- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Mike Moretti
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Bentley Edison
- The Guide 2014 - InHaus Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - The Appalachian Trail
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Monmouth Street Tile
- Gift Guide - Agostino
- The Guide 2014 - Beach Music Studios
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - AMG Family Dentistry
- Health - The Solace Day Spa & Salon
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Living in Colts Neck
- Impeccable Style
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Lynn's Speech Therapy Center
- Letting In The Light
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Company Profile - Marshall P. Allegra
- Our Pick - Bear and Birch
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Rabbi Donald Weber
- People On The Move - John Dias
- People On The Move - Jon Hornik
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- The Guide 2013 - Poor Cat Designs
- DISH - 2014 Monmouth County Guide
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - Vizzini & Company
- The Home Guide - Ron Youmans, Jr.
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™