- Around Town
- Tigger House Foundation Fights Heroin and Prescription Opioid Epidemic
- Hubbard Park Real Estate Becomes Exclusive Leverage Global Partner for Rumson, NJ
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- 2016 Guide - Schneider & Nelson Porsche
- Best Bet - Renaissance Pilates Red Bank
- The Guide 2015 - Red Bank River Center
- Cover Story
- Middletown’s Trevor van Riemsdyk
- Arts & Scientist - Ilya Raskin, Ph.D.
- John D'Leo - The Kid's Got Skills
- Day Tripper - National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Day Tripper - Wild West City
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Staten Island EatBeat - Chinar On The Island
- Monmouth EatBeat - TAPEO
- Eat Beat - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Danielle Spressert
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast Doreen DeMarco
- Health Talk
- Company Profile - Vascular & Interventional Specialists, PC
- HWB 2015 - Advanced Surgical Healthcare Associates
- Health Talk - Pop Weight Loss
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Integrative Health Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health - Body N Balance Massage Therapy
- Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine - Serving Our Veterans Program
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - ABL
- The Home - H2o Bath & Kitchen Elegance - The Spa Experience
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- Our Pick - Marshall P. Allegra, MD
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiology Mammography Center
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Barry Mohr
- People On The Move - Ralph Lucci
- People On The Move - John Nies
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Rosen Decorators
- The Guide 2015 - Daszkowski, Tompkins, Weg & Carbonella CPA PC
- The Guide 2015 - Rockwell Dentistry
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Oasis Backyard Farms
- The Home Guide - Creative Kitchens
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
Weigh In - Musical Montage
...in any culture, any time period, anywhere in the world, people love it. From tribal drums to synthesizer, big band to hip-hop, country ballads to heavy metal, everybody loves some type of music. But very few people love everything, and some people are very particular about not only the kind of music they like, but who plays itand whenand where. Were not interested in the top 40 hits here, but in what endures; what people have in their mind when they think of music. To borrow from a previous Weigh-In question, it might be the one piece of music theyd choose if they were stuck on a deserted island. LICN interviewed a number of our readers to find out who theyd pick, and why.
Ludwig Van Beethoven. I love his musicbut not all of his stuff. The odd numbered symphonies by Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin Philharmonic, with the exception of the C-Minor symphony thats his Fifth Symphony, first movement I want that by Leonard Bernstein only.
My favorite musical artist is Led Zeppelin I just like the guitar playing and the drummings amazing and the singing is unique. I appreciate it a lot and I enjoy it when I listen to it.
Guns and RosesI really like their guitar work, by Slash.
My favorite group is Sigur Ros, from Icelandvery original; they have good texture with the melody. New Age.
Atreyu theyre hard-core.
My favorite musical artist is the Rascal Flats because they have a song about almost any topic in the world.
Id have to go with Judas Priest. I just like the way that they change with the times; they go from classic 70s metal all the way to the current 2006 thrash metal.
My favorite artist is Elton John. I saw him in 1971 in San Diego, again in 1987, and in 97 in Madison Square Garden. I grew up in the flower child era in the 60s and 70s, so he was right up my alley.
My favorite musical artist is Stars Theyre so unique, different from any other music Ive heard. Calm, but upbeat.
The Eagles; because Hotel California is the lifetime, all-time most awesome song ever made.
Django Reinharta gypsy from France, born in 1910, he was probably the greatest guitar player that ever livedhe played with Duke Ellingtons band, he played with everybody you heard him in the first cartoons when you were growing up.
My favorite musical artist is without doubt B. B. King, who Ive had the pleasure of meeting on several occasions and who seems to be an upstanding human being. I find no other musician as hospitable as B. B. King.
Whitney HoustonI think shes a beautiful lady and her music is just wonderful, beautiful very soulful.
Say Anything I love the lyricsI think theyre just amazing. It just resounds really amazing in my head.
The Allman Brothers Bandthe musicianship is just absolutely incredibly top-notch; has been for yearsa lot of fun to listen to.
Bruce Springsteen. I love Brucehes a Jersey guy and hes for the working class people.
Neil DiamondI have every one of his albums. I just love all of his music, and hes a good old Brooklyn boy; what more can you ask for?!
The Allman Brothers. I really like their classical rock style of music.
The Jamtheyre just amusinga Brit pop punk band. Eton Rifles is their rugby chant.
You cannot pick one, but if I had to, Jimi Hendrix, [especially] Little Wing.
Whats in my CD player right now: Newfound Glory. I think its a great CD.
AFIthe lead singer is hot. I love the fact that you cant tell if hes gay or bisexual or straight.
The Buggles; their Video Killed the Radio Star was the first video played on MTV.
The Nitty Gritty Dirt BandI wish I could see them in concert. Theyre country music, kind of peppy.
U2great music, good lyrics, great guitar work, great drumming, got a great sound.
Anything by Alice in Chains or G and R. These bands ROCK!!
Powered by eDirectory™