- Around Town
- Karen’s School of Fashion Creates and Collects Donations for Local High School Kids
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Ask The Expert - David Finkel
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Executive Detail
- Gift Guide - Contemporary Motor Cars
- Best Bet - Atlantic Architectural Millwork
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- HWB 2015 - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Hearing Loss
- Company Profile - Center for Sleep Medicine at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health - Brock Farms
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Driven to Excellence - Bobby Ciasulli
- Private Retreat - Colyandro
- Sunrise to Sunset - The Bonfiglio's
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Monmouth St. Tile
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance - The Spa Experience
- The Home Q&A - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Central Jersey Pools
- Massage LuXe Opens 2nd Location
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Sergio and Zen Rizzuto-Flancbaum
- People On The Move: Kristin Beck
- People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Contemporary Motor Cars
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Family Focus Financial Group
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
Monmouth Beach Classic Shingle-Style Cottage Feels Like Home to the La Cortes
Dean and Danielle La Corte met in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, in 1989, while Dean was working as a manager in his brother’s restaurant and Danielle was waitressing there while attending college. Dean had roots in the Jersey Shore area and had always liked Monmouth Beach, in particular; he even bought a restaurant there, called Haul Out, which he has since sold. He now owns DJS Management, a real estate company that buys commercial and residential properties, rehabilitates and renovates them, and then rents them out.
Danielle and Dean owned a house on West Street when they became aware of a great lot for sale around the corner from them, big enough on which to build their dream home. At the time, they had three children – Sophia, Jack, and Sam – and wanted to give the kids a bit more space to fully enjoy their childhood. The ¾ acre lot had an older home on it, but the location and the shape of the lot proved to be a perfect fit for their new construction project. Danielle and Dean knew they wanted to stay in Monmouth Beach and for their children to continue to enjoy the fine school system; they love the small town feel that surrounds them and their family. The beach continues to be a favorite hangout, and everything a family could need is within a short drive or walk from their new home.
They purchased the lot in 2005 and began to design their beautiful shingle-style house with the creative help of friend and , architect Anthony Condouris. The new construction began on January 1, 2007 and the family moved in on November 13, 2007. The finished project reflects the tasteful, elegant, and detail-oriented personalities of Dean and Danielle, and the family now has the space to stretch out and embrace the Monmouth Beach lifestyle.
The overall design and cool, subtle, color tones used on the walls play off the detailed woodwork and trim mouldings to create a classic sense of timelessness in this well conceived home. Dean was meticulous in his management of all the construction elements and contractors thatworked on his family’s newhome.The house is heated by a radiant heating system(with the exception of the third floor), and even extends the system to the outdoor room to add a little extra warmth.The large wood-burning hearth is the focal point of thismost used and enjoyed space, serving to extend the living area beyond the home’s architecturally fixed walls.
Dean and Danielle were clear about a few things from the very beginning of the design process: authenticity, comfort, and a family-friendly concept were to be part of the final design plan for their dream home. The use of naturalmaterials, including a cedar shingle exterior, marble and slate tile, and quarter sawn oak floors all combine to create a classic andwarmfeeling to this home, both inside and out.
The laundry room includes two sets of stainless steel washers and dryers; this formidable workspace stands at the ready to clean just about anything the active La Corte family can throw at it. Providing a blast of color, the crystal chandelier and marble sink offer a bright accent to the downstairs powder room.
The La Cortes planned for an active lifestyle, and each of the family members have their own open locker set in the practically planned-out mud room. These lockers come in handy, since Danielle often throws her children’s “stuff” into their locker spaces after picking them up from some less appropriate resting place.
Danielle and Dean knew their kitchen would be the activity center of the new home, and planned accordingly.The large center island is kid-friendly, with a built-in microwave at kid height; it also affords plenty of space for homework on the Brown Cohiba granite countertop.The six- burnerViking® range with built-in griddle, two dishwashers, and double wall ovens are all about serious cooking and entertaining. The restaurant-style faucet comes in handy when cleaning deep pots and pans, and the clean lines of the cabinetry create an uncluttered and classic appeal.
The children have a shared bath that continues the clean lines and comfortable floor plan of the home. Each of their bedrooms reflect their individual interests and personalities, as does the rest of this family-friendly, architecturally well-thought-out home.
Attention to detail and meticulous craftsmanship can be seen throughout the La Corte residence.The master bedroom features warm colors and a watercolor abstract painting over the bed, adding a splash of color and a feeling that the tide is coming in at sunset.
Lighting fixtures and hardware accessories were chosen with as much care as any element in this carefully constructed and designed home.The lighting fixtures create a modern counterpoint throughout, and rubbed-bronze door levers and hinges look as if they might have been forged more than a century ago.
Powered by eDirectory™