- Around Town
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Ink Couture NYC
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Dermatology
- The Guide 2015 - Rosen Decorators
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- Best Bet - Whole Foods Market
- Gift Guide - Soul Focus
- Health Talk
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Logan Construction
- The Home: Cabitron - Design Trends
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Woodloch Resort
- Our Pick - Floor Coverings International
- Our Pick - Carrie Gold Events
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Maureen Doloughty
- People On The Move - Jennifer Jacobs
- People On The Move - Rabbi Sally J. Priesand
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Prime Surgicare
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater NJ
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™