- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Best Bet - The Healthy Palate
- Cover Story
- Dr. Yong and Moon Choo…On a Fascinating Life Journey.
- In Good Company - Walt Hameline
- Loud & Clear - Jim Hickey
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Crown Elegance Bridal
- Gift Guide - Land Rover Monmouth
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- Health Talk
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - CareOne
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health - Glenn Kolansky, M.D.
- Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
- An International Flair - Govil
- Easy Living On A Grand Scale - Alyson and Keith Arnott
- Newsletter Articles
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Judy Serhus - NJAR Circle of Excellence Gold Award Winner
- The Home - Rosen Decorators
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cheryl Ann Cook
- People On The Move - Ken Davis
- People On The Move - Michael Patrick
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Company Profile -Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Total Sound Entertainment
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™