as quickly as possible while being thorough and comprehensive in the care they receive.
You’ll learn more about our new Human Motion Institute in our next issue of The Bay.
To make an appointment with the doctors or for more information: 1(855)5MOTION
Powered by eDirectory™