- Around Town
- Meridian Health Completes Merger with Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Tigger House Foundation Fights Heroin and Prescription Opioid Epidemic
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Sussan, Greenwald & Wesler
- The Guide 2015 - Li Greci's Staaten
- The Guide 2015 - Bedford Tax Services
- Cover Story
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- Novel Ideas - Robin Friedman: Author, Journalist, and Jersey Girl
- Dave Scotti - Originality Is The Name of The Game
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Daytripper: Hunter Mountain
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2015 - Gravity Vault
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - McKay Imaging Photography Studio & Gallery
- The Guide 2015 - The Compounding Facility
- Best Bet - Mangia Healthy KItchen
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- Health Talk - Adnan F. Danish, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Company Profile - Vito Mazza Hair & Scalp Wellness
- HWB 2014 - Women's Center
- Health - East Coast Fitness Store
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Cortez Cigars
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- The Home Q&A - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Our Pick - Home Video Studio
- Company Profile - BMW of Freehold
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Daniel J. Messina
- People On The Move - Doreen Catena
- People On The Move - Jarrett Engel
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- The Guide 2016 - Visage Hair Studio NYC
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. There often arent any symptoms. The only way to beat the silent killer is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many dont know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a Stroke Team Activation alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™