- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Two River Theatre Annouces 20th Anniversary Season
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Cover Story
- PIX11 Anchor Sukanya Krishnan
- Grand Dame of Holmdel - Adeline “Addy” Lubkert
- Woman on a Mission, Senator Ellen Karcher: Wife, Mother and Senator of NJ
- DayTripper: NJ Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide -Grand Designs Doors, Inc.
- The Guide 2013 - Merri-Makers Catering
- Gift Guide - Chapel Hill Dental Arts
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - All-County Dermatology
- Health - Maximum Performance Fitness
- Health - Hospitals
- Newsletter Articles
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- The Home - Vizzini & Company
- The Home - Sunshine Solar Systems Inc.
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Graziano & Company CPAs
- Our Pick - Hammer House
- Health - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Stu Marcus
- People On The Move - Lauren Sgroi
- People On The Move - Dr. Paul Lenz
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Ski Barn
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- The Guide 2013 - DoubleTake Luxury Consignment Boutique
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™