- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Dearborn Market
- The Guide 2014 - Crown Elegance Bridal
- The Guide 2014 - EXIT Realty East Coast
- Day Tripper - FRENCHTOWN
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide - Rosen Decorators
- The Guide 2014 - We Got Lites
- Gift Guide - Marc Ecko Cut and Sew
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Health - Lettuce for Life
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Elegant Transformation - The Rinaldi's
- Paradise Found - The Cannizzaros
- Deep in the Woods - The Sneyers
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Vein Institute of NJ
- Lynn's Speech Therapy Center
- Red Bank Gastroenterology - Advertorial
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Jonathan Salon Red Bank
- Company Profile - Monmouth Dental Group
- Our Pick - Cabinet Logistics LLC
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Sam Judkis
- Pam Wood - Advocate For Special Needs Children And Their Parents
- People On The Move - Dr. Paul Lenz
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- Company Profile - CareOne
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™