- Around Town
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Resources Real Estate NJAR 2015 Award Winners
- Sickles Market - What to Do in the Garden in August
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Two River Theater Company
- Best Bet - Craft Master Builders Corp.
- The Guide 2015 - Wisteria of Red Bank
- Cover Story
- Stay Tooned - Keep an eye on Long Branchs Michael Attardi Animations New Maestro
- Mike Petke - New York Red Bulls Head Coach
- Lights, Camera...Cooper!
- Daytripper: Museum of Modern Art
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Erik Kitchen Design
- The Guide 2015 - Skin And Bones Day Spa
- Best Bet - DSM Enterprises Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - Lifestyles Medical
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Blog - CareOne at King James
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Blog - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Health Blog - Michael Mortensen, Visage Hair Studio NYC
- Health 2015 - Dental
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- A Hanukkah Story
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Our Picks
- Wine Academy Superstores
- Our Pick - HerSpace Breast Imaging and Biopsy Specialists
- Our Pick - Jeweled Studio
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tony Sloan
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- People on the Move: Barry Mohr
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - L Furs
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
May National Stroke Awareness Month
Did you know that up to eighty percent of strokes are preventable, yet it is expected that nearly 795,000 people in the U.S. will have a stroke this year?
Mirian Medina, R.N., Stroke Coordinator at RBMC, says that stroke can strike without warning. There often arent any symptoms. The only way to beat the silent killer is to know when your blood pressure is elevated and take steps to control your hypertension. One in three adults is hypertensive; many dont know it. The only way to know if you are hypertensive is to have your blood pressure checked by a medical professional.
Medication and lifestyle changes, such as exercising, dieting, quitting smoking and limiting salt intake, can be effective, especially for people in the pre-hypertensive range.
Specially trained staff at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, a NJ-designated Primary Stroke Center, can quickly implement life-saving protocols to control the effects of a stroke in patients arriving at the ED. For patients, this means rapid triage, diagnostic evaluation and treatment by a team of specialists who respond within minutes to a Stroke Team Activation alert, and who work together to provide seamless care for patients who may be having a stroke.
Powered by eDirectory™