- Around Town
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Athena Learning Center
- The Guide 2014 - Downtown Tile
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- Cover Story
- His Honor - Patrick Impreveduto
- Dr. Yong and Moon Choo…On a Fascinating Life Journey.
- Joe Boyle – on the Road to Exceptional
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- Daytripper: Liberty Science Center
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond County Country Club
- Gift Guide - Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club
- Gift Guide - Pine Belt Nissan
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- Health - Atlantic Age Management
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick: Marlboro Dental Arts, PC
- The Home Gallery - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- The Home Guide - The White Sands Oceanfront Hotel & Spa
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - California Closets of Central NJ
- Our Pick: Edge Sports Academy and Health Club
- Wine Academy Superstores - Muscadet
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Shannon Bauer
- People On The Move - Robert “Bobby” Taylor
- People On The Move - Nick Blanchard
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- The Guide 2014 - Fit for Life
- Company Profile - CKO Middletown Kickboxing
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
AirTight SprayFoam® Insulation
450 Shrewsbury Plaza
What are some tips to help me save energy this winter?
Many times I have heard people say that they have plenty of insulation but their home is still cold or too expensive to heat in the winter. Energy required for heating and cooling accounts for over half of your total energy bill and money that is spent on proper insulation will be returned in energy savings. However, there is something that is often overlooked and should be done even before you add insulation.
Air leakage in a home results in energy inefficiency. If you have an open window, cold air is going to come in and make the room difficult to heat. It is relatively simple to check for penetrations coming into your home. Anything that passes from the heated area of your home to the outside or unheated area needs to be checked. Examples include TV cables, plumbing, and ductwork. In the attic, sources of heat loss can include recessed lights and pull down stairs. Spaces around windows, doors and outlets can be big sources of air infiltration. Often, a few hours spent with weatherstrip, caulk and some expanding foam can result in a huge improvement in your comfort level and your energy bill. Of course, use common sense and be safe.
A good source of information is www.energysavers.gov
Powered by eDirectory™