- Around Town
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- Cover Story
- Coming Full Circle - Michael Pomarico goes back to where it all started and gives back
- Precious Metals - Jim Gary
- George Joynson: History Detective
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- DayTripper: NJ Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Pelican Pool, Spa, & Patio
- Gift Guide - Alcoeur Gardens
- The Guide 2014 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- Health - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- Our Pick - Advanced Body Rehabilitation Center
- Company Profile - The Back Relief and Comfort Store
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Anjelica Chickara
- People On The Move - Dr. Tricia Gilbert
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - XCEL Club
- The Guide 2014 - Home Living Furniture
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™