- Around Town
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- AskThe Experts - Frank D'Aponte
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - EXIT Realty East Coast
- Best Bet - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Best Bet - Gerald Peter's Gold Mine
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S.
- Gift Guide - Giglio Builders
- Gift Guide: JMH Home Design Consultants
- Health Talk
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Health - Inferno Training
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Newsletter Articles
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- Eats: The Colts Neck Inn
- Spotlight - Kitchens by Torrone
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- Our Pick - EXIT Realty East Coast
- Our Pick: Duffy Personal Training
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Mamie Amato Weiss
- People On The Move - Barbara Hilliard
- People On The Move - Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Craft Master Builders Corporation
- The Guide 2013 - Monmouth Stereo
- The Guide 2014 - Miles Ahead Sports
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™