- Around Town
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- The Guide 2014 - Male Ego Barber Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- Cover Story
- Lee “Elvis” Halpern
- The Q Factor - Quincy Mumford
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- Day Tripper - Mountain Creek Resort
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide: Grecian Outdoor Design
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
- Gift Guide - JFS Interiors LLC.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Dermatology Center
- Health - Sunquest Day Spa
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Living in Colts Neck
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- The Triple Crown
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Advanced Home Remodeling
- Eats: Asahi
- Health - Inferno Training
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - J Vincent Jewelers
- Our Pick - The Malvern School
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: C. Arthur Albrizio
- People On The Move - Jennifer Jacobs
- People on the Move: Michael Chirico
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Liberty Homes of Staten Island, Inc.
- Company Profile - Steven A. Morgan, M.D.,F.A.C.O.G.
- The Guide 2013 - INDULGE Lounge & Food Bar
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™