- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Karens School of Fashion Creates and Collects Donations for Local High School Kids
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - K9 Resorts Daycare & Luxury Hotel
- The Guide 2015 - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Best Bet - Arianas Grand Woodbridge
- Day Tripper - Peddlers Village
- Day Tripper: Crayola Factory
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Advanced Vascular Solutions
- Gift Guide - Addison Park
- 2016 Guide - Piero's Restaurant & Banquet Hall
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Blog - CareOne at King James
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Back 2 Health Family Wellness Center
- HWB 2014 - Victory Medical Associates
- HWB 2015 - Saint Peters Sports
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- A Hanukkah Story
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Living in Colts Neck
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- Eats: Mumford's Culinary Center
- Our Pick - Jeunesse Medical Spa
- RCDS Committee Expands Teacher Learning
- People On The Move
- Colts Neck Member Of Jack & Jill Monmouth County Chapter
- People On The Move - David S. Baker
- People On The Move - Matthew Craw
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Browns Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- The Guide 2014 - XCEL Club
- The Guide 2015 - Page Plaza Diner
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
Signs of Silent or Undiagnosed Diabetes
More Frequent Urination at Night
Unexplained Weight Loss
Nerve Pain or Numbness
At least 1 in 14 people has diabetes, and the risk of diabetes for people of color over the age of 45 can be four times greater. Although there is no cure, diabetes can be managed by keeping blood sugar levels normal, maintaining proper nutrition and exercise, and monitoring insulin and other medications.
Signs of silent or undiagnosed diabetes can include: increased urination, more frequent urination at night, increased thirst, unexplained weight loss, increased hunger, nerve pain or numbness. If you are experiencing all or a combination of these symptoms, see your doctor, says Dr. Kaur. And remember, having diabetes doesnt mean you have to go it alone.
People with diabetes should work with a diabetes care team which may include a family medicine physician, dietitian, diabetes educator, eye doctor, foot doctor, dentist, and possibly an exercise trainer. But remember, you are the most important member of your diabetes care team. Your health care team is there to help you manage your diabetes and maintain your good health.
Dr. Kaur encourages anyone recently diagnosed with diabetes to work closely with their family physician to learn all they can to monitor their diabetes. Together you will find that, with proper management, people with diabetes can lead a full and active life, says Dr. Kaur.
Powered by eDirectory™