- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Cover Story
- Pro Wrestler Robbie E.
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Peter Criss - Nine Lives & Counting
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Day Tripper - FRENCHTOWN
- The Monmouth EatBeat - Trinity Restaurant
- Monmouth EatBeat - Beach Tavern Restaurant
- Eats: Rosalia Italian Marketplace
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Merry Mutts
- Gift Guide - Ganga Asian Bistro
- The Guide 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Wellness Center Pharmacy & Surgical
- Health - Bonavita Laser Centers
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - World Subaru
- Company Profile - World Subaru
- Company Profile - Freedom Boat Club, NJ
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Mary Spadea
- Kids On The Move - Michael and Ally Baratta,and Sally Carden
- People On The Move - Carmine Visone
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Nina Ferrer
- The Guide 2015 - Alycia's Bistro
- The Guide 2014 - The Malvern School
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
AirTight SprayFoam® Insulation
450 Shrewsbury Plaza
What are some tips to help me save energy this winter?
Many times I have heard people say that they have plenty of insulation but their home is still cold or too expensive to heat in the winter. Energy required for heating and cooling accounts for over half of your total energy bill and money that is spent on proper insulation will be returned in energy savings. However, there is something that is often overlooked and should be done even before you add insulation.
Air leakage in a home results in energy inefficiency. If you have an open window, cold air is going to come in and make the room difficult to heat. It is relatively simple to check for penetrations coming into your home. Anything that passes from the heated area of your home to the outside or unheated area needs to be checked. Examples include TV cables, plumbing, and ductwork. In the attic, sources of heat loss can include recessed lights and pull down stairs. Spaces around windows, doors and outlets can be big sources of air infiltration. Often, a few hours spent with weatherstrip, caulk and some expanding foam can result in a huge improvement in your comfort level and your energy bill. Of course, use common sense and be safe.
A good source of information is www.energysavers.gov
Powered by eDirectory™