- Around Town
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - AnA Custom Closets
- Best Bet - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- The Guide 2015 - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- The Guide 2015 - Visage Hair Studio
- Best Bet - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Health - Kensington Court
- Health 2014 - Creating Beauty
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Newsletter Articles
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- The Home Gallery - Instone
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Darrell Reid
- People On The Move - Monica Vermeulen
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Alycia's Bistro
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
Obesity is a national epidemic.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 97 million adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese. That represents more than fifty percent of the adult population. Of this group, 11 million adults suffer from severe obesity.
The new Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center provides solutions and support for obese individuals seeking surgical weight loss who have been unable to lose weight through conventional dieting, exercise or weightloss medication.
Many of these individuals have struggled with their weight all their lives. They worry about being around to enjoy their kids and grand-kids. Having to deal with their own discomfort and frustration has led many area residents to seek help from Dr. Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D., medical director of the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A board certified, fellowship trained, bariatric surgeon, Dr. Adeyeri specializes in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and other minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
“These procedures are done through small incisions,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Patients can return to work and resume heavy lifting and strenuous activity, inmost cases, in about two weeks. Those who are able to do light duty at work may go back even sooner.”
People seeking obesity surgery must undergo medical and psychological evaluations to determine if they are candidates for surgery, and then participate in support groups following their surgery to ensure successful, long-term weight loss.
Dr. Adeyeri and his staff at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center always put the patient first. “Our patients love us because we take the time to explain,” says Dr. Adeyeri. "We show them how the surgeries are performed. We make sure that they really understand the care and support they will receive – before, during and after their procedure."
Dr. Adeyeri derives satisfaction from helping people overcome their obesity. “We watch lives transform as our patients start discovering a whole new world and the possibilities that life offers,” says Dr. Adeyeri. “Our focus at the Institute for Weight Loss at Raritan Bay Medical Center is to ensure that patients have their surgeries and then stay motivated, eat healthily, change undesired patterns, exercise, and more than anything…enjoy a new lease on life.”
More Information: (732) 324-5300
Powered by eDirectory™