- Around Town
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Beth Thomas-Edwards
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Career Gaudium
- The Guide 2015 - Jimmy's Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2015 - Zio Toto Italian Restaurant
- Cover Story
- Breaking News - Brian Thompson
- Retired Mets Pitcher John Franco
- A Major League Success - John Valentin
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Hart Investment Group
- Gift Guide - Denise L. Waldron DMD
- Gift Guide - The Samra Group
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Integrative Health Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Vision
- Health - AMI - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health - Maximum Performance Fitness
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - California Closets
- Bill Britton-Director of Golf Instruction
- The Home Gallery - Ralco Builders
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - SuzAnne and Gabor Barabas
- People On The Move: Frank Holmgren
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Victory Medical
- The Guide 2015 - Bedford Tax Services
- The Guide 2014 - Cortez Cigars
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™