- Around Town
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market: Frank Luccarelli
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - By Design Landscapes, Inc
- The Guide 2014 - Royal Dinettes
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Eat Beat - Bahrs Landing
- Eat Beat - Holiday Buzz: Who's Serving?
- Eat Beat - Angelinaís Ristorante
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Custom Photo and Framing - Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Northshore Menswear
- Gift Guide - A and J Landscaping
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Radiology
- Health - Cunningham Orthopaedics
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Living in Colts Neck
- The Triple Crown
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Gratitude in Guatemala
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Monmouth St Tile
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home - Viscon Builders Gallery
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Cavallo Construction Company
- Our Pick - Giglio Builders LLC
- Company Profile - Cunningham Orthopaedics
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Matthew Craw
- People On The Move - Mindy Gollin
- People On The Move - Chad Clayton
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- The Guide 2014 - Tom Rostron Co. Inc.
- Company Profile - The Atlantic Fencing Academy
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
- The Home Guide - Rodmanís Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - New Jersey Best Lawns
Weigh In - Favorite restaurant in Monmouth County
06/28/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
ďWhatís your favorite restaurant in Monmouth County?Ē
As a great food lover once said, "So many restaurants, so little time."
How would you decide on your favorite pick, given the hundreds, seemingly thousands of restaurants of all types that exist to tempt us in Monmouth County? But whoís counting. Weíre lucky indeed to live in an area with so many choices.
Spending a sunny Saturday at Pier Village in Long Branch is like experiencing a microcosm for the many restaurant picks in Monmouth County. Spin around and from fancy to family friendly, you can find it all, dining-wise, at Pier Village, from high-end Avenue to big island Shaka to letís go back to the 50ís retro Stewarts Root Beer.
At Family Fun Day at Pier Village, sponsored by the Community YMCA, we asked a sampling of individuals about their favorite Monmouth County "go to" restaurants.
It seems most people have not just one favorite restaurant but two or three. And theyíre fast to name them. Ask them why and they either reference a particular dish, or a great value, or the terrific atmosphere or view. A few spoke wistfully of an amazing meal had at an award-winning Monmouth County restaurant, naming it their favorite even if theyíve only been there once, or maybe even not at all but hope to go one day soon. Value is big these days, as are the restaurants weíve gone to forever that never seem to change, and we like it that way.
Thanks to all the restaurateurs, chefs, managers and wait staff in Monmouth County who keep us coming back for more. Whether you stick to your old favorites or try some of the recommendations here, your friends at Living In Media say "bon appetit" to a summer spent enjoying our many delectable Monmouth County restaurants.
Federiciís Family Italian restaurant in Freehold. The Chicken Federici is my favorite!
-Shannon Jacobs, Manalapan
Buona Sera in Red Bank. Good Italian food and itís just five minutes away.
-David Garbeg, Middletown
Salt Creek Grille in Rumson. The food, the view and the atmosphere make it my favorite.
-Jeanine Orth, Long Branch
Red Lobster, any location. Iím a big seafood eater.
-Mark Spencer, Long Branch
Copper Canyon in Atlantic Highlands. Great food and a really extensive choice of tequila.
-Liz Marrin, Long Branch
Nauvoo in Fair Haven. Itís close to home.
-Theresa Winters, Fair Haven
Avenue in Pier Village, Long Branch. Iíve only been their once but I canít wait to go back. I could have licked the plate clean, plus the space is beautiful and the service is great. The menu is really different and definitely worth it.
-Lisa Brown, Tinton Falls
Gaetanoís in Red Bank. We go there a lot. Itís really kid friendly.
-Tom Whyte, Red Bank
Parker House in Sea Girt. A one pound lobster for $9 Ė what a great deal.
-Alanna Montalvano, Colts Neck
Sawa in Pier Village. Good food and I had a good experience there. I would definitely go back.
-Chris Adcock, Long Branch
Sally Teeís in Monmouth Beach. Itís a very nice place right on the water. Any restaurant on the water is my favorite restaurant.
-Gloria Gutierrez, Marlboro
(M) Angelicaís in Sea Bright. The menu is extensive, with lots of specials. (I) Restaurant Nicholas in Middletown. Itís very elegant and the service is impeccable.
-Michael and Isa Beck, Long Branch
(D) Buona Sera in Red Bank. Great food and lots of it. (A) Spanoís in Point Pleasant. Yeah, I know itís not in Monmouth County but itís so good I just have to tell you. BYOB. Very local. On the beach. We go there all year long!
-Dee and Art Schneider, Tinton Falls
The Downtown in Red Bank. Great live music, a great crowd, and a really open feeling with the big windows.
-George Grob, Eatontown
Chelangoís in the Highlands. Itís homey and nice with great drinks, great Sangria.
-Christine Smith, Long Branch
Rosinaís in Shrewsbury. Taste their pizza and youíll think you are in Italy. Their food is incredible, cooked to perfection. Nice Italian music in the background.
-Jackie Ross, Lincroft
Barnacle Billís in Rumson. I love the view of the river. I love the food. I love everything about it.
-Diane Trezza, Middletown
The Metropolitan Cafť in Freehold. Good food, good drinks, and itís a really nice place.
-Tommy Martinez, Toms River
The Turning Point in Little Silver. Itís the only place I can sit down and have eggs with Bon Jovi.
-Allen Magory, Lavallette
I have to say I absolutely love Briosoís in Marlboro. I always feel like I am home with my Momma in the kitchen making homemade sauce and ziti.
-Joe Marriano, Marlboro
Casa Comida in Long Branch. Good smothered bean burritos and great margaritas. Gotta keep them in business.
-Barbara McFadden, Fair Haven
Sawa in Pier Village. The coconut sushi Ė try it!
-Leigh Montalvano, Colts Neck
Powered by eDirectory™