- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Meridian Weightless
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Ask The Expert - Ann Hughes, M.D.
- Ask The Expert: Iris Lurie
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Ember Fireplaces
- Best Bet - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- The Guide 2014 - Grecian Pools
- Cover Story
- Dutchess of Dearborn
- Loud & Clear - Jim Hickey
- John Green - ABC News Award-Winning Producer
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond University Medical Center
- Best Bet - Turning Point of Holmdel
- The Guide 2014 - Staten Island Mall
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
- The Home - Penterman Kitchens
- Weigh In - What is the worst gift you ever received?
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Soul Focus
- Our Pick - Top Line Appliance Center
- Our Pick - Tuscany Italian Specialty Foods
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Carl Johnson
- Eric Ginsberg - Bringing People Together Through Music
- People On The Move - Jon Hornik
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Fit for Life
- The Guide 2013 - Hazlet Pharmacy
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Total Sound Entertainment
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™