- Around Town
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium® of Marlboro
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Hot Tubs by HotSpring
- Best Bet - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- The Guide 2015 - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Bayshore Community Health Services
- Health - East Coast Fitness Store
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- On Water's Edge - The Boyle House
- That's Entertainment - The Pathakars'
- Life with an OCEAN VIEW
- Newsletter Articles
- Bentley Edison Vehicle Storage Special
- Eats: Red
- A First for Everything - Kim Guadagno
- Our Picks
- Health - Advanced Dentistry
- Our Picks: Rockwell Dentistry
- Our Pick - Gerald Peters Goldmine
- People On The Move
- Carmine Visone teaching important lessons
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- People On The Move - Kim Folio-Dorland
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Delicious Orchards
- The Guide 2015 - Anemos Greek
- The Guide 2015 - Cuozzo Orthodontics
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™