- Around Town
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Dr. John M. Young
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - DSM Enterprises Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Best Bet - Maserati - The Key to an Extraordinary Life
- Cover Story
- Joshing Around
- A Story Like No Other - Jim Nantz
- Novel Ideas - Robin Friedman: Author, Journalist, and Jersey Girl
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Day Tripper - Delaware Water Gap
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Ragui Sadek MD FACS
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- The Cutting Edge
- Valerie Schwab - Home Sweet Home
- Following the Natural Progression - The Edelman Family
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Cabitron
- The Home Gallery - Odyssey Land Design Group
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
- Our Picks
- Braddock's Menswear
- Company Profile - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Company Profile - Atlantic Plumbing Supply
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ann Yokum
- People On The Move - Lou Morreale
- People On The Move - Lauren Sgroi
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - A Perfect Gift by Marilyn
- Company Profile - Grand Design Doors, Inc.
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home Guide - Richmond Tile & Bath
The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
Monmouth Beach Classic Shingle-Style Cottage Feels Like Home to the La Cortes
Dean and Danielle La Corte met in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, in 1989, while Dean was working as a manager in his brother’s restaurant and Danielle was waitressing there while attending college. Dean had roots in the Jersey Shore area and had always liked Monmouth Beach, in particular; he even bought a restaurant there, called Haul Out, which he has since sold. He now owns DJS Management, a real estate company that buys commercial and residential properties, rehabilitates and renovates them, and then rents them out.
Danielle and Dean owned a house on West Street when they became aware of a great lot for sale around the corner from them, big enough on which to build their dream home. At the time, they had three children – Sophia, Jack, and Sam – and wanted to give the kids a bit more space to fully enjoy their childhood. The ¾ acre lot had an older home on it, but the location and the shape of the lot proved to be a perfect fit for their new construction project. Danielle and Dean knew they wanted to stay in Monmouth Beach and for their children to continue to enjoy the fine school system; they love the small town feel that surrounds them and their family. The beach continues to be a favorite hangout, and everything a family could need is within a short drive or walk from their new home.
They purchased the lot in 2005 and began to design their beautiful shingle-style house with the creative help of friend and , architect Anthony Condouris. The new construction began on January 1, 2007 and the family moved in on November 13, 2007. The finished project reflects the tasteful, elegant, and detail-oriented personalities of Dean and Danielle, and the family now has the space to stretch out and embrace the Monmouth Beach lifestyle.
The overall design and cool, subtle, color tones used on the walls play off the detailed woodwork and trim mouldings to create a classic sense of timelessness in this well conceived home. Dean was meticulous in his management of all the construction elements and contractors thatworked on his family’s newhome.The house is heated by a radiant heating system(with the exception of the third floor), and even extends the system to the outdoor room to add a little extra warmth.The large wood-burning hearth is the focal point of thismost used and enjoyed space, serving to extend the living area beyond the home’s architecturally fixed walls.
Dean and Danielle were clear about a few things from the very beginning of the design process: authenticity, comfort, and a family-friendly concept were to be part of the final design plan for their dream home. The use of naturalmaterials, including a cedar shingle exterior, marble and slate tile, and quarter sawn oak floors all combine to create a classic andwarmfeeling to this home, both inside and out.
The laundry room includes two sets of stainless steel washers and dryers; this formidable workspace stands at the ready to clean just about anything the active La Corte family can throw at it. Providing a blast of color, the crystal chandelier and marble sink offer a bright accent to the downstairs powder room.
The La Cortes planned for an active lifestyle, and each of the family members have their own open locker set in the practically planned-out mud room. These lockers come in handy, since Danielle often throws her children’s “stuff” into their locker spaces after picking them up from some less appropriate resting place.
Danielle and Dean knew their kitchen would be the activity center of the new home, and planned accordingly.The large center island is kid-friendly, with a built-in microwave at kid height; it also affords plenty of space for homework on the Brown Cohiba granite countertop.The six- burnerViking® range with built-in griddle, two dishwashers, and double wall ovens are all about serious cooking and entertaining. The restaurant-style faucet comes in handy when cleaning deep pots and pans, and the clean lines of the cabinetry create an uncluttered and classic appeal.
The children have a shared bath that continues the clean lines and comfortable floor plan of the home. Each of their bedrooms reflect their individual interests and personalities, as does the rest of this family-friendly, architecturally well-thought-out home.
Attention to detail and meticulous craftsmanship can be seen throughout the La Corte residence.The master bedroom features warm colors and a watercolor abstract painting over the bed, adding a splash of color and a feeling that the tide is coming in at sunset.
Lighting fixtures and hardware accessories were chosen with as much care as any element in this carefully constructed and designed home.The lighting fixtures create a modern counterpoint throughout, and rubbed-bronze door levers and hinges look as if they might have been forged more than a century ago.
Powered by eDirectory™