- Around Town
- Team Life Celebrates 20 Years
- Hubbard Park Real Estate Becomes Exclusive Leverage Global Partner for Rumson, NJ
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Ask The Expert - Karen Lozner of Karens School of Fashion
- Ask The Expert - Greg Nipoti
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Town & Country Kitchen & Bath
- Best Bet - Powerhouse Gym
- The Guide 2014 - Staten Island Mall
- Cover Story
- A Major League Success - John Valentin
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Dr. Yvonne Thornton
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Eat Beat - Birravino
- Eats: Park Avenue Bistro
- Staten Island EatBeat - Campania Coal Fired Pizza
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Fall Events
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- Health - Advanced Medical Imaging
- Best Bet - Casale Jewelers
- Health Talk
- Health Blog - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- Health - High Performance Foot and Ankle Center
- Health Talk - Mark Song, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2015 - Atlantic Age Management
- Health - Avatar Spa
- HWB 2016 - Lifestyles Medical
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Buzz: Holiday Desserts
- Best Bet - David Burkes Fromagerie
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Ryser's Landscape Supply
- JMH Home Design Consultants - Gallery
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Arianas Grand
- Our Pick - Visiting Nurse Association of Central Jersey
- Our Pick - Ultimate Fitness Equipment
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - John Nies
- People On The Move - Alexandra Kerenyi Augustyn
- People On The Move - Cheryl A. Krause-Parello
- Summer Guide
- Best Bet - Audi Eatontown
- Our Pick 2016 - Hot Tubs by HotSpring
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Above
- The Guide 2015 - Rosen Decorators
- Health Talk - Mancini Giuffre Salon and Spa
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Chelsea Kitchen and Bath
- The Home Guide - Ronald D. Victorio Architects
- The Home Guide - California Closets
Weigh In - Whats your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
Whats your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. Thats a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, whats an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra and often novelty applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps arent just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. Im a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didnt know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Dont ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an angry bird at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once youve started.
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Heres a list of 2011s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
Cut the Rope
On the Go
Music & Photography
Im a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. Its a camera app. Its hard to explain but its so much fun to use.
Im a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didnt have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the biz and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friends horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I dont use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™