- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Renaissance Pilates Now Open
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Dearborn Market
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Best Bet - Devine Creations Design Center
- Cover Story
- Eric Casaburi - Fearless
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- DayTripper: Princeton
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide - Vintner’s Circle
- Gift Guide - Weston Gallery
- Best Bet - Voyagers' Community School
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Health - Colts Neck Hot Yoga
- Health - Retina Consultants
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Instone
- The Home Gallery - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - C & M Realty
- Our Pick - Bayshore Community Hospital
- Our Pick - Blue Heron Designs
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ralph Blumenthal
- People On The Move - Jon Hornik
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- Company Profile - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- The Guide 2014 - Downtown Tile
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Red Bank FrameWorks
The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
Signs of Silent or Undiagnosed Diabetes
• Increased Urination
• More Frequent Urination at Night
• Increased Thirst
• Unexplained Weight Loss
• Increased Hunger
• Nerve Pain or Numbness
At least 1 in 14 people has diabetes, and the risk of diabetes for people of color over the age of 45 can be four times greater. Although there is no cure, diabetes can be managed by keeping blood sugar levels normal, maintaining proper nutrition and exercise, and monitoring insulin and other medications.
Signs of silent or undiagnosed diabetes can include: increased urination, more frequent urination at night, increased thirst, unexplained weight loss, increased hunger, nerve pain or numbness. “If you are experiencing all or a combination of these symptoms, see your doctor,” says Dr. Kaur. “And remember, having diabetes doesn’t mean you have to go it alone.”
People with diabetes should work with a diabetes care team which may include a family medicine physician, dietitian, diabetes educator, eye doctor, foot doctor, dentist, and possibly an exercise trainer. But remember, you are the most important member of your diabetes care team. Your health care team is there to help you manage your diabetes and maintain your good health.
Dr. Kaur encourages anyone recently diagnosed with diabetes to work closely with their family physician to learn all they can to monitor their diabetes. “Together you will find that, with proper management, people with diabetes can lead a full and active life,” says Dr. Kaur.
Powered by eDirectory™