- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Ask The Expert - Total Vein and Rejuvenation Center
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - The Healthy Palate
- Best Bet - Atlantic Age Management
- The Guide 2015 - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- DayTripper: Northlandz
- DayTripper: Laurita Vineyards & Winery
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Bacarella Interiors
- Gift Guide - Illusion Steakhouse
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast - Gerine A. Skamarak
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - GENESIS Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- Health - Caring Dental
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Living in Colts Neck
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- Luxurious, Lavish, and Livable
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- Our Picks
- Our Picks: Light FX
- Atlantic Medical Imaging - Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Our Pick - Shore Runner
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Kim Folio-Dorland
- Kids On The Move - Alyssa Staats
- People On The Move - Wendy Lasater
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Guide 2015 - Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- The Guide 2014 - Limor Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Piazza di Roma
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™