- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Iris Lurie
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - We Got Lites
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- Best Bet - John M. Young Jr., DDS
- Cover Story
- Bridging the Myth - Michael Kamil
- Nina Sophia Waga Mojares
- Taylor Totland – The Shotmaker
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Essential Elements Dance Studio
- The Guide 2014 - Dearborn Market
- Gift Guide - A and J Landscaping
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- A Diamond in the Rough - Habib
- Living History On A Gentleman's Farm - The Griswolds
- Backyard Bliss
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Jeunesse Medical Spa
- Parker Family Health Center Named Beneficiary
- Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club - In A League of Their Own
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Wagner College
- Company Profile - Salon Belladonna
- Company Profile - Marshall P. Allegra
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Mindy Gollin
- Bob Zander Colts Neck Fire Marshal
- People on the Move: Maureen Doloughty
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Tuscany Italian
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
- The Home Guide - Monmouth Beach Plantation
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™