- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Ask The Experts
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- The Guide 2014 - Brock Farms
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Who's Serving?
- Eat Beat - Anna’s Italian Kitchen
- Eat Beat - Turning Point
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Rosen Decorators
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Institute for Weight Loss
- Health - Cosmetics
- Health - Jersey Shore Body Wraps
- Newsletter Articles
- A Country Estate: The Mullaneys'
- The Home: Decorating Den
- Caring Heart Coronary Imaging Gives Families Hope
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Pit Boss Pure Barbecue
- Our Pick: BMW of Freehold
- Our Pick: Zaksons Fine Furniture and Interior Design
- People On The Move
- Mary Lou Moramarco - Volunteer Extraordinaire
- People On The Move - Tony Sloan
- People On The Move - Dennis Dayan
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Dish - Summer Guide 2013
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Denise L. Waldron, DMD
- The Guide 2014 - Manfredi Auto Group
- The Guide 2014 - Garage Innovations
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Carpets With A Twist
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May – National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. “There often aren’t any symptoms. The only way to beat the ‘silent killer’ is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many don’t know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a “Stroke Team Activation” alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™