- Around Town
- Two River Theatre Annouces 20th Anniversary Season
- Vote For Jacquie Lee
- The Atlantic Fencing Academy Announces District Winners
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Experts: Dr. John M. Young
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Floor Covering International
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Fred Astaire Dance Studio
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Day Tripper - Staten Island Ferry Adventure
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Ganga Asian Bistro
- Gift Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- Black Friday Gift Guide - Dance Attitudes
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Bonavita Laser Centers
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- Newsletter Articles
- Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club - In A League of Their Own
- Architectural Accents Kitchen Showcase
- LOWER YOUR PROPERTY TAXES
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - HerSpace Breast Imaging and Biopsy Specialists
- Our Pick - Asahi
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cheryl A. Krause-Parello
- People On The Move: Kevin O’Malley
- People On The Move - Donna Stefano
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - INDULGE Lounge & Food Bar
- The Guide 2013 - Bear and Birch
- The Guide 2013 - Merri-Makers Catering
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - New Jersey Best Lawns
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
Weigh In - Favorite restaurant in Monmouth County
06/28/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
“What’s your favorite restaurant in Monmouth County?”
As a great food lover once said, "So many restaurants, so little time."
How would you decide on your favorite pick, given the hundreds, seemingly thousands of restaurants of all types that exist to tempt us in Monmouth County? But who’s counting. We’re lucky indeed to live in an area with so many choices.
Spending a sunny Saturday at Pier Village in Long Branch is like experiencing a microcosm for the many restaurant picks in Monmouth County. Spin around and from fancy to family friendly, you can find it all, dining-wise, at Pier Village, from high-end Avenue to big island Shaka to let’s go back to the 50’s retro Stewarts Root Beer.
At Family Fun Day at Pier Village, sponsored by the Community YMCA, we asked a sampling of individuals about their favorite Monmouth County "go to" restaurants.
It seems most people have not just one favorite restaurant but two or three. And they’re fast to name them. Ask them why and they either reference a particular dish, or a great value, or the terrific atmosphere or view. A few spoke wistfully of an amazing meal had at an award-winning Monmouth County restaurant, naming it their favorite even if they’ve only been there once, or maybe even not at all but hope to go one day soon. Value is big these days, as are the restaurants we’ve gone to forever that never seem to change, and we like it that way.
Thanks to all the restaurateurs, chefs, managers and wait staff in Monmouth County who keep us coming back for more. Whether you stick to your old favorites or try some of the recommendations here, your friends at Living In Media say "bon appetit" to a summer spent enjoying our many delectable Monmouth County restaurants.
Federici’s Family Italian restaurant in Freehold. The Chicken Federici is my favorite!
-Shannon Jacobs, Manalapan
Buona Sera in Red Bank. Good Italian food and it’s just five minutes away.
-David Garbeg, Middletown
Salt Creek Grille in Rumson. The food, the view and the atmosphere make it my favorite.
-Jeanine Orth, Long Branch
Red Lobster, any location. I’m a big seafood eater.
-Mark Spencer, Long Branch
Copper Canyon in Atlantic Highlands. Great food and a really extensive choice of tequila.
-Liz Marrin, Long Branch
Nauvoo in Fair Haven. It’s close to home.
-Theresa Winters, Fair Haven
Avenue in Pier Village, Long Branch. I’ve only been their once but I can’t wait to go back. I could have licked the plate clean, plus the space is beautiful and the service is great. The menu is really different and definitely worth it.
-Lisa Brown, Tinton Falls
Gaetano’s in Red Bank. We go there a lot. It’s really kid friendly.
-Tom Whyte, Red Bank
Parker House in Sea Girt. A one pound lobster for $9 – what a great deal.
-Alanna Montalvano, Colts Neck
Sawa in Pier Village. Good food and I had a good experience there. I would definitely go back.
-Chris Adcock, Long Branch
Sally Tee’s in Monmouth Beach. It’s a very nice place right on the water. Any restaurant on the water is my favorite restaurant.
-Gloria Gutierrez, Marlboro
(M) Angelica’s in Sea Bright. The menu is extensive, with lots of specials. (I) Restaurant Nicholas in Middletown. It’s very elegant and the service is impeccable.
-Michael and Isa Beck, Long Branch
(D) Buona Sera in Red Bank. Great food and lots of it. (A) Spano’s in Point Pleasant. Yeah, I know it’s not in Monmouth County but it’s so good I just have to tell you. BYOB. Very local. On the beach. We go there all year long!
-Dee and Art Schneider, Tinton Falls
The Downtown in Red Bank. Great live music, a great crowd, and a really open feeling with the big windows.
-George Grob, Eatontown
Chelango’s in the Highlands. It’s homey and nice with great drinks, great Sangria.
-Christine Smith, Long Branch
Rosina’s in Shrewsbury. Taste their pizza and you’ll think you are in Italy. Their food is incredible, cooked to perfection. Nice Italian music in the background.
-Jackie Ross, Lincroft
Barnacle Bill’s in Rumson. I love the view of the river. I love the food. I love everything about it.
-Diane Trezza, Middletown
The Metropolitan Café in Freehold. Good food, good drinks, and it’s a really nice place.
-Tommy Martinez, Toms River
The Turning Point in Little Silver. It’s the only place I can sit down and have eggs with Bon Jovi.
-Allen Magory, Lavallette
I have to say I absolutely love Brioso’s in Marlboro. I always feel like I am home with my Momma in the kitchen making homemade sauce and ziti.
-Joe Marriano, Marlboro
Casa Comida in Long Branch. Good smothered bean burritos and great margaritas. Gotta keep them in business.
-Barbara McFadden, Fair Haven
Sawa in Pier Village. The coconut sushi – try it!
-Leigh Montalvano, Colts Neck
Powered by eDirectory™