- Around Town
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Begins New Construction
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Hazlet Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - Red White & Blue Contracting
- The Guide 2013 - The Couture Exchange
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- HWB 2014 - Rejuvenate
- Our Picks
- Company Profile -Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Our Pick - The Lombardi Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center
- Builders Architectural Millwork, Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- People On The Move: Sue Princitto
- People On The Move - Lauren Sgroi
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May – National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. “There often aren’t any symptoms. The only way to beat the ‘silent killer’ is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many don’t know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a “Stroke Team Activation” alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™