- Around Town
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Resources Real Estate Receives Nominations For Excellence
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Iris Lurie
- Ask The Expert - Joe Adelfio of Closettec NJ
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Privé
- Best Bet - Colts Neck Racquet Club
- Best Bet - The Spine and Pain Institute of New York
- Cover Story
- Grand Dame of Holmdel - Adeline Addy Lubkert
- Brittany Eyres - On the Track to Success
- Precious Metals - Jim Gary
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Fall Guide
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Fred Astaire Dance Studio
- Best Bet - Ace Home Improvements
- 2016 Guide - Emilys
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- AMI Womens Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health Talk - Rockwell Dentistry
- HWB 2014 - Frederick L. Sabido, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Newsletter Articles
- Red Bank Cabinet Company
- Practical Design: Decorating On A Budget
- The Home Gallery - Fuda Tile & Marble
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Karen Medlin
- Kids On The Move - Matthew Welch
- People On The Move - Linette Reeman
- Summer Guide
- Our Pick 2016 - Hot Tubs by HotSpring
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Best Bet - The Boondocks Fishery Red Bank
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Guide 2014 - Atlantis Centers, Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Best Bet - Community Appliance
Weigh In - Favorite restaurant in Monmouth County
06/28/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
Whats your favorite restaurant in Monmouth County?
As a great food lover once said, "So many restaurants, so little time."
How would you decide on your favorite pick, given the hundreds, seemingly thousands of restaurants of all types that exist to tempt us in Monmouth County? But whos counting. Were lucky indeed to live in an area with so many choices.
Spending a sunny Saturday at Pier Village in Long Branch is like experiencing a microcosm for the many restaurant picks in Monmouth County. Spin around and from fancy to family friendly, you can find it all, dining-wise, at Pier Village, from high-end Avenue to big island Shaka to lets go back to the 50s retro Stewarts Root Beer.
At Family Fun Day at Pier Village, sponsored by the Community YMCA, we asked a sampling of individuals about their favorite Monmouth County "go to" restaurants.
It seems most people have not just one favorite restaurant but two or three. And theyre fast to name them. Ask them why and they either reference a particular dish, or a great value, or the terrific atmosphere or view. A few spoke wistfully of an amazing meal had at an award-winning Monmouth County restaurant, naming it their favorite even if theyve only been there once, or maybe even not at all but hope to go one day soon. Value is big these days, as are the restaurants weve gone to forever that never seem to change, and we like it that way.
Thanks to all the restaurateurs, chefs, managers and wait staff in Monmouth County who keep us coming back for more. Whether you stick to your old favorites or try some of the recommendations here, your friends at Living In Media say "bon appetit" to a summer spent enjoying our many delectable Monmouth County restaurants.
Federicis Family Italian restaurant in Freehold. The Chicken Federici is my favorite!
-Shannon Jacobs, Manalapan
Buona Sera in Red Bank. Good Italian food and its just five minutes away.
-David Garbeg, Middletown
Salt Creek Grille in Rumson. The food, the view and the atmosphere make it my favorite.
-Jeanine Orth, Long Branch
Red Lobster, any location. Im a big seafood eater.
-Mark Spencer, Long Branch
Copper Canyon in Atlantic Highlands. Great food and a really extensive choice of tequila.
-Liz Marrin, Long Branch
Nauvoo in Fair Haven. Its close to home.
-Theresa Winters, Fair Haven
Avenue in Pier Village, Long Branch. Ive only been their once but I cant wait to go back. I could have licked the plate clean, plus the space is beautiful and the service is great. The menu is really different and definitely worth it.
-Lisa Brown, Tinton Falls
Gaetanos in Red Bank. We go there a lot. Its really kid friendly.
-Tom Whyte, Red Bank
Parker House in Sea Girt. A one pound lobster for $9 what a great deal.
-Alanna Montalvano, Colts Neck
Sawa in Pier Village. Good food and I had a good experience there. I would definitely go back.
-Chris Adcock, Long Branch
Sally Tees in Monmouth Beach. Its a very nice place right on the water. Any restaurant on the water is my favorite restaurant.
-Gloria Gutierrez, Marlboro
(M) Angelicas in Sea Bright. The menu is extensive, with lots of specials. (I) Restaurant Nicholas in Middletown. Its very elegant and the service is impeccable.
-Michael and Isa Beck, Long Branch
(D) Buona Sera in Red Bank. Great food and lots of it. (A) Spanos in Point Pleasant. Yeah, I know its not in Monmouth County but its so good I just have to tell you. BYOB. Very local. On the beach. We go there all year long!
-Dee and Art Schneider, Tinton Falls
The Downtown in Red Bank. Great live music, a great crowd, and a really open feeling with the big windows.
-George Grob, Eatontown
Chelangos in the Highlands. Its homey and nice with great drinks, great Sangria.
-Christine Smith, Long Branch
Rosinas in Shrewsbury. Taste their pizza and youll think you are in Italy. Their food is incredible, cooked to perfection. Nice Italian music in the background.
-Jackie Ross, Lincroft
Barnacle Bills in Rumson. I love the view of the river. I love the food. I love everything about it.
-Diane Trezza, Middletown
The Metropolitan Caf in Freehold. Good food, good drinks, and its a really nice place.
-Tommy Martinez, Toms River
The Turning Point in Little Silver. Its the only place I can sit down and have eggs with Bon Jovi.
-Allen Magory, Lavallette
I have to say I absolutely love Briosos in Marlboro. I always feel like I am home with my Momma in the kitchen making homemade sauce and ziti.
-Joe Marriano, Marlboro
Casa Comida in Long Branch. Good smothered bean burritos and great margaritas. Gotta keep them in business.
-Barbara McFadden, Fair Haven
Sawa in Pier Village. The coconut sushi try it!
-Leigh Montalvano, Colts Neck
Powered by eDirectory™