- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Relief Source
- Best Bet - Grand Marquis
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast Doreen DeMarco
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - McKay Imaging Photography Studio & Gallery
- Custom Photo and Framing - Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Gold Leaf Jewelers
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick: Visual Impact Decorating
- The Home Gallery - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home - Affordable Garage Doors
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Bruce Baron
- People On The Move - Rabbi Michelle D. Pearlman
- People On The Move - Mary Connell Gaynor
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Saint Peter’s National Gianna Center for Women’s Health & Fertility
- Our Pick - Homeclick Lighting
- The Guide 2013 - The Couture Exchange
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - California Closets®
- The Home - Giglio Builders
The Home - Dulce Feito-Daly
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Design . Project Management . Consulting
23 White Street
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Dulce Feito-Daly’s advice on remodeling and redecorating.
Where does a homeowner start when building or remodeling a home?
Start with listing your concerns with regard to your home’s structure, architecture, floor plan, décor and present and future family needs. Determine a budget by deciding not only how much you can afford to spend but how much you want to spend. Have a realtor assess your existing home or property relative to your neighborhood, in order to evaluate how much to invest in building or remodeling. Make tracking budget details easy by using a program like Microsoft Excel. Establishing clear budget guidelines will help you strategize more clearly.
Develop a plan for executing your project. Decide if you want to do some of the work yourself or have a professional do it all. Home projects of any size are stressful enough; think about how it will affect your relationships with family members. Strongly consider if you will have the skills, resources, time and energy to do any of the work yourself. Generally speaking, friends and family don’t usually meet one’s expectations in helping with home projects. Think twice before accepting offers from those close to you. It may cost you more to fix mistakes done by non-professionals.
Most cannot do everything at once, so have reasonable expectations for completing the work. Your general contractor and a design project manager can help you plan the various project phases. Remember that it is a process and by phasing the work you will be able to better make decisions. We all love to watch home remodeling shows on TV but home owner’s beware. They are not always realistic by making the process seem simpler and more economical than they really are. Most quick remodel programs don’t tell you that the labor and many materials were donated. Also, the magic of TV can transform a home in days but that is not how it will happen in real life.
There are many types of professional services available to aid you in the process of home building and remodeling. You can pick and choose who will help you meet your goals and stay on budget. An interior designer/project manager will save you time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. They will provide you with valuable guidance to make solid, well informed decisions and maintain control of your project. The process should be a rewarding and enjoyable one resulting in a warm, classic design that truly reflects the one’s uniqueness.
Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC is a client focused custom interior design, consulting and project management firm. Catering to a diverse residential and commercial client base, the firm is partnered with certified suppliers and contractors, craftsmen and artisans that are essential to the successful completion of every project. New construction, complete renovations, redecorating, preparation of a property for sale and seasonal designing are all within the scope of the firm’s work.
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
Powered by eDirectory™