- Around Town
- Is an independent school the right fit for your child?
- Oceanfront Restaurants New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- Hubbard Park Real Estate Becomes Exclusive Leverage Global Partner for Rumson, NJ
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- 2016 Guide - Delicious Orchards
- 2016 Guide - Bentley Edison
- The Guide 2014 - Essential Elements Dance Studio
- Cover Story
- Retired Mets Pitcher John Franco
- Susan Wigenton - United States District Judge
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the American Dream in Colts Neck
- Eat Beat - Antoinette Boulangerie
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Eat Beat - Puglia of Red Bank
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Miles Ahead Sports
- The Guide 2015 - Galaxy Toyota
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Talk - Michael R. DAgnes, FACHE
- Health Blog - John M. Taylor, M.D. Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Vincent Camarda, D.D.S., P.A.
- AMI Womens Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health - AMI - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Shingle Sensation - Ray and Ali McCabe
- Intimate Grandeur - The Fallettas
- A Regal Invitation - Gracie
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Ideal Tile Gallery
- AMI Honored As NJ BIZ Healthcare Hero
- The Home - Seaside Materials
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Advanced Surgical Health Associates
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Our Pick - Kol Marble & Granite
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: John Blakeslee
- Kids On The Move - Spencer Krug
- People On The Move - Robert Bobby Taylor
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Home Guide
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. There often arent any symptoms. The only way to beat the silent killer is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many dont know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a Stroke Team Activation alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™