- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Michael Greenberg of HomeClick
- Ask The Expert - Wine Academy Superstores
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Homeclick Lighting
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Tile and Bath
- Best Bet - Atlantic Architectural Millwork
- Cover Story
- Twelve - The Hayes Family
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- Max Ehrich - Pursuing His Passion
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Day Tripper - Atlantic City
- Day Tripper - USMA at West Point
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Grace Your Space
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- Gift Guide - Drew’s Bayshore Bistro
- Gift Guide - Seeview Remodeling
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Chips Salon
- Health - Aroma Skin Care & Day Spa
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Visual Impact Decorating Gallery
- Eats: The Colts Neck Inn
- Kids On The Move: Ben Cruz
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - TCLA Enrichment Center
- Company Profile - American Antiques Company
- Company Profile - Reliable Construction Services of New Jersey
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Matthew Sawaged
- Colts Neck Member Of Jack & Jill Monmouth County Chapter
- People On The Move - Jeffrey Morgan
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Jeweled Studio
- The Guide 2013 - Terrazza Restaurant
- The Guide 2014 - Red Bank River Center
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Adjusters NJ
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- The Home Guide - Piazza di Roma
Weigh In - What’s your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
What’s your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. That’s a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, what’s an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra – and often novelty – applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps aren’t just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. I’m a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didn’t know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is “Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Don’t ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an ‘angry bird’ at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once you’ve started.”
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Here’s a list of 2011’s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
• Angry Birds
• Doodle Jump
• Fruit Ninja
• Cut the Rope
On the Go
• Word Lens
• Shop Savvy
Music & Photography
I’m a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. It’s a camera app. It’s hard to explain but it’s so much fun to use.
I’m a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didn’t have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the “biz” and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friend’s horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I don’t use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™