- Around Town
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert: Asaad H. Samra, M.D.
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- Best Bet - Cozmos Hair Color Studio
- Best Bet - Glo Bar Skin Art Studio
- Monmouth Eat Beat - It’s Greek to Me
- Eats: Delfini Italian Gourmet
- Staten Island EatBeat - Nino’s Restaurant
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Orrico Realty
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Gift Guide - Buy Rite Wine & Liquor
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Your Smile Sends A Message
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Easy Living On A Grand Scale - Alyson and Keith Arnott
- Behind The Red Door
- Old World Charm: The Lowys
- Newsletter Articles
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- The Home Gallery - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Q&A - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Green Technology
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Rosen Decorators
- Company Profile - EuropeanWax Center
- The Grove at Shrewsbury and Grove West
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd
- People On The Move: Bruce Baron
- Valerie Niess - Raising Environmental And Political Awareness
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™