- Around Town
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- 2012 Meridian Health Foundation Gala Success
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Michael R. D’Agnes
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Atlantic Plumbing Supply
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - CoCo Pari Boutique
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Rosen Decorators
- Day Tripper - Lakota Wolf Preserve
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Day Tripper - Peddlers Village
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Dickstein Associates Agency
- Gift Guide - Holiday Pools
- Gift Guide - Ferguson Bath, Kitchen..
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health - Inferno Training
- Health - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics & Invisalign
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- La Bella Vita!
- It's All in the Details
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Eats: Mumford's Culinary Center
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- Our Picks
- Health - Physicians for Alternative Medicine, P.C.
- Company Profile - A Perfect Gift by Marilyn
- Company Profile - Freedom Boat Club, NJ
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Cara Smith
- People On The Move - Linette Reeman
- People On The Move - Peter Caram
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Jeweled Studio
- The Guide 2013 - Anna's Italian Kitchen
- The Guide 2013 - Lincroft Village Jewelers
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home - JGS Insurance
The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
Monmouth Beach Classic Shingle-Style Cottage Feels Like Home to the La Cortes
Dean and Danielle La Corte met in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, in 1989, while Dean was working as a manager in his brother’s restaurant and Danielle was waitressing there while attending college. Dean had roots in the Jersey Shore area and had always liked Monmouth Beach, in particular; he even bought a restaurant there, called Haul Out, which he has since sold. He now owns DJS Management, a real estate company that buys commercial and residential properties, rehabilitates and renovates them, and then rents them out.
Danielle and Dean owned a house on West Street when they became aware of a great lot for sale around the corner from them, big enough on which to build their dream home. At the time, they had three children – Sophia, Jack, and Sam – and wanted to give the kids a bit more space to fully enjoy their childhood. The ¾ acre lot had an older home on it, but the location and the shape of the lot proved to be a perfect fit for their new construction project. Danielle and Dean knew they wanted to stay in Monmouth Beach and for their children to continue to enjoy the fine school system; they love the small town feel that surrounds them and their family. The beach continues to be a favorite hangout, and everything a family could need is within a short drive or walk from their new home.
They purchased the lot in 2005 and began to design their beautiful shingle-style house with the creative help of friend and , architect Anthony Condouris. The new construction began on January 1, 2007 and the family moved in on November 13, 2007. The finished project reflects the tasteful, elegant, and detail-oriented personalities of Dean and Danielle, and the family now has the space to stretch out and embrace the Monmouth Beach lifestyle.
The overall design and cool, subtle, color tones used on the walls play off the detailed woodwork and trim mouldings to create a classic sense of timelessness in this well conceived home. Dean was meticulous in his management of all the construction elements and contractors thatworked on his family’s newhome.The house is heated by a radiant heating system(with the exception of the third floor), and even extends the system to the outdoor room to add a little extra warmth.The large wood-burning hearth is the focal point of thismost used and enjoyed space, serving to extend the living area beyond the home’s architecturally fixed walls.
Dean and Danielle were clear about a few things from the very beginning of the design process: authenticity, comfort, and a family-friendly concept were to be part of the final design plan for their dream home. The use of naturalmaterials, including a cedar shingle exterior, marble and slate tile, and quarter sawn oak floors all combine to create a classic andwarmfeeling to this home, both inside and out.
The laundry room includes two sets of stainless steel washers and dryers; this formidable workspace stands at the ready to clean just about anything the active La Corte family can throw at it. Providing a blast of color, the crystal chandelier and marble sink offer a bright accent to the downstairs powder room.
The La Cortes planned for an active lifestyle, and each of the family members have their own open locker set in the practically planned-out mud room. These lockers come in handy, since Danielle often throws her children’s “stuff” into their locker spaces after picking them up from some less appropriate resting place.
Danielle and Dean knew their kitchen would be the activity center of the new home, and planned accordingly.The large center island is kid-friendly, with a built-in microwave at kid height; it also affords plenty of space for homework on the Brown Cohiba granite countertop.The six- burnerViking® range with built-in griddle, two dishwashers, and double wall ovens are all about serious cooking and entertaining. The restaurant-style faucet comes in handy when cleaning deep pots and pans, and the clean lines of the cabinetry create an uncluttered and classic appeal.
The children have a shared bath that continues the clean lines and comfortable floor plan of the home. Each of their bedrooms reflect their individual interests and personalities, as does the rest of this family-friendly, architecturally well-thought-out home.
Attention to detail and meticulous craftsmanship can be seen throughout the La Corte residence.The master bedroom features warm colors and a watercolor abstract painting over the bed, adding a splash of color and a feeling that the tide is coming in at sunset.
Lighting fixtures and hardware accessories were chosen with as much care as any element in this carefully constructed and designed home.The lighting fixtures create a modern counterpoint throughout, and rubbed-bronze door levers and hinges look as if they might have been forged more than a century ago.
Powered by eDirectory™