- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Premier Pain Centers - Peter S. Staats
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Ask the Experts: Ross Marzarella
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Maserati of Central New Jersey
- The Guide 2015 - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- The Guide 2015 - Casale Jewelers
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Aspirin...please.
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Warren Tricomi
- Gift Guide - Don Francisco Cigars
- The Guide 2015 - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Our Pick - Dr. Young Orthodontic & Cosmetic Services
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Health - Sports Care & Physical Rehabilitation
- Health 2014 - LIVING Pain-Free
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Millenium Stone Works
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Visual Impact Decorating
- Our Pick - Voyagers' Community School
- Company Profile - Steven A. Morgan, M.D.,F.A.C.O.G.
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move: Shannon Bauer
- People On The Move - Reverend Monsignor Eugene M. Rebeck
- People On The Move - Cecil Lear
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- The Guide 2015 - George Wall Ford Lincoln
- The Guide 2015 - Liberty Homes of Staten Island, Inc.
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ilkem Marble & Granite
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home Guide - Monmouth Beach Plantation
Weigh In - What’s your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
What’s your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. That’s a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, what’s an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra – and often novelty – applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps aren’t just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. I’m a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didn’t know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is “Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Don’t ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an ‘angry bird’ at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once you’ve started.”
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Here’s a list of 2011’s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
• Angry Birds
• Doodle Jump
• Fruit Ninja
• Cut the Rope
On the Go
• Word Lens
• Shop Savvy
Music & Photography
I’m a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. It’s a camera app. It’s hard to explain but it’s so much fun to use.
I’m a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didn’t have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the “biz” and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friend’s horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I don’t use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™