- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Holiday Buzz: Out & About in NYC & PHL
- AMI Providing Free Screening Mammograms
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Ask the Expert - Richard W. Clift
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Hair Again
- The Guide 2015 - EXIT Realty East Coast Doreen DeMarco
- Best Bet - Dearborn Market
- Cover Story
- Susan Wigenton - United States District Judge
- James Livengood
- John Green - ABC News Award-Winning Producer
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Day Tripper - Wild West City
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Great Atlantic Porch Company
- Best Bet - United Lacrosse
- 2016 Guide - Fuzziwigs Candy Factory
- Health Talk
- Integrative Health Services at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health Talk - The Center for Bariatrics
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Physician Profile: Dr. Hiren Patel
- Health - Hot Tubs by Hot Springs
- Health - The Sea Spa and Salon
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Living in Colts Neck
- Feels Like Home
- All The Pretty Horses
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - The Real Estate Boutique
- Our Pick: Jaeger Lumber
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Express Limo
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- Our Pick - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Arthur Davey
- People On The Move - Larissa Shulman
- People On The Move - Cheryl A. Krause-Parello
- Summer Guide
- Our Pick 2016 - George Wall Lincoln
- Summer Guide 2015 - Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Gateway National Park at Sandy Hook
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - One Stop Womens Health
- The Guide
- 2016 Guide - SMB Studio Arts Inc.
- The Guide 2015 - Li Greci's Staaten
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Home Guide
- The 2015 Home Guide - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home Guide - Pietra Bella
Weigh In - Whats your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
Whats your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. Thats a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, whats an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra and often novelty applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps arent just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. Im a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didnt know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Dont ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an angry bird at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once youve started.
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Heres a list of 2011s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
Cut the Rope
On the Go
Music & Photography
Im a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. Its a camera app. Its hard to explain but its so much fun to use.
Im a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didnt have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the biz and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friends horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I dont use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™