- Around Town
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Popular Daily Specials Return to AMA Ristorante
- Oceanfront Restaurants New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- Ask The Experts
- Oceana Designs
- Ask The Expert - Kathleen Nolan of Family Focus Financial Group
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Pinot's Palette
- 2016 Guide - Island Bliss Day Spa
- The Guide 2015 - Prime Surgicare
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Eats: Sickles Market
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Dining Out for the Holidays
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Drews Bayshore Bistro
- Gift Guide - Grounds Keeper, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Turning Point
- Health Talk
- Health - Atrium Post Acute Care
- Health - Advanced Surgical Health Associates
- Health Blog - Michael Mortensen, Visage Hair Studio NYC
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Avanti Day Resort
- Health 2015 - Orthopedics
- Health - Tara Gostovich, DMD Orthodontist
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Living in Colts Neck
- It's All in the Details
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Feels Like Home
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick Parallel Architectural Group
- Bentley Edison Vehicle Storage Special
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Decorating By Moira
- Our Pick - Jaguar Land Rover of Monmouth
- HWB 2014 - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Doreen Catena
- People On The Move: Lin Fong-O'Neill
- Kids On The Move - Sarah Milne
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- Company Profile - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons Sunrooms
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
Signs of Silent or Undiagnosed Diabetes
More Frequent Urination at Night
Unexplained Weight Loss
Nerve Pain or Numbness
At least 1 in 14 people has diabetes, and the risk of diabetes for people of color over the age of 45 can be four times greater. Although there is no cure, diabetes can be managed by keeping blood sugar levels normal, maintaining proper nutrition and exercise, and monitoring insulin and other medications.
Signs of silent or undiagnosed diabetes can include: increased urination, more frequent urination at night, increased thirst, unexplained weight loss, increased hunger, nerve pain or numbness. If you are experiencing all or a combination of these symptoms, see your doctor, says Dr. Kaur. And remember, having diabetes doesnt mean you have to go it alone.
People with diabetes should work with a diabetes care team which may include a family medicine physician, dietitian, diabetes educator, eye doctor, foot doctor, dentist, and possibly an exercise trainer. But remember, you are the most important member of your diabetes care team. Your health care team is there to help you manage your diabetes and maintain your good health.
Dr. Kaur encourages anyone recently diagnosed with diabetes to work closely with their family physician to learn all they can to monitor their diabetes. Together you will find that, with proper management, people with diabetes can lead a full and active life, says Dr. Kaur.
Powered by eDirectory™