- Around Town
- Meridian Weightless
- Big Game Day Party at the Tiki Bar at Driftwood
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask the Expert - Richard W. Clift
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Cover Story
- Barry Habib - Creative Entrepreneur
- Racing Royalty - Joe Bongiorno
- Loud & Clear - Jim Hickey
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - AJC Advisors
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- The Guide 2013 - Sunkissed Airbrush Tanning
- Health Talk
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health Talk - Kristin Belen, M.D.
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- A Hanukkah Story
- Newsletter Articles
- The View: The Bereznyaks
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- Our Picks
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Our Pick - Creative Design Center
- Company Profile - Gianna’s Italian Restaurant
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Barbara Marro
- People On The Move - Michael Patrick
- Kids On The Move - Eesha Ramanujam
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Visage Hair Studio
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- The Guide 2015 - Dearborn Market
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May – National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. “There often aren’t any symptoms. The only way to beat the ‘silent killer’ is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many don’t know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a “Stroke Team Activation” alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™