- Around Town
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- Best Bet - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- Best Bet - Relief Source
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Old World Organics
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Chandelier
- Gift Guide - South Shore Paving
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Vein Institute of New Jersey
- Health - Premier Pain Centers
- Health - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- Newsletter Articles
- Dr. Peter Staats - Physician of the Year
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Letting In The Light
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - triSpace Interiors
- Our Pick - Kol Marble & Granite
- Our Pick: Monmouth Custom Builders
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jon Hornik
- People On The Move - Adam Lowy
- People On The Move - Peter Caram
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Garage Innovations
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - A and J Remodeling Services
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™