- Around Town
- Operation Provide Comfort
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Nina Ferrer Design
- The Guide 2014 - Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Drew’s Bayshore Bistro
- Gift Guide - Colts Neck Dance
- The Guide 2014 - Essential Elements Dance Studio
- Health Talk
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- A Combination of Relaxed Elegance
- A Big House That Lives Small - Garofolo
- The Coriolans - An Eclectic Estate
- Newsletter Articles
- Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club - In A League of Their Own
- Duffy Personal Training Q&A
- Rich Ideas- Dos and Don’ts
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Thoroughbred Dental Arts
- Our Pick - AW Eurostile
- Wine Academy Superstores - Muscadet
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Eesha Ramanujam
- People On The Move: Tony Abbatiello
- People On The Move: Andrea Mesh
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Delicious Orchards
- Company Profile - JGS Insurance
- The Guide 2014 - Jeweled Studio
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May – National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. “There often aren’t any symptoms. The only way to beat the ‘silent killer’ is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many don’t know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a “Stroke Team Activation” alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™