- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Malvern School Hosts Seventh Annual Lemonade Day
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Expert - Pelican Pool & Ski Center
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - 732-Express
- The Guide 2015 - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Best Bet - Lotus Health And Wellness Spa
- DayTripper: Princeton
- Daytripper: AdventureAquarium
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - School Daze
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Agostino Antiques
- The Guide 2015 - A.F. Bennett Salon and Wellness Spa
- Gift Guide - John Cortese Masons
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Allen Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Specialized Care
- Health - Pilates Space, LLC.
- Health 2014 - LIVING Pain-Free
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Newsletter Articles
- Colts Neck Resident Co-Chairs Centre State MS Event
- Rich Ideas- Dos and Doníts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Our Picks
- Health - The Dermatology Center
- Eat Beat - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Health - Dr. Louis B. Conte
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Ann Yokum
- People On The Move: Dave Cohen
- People On The Move - Michael Patrick
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Ink Couture NYC
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast Doreen DeMarco
- The Guide 2014 - Downtown Tile
Weigh In - "What is Your Favorite Movie of All Time?"
The 2011-12 movie awards season came to its annual culmination with the airing of the 84th Academy Awards on Feb. 26 - but that doesnít mean the cinematic debate has to end!
Watching more than a dozen organizations nominate and present achievement awards for the yearís top actors, soundtracks, visual effects, and much more over the last few months inspired Living In Media/livinginmedia.com to propose the most grandiose movie question of them all to our county residents.
Exactly how big of a field did our de facto film critics have to choose from? Itís hard to say, considering the motion picture industry dates all the way back to 1878, when photographer Eadweard Muybridge created the first motion picture by weaving still frames of a galloping horse together to scientifically prove that all four hooves lifted off the ground while it was running. As a result, the aptly-named The Horse in Motion, a 16- frame piece was born. Muybridgeís ingenuity sparked the creation of several movies in the coming years, thus laying the framework for the countless theatrical masterpieces we see today.
Across a sampling of a few of the fantastic theaters in Monmouth County, our participants were eager to play a supporting role in our cinematic poll. Only one movie garnered multiple mentions: Gone with the Wind, which isnít surprising since, when adjusted for inflation, itís the top-grossing film of all time. The answers spanned from the old-time classics of Casablanca and Wizard of Oz to the ubiquitous Harry Potter, and the reasons behind them were just as varied. Some were impressed by a starstudded cast, others by an intriguing script or moral, and a small faction enjoyed movies that rekindled their childhood memories. Just for fun, try to imagine what name you would pull out of your Ďfavorite movie of all timeí envelopeÖ
Gone with the Wind. It had romance and enough drama to keep your attention. Itís a classic.
- Thelma Johnson, Little Silver
Gone with the Wind. The acting and the storyline were superb. It was out of the mold for movies of its time.
- Jeanne and Jim Clark, Jackson
Taken. Liam Neeson is one of the best actors Iíve ever seen. The plot is very intense.
- Kapil Joshie, Middletown
Saving Private Ryan. I like the concept of it showing how to be an honorable American. Anything with Tom Hanks is awesome.
- Danny Conte, Aberdeen
The original Jaws. Steven Spielberg is a master. It was a compelling and suspenseful movie. The original was much better than the sequels.
- Ann Faris, Bradley Beach
Iíd say itís a tie between Rain Man and Mrs. Doubtfire. You donít see actors like Tom Cruise or comedians like Robin Williams anymore.
- Sally Silvera, Ocean
On the Line. It has a little bit of everything: comedy, romance, good plot and drama. I really like it.
- Anthony Allerton, Long Branch
Boondock Saints. I like all the action, and that concept of vigilantes catching all the criminals.
- Joshua Champlin, Manchester
The Blues Brothers. It was the best comedy of all-time. Thereís only one John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd.
- Hal K., Colts Neck
Smoky and the Bandit. Itís the best action movie out there. Burt Reynolds is great in it. I wish I could drive his car.
- Harold Mitchell, Eatontown
The Shawshank Redemption. It was a great drama, the kind where it really makes you root for the main character.
- Matt Marut, Keyport
Cannibal! The Musical. Itís just a good, silly comedy.
- Alyson Zilai, Brielle
A Little Princess. It was my favorite movie when I was a kid. It always reminds me of watching it with my dad and my life back then and that makes me happy.
- Angelina Iaria, Highlands
Red Dawn. I always think Ďwhat if?í when I watch that. What if we were invaded by the Soviets back then? Could teenagers have helped to fend them off? It was a great concept.
Ė Chris Iiara, Highlands
The Big Lebowski. With a cast like John Goodman, Jeff Bridges, and Julianne Moore, it had the best acting of any movie.
- Mike Stanzione, Manalapan
Casablanca. Humphrey Bogart is so charismatic in it. It was a great blend of comedy, romance, war... and illegal activities.
- Isabel L., Freehold
Groundhog Day. Bill Murray was a great comedian in it. I like the idea about getting to live the day over and make it perfect (left)
Ė John Gibson, Fair Haven
Dolphin Tale is my favorite. Iíve seen it four times. I like it because itís based on the true story of helping a real dolphin. (right)
Ė Harry Gibson, Fair Haven
Wizard of Oz. It takes me back to my childhood and watching it with my dad. Itís the quintessential American classic.
- Jane W., Red Bank
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I read all the books and thought they translated it to the screen well. It is the most epic of all the movies in the series.
- Rebecca Allerton,, Long Branch
Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, and Wall-E. The plots are cute and inspirational. The genius of Disney and Pixar is the cutting edge in graphics and animation. Outstanding!
- Mary K., Sea Girt
I love Peter Pan, but just the original one, not any of the remakes. Itís easily the best cartoon movie of all-time.
- Maureen Silver, Middletown
The Hangover. That movie redefined the comedies of this entire generation. Itís one-of-a-kind hilarious.
- Samuel Weinstein, Deal
Powered by eDirectory™