- Around Town
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Cory Schifter of Casale Jewelers
- Ask The Experts: Dr. Manolis G. Manolakakis
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Ama Ristorante at Driftwood
- The Guide 2014 - Trek Bicycle Store of Middletown
- Best Bet - Elite Dental of Staten Island
- Cover Story
- Felipe Rose: Village People's Macho Man
- Forward Progress - Wayne Chrebet CN
- Sheer Genius
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- Gift Guide - Encompass Outdoors
- The Guide 2015 - St. George Theatre
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Kensington Court
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- Health 2014 - Taking your Workout Outside
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Country Living - Bullivant
- Living History On A Gentleman's Farm - The Griswolds
- Elegant and Inviting, The Bellomos Home Offers Warmth to Friends and Family
- Newsletter Articles
- Company Profile - Cunningham Orthopaedics
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- Asbury Park
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey
- Company Profile - CKO Middletown Kickboxing
- Our Picks: Morgan Stanley
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Sarah Guenzburger
- People on the Move: Ibrahim Naboulsi
- People on the Move: Karen Nealis
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Family Focus Financial Group
- The Guide 2015 - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign®
- The Guide 2015 - KryoLife Staten Island
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™