- Around Town
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Dr. John M. Young
- Ask The Expert - Total Vein and Rejuvenation Center
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Cover Story
- Dave Scotti - Originality Is The Name of The Game
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Feature: Michael DiGiacomo
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Holiday Pools
- Gift Guide - L’Acqua Ristorante
- Gift Guide - Land Rover Monmouth
- Health Talk
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - AMG Family Dentistry
- Health - Pilates Space, LLC.
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Andrew Scher
- People On The Move: C. Arthur Albrizio
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
The Bay - A Body In Motion
A Body In Motion
The experts and technology available at the new Human Motion Institute at Raritan Bay Medical Center will get you back to work, out on the playing field, teeing off at the golf course, down on the floor playing with your grandchildren, or just doing the things you love.
This unique new program offers a comprehensive continuum of musculoskeletal care through a highly integrated orthopedic healthcare delivery network. Patients benefit through streamlined access to education, assessment, treatment and therapy services, as well as preventative services that help them achieve maximum functionality and mobility as quickly and safely as possible.
Using RBMC’s Patient Family Centered Care Model as its model, the “team approach” at the Human Motion Institute combines the clinical excellence of highly trained technicians, skilled surgeons, interventional pain management physicians, specialist physicians, Magnet status nurses, and other experienced health care professionals. in a wide range of orthopedic areas. HMI’s clinical professionals are committed to achieving the highest standards of excellence through diagnostic and treatment technologies, state-of-the-art medical procedures, rehabilitation and overall patient care.
“We care for you throughout your surgical experience and work together as a team to deliver excellent service,” says orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon Abdel Masih Bakhos, M.D.
“Thanks to advances in orthopedic care such as hip, knee and shoulder replacement and repair, people are enjoying longer, more active lives. Our network at HMI brings together a wide range of comprehensive services and skilled health care providers focused on the prevention and correction of injuries and disorders of the skeletal system and associated muscles, joints and ligaments,” says Dr. Bakhos.
Fausto J. Ramos, D.P.M., a board-qualified podiatrist and surgical specialist of the foot and ankle, agrees. “It is extremely beneficial for patients to have all of their care integrated under one roof, so to speak,” says Dr. Ramos. “We are able to track the care of each patient in a very effective, very comprehensive way. Each patient has special needs, and the HMI takes this into account. A high school athlete with an ankle injury may require podiatric assessment and surgical intervention followed by physical therapy. The diabetic patient with a foot wound requires very specialized treatment and rehabilitation that takes into account this chronic health condition. Elderly patients require thorough assessment, treatment, and perhaps physical therapy to improve their balance and range of motion. With our integrated approach, each of these patients will receive the very best care.”
An alarming number of people are living in pain. A study conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics in 2006 projected that nearly 800,000 New Jersey residents may be suffering from chronic pain. The Human Motion Institute provides central New Jersey residents with a destination that can help them improve, says Kashif Siddiqi, M.D., who is board certified in pain management and anesthesiology.
“Pain management takes an interdisciplinary approach,” says Dr. Siddiqi. “Apatient may start with their family physician, perhaps seeking relief from back pain. Following an MRI or a CAT scan, they may seek help from a specialist; perhaps initiate physical therapy, use medication to relieve pain. If these therapies are not successful, the patient will be referred to a pain management specialist. Based on symptoms and imaging results, we will evaluate if the patient is a candidate for interventional procedures, including joint injections and epidurals on to spinal cord stimulation and other sophisticated treatments. We work very collaboratively with each patient and their medical team.”
Douglas Pitchford, M.D., who is also board certified in pain management and anesthesiology, believes in being an advocate for the patients he cares for at the Human Motion Institute. “Apatient may arrive with an injury but we also need to take into consideration pre-existing chronic conditions or health issues. Our HMI team takes the whole patient into consideration. We want our patients to enjoy life. We want to help them in every way possible. Working together with other health care professionals, we can manage their pain and get them on the road to recovery as quickly as possible while being thorough and comprehensive in the care they receive.
You’ll learn more about our new Human Motion Institute in our next issue of The Bay.
To make an appointment with the doctors or for more information: 1(855)5MOTION
Powered by eDirectory™