- Around Town
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Oceanfront Restaurant’s New Wine Program Creates Big Waves in Jersey Shore Wine Scene
- 12th Annual AMI Foundation Golf Classic
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Experts - Dance Attitudes
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2014 - EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Guide 2014 - B and A Jewelers
- Day Tripper - Lambert Castle Museum
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Cowtown Rodeo
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Paramount Oral Surgery
- The Guide 2014 - Gold Coast Cadillac
- Gift Guide - The Samra Group
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. John Young
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Premier Pediatric Care
- Health - Soul Focus
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Best Bet - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- The Kaplans’ Home Base
- Shore & Sweet - Barbara and Bill Duffy
- Romancing the Tudor - The Haverlins Brighten Tradition with a Personal Touch
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - CMS Construction Group
- The Home Gallery - John Cortese Masons
- The Home - Cabitron
- Our Picks
- Eat Beat - Anna’s Italian Kitchen
- Company Profile - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- HWB 2015 - Vito Mazza Salon & Spa
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
- People on the Move: Majorie Mollenauer
- People On The Move: Dr. Phillipa Woodriffe
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Richmond County Country Club
- The Guide 2015 - Contemporary Motor Cars
- The Guide 2015 - Leather & Fur Ranch
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
- The Home - JGS Insurance
Weigh In - What’s your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
What’s your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. That’s a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, what’s an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra – and often novelty – applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps aren’t just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. I’m a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didn’t know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is “Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Don’t ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an ‘angry bird’ at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once you’ve started.”
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Here’s a list of 2011’s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
• Angry Birds
• Doodle Jump
• Fruit Ninja
• Cut the Rope
On the Go
• Word Lens
• Shop Savvy
Music & Photography
I’m a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. It’s a camera app. It’s hard to explain but it’s so much fun to use.
I’m a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didn’t have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the “biz” and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friend’s horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I don’t use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™