- Around Town
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Expert - John Coscia of AJC Advisors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - IVF New Jersey
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Guide 2015 - Massage Envy Spa - Holmdel
- Cover Story
- Precious Metals - Jim Gary
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- Woman on a Mission, Senator Ellen Karcher: Wife, Mother and Senator of NJ
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Jimmy's Fine Jewelry
- Gift Guide - Clothing & Style Consulting
- The Guide 2015 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health Talk - Mancini Giuffre Salon and Spa
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Chips Salon
- Health - Marlboro Dental Arts
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- On Water's Edge - The Boyle House
- Timeless Classicism - Flancbaum
- That's Entertainment - The Pathakars'
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha
- Company Profile -Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Our Picks: Morgan Stanley
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Jesse Greenberg
- People On The Move - Laura Brunetti
- People On The Move - Dr. Paul Lenz
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Dish - Summer Guide 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - DeMarco’s Catering & Gourmet Deli
- The Guide 2015 - Staten Island Furrier
- The Guide 2015 - Ink Couture NYC
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
AirTight SprayFoam® Insulation
450 Shrewsbury Plaza
What are some tips to help me save energy this winter?
Many times I have heard people say that they have plenty of insulation but their home is still cold or too expensive to heat in the winter. Energy required for heating and cooling accounts for over half of your total energy bill and money that is spent on proper insulation will be returned in energy savings. However, there is something that is often overlooked and should be done even before you add insulation.
Air leakage in a home results in energy inefficiency. If you have an open window, cold air is going to come in and make the room difficult to heat. It is relatively simple to check for penetrations coming into your home. Anything that passes from the heated area of your home to the outside or unheated area needs to be checked. Examples include TV cables, plumbing, and ductwork. In the attic, sources of heat loss can include recessed lights and pull down stairs. Spaces around windows, doors and outlets can be big sources of air infiltration. Often, a few hours spent with weatherstrip, caulk and some expanding foam can result in a huge improvement in your comfort level and your energy bill. Of course, use common sense and be safe.
A good source of information is www.energysavers.gov
Powered by eDirectory™