- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Cover Story
- A Story Like No Other - Jim Nantz
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the “American Dream” in Colts Neck
- Acing It All - Michael Lippens
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Normandie Bakery
- Gift Guide - Carpet Yard
- Gift Guide -Grand Designs Doors, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - DeForte Dentistry
- Health - Soul Focus
- Health - Back 2 Health Family Wellness Center
- Newsletter Articles
- Wine Academy Superstores
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Vianney Institute of Learning
- Company Profile - cupcake confections™ at West End Confection Co.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Mary Weir
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- Kids On The Move - William Otto George IV
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2014 - Avanti Day Resort
- The Guide 2014 - Angelina’s Ristorante
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - New Jersey Best Lawns
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
Signs of Silent or Undiagnosed Diabetes
• Increased Urination
• More Frequent Urination at Night
• Increased Thirst
• Unexplained Weight Loss
• Increased Hunger
• Nerve Pain or Numbness
At least 1 in 14 people has diabetes, and the risk of diabetes for people of color over the age of 45 can be four times greater. Although there is no cure, diabetes can be managed by keeping blood sugar levels normal, maintaining proper nutrition and exercise, and monitoring insulin and other medications.
Signs of silent or undiagnosed diabetes can include: increased urination, more frequent urination at night, increased thirst, unexplained weight loss, increased hunger, nerve pain or numbness. “If you are experiencing all or a combination of these symptoms, see your doctor,” says Dr. Kaur. “And remember, having diabetes doesn’t mean you have to go it alone.”
People with diabetes should work with a diabetes care team which may include a family medicine physician, dietitian, diabetes educator, eye doctor, foot doctor, dentist, and possibly an exercise trainer. But remember, you are the most important member of your diabetes care team. Your health care team is there to help you manage your diabetes and maintain your good health.
Dr. Kaur encourages anyone recently diagnosed with diabetes to work closely with their family physician to learn all they can to monitor their diabetes. “Together you will find that, with proper management, people with diabetes can lead a full and active life,” says Dr. Kaur.
Powered by eDirectory™