- Around Town
- Jayne S. Carmody School Dedication
- Eagle Oaks Country Club Hosts 8th Annual Honor Day
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Expert - Joseph Abbate of Richmond Appliance
- Ask The Expert - Carolyn Welsh
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Contemporary Motor Cars
- Best Bet - Leather & Fur Ranch
- The Guide 2015 - Leather & Fur Ranch
- Day Tripper - South Street Seaport NYC
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- Eats: Addison Park
- Staten Island EatBeat - Ninos Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Jos Serrano
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2016 - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- Best Bet - American Repertory Ballet
- Gift Guide - Diamond Castle
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Blog - Joseph T. Mormino, D.D.S.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Skyn
- Health 2014 - Your Smile Sends A Message
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- A Hanukkah Story
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Gregg Mechanical
- Our Pick - Lauren Leo, Agent State Farm Insurance Company
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Daryl Schwenck
- People On The Move - Jason Gers
- People On The Move - Arthur Davey
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign
- The Guide 2015 - iPlay America
- The Guide 2015 - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
These procedures are done through small incisions, says Dr. Adeyeri. Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. Our patients love us because we take the time to explain, says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers, says Dr. Adeyeri. Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anythingenjoy a new lease on life.
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™