- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: John M. Taylor
- Ask The Expert - Alexandra Freer
- Ask The Expert - John Coscia of AJC Advisors
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Cozmos Hair Color Studio
- The Guide 2014 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- The Guide 2014 - Grand Glass Inc.
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Day Tripper - Snug Harbor
- Day Tripper - SLEEPY HOLLOW, NEW YORK
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Sandy Hook Yacht Sales
- Gift Guide - The Channel Club
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Guest Blogger >> Sonya Moretti, WHNP-BC, NAMS
- Health Talk - Hiren Patel, M.D., DABR
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Dr. Louis B. Conte
- Health - Ani Orthopaedic Group
- Health - Fitness
- Wilkinson - The Perfect Fit
- Everything Old is New Again - A Monmouth Beach Classic Shore Colonial Reinvented
- The Coriolans - An Eclectic Estate
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Cabitron - Design Trends
- The Home Gallery - Odyssey Land Design Group
- Our Pick - California Closet Company
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - Steven A. Morgan, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
- Our Pick - Creative Design Center
- Company Profile - Reliable Construction Services of New Jersey
- People On The Move
- Brad Greenberg - Caretaker For A Town
- People on the Move: Karen Nealis
- People on the Move: Tim McDonnell
- Summer Guide
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - 2 Chicks With Chocolate
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
- The Home Guide - EncoreGarage of New Jersey
- The Home Guide - Dulce Feito-Daly, LLC
Weigh In -Whatís your favorite night-spot in Monmouth County?
03/23/2011 - By Paul Williams
...almost every one of them enjoys a night out that includes eating great food or overlooking the ocean, or both.
It didnít matter what people were doing or where they came from when they answered this question; almost every one of them enjoys a night out that includes eating great food, overlooking the ocean, or both. (Then again, who doesnít?) Whether they were shopping in the Jersey Shore Outlets, The Grove in Shrewsbury, or just taking a stroll through town, most of the patrons envisioned topping the night off with a wonderful meal while watching the waves break. McLoones in Long Branch was the most common response, which fits since it combines a reputation of good food with an ocean-view dining room. Several people like going out to restaurants that are close to home (translation: the shorter the walk when the bar closes, the better), while others enjoy migrating to Monmouth County from north Jersey for a night out (ever see a beach in Edison? Didnít think so). To prove that Monmouth County has something to offer everyone, one guy told us that he frequents his go-to pizza place, Tommyís Coal Fired Pizza, to order his favorite wings!
So what is it about the ocean that they find so alluring? Many people responded that they enjoy the ďatmosphere or the ambianceĒ that is created by the cresting waves. Others said they wouldnít go near a seafood restaurant unless it was close to the ocean (yet, they would still go an Italian restaurant that is nowhere near Italy). Either way, it seemed that the quality of the service and the comfort of the dining experience were just as important to them as the food was. Then there were a few people who stated they enjoy just spending a night near the ocean without eating; one woman loves the Monmouth County beaches so much that she has declined several invitations to spend the winter in the Caribbean! Naturally, some people said they like going out to bars late at night, but even they prefer the ones that are near the ocean as well. (It was also quite refreshing to spend an afternoon hearing several people talk about bars in NJ, and to not hear the words ďSituation,Ē or ďSnookiĒ at all). Monmouth County has a lot to offer its residents and tourists, but it appears that anything near the beach is currently where everyoneís favorite night-spot is (maybe weíre just looking forward to bathing in the sun after enduring more than 4 feet of snow this winter).
Headliner. I go there every weekend because my friends go there. We like to hang out, and itís a lot of fun for a decent price.
-Anata Coreels, Spring Lake
Boathouse. I like the atmosphere. There have a very accommodating staff there. Plus you always get a very satisfying meal.
-Piotr Kleszczonek, Spring Lake
McLoones in Pier Village. Ken: The food there is delicious. I like to go there in the summer and watch the baseball games since they have a lot of TVís. Gail: I love the lobster Cobb salad. It has great view of the ocean too.
-Ken & Gail Schoop, Red Bank
Mezza Luna in Manalapan. The family atmosphere there is great. They have a very friendly staff and good Italian food, what more can you ask more?
-Steve Burak, Manalapan
Tommyís Coal Fired Pizza in Ocean. Their pizza is terrific, but I actually like their wings the more than anything else.
-Rene Anjoubault, Oakhurst
McLoones in Pier Village. The ambiance of the area is nice. The dishes are good, but the view of the ocean is what sells it for me.
-John Ruskin, Brick
Yusuf: McLoones in Long Branch.I like the fact that itís on the boardwalk and so close to the ocean. Lazelle: The Melting Pot. The menu is awesome. You have so many different entrťeís, and itís relaxing. You can be there for two hours and not even realize it.
-Yusuf Mathai & Lazelle Watson, Edison
Zebu in Red Bank. It has a very diverse menu. You can get anything from salad, to pizza, to even muffins.
-Steve Clapp, Middletown
Salt Creek Grill in Rumson. The food is tremendous, and so is the atmosphere since itís on the water. The seafood is good, but so is everything else they serve.
-Rich Guerrero, Rumson
Pier Village. I just like to go to beach there because I donít like the shopping scene too much. Their beach is always very clean.
-Ala Jiton, Holmdel
Whatís Your Beef in Rumson. Itís just a fun place with nice people and nice atmosphere. They serve mostly steaks, and they are all delicious.
-Nancy Simpson, Lincroft
I love walking along the beaches in NJ at night, even in the winter time. Friends ask me to go on vacation in Aruba, but I could never leave these beaches.
-Janice Millard, Avon
The Squan Tavern. It feels like everyone who works there is like one big family, and they treat you like a member of their family too.
-Virginia Cottrell, Point Pleasant
Asbury Lanes. They have bands there every week which is fun, but itís pretty low-key, which is what I like.
-Kimberly Reeves, Allenhurst
Johnny Mack's. I like the Irish Pub scene. Itís just a chill-out, relax kind of bar, and I love it.
-Mark Firth, Trenton
The Annex in Asbury. Itís got an awesome atmosphere with candles lit all around you. I donít like how dangerous some clubs can get, but itís very safe there.
-Andrew Osborne, Asbury Park
The Brickwall. All my friends like to go there, and their food is awesome too.
-Nathan Eme, Ocean Grove
Lubranoís Trattoria in Manasquan. Food and service is good, I have two children and itís kid friendly too, which is important.
-Nick Civitano, Farmingdale
The Watermark in Asbury Park by the beach is my favorite. Itís a different atmosphere with the lounge on the beach, and less rowdy than some of the other places to go along the ocean.
-Mary-Lou Macoch, Manasquan
Bistro Ole. They let you bring your own wine and they pour it into their sangria mix. I like to support the local businesses, and they are one of my favorites.
-Graham Carter, Allenhurst
Powered by eDirectory™