- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Pauline Poyner
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - DSM Enterprises Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - B and A Jewelers
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- Cover Story
- The Q Factor - Quincy Mumford
- PIX11 Anchor Sukanya Krishnan
- The Art of Fencing with Thomas Hearne
- Day Tripper - American Museum of Natural History
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Eats: Rosalia Italian Marketplace
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Mikes - We Buy Gold
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond University Medical Center
- Gift Guide - Air Doctors, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- Rich Ideas- Dos and Don’ts
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Bob Gassaway
- People On The Move - Reverend Monsignor Eugene M. Rebeck
- People on the Move: Ralph Blumenthal
- Summer Guide
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- The Guide 2014 - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- The Guide 2014 - Physicians For Alternative Medicine
- The Home Guide
- The Home - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™