- Around Town
- Meridian Weightless
- Voyagers' Community School - Open House
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- The Guide 2015 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- The Guide 2014 - Pier Village
- Cover Story
- Carol Stillwell - Business Leader, Philanthropist, Equestrian
- Loud & Clear - Jim Hickey
- Sheer Genius
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Day Tripper - Peddlers Village
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2015 - The Cracked Olive Market
- Best Bet - The Spine and Pain Institute of New York
- Gift Guide - Colts Neck Dance
- Health Talk
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Studio 455 Hair Salon
- Chakra Salon & Spa
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Fuda Tile & Marble
- Letting In The Light
- Eagle Oaks Country Club Hosts Honor Day
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Lincroft Village Dental
- Our Pick - Cosmetic & Dermatologic Surgery Associates
- Our Pick - The Wellness Center Pharmacy
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Ray Andersen
- People On The Move - Dr. Tricia Gilbert
- Kids On The Move: Danielle D’Elia
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Meridian Health
- The Guide 2015 - Karen's School of Fashion
- The Guide 2015 - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Guide - Kitchen & Bath Station
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
AirTight SprayFoam® Insulation
450 Shrewsbury Plaza
What are some tips to help me save energy this winter?
Many times I have heard people say that they have plenty of insulation but their home is still cold or too expensive to heat in the winter. Energy required for heating and cooling accounts for over half of your total energy bill and money that is spent on proper insulation will be returned in energy savings. However, there is something that is often overlooked and should be done even before you add insulation.
Air leakage in a home results in energy inefficiency. If you have an open window, cold air is going to come in and make the room difficult to heat. It is relatively simple to check for penetrations coming into your home. Anything that passes from the heated area of your home to the outside or unheated area needs to be checked. Examples include TV cables, plumbing, and ductwork. In the attic, sources of heat loss can include recessed lights and pull down stairs. Spaces around windows, doors and outlets can be big sources of air infiltration. Often, a few hours spent with weatherstrip, caulk and some expanding foam can result in a huge improvement in your comfort level and your energy bill. Of course, use common sense and be safe.
A good source of information is www.energysavers.gov
Powered by eDirectory™