- Around Town
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- AskThe Expert - Jack Giglio
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Terrazza Restaurant
- Best Bet - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Daytripper: Hunter Mountain
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Associated Pain Specialists
- The Guide 2015 - Delicious Orchards
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- Health Talk
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health Talk - Atlantic Eye Physicians
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Your Smile Sends A Message
- HWB 2015 - Atlantic Age Management
- Health - Soul Focus
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Ideal Tile of Ocean
- Our Pick: Red Restaurant & Lounge
- Our Pick: Ultimate Backyard Spas ’N More
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cynthia Scott
- People on the Move: Stu Marcus
- People On The Move - Arthur Davey
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Fertility
- The Guide 2014 - 2 Chicks With Chocolate
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™