- Around Town
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Is an independent school the right fit for your child?
- Popular Daily Specials Return to AMA Ristorante
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- AskThe Expert - Stacy Lynn Costa MA, Ed.S.
- Ask The Expert - David Finkel
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - InHaus Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
- Best Bet - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Guide 2015 - Skin And Bones Day Spa
- Cover Story
- John Green - ABC News Award-Winning Producer
- Dr. Maureen Murphy
- Woman on a Mission, Senator Ellen Karcher: Wife, Mother and Senator of NJ
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
- Best Bet - Devine Creations Design Center
- The Guide 2015 - Victory Medical
- Health Talk
- Company Profile - fostermd
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- All The Pretty Horses
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Our Pick - Jaguar Monmouth
- Our Pick - Rosen Decorators
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- People On The Move - Robert Bobby Taylor
- People On The Move - Nick Marchese
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Town & Country Kitchen & Bath
- The Guide 2015 - Lindabury McCormick
- The Guide 2015 - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
Weigh In - Favorite restaurant in Monmouth County
06/28/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
Whats your favorite restaurant in Monmouth County?
As a great food lover once said, "So many restaurants, so little time."
How would you decide on your favorite pick, given the hundreds, seemingly thousands of restaurants of all types that exist to tempt us in Monmouth County? But whos counting. Were lucky indeed to live in an area with so many choices.
Spending a sunny Saturday at Pier Village in Long Branch is like experiencing a microcosm for the many restaurant picks in Monmouth County. Spin around and from fancy to family friendly, you can find it all, dining-wise, at Pier Village, from high-end Avenue to big island Shaka to lets go back to the 50s retro Stewarts Root Beer.
At Family Fun Day at Pier Village, sponsored by the Community YMCA, we asked a sampling of individuals about their favorite Monmouth County "go to" restaurants.
It seems most people have not just one favorite restaurant but two or three. And theyre fast to name them. Ask them why and they either reference a particular dish, or a great value, or the terrific atmosphere or view. A few spoke wistfully of an amazing meal had at an award-winning Monmouth County restaurant, naming it their favorite even if theyve only been there once, or maybe even not at all but hope to go one day soon. Value is big these days, as are the restaurants weve gone to forever that never seem to change, and we like it that way.
Thanks to all the restaurateurs, chefs, managers and wait staff in Monmouth County who keep us coming back for more. Whether you stick to your old favorites or try some of the recommendations here, your friends at Living In Media say "bon appetit" to a summer spent enjoying our many delectable Monmouth County restaurants.
Federicis Family Italian restaurant in Freehold. The Chicken Federici is my favorite!
-Shannon Jacobs, Manalapan
Buona Sera in Red Bank. Good Italian food and its just five minutes away.
-David Garbeg, Middletown
Salt Creek Grille in Rumson. The food, the view and the atmosphere make it my favorite.
-Jeanine Orth, Long Branch
Red Lobster, any location. Im a big seafood eater.
-Mark Spencer, Long Branch
Copper Canyon in Atlantic Highlands. Great food and a really extensive choice of tequila.
-Liz Marrin, Long Branch
Nauvoo in Fair Haven. Its close to home.
-Theresa Winters, Fair Haven
Avenue in Pier Village, Long Branch. Ive only been their once but I cant wait to go back. I could have licked the plate clean, plus the space is beautiful and the service is great. The menu is really different and definitely worth it.
-Lisa Brown, Tinton Falls
Gaetanos in Red Bank. We go there a lot. Its really kid friendly.
-Tom Whyte, Red Bank
Parker House in Sea Girt. A one pound lobster for $9 what a great deal.
-Alanna Montalvano, Colts Neck
Sawa in Pier Village. Good food and I had a good experience there. I would definitely go back.
-Chris Adcock, Long Branch
Sally Tees in Monmouth Beach. Its a very nice place right on the water. Any restaurant on the water is my favorite restaurant.
-Gloria Gutierrez, Marlboro
(M) Angelicas in Sea Bright. The menu is extensive, with lots of specials. (I) Restaurant Nicholas in Middletown. Its very elegant and the service is impeccable.
-Michael and Isa Beck, Long Branch
(D) Buona Sera in Red Bank. Great food and lots of it. (A) Spanos in Point Pleasant. Yeah, I know its not in Monmouth County but its so good I just have to tell you. BYOB. Very local. On the beach. We go there all year long!
-Dee and Art Schneider, Tinton Falls
The Downtown in Red Bank. Great live music, a great crowd, and a really open feeling with the big windows.
-George Grob, Eatontown
Chelangos in the Highlands. Its homey and nice with great drinks, great Sangria.
-Christine Smith, Long Branch
Rosinas in Shrewsbury. Taste their pizza and youll think you are in Italy. Their food is incredible, cooked to perfection. Nice Italian music in the background.
-Jackie Ross, Lincroft
Barnacle Bills in Rumson. I love the view of the river. I love the food. I love everything about it.
-Diane Trezza, Middletown
The Metropolitan Caf in Freehold. Good food, good drinks, and its a really nice place.
-Tommy Martinez, Toms River
The Turning Point in Little Silver. Its the only place I can sit down and have eggs with Bon Jovi.
-Allen Magory, Lavallette
I have to say I absolutely love Briosos in Marlboro. I always feel like I am home with my Momma in the kitchen making homemade sauce and ziti.
-Joe Marriano, Marlboro
Casa Comida in Long Branch. Good smothered bean burritos and great margaritas. Gotta keep them in business.
-Barbara McFadden, Fair Haven
Sawa in Pier Village. The coconut sushi try it!
-Leigh Montalvano, Colts Neck
Powered by eDirectory™