- Around Town
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Giulio Caruso, DC Total Care Chiropractic and Rehab, P.C.
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Travel Leaders
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- Best Bet - The Healthy Palate
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Day Tripper - Mystic Seaport
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - Walking through Monmouth County
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Fall Guide
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Museums
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Carol Bruno
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Grace Sharpe
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- Gift Guide - Getting In Shape For Women
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- A Place for Family - The Castelluccis
- Flight OF Fancy - The Berbers
- Tres Charmant - A French Cottage
- Newsletter Articles
- Dr. Peggy Avagliano Honored
- Eats: Mumford's Culinary Center
- WineZag - Choosing a Restaurant Wine List Over Food
- Our Picks
- Health - Kensington Court
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics and Invisalign
- Company Profile - LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Cecil Lear
- People on the Move: Max Fried
- People On The Move - Chris Dell
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - The Curvy Bride
- The Guide 2014 - Richmond Chandelier
- The Guide 2015 - Red Bank River Center
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Guide - Joey D’s
Weigh In - What’s your favorite phone app?
08/30/2011 - By Christine Burke Eskwitt
What’s your favorite phone app?
According to an article by TechCrunch.com, in 2008 the iPhone App Store had just surpassed the 10,000 app milestone. Today, the App Store inventory has exploded to over 425,000 apps. That’s a staggering new amount of apps being released every single day.
The less tech savvy may ask, what’s an app? Mobile phone applications, known as apps, are small pieces of software which are sold online and can even be downloaded for free, giving smartphone users extra – and often novelty – applications. There are, literally, apps for everything, from apps for cooks to apps for outdoor lovers, apps that track your money or your time, apps for moms and dads, and lots of apps for going out or working out. There are apps for special interests, like golf or photography, even an app that acts like a piano. And apps aren’t just available for iPhones. Apps are also available for Blackberrys and most other handheld devices.
Mind boggling, really. I’m a person who often claims Facebook fatigue and considers shutting down that app. However, despite the limitless possibilities available, a recent tour through the Freehold Mall held some app surprises. Many people didn’t know if they had apps, or not, on their phones and a surprising number of tweens and teens just own basic cell phones, sans apps. The most popular app I encountered at the mall was overwhelmingly Facebook. Also popular was something called Angry Birds, which I had to look up when I got home. For those not in the know, Angry Birds is “Dangerously addictive but deceptively simple. Angry Birds lets you employ cartoon birds as weaponized projectiles in an escalating war against a posse of egg-stealing green pigs. (Don’t ask.) Revenge relies on vectors and basic principles of physics, but the gist is to use a slingshot to angle an ‘angry bird’ at the smug little pigs. The real challenge? Putting your phone down once you’ve started.”
Ok, so if you need to fill up some time, check out these apps. Here’s a list of 2011’s most popular phone apps, according to Time Inc. Magazine:
• Angry Birds
• Doodle Jump
• Fruit Ninja
• Cut the Rope
On the Go
• Word Lens
• Shop Savvy
Music & Photography
I’m a little behind in technology.
I use Pandora all the time.
Google Plus Mobile app.
Facebook is my favorite app.
Hipstamatic. It’s a camera app. It’s hard to explain but it’s so much fun to use.
I’m a big fan of Pandora and I (heart) Radio.
I have so many. Right now I would have to say my favorites are Angry Birds and Words with Friends.
Definitely MailChimp. It is the best for managing and designing email newsletters! I do not think I could have such a successful business without this tool!
Angry Birds is my favorite.
I play solitaire everyday. The maps app is great too. The flashlight app saved our lives once when we had to get roadside assistance and the mechanic didn’t have a flashlight.
Flixster. I can watch trailers, get showtimes in the area and read/share ratings with my friends. I am in the “biz” and this is a phenomenal tool for watching the media and social trends.
Facebook is my app.
Horoscope. I check mine everyday and I also check my friend’s horoscopes.
Been verified. You can check people out that you meet online.
Apps? I have them but I don’t use them.
You are asking the wrong person. I am still in the Stone Age technologically. I love Blackberry Messenger.
-Carmel and Gina Costanzo
iMapMyRIde is awesome. This app tracks my speed, distance, and routes. It is the best motivator and I can also link up with friends who are riding too.
Jen: I would say Angry Birds is my favorite app right now. You have to try it.
Brian: Facebook definitely.
-Jen and Brian Macfie
I use Facebook.
Facebook no doubt.
Powered by eDirectory™