- Around Town
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Artistic Tile
- Best Bet - Bain's Outdoor Living
- The Guide 2015 - Ashford & Grace Fine Jewelers
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - Koziar’s Christmas Village
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Dish - The Guide 2013
- Monmouth Eat Beat - It’s Greek to Me
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - European Wax Center
- Best Bet - Fords Jewelers
- Gift Guide - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Aroma Skin Care & Day Spa
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- HWB 2015 - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - EcoSystems Fence Co
- Architectural Accents Kitchen Showcase
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Our Pick: A Perfect Gift by Marilyn
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Manor House
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jackie Mercandetti
- People On The Move - Cheryl Ann Cook
- People On The Move - Alexis Pollitto
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Pine Tavern
- The Guide 2014 - Shrewsbury Wine and Liquors
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™