Mater Dei Prep Proudly Announces Hall of Fame Class of 2018 Inductees
Mater Dei Prep (MDP) and the Mater Dei Prep Alumni Association are proud to announce this year’s inductees to the Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame. The Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame honors members of the Seraph community for their extraordinary co-curricular accomplishments, distinguished achievement in their respective fields, extraordinary service and support of their alma mater, and team state championships. All nominations are reviewed by the Hall of Fame Nominating Committee and final honoree selections are made by the Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame Committee. The Hall of Fame Class of 2018 will be honored on Friday, September 21, 2018 at the Trump National Golf Club in Colts Neck, New Jersey.
The Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame Class of 2018 includes nine deserving individuals and one school championship team. This year the inductees represent alumni from the class of 1972 to 2008 and honorable community volunteers. John Cahill MDP’73, President of the Mater Dei Prep Alumni Association, is particularly proud of the inclusive and deliberate process that yielded such a distinguished list of honorees.
“Each year the list of Hall of Fame nominees is more prolific and extraordinary. It is clear that Mater Dei Prep is developing world class alumni and volunteers with an inspirational ability to lead, succeed, and serve their community. I am particularly proud of this year’s class of honorees and our commitment to recognize the myriad accomplishments of our alumni and volunteers in the arts, athletics, their professional fields, and service to the community. We are confident this year’s list of deserving honorees could be double the size and will continue to grow exponentially in the future,” said John Cahill MDP’73.
Mater Dei Prep is proud to congratulate the individuals listed below on their induction into the Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame.
- Cindy Dwyer: award winning director and musical editor that has been teaching music and drama at Mater Dei Prep for the past 25 years.
- Ryan Lino MDP’07: all-conference offensive lineman and a first team all-district Academic All-American nominee at Johns Hopkins University.
- Donald E. Froude MDP’74 – Lifetime Achievement: executive leadership team member and President of the Personal Advisors Group at Ameriprise Financial where he was responsible for the practice growth of over 9,700 financial professionals generating more than $3.3 billion in revenue and $350 billion in assets under management. Don currently advises the Mater Dei Prep Alumni Association and has made Mater Dei Prep a top philanthropic interest.
- Dr. Joseph Buzzanco MDP ’78 P’13,’16 – Extraordinary Service: member of the Board of Governors and a member of the advisory board. Joe has taken a leadership role in preserving the legacy and ensuring the financial future of Mater Dei Prep.
- Maria Buzzanco P’13,’16 – Extraordinary Service: leader of the parent association and served as the Events Chair on the PTO, Chair of the Board of Trustee Development Committee, and a valued member of the advisory board.
- Cathy Daniels MDP’79 – Extraordinary Service: currently serves as the Senior Manager of Internal Events and Alumni Relations at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. Integral part of the planning and execution of countless Mater Dei Prep alumni events and programming for the past several decades. She has been instrumental in reaching out to Mater Dei Prep alumni and encouraging their involvement with the school and attendance at events.
- Kathryn McLaughlin MDP’72 – Extraordinary Service: founding partner of McLaughlin & Wilshinsky, P.C. One of the original founding (6) Board of Trustee members of the new Mater Dei Prep and was recruited to Chair the Academic Development & Student Affairs Committee (ADSAC). Kathy was pivotal in creating school policies and procedures Mater Dei Prep still has today and is serving as the Women's Leadership Committee Chair.
- Ellen Poole MDP’72 – Extraordinary Service: spent her 34-year career in Accounting and Financial Management at Engelhard Corporation. Ellen has been a faithful volunteer at Mater Dei Prep for the past 20 years. She joined the Alumni Association in 2008 and currently serves as treasurer. Ellen has served faithfully on the Hall of Fame Committee and has been crucial to the planning and execution of the Annual Golf Outing and Picnic at Monmouth Park. Serving as the treasurer of the original (6) members of the Mater Dei Prep Board of Trustees, Ellen has been a valuable leadership volunteer assuring the success of the school. Ellen is also the Chair of the Board of Trustee Finance Committee.
- Bill Dickinson P’77,’78,’81,’83,’84,’86: has been part of the Mater Dei Prep family since 1973. He was a highly respected member of the coaching staff for the better part of 40 years - assisting with football, baseball, and softball. The Mater Dei Prep family was truly his family and for many alumni he was a father figure, mentor, and role model. Bill was among the most appreciated and influential members of the faculty and staff in Mater Dei Prep history.
- 2008 Mater Dei Prep State Championship Varsity Softball Team: in the spring of 2008 Mater Dei Prep fielded a softball team that would make school history. The Seraphs went on to tie for the Shore Conference B Central Division Title and made it to the Monmouth County Tournament Final. After defeating St. Joe’s of Hammonton the Seraphs were crowned Non-Public B South State Champions then were crowned Non-Public B State Champions after defeating Montclair Kimberly Academy.
To participate in honoring the Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame Class of 2018 for their accomplishments and commitment to Mater Dei Prep, please consider attending this year’s event or advertising in the ad journal. For more information on the Mater Dei Prep Hall of Fame Ceremony, please visit materdeiprep.org/page/alumni/hall-of-fame-ceremony.