- Around Town
- Resources Real Estate NJAR 2015 Award Winners
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- DermOne Welcomes Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - John Panicali, D.C., Chiropractor
- Ask The Expert - Robert E.Wold, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Joe Adelfio of Closettec NJ
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Home Theatre Connection
- The Guide 2015 - Craft Master Builders Corp
- The Guide 2015 - Galaxy Toyota
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Day Tripper - Balloon Flights
- Daytripper: Popcorn Park Zoo
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - School Daze
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Anvil Studio
- The Guide 2015 - Tuscany Italian Specialty Foods
- Best Bet - Builders' General Supply Company
- Health Talk
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Spine and Pain Centers
- HWB 2014 - Rejuvenate
- Health - Steven A. Morgan, M.D
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- A Hanukkah Story
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- Our Pick - Baymar Farms
- The Home: Energy Saving Tips - Airtight Insulation
- Our Picks
- Gift Guide - Topline Appliance Center
- Our Pick - Top Line Appliance Center
- Health - Medimorphosis Medical
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Larissa Shulman
- People on the Move: Brian Nelson
- People On The Move - Major Gregory Penczak
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - It's Greek To Me
- The Guide 2015 - Grand Design Doors
- The Guide 2014 - Signature Design Group
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
- The Home Guide - Rodmans Building Inc.
Weigh In - Whats your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
Whats your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. Thats a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, whats an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra and often novelty applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps arent just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. Im a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didnt know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Dont ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an angry bird at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once youve started.
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Heres a list of 2011s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
Cut the Rope
On the Go
Music & Photography
Im a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. Its a camera app. Its hard to explain but its so much fun to use.
Im a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didnt have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the biz and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friends horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I dont use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™