- Around Town
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- AskThe Experts - Virginia McDonald
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Guide 2014 - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- Best Bet - Carlo's Bakery
- Cover Story
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Joshing Around
- A Hidden Beauty - The Greenbergs
- Day Tripper - Spa Castle
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Eats: Branches Catering
- Eat Beat - Sam Vera Restaurant
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Rosen Decorators
- Gift Guide - John Kling Cutom Homes
- Gift Guide - Master Parkís Black Belt America
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Old Bridge Center PT
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health - Caring for our Seniors
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Select Technology Group
- JDRF 12th Annual Need for Speed Gala
- The Home Gallery - Advanced Home Remodeling
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Hart Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Our Pick - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha
- Our Pick - Shrewsbury Volkswagen
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - John Dias
- People On The Move - Monica Vermeulen
- People On The Move: Mary Weir
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Reproductive Science Center of NJ
- The Guide 2014 - Surv Kitchen & Lounge
- The Guide 2014 - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Visit Brock Farms
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
Weigh In - If you were to live anywhere....
05/03/2012 - By Paul Williams
If you were to live anywhere your heart desired, where would that be?
The ancient philosopher Saint Augustine once said, ďThe world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.Ē (Thankfully for Monmouth County, this winterís page was not quite as white as last yearís.) With 196 countries that have innumerable varieties of cities, cultures, climates, cuisines, and landscapes, our world sounds more like an entire library now than just the single book Augustine likened it to (unless he was referring to Proustís epic 4,211-page In Search of Lost Time.) Weíll give him a pass since most explorers through the 4th century were afraid theyíd fall off the edge of the Earth if they travelled too far; however, his premise still rings true today. Thereís a large, vast, beautiful world out there, and we only see a small scope of it at a time.
As I traversed the four corners of our great county (we could write an entire book on Monmouth alone!) for a sampling of answers from residents enjoying the day at our beaches, parks and shopping malls, I noticed some prevalent themes in their dream destinations. Almost every one of our participants desired to live in a warm, comfortable climate near the ocean. Who can blame them? Many also needed to live amongst friendly neighbors, great food, and a diversity of entertainment options. And whether itís where they live now, where they were raised, or where their lineage hails from, just like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, some of them felt thereís no place like home.
So, before the comfortable, ideal weather of another Jersey summer arrives, try to envision where you would like to live permanently, if given the choice. Also keep in mind that itís never too early to book your next winter vacation.
Somewhere out west in either San Diego or Los Angeles. Itís got a great climate, with a mild winter and good surf.
- Dan Casselli
The Tuscany region of Italy. It has the best food in the world and some of the friendliest people in the world.
- William Santanglo
I would be just fine here in Holmdel. The school systems are great, and Holmdel Park is beautiful and so close to home.
- Mary Ann Anshelelwitz
Iíve travelled around and I would say Tel Aviv, Israel. Itís a chic city and has a perfect climate.
- Joel Markel
Iíll live anywhere where there are palm trees, blue water, and warm weather. You donít have to shovel heat.
- Jerry Almpi
We would like to go back to Poland. Itís a totally different lifestyle over there. People spend as much of their free time as they can with nature, and we love the outdoors.
- Mike and Agnest K
I would just like to live anywhere in nature. I love the tranquility of it. I could listen to the chirping of the birds all day.
- Sriran Rajappa
Australia. Iíve wanted to live there since I was little. The reefs are beautiful, and Iíd love to explore the desert and see the famous opera house.
- Amanda Merced
Christchurch, New Zealand. Iíve read and heard a lot about it from other people and it sounds like an ideal place to live. Itís got good weather, great scenery close to the shore, and friendly people.
- Anne Kingshott
You canít beat Hawaii. Tropical climate means great weather, palm trees, and the ocean. Thereís nothing better.
- Rick Kingshott
New York City. Itís such a cultural and cosmopolitan hot spot. Itís a city of action, and with all the diversity, itís always exciting.
- Dan Celenti
Fort Lauderdale, FL. The east coast water is so warm there, and the weather is always consistent.
- Jeff and Connie Hitt
Iíd love to live in Greece. Thatís where my lineage is. The cleanliness of the country is outstanding. The people and the food there canít be topped.
- Tom K
St. Martin or St. Thomas. I was there once on vacation and it was breathtaking. I wish I could go back forever.
- Ashley Ferrera
Iíd be fine in Point Pleasant. Iíve lived there for 51 years and I love it. Itís close to the water, and just a great place to live.
- Betty Mazich
Italy. Iíve travelled all over the world, and I would say Italy. Itís got some of the best history of any country in the world.
- David Laverde
Arizona. I grew up there and have never been anywhere else that made me as happy. The people are friendly and mountains and rocks are amazing.
- Maureen Curt
Brooklyn, NY. Itís not homogenized like other parts of the country. The cultures are so diverse, and with the urban atmosphere, youíll always find something to do, but itís not as crowded as Manhattan.
- Larry L.
Iíd like to stay right here in the United States. This is one of the most stable countries in the world, and the opportunities we have are unmatched.
- Gerard I.
Being Jewish, I would say Israel. Iíve been there before and I love being there around the great cuture. I could stay there forever.
- Joeseph E. Ramapo
South Carolina, near the Appalachian Mountains. It has some of the cleanest, serene scenery in our country.
- Karen March
Right here in New Jersey. Weíve got it all: The ocean, mountains, and weíre close to Atlantic City, New York, and Philadelphia. Thereís no shortage of entertainment here.
- Richard R.
The Amalfi Coast in Italy. Iíd love to move there, buy a villa and a farm and just live off of nature like the Native Americans did here.
- Rosa I.
Powered by eDirectory™