- Around Town
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Expert - Richard W. Clift
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Vik’s Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2015 - Morgan Fertility
- Cover Story
- Dutchess of Dearborn
- The Art of Fencing with Thomas Hearne
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- Best Bet - Kukulina Jewelers
- Gift Guide - Town and Country Kitchen and Bath
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- Bill Britton-Director of Golf Instruction
- Company Profile - BMW of Freehold
- The Home - Agostino Antiques Gallery
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Cabinet Logistics LLC
- Company Profile - The Dermatology Centers of NJ
- Our Pick - Only Perfect Parties
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Tim McDonnell
- People on the Move: Bernadette Rogoff
- People On The Move - Peter Caram
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- The Guide 2015 - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™