- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- QuickChek Opens Newest Store In Morganville
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Kathleen Nolan of Family Focus Financial Group
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - World Jeep
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Tommy’s Coal Fired Pizza
- Gift Guide - Pelican Pool, Spa, & Patio
- Gift Guide - Tender Smiles 4 Kids
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- A Hanukkah Story
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
- Eats: Asahi
- The Home Gallery - Fuda Tile & Marble
- Our Picks
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- Health - StudioV Mind, Body and Soul
- Our Pick - Danielle Benanti
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Chad Clayton
- People On The Move - Sergio and Zen Rizzuto-Flancbaum
- People On The Move - Roddy Wildeman
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- The Guide 2015 - Victory Medical
- The Guide 2015 - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™