- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Casale Jewelers
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- Best Bet - Elite Dental of Staten Island
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Ryser’s Landcape Supply
- Best Bet - Artistic Tile
- Gift Guide - Only Perfect Parties, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Test Sports Clubs
- Health - FOGLIA Skincare and Waxing Studio
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Newsletter Articles
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Our Pick - Baymar Farms
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Advanced Surgical & Bariatrics of NJ
- Our Pick: Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tali Axelrod
- People On The Move: Frank Holmgren
- Kids On The Move - Spencer Krug
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - CoCo Pari Boutique
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- Company Profile - Air Doctors
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May – National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. “There often aren’t any symptoms. The only way to beat the ‘silent killer’ is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many don’t know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a “Stroke Team Activation” alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™