- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Ask The Experts: William Kilbride, Owner Critelli & Kilbride Realtors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Guide 2014 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- Cover Story
- Dave Scotti - Originality Is The Name of The Game
- Going Solo - Cathy Mumford
- Dr. Dinosaur ...aka Dr. Paul Kovalski
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Eat Beat - Surv Kitchen & Lounge
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Our Pick - Sofra Turkish Cuisine
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- Gift Guide - Down To Basics
- Gift Guide - Contemporary Motor Cars
- Health Talk
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- HWB 2014 - Victory Medical Associates
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Elegant and Inviting, The Bellomos Home Offers Warmth to Friends and Family
- Continuing Stories - The Bianchinos
- On Water's Edge - The Boyle House
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Town & Country Gallery
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Forefront Homes Builds Homes That Welcome, Comfort And Inspire
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Zaksons Fine Furniture
- Our Pick - LPA Strategic Capital
- Our Pick: The Atrium
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Jeanne Patterson
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- The Guide 2014 - Delicious Orchards
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Kitchen & Bath Station
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™