- Around Town
- Creating A Company Culture - Resources Real Estate
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- DermOne Welcomes Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Joseph Abbate of Richmond Appliance
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium of Marlboro
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Set The Stage
- The Guide 2015 - KryoLife Staten Island
- The Guide 2015 - Audi Freehold
- Cover Story
- Staten Island Borough President James S. Oddo
- Forward Progress - Wayne Chrebet JS
- Acing It All - Michael Lippens
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Childrens Museum
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Its Greek to Me
- Staten Island EatBeat - Maxs Es-Ca
- Monmouth EatBeat - B2 Bistro
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Surv Kitchen & Lounge
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- Gift Guide - AJC Advisors
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health Talk - Kristin Belen, M.D.
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Skyn
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Health - Back 2 Health Family Wellness Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Everything Old is New Again - A Monmouth Beach Classic Shore Colonial Reinvented
- Full Circle - The Gamzas
- That's Entertainment - The Pathakars'
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- All The Pretty Horses
- La Bella Vita!
- Newsletter Articles
- What Finishes a Room?
- Duffy Personal Training Q&A
- The Home - Creating A Home Office
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Shoppes At Old Bridge
- Company Profile - Caroline Glicksman, MD
- Our Pick - Top Line Appliance Center
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Bruce Baron
- People On The Move - Bill Mack
- People On The Move - Andrew Scher
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - Emilys
- The Guide 2015 - Skin And Bones Day Spa
- The Guide 2015 - St. George Theatre
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - Rodmans Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
AirTight SprayFoam Insulation
450 Shrewsbury Plaza
What are some tips to help me save energy this winter?
Many times I have heard people say that they have plenty of insulation but their home is still cold or too expensive to heat in the winter. Energy required for heating and cooling accounts for over half of your total energy bill and money that is spent on proper insulation will be returned in energy savings. However, there is something that is often overlooked and should be done even before you add insulation.
Air leakage in a home results in energy inefficiency. If you have an open window, cold air is going to come in and make the room difficult to heat. It is relatively simple to check for penetrations coming into your home. Anything that passes from the heated area of your home to the outside or unheated area needs to be checked. Examples include TV cables, plumbing, and ductwork. In the attic, sources of heat loss can include recessed lights and pull down stairs. Spaces around windows, doors and outlets can be big sources of air infiltration. Often, a few hours spent with weatherstrip, caulk and some expanding foam can result in a huge improvement in your comfort level and your energy bill. Of course, use common sense and be safe.
A good source of information is www.energysavers.gov
Powered by eDirectory™