- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - Pauline Poyner
- Ask The Experts - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- The Guide 2014 - Nina Ferrer Design
- The Guide 2014 - Robert Defalco Realty
- Cover Story
- Nina Sophia Waga Mojares
- La Bella Vita!
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the “American Dream” in Colts Neck
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Turkey Day
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Cozmos Hair Color Studio
- Linda LePre Interiors - Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Manalapan Woodworking
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Wellness Center Pharmacy & Surgical
- Health - Bear Brook Commons Dental Group
- Health - Hospitals
- Living in Colts Neck
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- All The Pretty Horses
- Newsletter Articles
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- The Home - Viscon Builders Gallery
- The Home - KRFC
- People On The Move
- Mary Lou Moramarco - Volunteer Extraordinaire
- People On The Move - Barbara Hilliard
- Kids On The Move: Rachel Cooperstein
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Merri-Makers Catering
- The Guide 2014 - Ink Couture NYC
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- The Home Guide
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
- The Home Guide - New Jersey Best Lawns
Weigh In - What’s your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
What’s your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. That’s a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, what’s an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra – and often novelty – applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps aren’t just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. I’m a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didn’t know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is “Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Don’t ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an ‘angry bird’ at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once you’ve started.”
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Here’s a list of 2011’s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
• Angry Birds
• Doodle Jump
• Fruit Ninja
• Cut the Rope
On the Go
• Word Lens
• Shop Savvy
Music & Photography
I’m a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. It’s a camera app. It’s hard to explain but it’s so much fun to use.
I’m a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didn’t have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the “biz” and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friend’s horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I don’t use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™